• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
you're a duck

A3Z278A.gif

SteveWD40

Thanks guys and girl.

RnDzTzU.jpg

Doing it in York, which is nice, not a massive do, close family and friends, about 60 in all.

Honeymoon in NYC :D

Old York to New York, heh, just occured to me.

afoni

Banned
It's mostly worry, not laughter.

Honestly though it baffles me how much detail you go into about your life. I make a conscious effort to avoid that.

Mikeside

Afoni is right. You're pretty open with all the details of your life. I'm the same, but you gotta be ready for some light hearted piss taking if you're gonna be like the

NinjaBoiX

That's quite a good cover of a SY song. Karen O's vocals help a lot. At first, I was thinking, "YYY can cover a nearly 20 minute song?!" then I realised must be the radio edit version of Diamond Sea.
She's so cool man. Hayley channelled some of her animalistic, faintly sexual yelping and huh-huhing on Paramore's latest record. It does things to me...
"Arsehole".
"LCD Soundsystem".

Lol.

I'll not have it though. James Murphy is fly.

Cyanide, I'm glad you're part of this community man, I really am, it just wouldn't be the same without you. But yeah, you could try being a little more self-effacing and discreet. I mean, we all share thoughts and feelings about our life on here, but you properly air your dirty laundry for all to see, skidmarks, cum stains, the works.

We don't need to know you so intimately man! Save that stuff for face to face conversations with those you feel most comfortable with.

She's so cool man. Hayley channelled some of her animalistic, faintly sexual yelping and huh-huhing on Paramore's latest record. It does things to me...

"Arsehole".
"LCD Soundsystem".

Lol.

I'll not have it though. James Murphy is fly.

Funnily enough, my sister hasn't gotten the latest record. Maybe she stopped caring after they sort of broke up, I could tell her that it's good, right?

I'm a fan of most of the bands they're making fun of, and I still laugh every time because there is a modicum of truth there. "Bullshitters turning wank into cash...The Flaming Lips." XD

SmokyDave

Day fucking four of fever, cold sweats, headaches and a sore throat so painful I can't eat anything solid. Man I'm fed up. I don't like being ill, it's boring.

I can't even bring myself to play on my Vita. The screen feels like it's searing my eyeballs out of my head :(

Day fucking four of fever, cold sweats, headaches and a sore throat so painful I can't eat anything solid. Man I'm fed up. I don't like being ill, it's boring.

I can't even bring myself to play on my Vita. The screen feels like it's searing my eyeballs out of my head :(

That's crap mate, get well soon.

It reminds me of when I had that laser eye surgery. I thought it'd be sweet having a couple of days off work. Then I realised that looking at the TV was like looking at the flippin' sun. I had to lie in bed and listen to the radio. Ugh.

NinjaBoiX

Hey! Fellow greetings from a Hybrid Asian-White person!
Willkommen.
Funnily enough, my sister hasn't gotten the latest record. Maybe she stopped caring after they sort of broke up, I could tell her that it's good, right?
Oh yeah, definitely, albeit with some caveats.

Firstly, even though they've always basically been a punk band for teeny boppers, their pop sensibilities are even more prevalent in their latest record. I know a lot of people who enjoyed the comparatively raw-edged sound of BNE-era Paramore just found their new stuff too saccharine. Stuff like Still Into You and Ain't It Fun would give Little Mix a cavity.

Also, they have fundamentally altered their sound, it's a lot less "feedback and fuzz pedals" and more "filters synthesizers", owing mainly to Justin Meldal-Johnsen twiddling the knobs this time. Ilan Rubin's tub-thumping is transcendent though; the closing two minutes of Part II blows my mind:

Paramore - Part II

Also, by virtue of it being their most eclectic record by far, it is inherently less coherent, which I know bothers some people. But it's the sort of record that seems really eager to please. I think Alternative Punk put it very well:

"As a full record, Paramore certainly isn't for everyone--but there's certainly something for everyone. If you're not having fun at some point of the album, you're probably not trying."

I think it's their best record, even if it has some issues. Some of the choruses for example are truly woeful, and their are one of two filler tracks. But yeah, if she goes in with an open mind, willing to accept a less punky sound, I'd say she will enjoy it. It's still very much them, just branching out and shit.

Edit: shit, feel better Dave.

Mikeside

Get well soon, vita warrior :(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ah man, I fucked up something relatively minor at work but now I feel like utter shit. Minor problems + posh parents = a fucking cunting clusterfuck

Wanna go hide in the toilets but I'm a grownup. So I will hide at the bottom of the road and have a smoke instead.

Mikeside

Ah man, I fucked up something relatively minor at work but now I feel like utter shit. Minor problems + posh parents = a fucking cunting clusterfuck

Wanna go hide in the toilets but I'm a grownup. So I will hide at the bottom of the road and have a smoke instead.

We've all done it mate, make your apologies and hold your head high that it happens rarely enough that it affects you.

Even good old Richard Nixon made the odd mistake (surprising, I know!!)

afoni

Banned
You guys ever get into scenarios where you want to do nothing but scream about feeling shit?

Like, I feel like I'm holding this bottle of coke, right? Thing is, this bottle has been in my bag for a few hours as I walk about doing what I do, so it's shaken up enough to kill a kitten once I open it. I kind of want to open it and spray it in private so that nobody sees how much I shook the bottle, but I also kind of want to spray it on other people and hope they don't get too weirded out that I just sprayed my coke all over them. Sometimes I feel it's just safer to leave the bottle closed, but I'm having second thoughts about that decision. I usually do keep it closed, but sometimes it gets to a point where I need to open it and let some of the fizz out, but I really don't want to inconvenience people by spraying all over them. I'm kinda worried someone's going to get a knife and stab the bottle while the pressure is extremely high and make it explode everywhere, making me look like a fool and probably making others think less of me for having my bottle blow up.

Do you guys know what I mean?

Mikeside

You guys ever get into scenarios where you want to do nothing but scream about feeling shit?

Like, I feel like I'm holding this bottle of coke, right? Thing is, this bottle has been in my bag for a few hours as I walk about doing what I do, so it's shaken up enough to kill a kitten once I open it. I kind of want to open it and spray it in private so that nobody sees how much I shook the bottle, but I also kind of want to spray it on other people and hope they don't get too weirded out that I just sprayed my coke all over them. Sometimes I feel it's just safer to leave the bottle closed, but I'm having second thoughts about that decision. I usually do keep it closed, but sometimes it gets to a point where I need to open it and let some of the fizz out, but I really don't want to inconvenience people by spraying all over them. I'm kinda worried someone's going to get a knife and stab the bottle while the pressure is extremely high and make it explode everywhere, making me look like a fool and probably making others think less of me for having my bottle blow up.

This is a metaphor for wanting to be rid of your virginity right?

afoni

Banned
Give me a shout if you really do want to talk though, ok buddy?

I'll happily spray my phallic metaphor on you if I need to, man. Thanks for offering.

But yeah, basically I'm feeling like a piece of arse recently and I'm not sure whether to buck the trend of bottling it up because it tends to come back and hit me in the face whenever I do. That's why I used the bottle as a metaphor.

Went to pub on Saturday, normally a friend drives us to a nearby town where the others live, meaning he can't drink much. This weekend we made arrangements to drink in Staines so nobody was driving. Fuck me we got hammered. It helped/didn't help that we ran into someone we hadn't seen for ages who kept buying us drinks and started rounds of shots. So on top of like, 8 pints of strongbow, I got two bottles of Desperado bought for me, a couple of shots each of tequila, sabuca, morgan's spiced rum, jack daniels and dissarono.

Woke up at 1 in the afternoon next day, fully dressed on top of my bed, with my MP3 player beside me still playing drum and bass on a loop. According to my housemate I'd also been yelling at no one. Needless to say Sunday was one of those "I only leave this room for food and water" days.

Help us out afoni, is this "fizz" you're afraid to spray everywhere... well what is it? Rage, suppressed disatisfaction, an overburdened web of lies, deep seated prejudice no one knows about, repressed homosexuality, simple stress?

Spill it.

ba dum tshh

afoni

Banned
General dissatisfaction, really. It puts me in spirals of apathy that usually end with me distancing myself with people for a week before something pulls me out of it.

Willkommen.

Oh yeah, definitely, albeit with some caveats.

Firstly, even though they've always basically been a punk band for teeny boppers, their pop sensibilities are even more prevalent in their latest record. I know a lot of people who enjoyed the comparatively raw-edged sound of BNE-era Paramore just found their new stuff too saccharine. Stuff like Still Into You and Ain't It Fun would give Little Mix a cavity.

Also, they have fundamentally altered their sound, it's a lot less "feedback and fuzz pedals" and more "filters synthesizers", owing mainly to Justin Meldal-Johnsen twiddling the knobs this time. Ilan Rubin's tub-thumping is transcendent though; the closing two minutes of Part II blows my mind:

Paramore - Part II

Also, by virtue of it being their most eclectic record by far, it is inherently less coherent, which I know bothers some people. But it's the sort of record that seems really eager to please. I think Alternative Punk put it very well:

"As a full record, Paramore certainly isn't for everyone--but there's certainly something for everyone. If you're not having fun at some point of the album, you're probably not trying."

I think it's their best record, even if it has some issues. Some of the choruses for example are truly woeful, and their are one of two filler tracks. But yeah, if she goes in with an open mind, willing to accept a less punky sound, I'd say she will enjoy it. It's still very much them, just branching out and shit.

Edit: shit, feel better Dave.

Hmm. She and I have been a fan of the more harmonious and emotive songs ("All I Wanted", "Misguided Ghosts", "The Only Exception", "Careful") rather than the generic power chord stuff on Brand New Eyes and the amateur punk on the first album. So this might be a good thing or not, we'll have to see.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Finished Blacklist....not very long at all...

Still though, really enjoyed it, saint row 4is pretty shit so far but the odd moment does make me chuckle

NinjaBoiX

Hmm. She and I have been a fan of the more harmonious and emotive songs ("All I Wanted", "Misguided Ghosts", "The Only Exception", "Careful") rather than the generic power chord stuff on Brand New Eyes and the amateur punk on the first album. So this might be a good thing or not, we'll have to see.
There is some stuff on Paramore that should appeal then. "Last Hope" is the big singalong ballad, kind of similar to "The Only Exception" but more sombre in tone. I love it. The ukelele interludes are pretty nice, particularly "Moving On" and "I'm Not Angry Anymore", and "(One Of Those) Crazy Girls" is excellent; it sounds like them doing a cover of a long lost song by The Shirelles or something. "Anklebiters" is good fun, and the intro almost sounds like a bona fide punk band!

"Now", "Proof" and "Be Alone" are three other favourites, but they might fall under "generic power chord stuff" depending on your fondness for generic power chords.

;)
Finished Blacklist....not very long at all...
Did you do any of the Grim missions? Those are the shit man, better than the campaign missions for my money.

Also, my life is now complete, six weeks ahead of schedule:

4dDLqFn.jpg

I didn't even have a speech prepared, but I guess I'd like to thank everyone that helped to make this happen. I've achieved a life dream, and can die a happy, contented soul now.

Sounds like you need boobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom