• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one jealous cunt. That smile at the end of the last episode when he held her hand... I would love for her to be in my life.

Personally I'm loving it, it just makes a whole lot more sense than him and Laurel.

Who is this? I feel like she's going for sexy in that dress but there's something undeniably frumpy about her. 2/10, would not bang.

You're wrong.

felicity_zps784d53f9.jpg

I'm not sure what's worse either.

Essex isn't bad at all but the TOWIE morons do not help matters at all.

Yeah I think it's a really nice place to live, it's just some of the people

I find Carey Mulligan and Elizabeth Olsen quite plain. There's nothing wrong with them, they just don't blow my socks off. For me fancying famous people is about fantasing about people you could never be with, whereas these girls look like the sort of people I could easily pull in real life.

afoni

Banned
I could never be with any girl due to a lack of confidence and self-esteem, so I guess that means I'm cool.

except for like 2 times where i did things

I find Carey Mulligan and Elizabeth Olsen quite plain. There's nothing wrong with them, they just don't blow my socks off. For me fancying famous people is about fantasing about people you could never be with, whereas these girls look like the sort of people I could easily pull in real life.

In Drive I found Carey Mulligan quite attractive but not so much in other films.

Symphonia

Banned
I just overheard a member of my team saying that at the Christmas party, they're planning to get one of their female colleagues drunk so they can, and I quote, 'have all the fucking sex in the world' - now, apart from the godawful phrasing, should I bring him in for a meeting regarding the fact he's planning to ply her with alcohol? I want to say yes but the guy who said it is a bit of a 'lad' and might've been having a bit of banter with his mate.

I just overheard a member of my team saying that at the Christmas party, they're planning to get one of their female colleagues drunk so they can, and I quote, 'have all the fucking sex in the world' - now, apart from the godawful phrasing, should I bring him in for a meeting regarding the fact he's planning to ply her with alcohol? I want to say yes but the guy who said it is a bit of a 'lad' and might've been having a bit of banter with his mate.

If anybody said that here they'd be disciplined, regardless of whether they were joking.

Being a lad doesn't mean that you act like a twat.

If anybody said that here they'd be disciplined, regardless of whether they were joking.

Agreed, it doesn't matter if he meant it or not, you don't even joke about that sort of thing. Which is rape. Pull him up on it for definite.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah Cyanide, that guy sounds like a dickhead. Shop the bastard!

Musha, I admire your unshakable self-confidence, as always, but...

PZmzW8C.gif

;P
In Drive I found Carey Mulligan quite attractive but not so much in other films.
That's because Drive is as bland as a bread sandwich. She was like a tasty pile of Sweet Chilli Kettle chips on the side of the plate.

Symphonia

Banned

Agreed, it doesn't matter if he meant it or not, you don't even joke about that sort of thing. Which is rape. Pull him up on it for definite.
Yeah Cyanide, that guy sounds like a dickhead. Shop the bastard!
tumblr_mos3fdvj4i1qhzi2jo1_500.gif

See, now I sound like a jerk who condones rape because I didn't pull him up on it immediately. But I definitely will be speaking to him come the end of the shift. And just to add weight to it, I'll be marking it down as a formal written warning.

jimbor

Banned
tumblr_mos3fdvj4i1qhzi2jo1_500.gif

See, now I sound like a jerk who condones rape because I didn't pull him up on it immediately. But I definitely will be speaking to him come the end of the shift. And just to add weight to it, I'll be marking it down as a formal written warning.

Straight to a written? It was undeniably shit/poor taste banter but would a verbal not be the more appropriate first step?

Symphonia

Banned
Sucks to be him.
Well, yes and no, while I'm effectively making his future at the company less of a guarantee, the ball is (or will be) in his court to turn his attitude upside down and try to make things right. Verbal, written and then a formal termination of contract. If anything, it sucks to be me - I hate being the bearer of bad news but, then again, he shouldn't go spouting crap like that.

lttp here but what a cunt

Sell hin out pronto

Well, yes and no, while I'm effectively making his future at the company less of a guarantee, the ball is (or will be) in his court to turn his attitude upside down and try to make things right. Verbal, written and then a formal termination of contract. If anything, it sucks to be me - I hate being the bearer of bad news but, then again, he shouldn't go spouting crap like that.

It sounds like something you should do off the books, like an informal warning. I wouldn't want a bit of banter I overheard to contribute to someone's contract being terminated. But you could nip it in the bud by approaching him and making it clear that this kind of behaviour jeopardises his future. Even if it just means he's more careful where he says things like that, at least he's being cautious.

EDIT

My post is made obviously with the assumption that it was a joke. You know best whether or not that was a joke or a statement of intent based on hearing it said and knowing something about the guy.

8bit

Knows the Score
Britgaf - help!

Went to Brum last week and drank at a jazz club called the Yardbird. Can't remember the name of the drink but I have this pic.....
IMG_20131125_WA0004.jpg

Anyone know what it is?

Why don't you ask on their facebook page? Google Image Search brings up this image from a place in Brisbane, but it's still kind of hard to read.

cabiria-brisbane.jpg

I hear you on this, probably the worst part of being a manager is disciplining people. Kinda makes me glad I don't manage anyone anymore.

That being said I was a pretty good manager, way better than my current manager.

Symphonia

Banned
I hear you on this, probably the worst part of being a manager is disciplining people. Kinda makes me glad I don't manage anyone anymore.

That being said I was a pretty good manager, way better than my current manager.
Don't get me wrong, I love my role and the work that comes with it, but fuck, I suck at shit like this. The shift ends at 4:30, suppose I better get shit together.

jimbor

Banned
nice find 8bit! A real Drink Detective.

Also, I encourage everyone to check out that "Gaf...Help, I can't dance!" thread

comedy. gold.

Holy fuck, I know that guy from a boxing forum I used to frequent. If I was a nasty bastard I'd cross post it on there as they're ruthless fucks. Not as much of a cunt as I thought I was.

Pretty sure one of my classmates is self-harming. He keeps turning up with cut marks on his arms, including one on a bandage, and he wasn't in class for the last week. I asked him about the bandage and he said he just cut his arm on something whilst out one night. Wouldn't think anything of it but he's said this before, and he suffers from insomnia apparently.

Hmmm. You don't get fairly noticeable cut marks on your arms just from day to day activity. Not if you're a student, anyway.

Symphonia

Banned
Well, that was a tad harder than I thought. He didn't burst out crying but I did notice his eyes watering as he begged to keep his job. This is why I hate doing shit like this.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just not a cool thing to say and definitely not work appropriate. Letting him off with a warning seems fair.

Pretty sure one of my classmates is self-harming. He keeps turning up with cut marks on his arms, including one on a bandage, and he wasn't in class for the last week. I asked him about the bandage and he said he just cut his arm on something whilst out one night. Wouldn't think anything of it but he's said this before, and he suffers from insomnia apparently.

Hmmm. You don't get fairly noticeable cut marks on your arms just from day to day activity. Not if you're a student, anyway.

Either you should talk to him or if you're not up for it, tell him to see a therapist through GP about it. It's usually a stress reliever, just a lot more intense than what normal people use.

Does he drink a lot or take drugs?

Symphonia

Banned
How did he take it?
Not well. I made it clear from the offset what the meeting was about. He assumed it was just going to be me giving a verbal warning but he saw me taking out the file notes and he started saying how sorry he was, how he shouldn't make comments like that and then he kinda started to tear up. I did feel a bit sorry for him but I wasn't going to back down on what I was doing - I wouldn't be doing my job if I did. I lost his respect as a friend but gained his respect as his team leader.

At 14 this isn't too uncommon, but at your age it is a bit rarer. If he is constantly coming in with cut marks they can't be accidental. It's probably best he talks to someone. If you're quite close to him then maybe you can approach him about it, if not I'd suggest approaching one of his close friends and suggesting they talk to him about it.

Most of the time it's just for relief or attention, but sometimes it's more serious, always best to check.

Not well. I made it clear from the offset what the meeting was about. He assumed it was just going to be me giving a verbal warning but he saw me taking out the file notes and he started saying how sorry he was, how he shouldn't make comments like that and then he kinda started to tear up. I did feel a bit sorry for him but I wasn't going to back down on what I was doing - I wouldn't be doing my job if I did. I lost his respect as a friend but gained his respect as his team leader.

Good for you, he needs to learn that he can't get away with comments like that at work.

At 14 this isn't too uncommon, but at your age it is a bit rarer. If he is constantly coming in with cut marks they can't be accidental. It's probably best he talks to someone. If you're quite close to him then maybe you can approach him about it, if not I'd suggest approaching one of his close friends and suggesting they talk to him about it.

Most of the time it's just for relief or attention, but sometimes it's more serious, always best to check.

I don't really want to say a lot, mainly because I don't want to seem like a madman, but I probably should ask, right? It's certainly worrisome, or worrisome enough for me to post it here I guess.

I don't really know any of his close friends. I wouldn't call myself one, he's a bit of an odd one. It's a weird thing because as far as I know he does seem to have a fair amount of buddies from other places (flatmates, old society friends and stuff); basically, people who I figure would have noticed if he was up to that kind of thing.

Still. He doesn't really ever get into detail about it, I swear I've tried grilling him on a mystery scar or something before and he refused to get into it. Just assumed that was him being "mysterious" or some shit, like I say he's an odd one.

Either you should talk to him or if you're not up for it, tell him to see a therapist through GP about it. It's usually a stress reliever, just a lot more intense than what normal people use.

Does he drink a lot or take drugs?

Well, third year of uni and that so stress is a factor, but if he is doing what I think he's doing than he's been doing it a long time, so it's probably other reasons. I don't think he does drugs, or drink that much. Like I say, not exactly his BFF here, we just share a pathway on our course.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Tell a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom