• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
Excuses are good. Nobody wants to look like a pedo while enjoying a good cartoon in the cinema on a saturday afternoon. Is your daughter a talker yet? I can see that taking a preverbal child to the pics could scupper the excuse pretty quickly.
Haha, yeah, she's a talker but she's good as gold in the cinema. Took her to see Monsters University when it came out (she was a talker back then, too) and she sat silent as a mouse throughout the entire screening.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hey BritGaf. Long time GAF lurker, infrequent poster, yadda yadda.

Thought it would be worthwhile saying hello before plucking up the courage to attend the BritGaf meet on the 7th.

So, how's everybody doing? What's the protocol around here? High level summary of private jokes that a newcomer like myself totally won't get...?

Hey man! Do come to the meet, BritGAF are awesome folks, good times will be had.

There's a questionnaire thingy in the OP for introductions, tell us about what biscuits you like innit.

BritGAF is mainly about the North/South divide (with the southerners referred to as the Clique by lame-o northies like Chinner, a clique that you will be part of if you meet any of us IRL). Also there is an age divide with the children such as Tashbrooke, afoni, Coldman, Cheezmo, SuperSah, Quiche and the like vs oldies like me, Musha, SteveWD40, SmokyDave, Jimbor (also occupying the Top Cunt spot) and PhiSheep, king of the old people (he was there for the first Doctor Who dontcha know!). Mikeside is looking for ladies, NinjaBoX likes redheads, has a wonderfully shiny noggin and dispenses sage northern advice, Cyanide Strike may actually be bipolar but is fairly amusing with it, JackBen is actually a dirty American, ScotGAF (including 8Bit and his vast Scottish musical knowledge that I am super jell of, formerly chunky Lirlond and not-actually-Scottish Shorty) is strong but is missing their figurehead since he found out about Reddit. BGBW likes anime A LOT and will make you a badass avatar in return for three dickpix. Me and Screaming Meat are leaving our wives to get gaymarried one day so we can read Batman to each other and listen to post rock. Meadows had an asian girlfriend

Thought it would be worthwhile saying hello before plucking up the courage to attend the BritGaf meet on the 7th.

So, how's everybody doing? What's the protocol around here? High level summary of private jokes that a newcomer like myself totally won't get...?

Hello and welcome! If you pop to the first page there's a form you can fill out, tells us a bit about you and starts off some conversations.

There are lots of in jokes, especially made by Chinner, but if you hang around you'll soon feel right at home.

Do it. Proper coffee is the nuts.

Don't buy one of those bullshit "pod" machines though, like the Tassimo ones. Once they stop making the sachets, you're left with a large ugly plastic ornament.

Yeah already made that mistake. Andy really wanted one so we bought one, used it for a couple of weeks, it's now sat at the bottom of a cupboard. But he drinks a lot of coffee on weekends so I thought a filter coffee machine would be good. Plus I found a red Morphy Richards one that matches our kettle and toaster.

Symphonia

Banned
Hey man! Do come to the meet, BritGAF are awesome folks, good times will be had.

There's a questionnaire thingy in the OP for introductions, tell us about what biscuits you like innit.

BritGAF is mainly about the North/South divide (with the southerners referred to as the Clique by lame-o northies like Chinner, a clique that you will be part of if you meet any of us IRL). Also there is an age divide with the children such as Tashbrooke, Coldman, Cheezmo, SuperSah, Quiche and the like vs oldies like me, Musha, SteveWD40, SmokyDave and PhiSheep, king of the old people (he was there for the first Doctor Who dontcha know!). Mikeside is looking for ladies, NinjaBoX likes redheads, Cyanide Strike may actually be bipolar but is fairly amusing with it, JackBen is actually a dirty American, ScotGAF is strong but is missing their figurehead since he found out about Reddit. Meadows had an asian girlfriend
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that comment.

jimbor

Banned

BritGAF is mainly about the North/South divide (with the southerners referred to as the Clique by lame-o northies like Chinner, a clique that you will be part of if you meet any of us IRL). Also there is an age divide with the children such as Tashbrooke, Coldman, Cheezmo, SuperSah, Quiche and the like vs oldies like me, Musha, SteveWD40, SmokyDave and PhiSheep, king of the old people (he was there for the first Doctor Who dontcha know!). Mikeside is looking for ladies, NinjaBoX likes redheads, Cyanide Strike may actually be bipolar but is fairly amusing with it, JackBen is actually a dirty American, ScotGAF is strong but is missing their figurehead since he found out about Reddit. Meadows had an asian girlfriend

Well, fuck you.

Also, stick with The Shield. Slow start but it actually gets better with every season.

Budget?

For a great bean to cup machine, you can't really go wrong with this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003DNSQRK/

Edit: Just noticed that it's a hundred quid now, was only seventy something the other day. Still a good option although it moves it closer in price to some possibly better espresso type machines.

Yeah that's a little above my budget

This is the best summary of BritGaf ever.

Symphonia

Banned
Cyanide pick a fucking avatar ffs or I'm gonna lobby the mods to give you a crayon penis for an avatar or something.
269.gif

jimbor

Banned
CHEEZMO™;90609065 said:
Coffee machines are middle class as fuck

My council house raised inner child still won't talk to me since I bought one and started drinking 'craft' beer. But fuck him, I enjoy them both immensely.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, fuck you.

Also, stick with The Shield. Slow start but it actually gets better with every season.

You are part of the old people gang, like it or not :)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that comment.

Cyanide pick a fucking avatar ffs or I'm gonna lobby the mods to give you a crayon penis for an avatar or something.

See? :D

We love ya CS, your drama is part of why this thread rocks.

lmao Nigeria

jimbor

Banned
You are part of the old people gang, like it or not :)

See? :D

We love ya CS, your drama is part of why this thread rocks.

lmao Nigeria

I didn't even get a namecheck. For that I'm going to fall asleep standing up and spill my drink down me at your next gig.
again

theaface

Thanks for the welcome and pointing out the questionnaire! Without further ado then:

When's you Birthday: 22nd May
Where do you live: North London
Where are you from: North London again
Occupation/University: Project Manager / Graphic Designer. Formerly Leeds Uni.
Favourite Actor/Actress: Tough call, but at the moment I'll go with Kevin Spacey.
Favourite Band/Artist: Muse. Currently loving Parov Stelar.
Favourite TV Show: Formerly The Shield and Breaking Bad. Currently Boardwalk Empire.
Favourite Crisps: Wotsits (original flavour)
Favourite Biscuit: Custard Creams
Favourite Pokémon: Gurdurr, because it reminds me of Hodor
Ant or Dec: Two sides of the same coin, surely. Attenbrough is the only presenter for me.
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalagmites
Beano or Dandy: I never really did either. For me, it was Panini sticker albums (The Simpsons, WWF Superstars, Who Framed Roger Rabbit)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
She lives in Essex and everything.

I can't believe my summary was "likes redheads". I thought I had more to offer... :(

Yeah man, that was my personal highlight of BritGAF November edition.

lk7a4lt.jpg

I know! I feel like I failed you! Will edit now to think of something better/worse

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What have you got against real name stuff on Youtube? I can totally get not wanting real names everywhere online, I wouldn't want my GAF name public for instance given the shady/honest shit I will say. But unless you're a stereotypical Youtube commenter I'm having a hard time finding the problem. People would be able to see on a search that Jack Ben (if that is your real name) is a fan of anime soundtracks, makeup guides and waterboarding tutorials, what's the problem?
i don't ever comment or read comments but I like sharing and creating playlists and would rather preserve my anonymity doing so. Also I feel like "no google+ no comment" is probably not the end of the things they will do to force people in. Next you won't be able to save videos unless you're in google+ or some shit. Just trying to migrate to a all-purpose account now rather later. That and the whole search history bit being attached to my real name!
You're in no position to whine about people changing things, GREENSCAR.

Edited my list to help mend your fee fees :)

Hilarious.

And true.

Thanks for the welcome and pointing out the questionnaire! Without further ado then:

When's you Birthday: 22nd May
Where do you live: North London
Where are you from: North London again
Occupation/University: Project Manager / Graphic Designer. Formerly Leeds Uni.
Favourite Actor/Actress: Tough call, but at the moment I'll go with Kevin Spacey.
Favourite Band/Artist: Muse. Currently loving Parov Stelar.
Favourite TV Show: Formerly The Shield and Breaking Bad. Currently Boardwalk Empire.
Favourite Crisps: Wotsits (original flavour)
Favourite Biscuit: Custard Creams
Favourite Pokémon: Gurdurr, because it reminds me of Hodor
Ant or Dec: Two sides of the same coin, surely. Attenbrough is the only presenter for me.
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalagmites
Beano or Dandy: I never really did either. For me, it was Panini sticker albums (The Simpsons, WWF Superstars, Who Framed Roger Rabbit)

Where in North London?

Symphonia

Banned
True enough but I thought the article would be interesting to discuss. Long story short, Islamic extremists have declared part of Britain as the first Sharia law zone, and want to implement it up and down the country.

Edit: But if I changed my avatar, even to the same as Hot Coldman, he'd moan about me changing my avatar...again.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
True enough but I thought the article would be interesting to discuss. Long story short, Islamic extremists have declared part of Britain as the first Sharia law zone, and want to implement it up and down the country.

Edit: But if I changed my avatar, even to the same as Hot Coldman, he'd moan about me changing my avatar...again.

But I can declare my house to be a mandatory anal sex zone, doesn't actually make it so though.

NinjaBoiX

I approve of your amendment Jedward. "Shiny headed northern sage" does have a nice ring to it.

You missed my ultimate shiny head moment in Borderline at the last meet. Sweating like a fat kid in a cake shop on the stage, spotlight shining right on my bonce, turned around to everyone pointing and laughing. It took me a while to twig. Then I went to the toilet to cry.

TopCunts is what I used to call Top Shop (Top Man in IOM).

Got some sweet jumpers at TopCunts.
Top Chumps?
CHEEZMO™;90611035 said:
Parov Stelar is suhweet.
Indeed, I like her style.
Sorry, I'm a strict believer in the "avatar for life" notion. You should understand. :p
XJsSXpr.jpg

theaface

Sounds like more Daily Mail scaremongering, to be honest. I could declare a new that on Thursday nights from now on, everybody has to have ice cream for dessert (awesome proposal, by the way), but that wouldn't make it so. This will simmer down into the non-event that it is.

The home of Peacocks and Gala bingo - Elstree & Borehamwood.

Not North London.

Not as much as him!

Sorry, I'm a strict believer in the "avatar for life" notion. You should understand. :p

But that's your opinion, you can't force it on others. And I've been known to change mine.

Just saw this on my newsfeed on Facebook. Can't believe he wants it implemented up and down the country.

Discuss.

I can't see it but if it's that bearded ginger guy posting a Sharia Law sticker, I believe it's about 2 years old and scaremongering by daily fail. It's a load of rubbish, there's no way anyone would actually be able to impliment that.

hilarious.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
'Why is it on any map?' would be the more pertinent question. Fucking shithole.
I mean 3sixty lives there ffs, it has to be terrible

CHEEZMO™;90601255 said:
Guys I need to write a cover letter to apply at CEX.

wat do
Say you have 12 piercings, a tattoo on your face and you love the smell of weed that hits you when you open a second hand copy of MGS2
My home town is literally on the line what does that mean
You'll never be part of the clique

Totally do it man! Try not to get too smashed as that's my job

I'm doing great as I now have a table and chair set in my kitchen, also I'm watching Definitely, maybe and it's making my ovaries glow

The protocol is to get involved in any discussion that takes your fancy, you won't always get acknowledged when you post, my method is to keep posting until somebody tells me to stfu

There are 'private jokes' and many of them you too can get involved in, make new friends and have some of your own, now go to the OP and fill in the census and see if you can become part of the southern clique Oops I forgot to refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom