• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbor

Banned
Carrying on with the phone thing, it seems like Google had a positive effect on Motorola after buying it since they've put out this great budget smart phone:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ECBREB6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

Very enticing actually, that phone with a GiffGaff sim could work out nicely.

That phone looks unbeatable at that price. I've got a Nexus 5 and a GiffGaff sim, fucking hate contracts.

It certainly is.

It reminded me that I've yet to watch TAOJJBTCRF and Tree of Life. Both look so beautiful.

NinjaBoiX

Film doesn't look that great but it looks so pretty. I had a similar thing with Hanna. Dull film but oh so pretty.
I enjoyed Hanna. I liked how the action sequences were often one long shot instead of hiding poor choreography with hyperactive editing. And that Chemical Brothers OST man...

I loved how they used the sound effects in the score, the storm on the shack at the start for example. The "wub-wub" of the helicopter rotors for the bassline, the shuffle of the soldiers footsteps for the rhythm, excellent stuff.

Eric Bana seems like one of these incredible actors who rarely gets the screen time he deserves and when he does, it's usually in mediocre films like Troy or bad films like Hulk.

If I had to say I had a man crush on any actor...

EDIT

Yeah there were a lot of interesting things going on in Hanna. Some of the shots seemed like they'd been put in the storyboard before there was a plot to explain them which is fine.

I also liked the blonde villain and his vaguely apologetic looking skinhead goons.

And dat soundtrack...

Eric Bana seems like one of these incredible actors who rarely gets the screen time he deserves and when he does, it's usually in mediocre films like Troy or bad films like Hulk.

If I had to say I had a man crush on any actor...

Yeah I totally agree on this. I love Eric Bana. He was amazing in Star Trek, really good in the Time Travellers Wife, although in general I was disappointed with that film. I think the best thing he did was Chopper, brilliant film. But he has done a lot of shit films, he's so much better than them.

Amazing that he started off in stand up comedy as well.

SmokyDave

Reading too many threads on gaming side can really put a downer on your day. I think I might hate gamers.

I had a dream last night in which I purchased a Vita with Tearaway. It was magical until I awoke without one to love and cherish. I think this is my star in the east, my sign of something magical and biblical approaching. Congratulations Dave: your subliminal messages about the Vita are working on a subconscious level.
Heh, glad to hear it.

Tearaway is fucking ace.

SteveWD40

SmokiestDave

I won't be able to accept your request until Thursday, new house hasn't had broadband installed yet :(

Life without the internet is a strange and barren place. I actually had to watch a DVD the other night.

Heh, I get mine on Thursday, will hit you both up then.

SmokiestDave

I won't be able to accept your request until Thursday, new house hasn't had broadband installed yet :(

Life without the internet is a strange and barren place. I actually had to watch a DVD the other night.

A DV-what?

Oh you poor thing. I couldn't imagine going for several days with no internet. I think my life might actually end.

got a PSN friend request from Donkey Show

fanning-self.gif

The bit I never got about this story was the apparent "plot to rape a baby"

I think it's just the word "plot" I have issues with. It makes it sound like they had blueprints and a crazy scheme involving abseilling

The bit I never got about this story was the apparent "plot to rape a baby"

I think it's just the word "plot" I have issues with. It makes it sound like they had blueprints and a crazy scheme involving abseilling

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is too graphic to be published.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, I thought jimbor was being his usual self and saying fans of this boy band are scum, but I just saw the headlines.

Sickening.

SmokyDave

I have no fucking idea who the Lost Prophets are. Well, apart from that band with the baby-raping lead singer, anyway.

A DV-what?

Oh you poor thing. I couldn't imagine going for several days with no internet. I think my life might actually end.
I can't tell you how awful it is. No broadband, no cable TV. You'd think there'd be some sort of UN resolution preventing this sort of thing, but apparently not.

Lostprophets used to be one of my favourite bands, I was right in the front hanging off the barrier when I saw them perform at the Brixton Academy.

Fuck you Ian Watkins you utter cunt.

jimbor

Banned
Oh, I thought jimbor was being his usual self and saying fans of this boy band are scum, but I just saw the headlines.

Sickening.

I was quoting Alan Partridge but probably not the best time to do it.

Lostprophets used to be one of my favourite bands, I was right in the front hanging off the barrier when I saw them perform at the Brixton Academy.

Fuck you Ian Watkins you utter cunt.

Lucky that you weren't a little bit younger otherwise you could've been hanging off something else.

I disagree

It is a better idea than leaving him to fuck himself up

He's not leaving him to fuck himself up Tash, he's going to try and have a word with the bloke first, and if that doesn't help then he'll get a teacher involved.

Sometimes you have to try a more sensative approach at first, as it can yield better results.

SteveWD40

Is youtube playing up for anyone else right now? on Chrome.

Been about a week now where some (most) videos will stop streaming about 10 seconds in. I can usually keep refreshing / clicking around on the loading bar and it might work but mostly it's just a mess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is youtube playing up for anyone else right now? on Chrome.

Been about a week now where some (most) videos will stop streaming about 10 seconds in. I can usually keep refreshing / clicking around on the loading bar and it might work but mostly it's just a mess.
It sometimes changes to the html5 player for me as well even though I'm not in the trial.

It's a great album, I suggest you also check out Blanck Mass from last year if you haven't heard that. It's just Benjamin John Power of Fuck Buttons and a little more electronic. Oh, and their Glastonbury set was ace.

I've also enjoyed the output by Autechre, Oneohtrix Point Never, Broadcast, Haxan Cloak & Boards of Canada this year although those might be a bit further away from

Will keep that in mind. I got into them BECAUSE of seeing the Glastonbury set live on TV. The track they played was "Brainfreeze" and I then went the next day to buy it from HMV. Haxan Cloak - Excavation is a very hard album to track down, might have to buy that from Amazon. But yeah, Autechre and Oneohtrix Point Never are really great.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
He's not leaving him to fuck himself up Tash, he's going to try and have a word with the bloke first, and if that doesn't help then he'll get a teacher involved.

Sometimes you have to try a more sensitive approach at first, as it can yield better results.

I think the teacher would be the more sensitive approach as he/she is probably better trained for this than GS, no offence to Coldman ofc.. I'm not saying raise the alarm but unless this is coldmans close friend, it isn't really his right to pry?

RedShift

Anyone have any idea what could happen if my landlord walks into our house and it smells really strongly of weed?

They need to service the fire extinguisher or something, but one of my housemates has yet again stunk he entire house out with the most awful smelling skunky shit ever.

Don't care about any outcomes that get him into trouble, the guy is a grade A cunt. Actually any outcome where he gets into trouble is a plus for me, aside from the constant weed smell he refused to turn music/tv down last week until 2am so I only got 4 hours sleep before a job interview. Just a little worried about any consequences for the rest of us if they catch on that there's weed in the house.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The landlord will ask for a cheeky puff.
I think the teacher would be the more sensitive approach as he/she is probably better trained for this than GS, no offence to Coldman ofc.. I'm not saying raise the alarm but unless this is coldmans close friend, it isn't really his right to pry?
Already prying if he's letting a teacher know though, isn't it? I think letting a staff member decide how to approach it is probably a good idea though, they have access to more resources and people who have degrees/training in dealing with that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom