• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
amazing shows like Family Guy
iAqOY85lqDvm.gif

Mikeside

We don't want no ducks
A duck is a troll who ain't gettin into the clique
Sittin over on gaming side talking shit about Ryse
Posting from his PS3

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
He's not wrong.

Anime in a Nutshell ( peter griffin watches Anime )

Anime died when I turned 14...plus I really don't like the digital look in many of the newer ones.
Er... when you try to argue the opposite of someone else don't then post a clip that supports their argument.

I don't know what anime has to do with this. I'm saying one animation from America is bad. I didn't dismiss the whole of the American animation industry.

afoni

Banned
It's difficult to compare anime to American animation purely on the grounds that 'cartoon' is treated like a separate medium over here in the West whereas anime is just regular programming in Japan. It's why we're shocked at cartoons with adult content and the Japanese aren't. We treat them as a child friendly medium and Japan don't.

Japan is mad into patriarchy though. Gender politics in that country are fucked. All those fucking idol groups full of young girls. I want to go there if only because their warped culture is interesting as fuck.

SKINNER!

Banned
Er... when you try to argue the opposite of someone else don't then post a clip that supports their argument.

I don't know what anime has to do with this. I'm saying one animation from America is bad. I didn't dismiss the whole of the American animation industry.

True. You got good US animated shows and shit US animated shows. You got good Japanese animated shows and shit Japanese animated shows.

For the record, Seth Macfarlene is a hack. Should've stuck to doing cartoon shorts for Cartoon Network.

It's why we're shocked at cartoons with adult content and the Japanese aren't. We treat them as a child friendly medium and Japan don't.

I believe this has significantly changed since South Park and Family Guy came along. I recall a mother at Asda telling her child to choose a DVD to watch. The kid picks out a "Family Guy" dvd and the mother put that back on the shelf stating that it was not for kids and decided to get a Simpsons DVD instead. Not to say that Simpsons is kid-friendly material (I think it is. Some surprisingly don't) but this showed that responsible parents are now fully aware that not all animated shows are aimed at kids.

Reknoc

Majority?

Bullshit. You're pulling my leg.

Next you'll be telling me Dog and Scissors was a good show.

I don't even know what that is, but a quick wiki suggests it was for a young audience. If not for children then definitely for young teens, there's not a lot made for actual adults.

Hystzen

Finally dropping onto a 3DS this weekend been looking at different deals past month. So far looks like £180 for 3DS XL + Pokemons + Project X Zone and charger from Asda using mothers discounts. will get Fire Emblem in next month or so as that is main reason want 3DS for

now question is Pokemons X or Y

Mikeside

This might actually be a good chat up line, Mike.

You just casually drop it in during conversation with a girl who is obsessed and you have a good chance of getting her fired up (Dr Who fans can't stand the slightest criticism or ambivalence about their show it's a proven statistic). Then she has you over to break you into the series just to prove you wrong. Then you turn that into pulling out a different kind of dalek if you know what I mean.

You might have to get that stupid haircut David Tenant has though and start wearing tweed jackets.

But who wants to chat up a fan of Dr who???

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is that Scottish ginger in it still?

Didn't they have to tone her down a bit because she was giving all the old folks heart attacks

No she left and was replaced by the insanely pretty girl that Hot Coldman posted upthread. But Karen Gillan was the best.

So Scottish, so ginger, so legs.

Finally dropping onto a 3DS this weekend been looking at different deals past month. So far looks like £180 for 3DS XL + Pokemons + Project X Zone and charger from Asda using mothers discounts. will get Fire Emblem in next month or so as that is main reason want 3DS for

now question is Pokemons X or Y

Another deal at Argos: £160 for Black XL + two latest Layton games + £10 voucher. Sell the two Layton games for £45-50. Yours sounds like a better deal though because you can abuse staff discount.

Mikeside

in my experience this leaves you with very little girls to actually talk to

don't worry, there's always Ninj

Ughhhh maybe I just need to get into utter shit TV and music so I can relate to the wretched, vapid husks of human beings who seem to be in great supply.
I don't wanna stick my little guy in a fan of dr who, Miley Cyrus or Tim Burton tho :(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ughhhh maybe I just need to get into utter shit TV and music so I can relate to the wretched, vapid husks of human beings who seem to be in great supply.
I don't wanna stick my little guy in a fan of dr who, Miley Cyrus or Tim Burton tho :(

And yet you like Scrubs. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom