• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
What Strike was recommending was the shit western gritty reboot DmC:Devil May Cry
Get-Out-Simon-Pegg-In-Hot-Fuzz-Gif.gif

I hated the original DMC games, but loved the reboot.

Vashetti

Banned
BritGAF I need advise.

Me and my boyfriend live together in our own flat. I am at uni and will be until 2015 so I am exempt from paying council tax.

My bf was in college from 2012 until earlier this year. He's no longer a student and doesn't have a job, our only 'income' is my student grant/loan.

The council are asking for £500-ish from the period where my bf finished college until now. They have demanded he go to court on December 5th.

What do I do? Can't I just say he moved out when he finished college?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
BritGAF I need advise.

Me and my boyfriend live together in our own flat. I am at uni and will be until 2015 so I am exempt from paying council tax.

My bf was in college from 2012 until earlier this year. He's no longer a student and doesn't have a job, our only 'income' is my student grant/loan.

The council are asking for £500-ish from the period where my bf finished college until now. They have demanded he go to court on December 5th.

What do I do? Can't I just say he moved out when he finished college?

Hmmm. If you (or he) are being threatened with court then it sounds like you have been ignoring letters. that's never a good idea.And you certainly want to avoid a court judgment, as that will effect your credit rating for years.

But also it is not a good idea to lie either. It has a nasty way of catching up with you in the end. Besides, if he is the one being threatened with court then chances are he is the council tax payer - so they know he is there because otherwise he'd have taken his name off the property.

Best bet is (a) check out on the council website whether you are eligible for the single-occupancy reduction like Cumpkin said, then (b) ring the council (or get him to) and politely and honestly explain the situation, apologise for any misunderstanding and come to some arrangement to pay whatever you owe.

And do that quickly so that the court thing does not happen.

If in doubt, visit your local CAB this week.

EDIT: The council has discretion to reduce the historic bill in case of financial hardship, and you may be able to apply for Council Tax reduction based on your income. But you'll only find these things out if you call the council - neither of them will happen if you get taken to court first.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I got fucking smashed last night

smashed

I slept at the pub because I couldn't make it home, because when I tried to do that I fell over many times, pissed myself and slept outside someones house for a bit then I sat on the side of the road trying to get my jeans off and walked back bare-footed in nothing but my boxers and I lost my key btu that's okay because my colleague found it on her way home

fuck I'm still drunk

oh yeah they made me sign a contract that I will work a 10 hour shift today

fml

they drew penis's on my legs

10902082173_fe31def1a3_c.jpg

Mikeside

I drank a lot of Morgan's Spiced last night, did a whole lot of plastic sword fighting and tried a vaporizer for the first time.

Yep, that'll be a pirate party.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I shouldn't have bought that booze

I have already consumed two bottles

yolo

mikeside will you come here and be hungover with me

Mikeside

I shouldn't have bought that booze

I have already consumed two bottles

yolo

mikeside will you come here and be hungover with me

I wish, we could bro down in headachy misery.
Instead, I'm just going to lay here listening to Squarepusher and spinning out a little bit until I'm hungry enough to do something about it.

NinjaBoiX

Lol at the latest episode of "The Adventures of Tommy T". Leg penis was a nice touch!

I wish, we could bro down in headachy misery.
Instead, I'm just going to lay here listening to Squarepusher and spinning out a little bit until I'm hungry enough to do something about it.
Harder Normal Daddy > Beep Street > Repeat

Some more smooth grooves to sooth your blues Micheal:

Otis Redding - Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song)

DJ Krush - Song 2

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Diamond Sea (Sonic Youth cover)

8bit

Knows the Score
I've built a bunch of units for my son's room, rooted my Tablet S to rewrite the DNS entries and install Netflix on it and now I'm going to finally get on with XCOM Enemy Within.

Mikeside

Lol at the latest episode of "The Adventures of Tommy T". Leg penis was a nice touch!

Harder Normal Daddy > Beep Street > Repeat

Some more smooth grooves to sooth your blues Micheal:

Otis Redding - Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song)

DJ Krush - Song 2

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Diamond Sea (Sonic Youth cover)

The good shit right there.
I'll see you and raise you Teratology - Physics House Band

No, but that was my Saturday night

Next time, throw a Crabbies in the mix and you've got a perfect saturday night right there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom