• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
The landlord will probably be more annoyed about the fact he ain't buying from HIM

The landlord will ask for a cheeky puff.Already prying if he's letting a teacher know though, isn't it? I think letting a staff member decide how to approach it is probably a good idea though, they have access to more resources and people who have degrees/training in dealing with that sort of thing.

I guess it is, but then atleast he's not directly involving himself in a situation that could potentially become alot more serious..

As you say, teachers have access to more resources and many students crumble under the pressure of Uni, all for different reasons and will probably have more experience in dealing with these things, I really think that Coldman will either make the guy more secretive about his harming so nobody will catch it, or get involved in something too deep, I've done it before and it didn't end well, have had a bit of experience of seeing people try to deal with things like that themselves..like my parents trying to deal with my sister.. Either do nothing or tell a teacher mang, that's my opinion

I genuinely did not know if it was a Welsh spelling of yield or not.

4KD184U.jpg

Bet you think Wales in is England too. Bloody Yanks.

SuperSah

Banned
I'm hoping the 5S will have a better battery life than the 4S. I'm having to charge in the evenings as well as overnight.

or maybe I'm just on my phone too much.

I think it's because Apple use really small batteries in their phones.

For example, 5S has a 1570mAh battery compared to the 4S's 1420mAh, so try not to expect all day battery life unless iOS 7 has handled it differently.

In comparison, my Note 3 has a 3200mAh battery which I only just plugged into charge after 22 hours off charge, which is pretty stunning.

Vashetti

Banned
battery life is like the most important thing and yet it's the first fucking thing they sacrifice

here's our new fucking phone, it's so powerful you need to plug it in every two hours

defeats the point of being a portable phone then no?

BUT LOOK HOW POWERFUL IT IS

Symphonia

Banned
So, yeah, as expected, my line manager did call me and Rape Joke into his office to have a meeting about what the next steps are. Rape Joke assumed it would end with me but, as I said last night, I had a feeling it would go further and it has. My line manager is now launching an investigation into Rape Joke's time at the company, see if there's any other complaints about him and, if there is, take the necessary action - which, I believe, is a formal dismissal. I'm kind of shocked it's come to this and I genuinely do feel bad for him as, besides that comment last night, he's generally a good guy and a damn hard working employee.

Vashetti

Banned
So, yeah, as expected, my line manager did call me and Rape Joke into his office to have a meeting about what the next steps are. Rape Joke assumed it would end with me but, as I said last night, I had a feeling it would go further and it has. My line manager is now launching an investigation into Rape Joke's time at the company, see if there's any other complaints about him and, if there is, take the necessary action - which, I believe, is a formal dismissal. I'm kind of shocked it's come to this and I genuinely do feel bad for him as, besides that comment last night, he's generally a good guy and a damn hard working employee.

you did the right thing.

everyone wants to be the nice guy, but unfortunately sometimes we must take responsibility and say 'bad' things about other people.

Just home from work.

Stopped in Staines to put my prepayment down on my PS4. Don't ask me how I did it but I've managed to get the console, two controllers, the camera, Killzone Shadowfall, Battlefield 4 and two years insurance for £450. BOOSH.

Also in store, got my receipt and line number: I'm 11th in line at the midnight launch. Gonna swagger into Staines at 20 to 12 and head straight to the head of the queue. BOOOSH

When I got home, I found a big phat phucking parcel by my door. "Too big to be my Vita" I say, look at the side, it says "Britgaf Secret San" on the side. One hell of a hefty dildo, gotta demolish dat duodenum dudes. BOOOOOSH

Birthday is tomorrow too.

It's all coming up Willhouse

SuperSah

Banned
battery life is like the most important thing and yet it's the first fucking thing they sacrifice

here's our new fucking phone, it's so powerful you need to plug it in every two hours

defeats the point of being a portable phone then no?

BUT LOOK HOW POWERFUL IT IS

Yeah, it's a bit silly. :(

You can't gimp on batteries, guys, c'mon. They should just cram massive batteries in there like Samsung did. I mean, come on, it'll last forever with top-end specs. 22 hours off charge made me a very happy fellow.

Or, more companies should allow you to at least open and replace the battery at will.

:3

Who else here doesn't have their PSN on the brit-gaf list? Wanna add you all! :O

Mine is on my profile page I think. I'm all in the shadows and aloof like that.

Yeah, it's a bit silly. :(

You can't gimp on batteries, guys, c'mon. They should just cram massive batteries in there like Samsung did. I mean, come on, it'll last forever with top-end specs. 22 hours off charge made me a very happy fellow.

Or, more companies should allow you to at least open and replace the battery at will.

That's why the latest drive to put 1080p and 4k screens on five inch phones drives me up the wall. Phone manufacturers know at the high end more processing power is increasingly harder to sell as generally most people don't require it, so they've moved to other items they can add to a 'feature checklist'. Meanwhile battery life languishes in a forgotten corner.

Just home from work.

Stopped in Staines to put my prepayment down on my PS4. Don't ask me how I did it but I've managed to get the console, two controllers, the camera, Killzone Shadowfall, Battlefield 4 and two years insurance for £450. BOOSH.

Also in store, got my receipt and line number: I'm 11th in line at the midnight launch. Gonna swagger into Staines at 20 to 12 and head straight to the head of the queue. BOOOSH

When I got home, I found a big phat phucking parcel by my door. "Too big to be my Vita" I say, look at the side, it says "Britgaf Secret San" on the side. One hell of a hefty dildo, gotta demolish dat duodenum dudes. BOOOOOSH

I would be scared carrying all that around Staines :lol I finally got my dispatch email from ShopTo but have probably lost access to my PSN account :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Congrats dapper, sounds like an awesome week for you. You deserve all the happiness you can find.
fuck you

SuperSah

Banned
That's why the latest drive to put 1080p and 4k screens on five inch phones drives me up the wall. Phone manufacturers know at the high end more processing power is increasingly harder to sell as generally most people don't require it, so they've moved to other items they can add to a 'feature checklist'. Meanwhile battery life languishes in a forgotten corner.

4K mobiles are a thing? If so, that's mega unnecessary.

Granted, the S-Pen is just an "add on" feature, which helps ship units but man is it amazing. It's pressure sensitive and and makes tasks a lot easier to do. I don't use it a lot though.

Battery should be the main priority. Full day battery on heavy use or bust.

I just don't think many phones have the space for one. The Note 3's battery is slightly bigger than the iPhone 4S's screen.

4K mobiles are a thing? If so, that's mega unnecessary.

Granted, the S-Pen is just an "add on" feature, which helps ship units but man is it amazing. It's pressure sensitive and and makes tasks a lot easier to do. I don't use it a lot though.

Battery should be the main priority. Full day battery on heavy use or bust.

I just don't think many phones have the space for one. The Note 3's battery is slightly bigger than the iPhone 4S's screen.

LG and/or Samsung are looking to ship 4k phones next year. Rumours are the S5 might be one of them.

Mikeside

Just home from work.

You opened your gift already???? :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You opened your gift already???? :(
He said he looked on the side and that it's heavy. I'm assuming he's making an inference that if it is indeed a dildo it must be a heavy one.

I should hope no one actually sent a sex toy through Secret Santa.

Symphonia

Banned
you did the right thing.

everyone wants to be the nice guy, but unfortunately sometimes we must take responsibility and say 'bad' things about other people.
I suppose, I still feel like a dick though.

The way things are going, I'm gonna be a wreck come next Saturday. I can see myself getting well and truly fucked.

8bit

Knows the Score
He said he looked on the side and that it's heavy. I'm assuming he's making an inference that if it is indeed a dildo it must be a heavy one.

I should hope no one actually sent a sex toy through Secret Santa.

I think Mikeside is alluding to the actual present being a big spunky cock with realistic ejacul-action.

Jordan

I'm hoping the 5S will have a better battery life than the 4S. I'm having to charge in the evenings as well as overnight.

or maybe I'm just on my phone too much.

5S battery is okay, I have music playing from 7am-4PM and it's on about 30/40% depending on whether there's a lot of texting/facebook/whatsapp. But the battery is never consistent - if I want to use in the evening for the gym, I will have to charge it up again.

Today has been pretty shitty for me, flu got the better of me and ended up leaving work early and falling asleep - got to the point of being so fatigued at work that I could barely walk in a straight line.

I'm going to go and buy the packaging for my secret santa and a card.

Do we say who we are in the card, or just let is slide and be like BritGAF Represent Yo?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Anyone have any idea what could happen if my landlord walks into our house and it smells really strongly of weed?

They need to service the fire extinguisher or something, but one of my housemates has yet again stunk he entire house out with the most awful smelling skunky shit ever.

Don't care about any outcomes that get him into trouble, the guy is a grade A cunt. Actually any outcome where he gets into trouble is a plus for me, aside from the constant weed smell he refused to turn music/tv down last week until 2am so I only got 4 hours sleep before a job interview. Just a little worried about any consequences for the rest of us if they catch on that there's weed in the house.

There are three possible bad outcomes - two civil and one criminal.

Often illegal activity - including use of controlled substances - is a breach of the tenancy agreement, so the landlord may be able to give you notice to quit or apply to evict you. The details will depend on your tenancy agreement and what sort of tenancy it is.

Also it is very often a breach of the tenancy agreement (because of insurance premiums) to smoke anything at all in the property, whether it is legal or not. This could land you with additional costs on termination of the tenancy.

The problem for the landlord is that, though he's not liable to prosecution until he knows what is going on (the leading case is Sweet v Parsley [1970]), once he does know - for example by smelling the evidence - then he may be liable to criminal proceedings himself, but he'll be able to avoid these by either chucking you out or by reporting you to the police.

Overall, it is not a good scenario unless the landlord either doesn't know or doesn't care - and I wouldn't bet on either.

On britgaf Xmas day.
Dec 23rd?

Sounds good

5S battery is okay, I have music playing from 7am-4PM and it's on about 30/40% depending on whether there's a lot of texting/facebook/whatsapp. But the battery is never consistent - if I want to use in the evening for the gym, I will have to charge it up again.

Today has been pretty shitty for me, flu got the better of me and ended up leaving work early and falling asleep - got to the point of being so fatigued at work that I could barely walk in a straight line.

I'm going to go and buy the packaging for my secret santa and a card.

Do we say who we are in the card, or just let is slide and be like BritGAF Represent Yo?

Aww sorry you're feeling rough. I'd say it's up to you if you want to tell your SS but it may be more fun to see if everyone can guess first?

Symphonia

Banned
This is really pissing me off. Anyone know why I can't connect to Youtube through my PS3. I'm connected to PSN but when I load up Youtube, it automatically disconnects and gives me an 80028ED6 error code. I've Googled it and nothing comes up.

RedShift

There are three possible bad outcomes - two civil and one criminal.

Often illegal activity - including use of controlled substances - is a breach of the tenancy agreement, so the landlord may be able to give you notice to quit or apply to evict you. The details will depend on your tenancy agreement and what sort of tenancy it is.

Also it is very often a breach of the tenancy agreement (because of insurance premiums) to smoke anything at all in the property, whether it is legal or not. This could land you with additional costs on termination of the tenancy.

The problem for the landlord is that, though he's not liable to prosecution until he knows what is going on (the leading case is Sweet v Parsley [1970]), once he does know - for example by smelling the evidence - then he may be liable to criminal proceedings himself, but he'll be able to avoid these by either chucking you out or by reporting you to the police.

Overall, it is not a good scenario unless the landlord either doesn't know or doesn't care - and I wouldn't bet on either.

OK. I'm not too worried about criminal proceedings because it's only him who's been smoking or having drugs in the house, and I can't be held responsible for that right? I just live with the guy.

The tenancy agreement and them possibly taking money out of all our security deposits worries me though.

Thanks for the advice.

Pretty much set on getting the S3 now for £17pm from CPW. After selling my current phone + Quidco, it works out at just under £14 pm.

There are sites that offer the phone for £14 straight away, but those are based around claiming the cashback periodically, which can be a bit dubious.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
OK. I'm not too worried about criminal proceedings because it's only him who's been smoking or having drugs in the house, and I can't be held responsible for that right?

Depends.

Section 8(d) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 creates a criminal offence for the occupier of (which you certainly are) or someone involved in the management of (which you might be depending on the tenancy agreements and who holds them) premises who knowingly "permits or suffers" the smoking of cannabis on the premises.

That's even if you're not smoking it yourself.

Hystzen

All the Eric Bana talk and zero mention of BlackHawk Down as the most badass Delta Force member ever. (The film also stars Jamie Lannister as The hero sniper and Bane as the guy who made Spud from Trainspotting deaf)

Sad day today as the only cute girl at work left for another job but she did text me asking if want go out some time so guess that's a bonus. (Even though we already done the vertical mambo number 5)

Also planning with mates when to watch new Hobbit hopefully it less dull and less scenes of Thorin the price of jobbers bitching how useless Bilbo is.

RedShift

Depends.

Section 8(d) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 creates a criminal offence for the occupier of (which you certainly are) or someone involved in the management of (which you might be depending on the tenancy agreements and who holds them) premises who knowingly "permits or suffers" the smoking of cannabis on the premises.

That's even if you're not smoking it yourself.

Ah shit. Thanks again.

At least my anosmic housemate has an alibi...

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Ah shit. Thanks again.

At least my anosmic housemate has an alibi...

However, the landlord almost always has to give notice before going into the premises. Usually 24 hours, which is plenty of time to rustle up the ingredients to be in the middle of cooking a really strong curry when he turns up.

That should fix it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Anyone here listen to M83? Trying to track down a copy of 'Before Dawn Heals Us' but everything I'm seeing online is pretty expensive. Is it even worth looking into?

SuperSah

Banned
It doesn't matter, they'll be eager to get the jump on Apple announcing 4Kretina or something next year.

If Apple even attempts 4K, it would be on the new iPad, right?

4" screens will see no benefit in it.

Paul, thanks for the PM, very detailed. I'm going to sleep now so I'll get back to you tomorrow!

I was scared YT was going to eat battery, but a 5 minute 1080p clip ate only 1% of life. This thing is godly.

f0rk

When does Pokemon X open up and start getting good? I'm not very far at all but I'm not really feeling the new perspective at all, it's just awkward. Having to switch between the stick and the pad because the roller skates aren't precise is annoying. And what's up with blackouts in the biggest city in the region? The way it gates you off with hardhat dudes is hilarious, I know they've always done that but there's like 5 routes blocked by the same guy.

Really enjoying Zelda and 3D Land though.

Jordan

Well that's another person I know that died this year. Count is up to five. This year has been fucking shit.

/depressivepost

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When does Pokemon X open up and start getting good? I'm not very far at all but I'm not really feeling the new perspective at all, it's just awkward. Having to switch between the stick and the pad because the roller skates aren't precise is annoying. And what's up with blackouts in the biggest city in the region? The way it gates you off with hardhat dudes is hilarious, I know they've always done that but there's like 5 routes blocked by the same guy.

Really enjoying Zelda and 3D Land though.
See how the map on the west side loops back to the big city. That's when the rest of that city opens up.

I realise it's already been covered but no I didn't open my SS gift, Mike.

But 23rd of December? I'm not waiting that long. Plus there can be much heart felt apologies/banter on the 7th if we've opened them by then and are forced to explain our actions face to face.

I think our meetups would make a good episode of the Big Night Out series on Vice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom