• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
Awesome. Not sure whether to make a new Google account though. My name is in the email it uses and with Google as it is, I'm not sure I like that. Need a new Youtube account at the very least.

I hooked up two Google accounts, so it can be a little confusing at times as to what the heck I'm doing.

Might have to dodge the evening portion of the meet next week. MIGHT.

Might.

The meet is only evening.

Unless people are meeting up individually earlier, it's starting from about 6pm in Big Red.

So in other words, you're not coming.

This is unacceptable.

Urgh what bullshit, I can only use my real name for all to see, nevermind having to create a google+ account?

Fuck off you smarmy cunts. 'Don't be evil. Don't be cunts either.' That should be the Google motto.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Urgh what bullshit, I can only use my real name for all to see, nevermind having to create a google+ account?

Fuck off you smarmy cunts. 'Don't be evil. Don't be cunts either.' That should be the Google motto.
It's already straight up evil, just in a sneaky, underhanded way. That's why I created an alternate account and shifted everything over to Jack Dangerfield, whose google + display picture is Bob from Reboot.

That's why I created an alternate account and shifted everything over to Jack Dangerfield, whose google + display picture is Bob from Reboot.

I've got old accounts that haven't been forced over to the new system, but frankly the account names are shit, and if I ever manage to make a viral film or upload news worthy footage, I want to do it on a better sounding account.

8bit

Knows the Score
SO CASUAL UGH WHY CAN'T NINTENDO MAKE A MARIO THAT'S CHALLENGING AND HARDCORE

I'm delighted that it went from "oh look it's Mario" to "What the fuck is going on here" within about 30 minutes. The first double cherry level turns into chaos as soon as you mistime a jump or glance off a wall and it's GREAT.

PS, congarats on the job Chinner, me old duck.

afoni

Banned
The meet is only evening.

Unless people are meeting up individually earlier, it's starting from about 6pm in Big Red.

So in other words, you're not coming.

This is unacceptable.

I meant the late, late evening portion of the evening.

Even then, it's still a might.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
We lost a great warrior for social change today. I remember when Chinner was a champion for a free Britain. Now he's just another brick in the wall of Cameron's class prison. Everyone that's on the dole better not get comfortable, he'll be gunning to take your benefits before long to help finance his summer home.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Musha is already scratching his name off the "good ones" list. He'll be snubbed and receive 50% fewer smiles from all in the clique.
Multiwindow on my Note 3 rocks.

Browing GAF, WhatsApp and having YouTube all at once?

YES.
Yep I've got tabs on my phone too. Tell the truth Sah, your dad didnt get that phone, you cut a viral marketing deal with Samsung didn't you?

SuperSah

Banned
Yep I've got tabs on my phone too. Tell the truth Sah, your dad didnt get that phone, you cut a viral marketing deal with Samsung didn't you?

Sorry if I'm posting a lot about it. It's a genuinely exciting device for me.

I mean, all this multi-tabs etc. blows my mind coming from using a old 4th. Gen iPod. :p

afoni

Banned
Musha is already scratching his name off the "good ones" list. He'll be snubbed and receive 50% fewer smiles from all in the clique.

I'm only putting it out there just in case I have to bail early, which may or may not happen. (Probably won't)

Chinner

Banned
went to asda, there was already a queue forming. if i had got in i could have got one, but im not waiting over 3 hours to get a ps4. could try joh nlewis, but thinking now maybe i should just wait till xmas when i have a proper wage comin in.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So PS4 isn't good enough for you if you have to wait with the common people eh?
Sorry if I'm posting a lot about it. It's a genuinely exciting device for me.

I mean, all this multi-tabs etc. blows my mind coming from using a old 4th. Gen iPod. :p
I'm just kidding, carry on Sah. It must be great to have such an upgrade.

Chinner

Banned
i saw one fella waiting with his mum. fuck that. maybe if me, mike and green scar were there so we could slap five, and watch some MLP on our beanbags then i would reconsider.

SteveWD40

Just been to a charity auction in Manchester where one of the founders of Chillingo bought the Coronation Street sign (the one used on the credits) signed by the cast... surreal.

I don't think I've ever seen someone so perplexed by a game since I saw Harrsion Ford try Uncharted 3. At least Ford could sort of follow directions and hold the controller almost.

Interesting though; the questions someone ask when they know nothing bout something can throw you:

"what has this contributed to the world?"
"u-uhh..."

Some of the creatures from the back of beyond that are being interviewed on the PS4 launch live stream...wow. Favourite Youtube comments so far:

'LOOOK AT THESE CLUNGE MAGNETS'
'must be a gaffer'

The whole 'show' is utterly cringeworthy.

Mikeside

Some of the creatures from the back of beyond that are being interviewed on the PS4 launch live stream...wow. Favourite Youtube comments so far:

'LOOOK AT THESE CLUNGE MAGNETS'
'must be a gaffer'

The whole 'show' is utterly cringeworthy.

its brilliant - so many cringey people. I feel normal compared to this stream!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Speaking of feeling normal compared to a group of other people, I once again extend an invitation to a big ol' furmeet in Manc on Saturday.

CHEEZMO™;91677433 said:
Speaking of feeling normal compared to a group of other people, I once again extend an invitation to a big ol' furmeet in Manc on Saturday.

Be careful. Chinner being a big banker will be paying off the council to shut you guys down.

Symphonia

Banned
I have a theory that nobody actually works in Ikea. Their ‘employees’ are people that have gotten lost inside, and over the years they simply assimilate into the store. They find themselves wearing clothes that match the logo, they forget the need to eat or sleep.

They are Ikea.

Ikea is them.

We are Ikea.

Mikeside

I have a theory that nobody actually works in Ikea. Their ‘employees’ are people that have gotten lost inside, and over the years they simply assimilate into the store. They find themselves wearing clothes that match the logo, they forget the need to eat or sleep.

They are Ikea.

Ikea is them.

We are Ikea.

:p

They sold through their entire allocation in about five minutes. I went through the checkout as quickly as possible and still missed out.

I'm not even going to bother looking tomorrow.

CEX or a scalper would seem to be my only choice now.

Keep checking Argos.co.uk mid morning. A lot of Xbox One units went on sale for home delivery around that time on the 22nd. Worth a look at least.

NinjaBoiX

PS4 launch day eh?

lXsGUjy.gif

Enjoy you guys who got one! Curious to hear impressions.
I have a theory that nobody actually works in Ikea...
5RBdS4e.jpg

I never said it was mine :p
That's what quote boxes are for brah.

Guys, this is bonny Sunderland in all it's glory. Behold.

Guy in the red shirt is Dave the Rave, a local legend. Prays, dances and MC's, all day, every day. Dude is a awesome, everyone loves him.

Morning peeps!

Glorious Friday. Dress down day in work, Bierfest tonight, sightseeing tomorrow, dinner with friends tomorrow night. Hopefully putting the rest of the xmas decs up on Sunday, and starting to get the flat ready for my bday party.

Plans people?

SteveWD40

Dave's plans are:

Camp outside CEX / GAME offering handjobs lubed with tears for a lick of the PS4 box they are gleefully carrying.

My plans are:

Watching Dave and crywanking.

Rich!

oh my fucking god. I bought a PS4 last night at Tesco, planning to sell my 3DS and Wii U to finance it. Not only have I sold my Wii U on ebay for £199, but I've just looked into my bank account and my old employers have for some reason paid me £600 for no reason whatsoever. maybe holiday pay? who the fuck cares

THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY EVER

8bit

Knows the Score
Morning peeps!

Glorious Friday. Dress down day in work, Bierfest tonight, sightseeing tomorrow, dinner with friends tomorrow night. Hopefully putting the rest of the xmas decs up on Sunday, and starting to get the flat ready for my bday party.

Plans people?

I've cancelled my meetings today and am "working from home".

Which means I've been digging around in my basement for some old records and have connected the Dreamcast to the old TV for a few games of Crazy Taxi.

SmokyDave

Dave's plans are:

Camp outside CEX / GAME offering handjobs lubed with tears for a lick of the PS4 box they are gleefully carrying.

My plans are:

Watching Dave and crywanking.
Dude, I'm fucking miserable. Here is my Sainsbury's story:

Went to my local Sainsburys. There was a queue. Joined the queue. Store opened. We were told they had stock to fulfill preorders and five extra. I was the fifth person in the line without a preorder. Queued longer. They came back out as said 'sorry, only preorder stock available'.

I curled up on the floor and died. This post was my last earthly act.

Fucking bollocks. Everywhere else I've tried basically told me I'm 'avin a larf.

CEX are going to get £520 of my money and I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom