• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Well it is £10 per day to park. If we can fill out a car that would be cheap as shit. If not see what you can do for a hotel room. Ordered my ticket and it went to my Junk folder, took me ages to find it haha.

I'm booked :)

We can figure out the details later on driving and parking / hotels etc

Oh yeah, will be in London proper for a bit on the 5th of December from around 10-12ish before I head to Heathrow if anyone wanted to grab a brew.

I'm in work :( Can maybe get out of the office at 12 if you'll still be around then in the City area?

Doh >.< Where abouts do you work? My flight to LA leaves 3:30ish so that might be cutting it close. If not, I'll be back on the 12th and hanging around town for most of the day with Notts lass since we'll be going to Germany later on that day from Gatwick.

Doh >.< Where abouts do you work? My flight to LA leaves 3:30ish so that might be cutting it close. If not, I'll be back on the 12th and hanging around town for most of the day with Notts lass since we'll be going to Germany later on that day from Gatwick.

Right next to Bank station. Don't worry if it's cutting it fine, don't want you to miss your flight! Probably see you on 12th then

So...anyone else gonna watch How Video Games Changed the World on the 30th?

Hell yeah! I hear Matt Lees is writing it and might even make an on-screen appearance...!!!

Matt Lees &#8207;@Jam_sponge 19h
Less than 2 weeks before the TV show I wrote appears on telly. Excited to see the final results - there's a chance I might even be in it. :)

Matt Lees &#8207;@Jam_sponge 19h
The TV show is the thing I retweeted - a 2 hour special about games hosted by @charltonbrooker.

iZvO96LEtaLmC.gif

We met Matt Lees at EG Expo in September.

Well I say we, Mike and Quiche did. I was happy enough pointing in his direction saying "oh look, it's Matt Lees."

And me! Although I was looking quite dishevelled and somehow ended up talking about Mass Effect 3, so it could have gone better. :lol

We met Matt Lees at EG Expo in September.

Well I say we, Mike and Quiche did. I was happy enough pointing in his direction saying "oh look, it's Matt Lees."

And me! Although I was looking quite dishevelled and somehow ended up talking about Mass Effect 3, so it could have gone better. :lol

I honestly hadn't seen any of his stuff til last week. Now I'm in love with him and wish I could meet him again :lol

NinjaBoiX

I thought you were queuing for a game at the time dude! He does seem like a cool guy. Anyway, me and Musha were too busy chatting to Mike's epically bearded mate (Aidan?) to pay much attention!
I honestly hadn't seen any of his stuff til last week. Now I'm in love with him and wish I could meet him again :lol
They should send Jane Douglas next time.

bueno.jpeg

I thought you were queuing for a game at the time dude! He does seem like a cool guy. Anyway, me and Musha were too busy chatting to Mike's epically bearded mate (Aidan?) to pay much attention!

Nah, I was definitely there. That was the point in the day when there was nothing else to queue for. :lol

NinjaBoiX

I love Aiden, he made me pancakes when I stayed at Mike's Grandparent's.
Yissa! Eidetic memory confirmed.
4H8ern5.gif

I wonder if she's aware how many desperate young men have enjoyed shameful tear-stained wanks to her videos.
Hey man, I just said I think she's cute. I never claimed to debase her wholesome "girl next door" visage in my sordid stroke sessions.

That's what Paramore videos are for.

Mikeside

I love Aiden, he made me pancakes when I stayed at Mike's Grandparent's.

I've been trying to convince Aiden to come and socialize with you guys at some point, but he's pathetic about it & hasn't been finding time.
I think you should start bothering him on Facebook.

My mate Kev has suggested getting some of you down for a night out in Reading or Guildford because he wants to see who I've been spending so much time with.

LET'S GET SOMETHING ARRANGED, YEH?

I've been trying to convince Aiden to come and socialize with you guys at some point, but he's pathetic about it & hasn't been finding time.

My mate Kev has suggested getting some of you down for a night out in Reading or Guildford because he wants to see who I've been spending so much time with.

I don't think I'm friends with Aiden. I will rectify that immediately.

I'm up for a night out, but it may have to be in the new year, as it's getting pretty busy now.

I'd be willing to sabotage your real-world relationships Mike

Mikeside

I'd be willing to sabotage your real-world relationships Mike

More than welcome to do that, you dodgy motherfucker.
Where are my headphones?!!? :p

I don't think I'm friends with Aiden. I will rectify that immediately.

I'm up for a night out, but it may have to be in the new year, as it's getting pretty busy now.

Yeah, definitely got to be next year - I'm either working or up in London with you fine people for every weekend this year.

Oh yeah, I remember Aiden. His beard was indeed the dog's bollocks.

Don't tell him that, it'll go to his head like oh so much WKD.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Who's hyped for the Doctor Who 50th special guys? I can't believe how quick this year has been! I've even achieved my ultimate bro goal on hitting the 50th mark of different women on my fun ventures out and pretty much happy with the girl I've been dating the past month so all content really. Crazy how much can happen though.

SteveWD40

I hadn't heard of Jane Douglas till now, I just spent 10 minutes on youtube and have decided she is cute and I wish to see her very naked.

More than welcome to do that, you dodgy motherfucker.
Where are my headphones?!!? :p

I need to come clean about something Mike...

I... did bad things to the headphone jack. Dirty things.

I...I thought if I put the jack up my bottom i'd be able to hear my farts in immersive HD Surround Sound.

I'm sorry.

Who's hyped for the Doctor Who 50th special guys? I can't believe how quick this year has been! I've even achieved my ultimate bro goal on hitting the 50th mark of different women on my fun ventures out and pretty much happy with the girl I've been dating the past month so all content really. Crazy how much can happen though.

I tried mentioning this a few pages back and all the hipsters jumped down my throat, it's a dark place here Fred :(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I might watch the Doctor Who thingy despite having fallen off the bandwagon for a few seasons. I hear the last one was no great shakes so I shall skip it regardless of how superhot the new companion is.

Symphonia

Banned
Speaking of eating things that we probably should, what's the snack of choice for you lot at the moment? I'm finding myself partial to Reese's peanut butter cups and my sister has said she'll send me over a half pound one from the Canadas.

Looking forward to the diabetes.
Having the German market on my daily commute is proving to be a bitch. as I've found myself picking up a hotdog for the way back on a daily basis. Lashings of mustard and ketchup with a load of onion sprinkled over, nom.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I tried mentioning this a few pages back and all the hipsters jumped down my throat, it's a dark place here Fred :(

What the fuck, isn't this the Brit thread though?! What the fuck has happened to this country! I thought we was all suppose to be famous for love for anything British, moaning to death, binge drinking, sex crazing, witty liners, paper work central, you wot m8 quotes and tomfollery D:?!

Ah happy to hear this fella, you deserve it. We miss your dancing skills, you coming to the Xmas meet on 7th?

Having the German market on my daily commute is proving to be a bitch. as I've found myself picking up a hotdog for the way back on a daily basis. Lashings of mustard and ketchup with a load of onion sprinkled over, nom.

Is the market any good? I was thinking about going up to our Birmingham office for a day and checking it out.

Symphonia

Banned
Is the market any good? I was thinking about going up to our Birmingham office for a day and checking it out.
It's brilliant. I go every year, without fail, and never regret it. Just be sure to take plenty of money with you as it can get a tad expensive. Still, totally worth the money spent. Plenty of entertainment and it's not all outdoors like people assume, it's sheltered in cute wooden huts and the food - aw, man, the food.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Who's your favourite Doctor then? (Or if you're not a fan, which one do you find the most tolerable? :p)

Troughton probably. Still got a soft spot for Hartnell. Pertwee was too Avengerish and insufficiently Doctor-ish, The first Baker was just an overdone Troughton. Of the recent ones I've grown into both Tennant and Smith, and I wish Ecclestone had had a longer run to bulid the character a bit.

Troughton probably. Still got a soft spot for Hartnell. Pertwee was too Avengerish and insufficiently Doctor-ish, The first Baker was just an overdone Troughton. Of the recent ones I've grown into both Tennant and Smith, and I wish Ecclestone had had a longer run to bulid the character a bit.

Expected you to say Troughton. Really wish I could have been around in the days when he was on; Steven Moffat isn't wrong when he says Troughton defined the Doctor.

I guess it's because I'm raised on Ecclestone and Tennant, but I never really noticed how massive the shift in tone was from Troughton to Pertwee, but I suppose you're right. Still love him though; well, I love them all except Colin Baker, really. Even McGann knocks it out of the park in his <100 minutes of screen time.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Expected you to say Troughton. Really wish I could have been around in the days when he was on; Steven Moffat isn't wrong when he says Troughton defined the Doctor.

I guess it's because I'm raised on Ecclestone and Tennant, but I never really noticed how massive the shift in tone was from Troughton to Pertwee, but I suppose you're right. Still love him though; well, I love them all except Colin Baker, really. Even McGann knocks it out of the park in his <100 minutes of screen time.

I vividly remember the first transformation scene. Must have been about 9 at the time. Took a few episodes to get the hang of this being the same bloke in a different body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom