• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

What reason did Game give?

Surely Argos would only debit your card if they've accepted your order?

Oh man, I am feeling really bad for you now, fingers crossed Argos come through with the goods!
The item was out of stock. Odd that it wasn't when I ordered it, but I suspect their system just can't keep up with demand.

I assume Argos only debit the card once they know they can dispatch the item, but the total lack of any confirmation and the fact their order tracking system is down ain't filling me with faith.

Ah well, if Argos can't deliver then I've already decided I'm going to line some filthy scalpers pockets. Lesson learned, I'll pre-order my PS5 the second they're available.

(I am aware that the inability to purchase a games console is a really small problem to have, but it's a slow day so I have bugger all else to worry about. I guess that's a good thing).

GAME cancelled my order :(

There's still Argos, I guess, and they've debited my card. They haven't sent any kind of confirmation email though, just a 'we're checking your order' about five hours ago.

My poor nerves can't take this kind of abuse.

This is turning into a farce.

Hmm...we've had The Tashbrooke Show then we got Last of the Summer Cyanide.

Got it!

Smokey and the Butthurt

How and why is this a thing?

I thought you were aware of it.

When somebody in Britgaf experiences some drama I can make light of, I re-imagine it as a film or tv drama and include the username in a title based on an existing film or franchise. When you blew up with that whole "am I a dick" thread and the toxic aftermath, I was there to summarise.

I feel sort of like you've brutally murdered the humour by making me explain the joke.

The item was out of stock. Odd that it wasn't when I ordered it, but I suspect their system just can't keep up with demand.

I assume Argos only debit the card once they know they can dispatch the item, but the total lack of any confirmation and the fact their order tracking system is down ain't filling me with faith.

Ah well, if Argos can't deliver then I've already decided I'm going to line some filthy scalpers pockets. Lesson learned, I'll pre-order my PS5 the second they're available.

(I am aware that the inability to purchase a games console is a really small problem to have, but it's a slow day so I have bugger all else to worry about. I guess that's a good thing).

First world problems dude

This is turning into a farce.

Hmm...we've had The Tashbrooke Show then we got Last of the Summer Cyanide.

Got it!

Smokey and the Butthurt

Perfect

If by UK retailers you mean Asda, they're basically Walmart nowadays.

Amazon UK and GAME are also doing it I believe.

The actual deals themselves are odd. Some of the stuff would be atractive if I didn't own them already like BF4, but then there's CoD GHosts headsets and Dishonored in the sales too.

Reknoc

I can't trust amazon anymore, just going to pop into grainger on my lunch break and pick a copy up. Price is a bit more than amazon, but not having the game this weekend is a huge price I don't want to pay.

The word "cyanide" is hard to insert into a well known TV show to humorous effect. You should be impressed.

Regardless, you and drama seem to have this magnetic attraction so when you inevitably fuck up again I'll be there

Symphonia

Banned
Regardless, you and drama seem to have this magnetic attraction so when you inevitably fuck up again I'll be there
tumblr_ls21w4OlKd1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When did you get your dispatch email though? I got mine 9am on the dot yesterday.
Half ten yesterday.

I can't trust amazon anymore, just going to pop into grainger on my lunch break and pick a copy up. Price is a bit more than amazon, but not having the game this weekend is a huge price I don't want to pay.
I've heard the horror stories, most recently with A Link Between Worlds so I was a bit cautious going with them but they've been alright with me. They were only a bit cheaper than GAME this time round but I'd like to avoid buying from GAME as much as possible and a curry sleeve was really not going to tempt me.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
11116300145_f0f8debcfc.jpg

Aww shit

Gonna buy my ss stuff today
I thought you were aware of it.

When somebody in Britgaf experiences some drama I can make light of, I re-imagine it as a film or tv drama and include the username in a title based on an existing film or franchise. When you blew up with that whole "am I a dick" thread and the toxic aftermath, I was there to summarise.

I feel sort of like you've brutally murdered the humour by making me explain the joke.
lol

What is with UK retailers jumping on Black Friday sales now?
I don't know, but it fucking annoys me

Reknoc

Half ten yesterday.

I've heard the horror stories, most recently with A Link Between Worlds so I was a bit cautious going with them but they've been alright with me. They were only a bit cheaper than GAME this time round but I'd like to avoid buying from GAME as much as possible and a curry sleeve was really not going to tempt me.

I'll buy the new shitty one piece game from them at some point, and if it arrives next day like its supposed to they'll be in my good books again.

Manic day in work- the XB1 had three people outside the doors at 9am- today it was ~30. After letting people in two at a time, the manager eventually opened up the shop proper at 9am, after telling them at that point we were down to four bundles. Cue a zerg rush and a lot of disappointed people. We had people coming in all morning asking for them too.

I've ordered one on GAME through Paypal. PS4 + FIFA + NFS + BF4. Will be delivered tomorrow.

I'm kinda shitting myself though. If the missus speaks to the bank and authorises the card transactions before reading my texts, I'll have ordered more than £1500 worth of PS4s.

I cannot describe how dead I am if that comes to pass. My Vita will have no owner. My child will have no father.

Smoky: go to Argos in person and order a home delivery through the tills. It will be confirmed right there and then if it goes through (get the person behind the till to try every bundle) and it will be in your hands by Monday.

afoni

Banned
Everyone who has received their gift will know who their Santa is if you keep posting about getting your stuff.

I've already got a damn good idea.

SmokyDave

Manic day in work- the XB1 had three people outside the doors at 9am- today it was ~30. After letting people in two at a time, the manager eventually opened up the shop proper at 9am, after telling them at that point we were down to four bundles. Cue a zerg rush and a lot of disappointed people. We had people coming in all morning asking for them too.
Yup, it's been nuts. When I was calling round earlier, you could hear in their voices that they'd said 'we don't have any PS4s left' at least 20 times. I'm surprised they didn't mention it as soon as they picked up the phone.

Smoky: go to Argos in person and order a home delivery through the tills. It will be confirmed right there and then if it goes through (get the person behind the till to try every bundle) and it will be in your hands by Monday.
I think, fingers crossed, I've got one. Ordered the FIFA bundle at quarter to eight this morning. They've debited my card, given me an order number and verbally assured me it will be delivered tomorrow between 7am and 6pm. I'm still a little sceptical, but we shall see.

The Premium maps are much better than the vanilla maps.

Plus you get the extra weapons, assignments, modes etc

You could do much worse for £10

That said, seems fairly redundant if you want to get BF4. Which you might or might not.

Canapes for Consideration

Danj

PS4 turned up bang on time via DPD. Hooked it up, did the firmware update, got logged in and got my free PS+ stuff downloaded. Had a quick blast on Resogun at lunchtime (I'm at work, otherwise I'd play on the thing all day lol), pretty awesome. Had a bit of difficulty getting it linked up to Facebook but managed it on the second try.

I need more PSN friends though, is there a way to have it search your Facebook friends for PSN people? And/or is there a list of BritGAF PSN names?

The Premium maps are much better than the vanilla maps.

Plus you get the extra weapons, assignments, modes etc

You could do much worse for £10

That said, seems fairly redundant if you want to get BF4. Which you might or might not.

Canapes for Consideration

Four seems pointless at present: it's more riddled with bugs than a prostitute after an orgy. By the time they're fixed the premium edition will be out for £30. My only worry is that the population count (PC) will drop off quickly.

Nay.

4X0iDlo.jpg

Game is still king of the dudebro's.

Got that already. Is it still populated?

Post pics of/with gift and a guess. Then everyone guesses.

In-jokes and gentle mocking will ensue.

I don't think we should reveal who it is until we get bored of guessing.

Nay.

4X0iDlo.jpg

Game is still king of the dudebro's.

Bad Company 2 has the best maps and the best all round destruction but I prefer the way the weapons handle in BF3/4.

Reknoc

PS4 turned up bang on time via DPD. Hooked it up, did the firmware update, got logged in and got my free PS+ stuff downloaded. Had a quick blast on Resogun at lunchtime (I'm at work, otherwise I'd play on the thing all day lol), pretty awesome. Had a bit of difficulty getting it linked up to Facebook but managed it on the second try.

I need more PSN friends though, is there a way to have it search your Facebook friends for PSN people? And/or is there a list of BritGAF PSN names?

you can add me. I don't have a PS4 though, but I have a PS3/vita which is p.much the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom