• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

Dude, I'm fucking miserable. Here is my Sainsbury's story:

Fucking bollocks. Everywhere else I've tried basically told me I'm 'avin a larf.

CEX are going to get £520 of my money and I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

If I had the money, I would have probably spent the extra rather than the 8 hour wait I did last night in Tesco

I've never spent so much time in a tesco in my life. I'm going to be having Tesco flashbacks for months

Dude, I'm fucking miserable. Here is my Sainsbury's story:

Fucking bollocks. Everywhere else I've tried basically told me I'm 'avin a larf.

What i don't understand is this: If you wanted one so deperately, why didn't you preorder it? If it's a last minute decision, then you obviously didn't want one that much to begin with, you're just jumping on the bandwagon because everyone else is getting one and you don't want to be left out.

Just wait dude, I reckon in a week you'll be able to get one at retail price from somewhere, just have a little -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=273eSvOwpKk

SteveWD40

Meh, it's only money. At least when you wake up, you have a PS4 and can play next gen Killzone on your vita in the toilet.

oh my fucking god. I bought a PS4 last night at Tesco, planning to sell my 3DS and Wii U to finance it. Not only have I sold my Wii U on ebay for £199, but I've just looked into my bank account and my old employers have for some reason paid me £600 for no reason whatsoever. maybe holiday pay? who the fuck cares

THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY EVER

BtrL2Bt.gif

Nice.

SmokyDave

If I had the money, I would have probably spent the extra rather than the 8 hour wait I did last night in Tesco

I've never spent so much time in a tesco in my life. I'm going to be having Tesco flashbacks for months
The only thing nagging at me is that a unit from CEX will be technically second hand and launch consoles ain't all that reliable.

What i don't understand is this: If you wanted one so deperately, why didn't you preorder it? If it's a last minute decision, then you obviously didn't want one that much to begin with, you're just jumping on the bandwagon because everyone else is getting one and you don't want to be left out.

Just wait dude, I reckon in a week you'll be able to get one at retail price from somewhere, just have a little -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=273eSvOwpKk
I was just complacent. I didn't think I'd need a pre-order. I knew it'd be a big launch, but not 'all sold out within two minutes, see you in February' big.

Every store I've spoken to today has said there's fuck all chance of seeing one before Xmas, with most saying Feb / March. I'm doubtful it'll be quite that bad, but I'm not expecting to see one within the next few weeks.

Reknoc

Changed my mind about the PS4, going to wait for the Uncharted bundle instead of a MGS one now.

Probably just going to play Mario all weekend.

SteveWD40

Every store I've spoken to today has said there's fuck all chance of seeing one before Xmas, with most saying Feb / March. I'm doubtful it'll be quite that bad, but I'm not expecting to see one within the next few weeks.

I thought the whole idea was to have them on shelves for walk in's? Madness that they all went so fast, new record I wonder?

Chinner

Banned
i almost bought a ps4 on john lewis last night, just had to pay for it. i was pretty unsure of the decision because i'm pretty skint on money at the moment, so green scar suggested otherwise. now i find out that green scar has a ps4.

hes playing my ps4!

The only thing nagging at me is that a unit from CEX will be technically second hand and launch consoles ain't all that reliable.

I was just complacent. I didn't think I'd need a pre-order. I knew it'd be a big launch, but not 'all sold out within two minutes, see you in February' big.

Ah fair enough. This is why I have no intention of getting one until at least next summer.

Well, your own fault I guess for being complacent. Pay the extra cash or go without.

SteveWD40

Thing is, what are you missing out on now? KZ is a 7/10 shooter that is just pretty, many say KZ Mercs is the better game.

If you still own a 360 or PS3 you can play everything else until Feb...

Reknoc

Thing is, what are you missing out on now? KZ is a 7/10 shooter that is just pretty, many say KZ Mercs is the better game.

If you still own a 360 or PS3 you can play everything else until Feb...

well theres that boring looking shmup that seems to emulate shooting the floor on Borderlands 2 (if you're playing the PC version)

SmokyDave

Tried to order the £530 GAME bundle and now my bastard card is blocked. It just ain't meant to be.

I thought the whole idea was to have them on shelves for walk in's? Madness that they all went so fast, new record I wonder?
It'll easily be a new record. I'm sure we'll hear that tomorrow.

Ah fair enough. This is why I have no intention of getting one until at least next summer.

Well, your own fault I guess for being complacent. Pay the extra cash or go without.
Mush, I don't want to rough you up, but I will if needs be.

They're not expecting til Feb/March things to clear up a bit? Mental. I was under the impression PS4 stocks were much better though. Not like, huge, but better than the X1 and so some chances of them in the next few weeks. Blimey.

Rich!

They're not expecting til Feb/March things to clear up a bit? Mental. I was under the impression PS4 stocks were much better though. Not like, huge, but better than the X1 and so some chances of them in the next few weeks. Blimey.

Amazon are out until Feb. If Amazon are in that situation, you know things are crazy

Symphonia

Banned
So does anyone know of any places that are selling PS4 with monthly installments? I tried ShopTo but they rejected my order because of my credit file. I'm not looking for majorly low repayments, something like £35-£40 a month, something like that.

Tried to order the £530 GAME bundle and now my bastard card is blocked. It just ain't meant to be.

It'll easily be a new record. I'm sure we'll hear that tomorrow.

Mush, I don't want to rough you up, but I will if needs be.

Did you actually just make the grave error of threatening BritGaf Mum? I will clip you round the ear and send you to your room young man!

SmokyDave

Sorry Mush, I loves ya really.

Tried it at too many online stores? might have set off the fraud prevention systems.

I have indeed. The kicker is that I was using the missus' card rather than the card for our joint account, so I can't even unblock it.

GAME have the stock. I have the money. I can't order one.

Dante needs to create a new circle to reflect my position.

SKINNER!

Banned
Am I the only one feeling bad that Smokey can't get a PS4? :(

If I find one up here I'll give you a shout man.

Speaking of consoles, there's rumours going around that the HMV on Buchanan Street are selling Vitas for £99. Tempted to see if this is true.

Sorry Mush, I loves ya really.

I have indeed. The kicker is that I was using the missus' card rather than the card for our joint account, so I can't even unblock it.

GAME have the stock. I have the money. I can't order one.

Dante needs to create a new circle to reflect my position.

I know, it's cool. I know you didn't really mean it.

Can't you just use a different card?

jimbor

Banned

Speaking of consoles, there's rumours going around that the HMV on Buchanan Street are selling Vitas for £99. Tempted to see if this is true.
I'm finding it funny tbh. Almost as funny as eggybob getting a power cut when he was installing the updates on his new ps4.

My eyes are black wrinkled pits, like the ghosts of prunes. Two black holes sucking away all my energy. I'm really fucking tired.

Got my PS4 last night, had my "bingo ticket" marking me as 11th in line. Bowled up at quarter to twelve and joined the front of the line. Once the next generation was in my hands, it was time to go home. What followed was the tensest fucking journey ever. Drunks cackling and smoking outside pubs, boy racers carving through traffic in their Subarus...spent half the journey looking over my shoulder.

Finally got inside and could relax. Took some time to neatly unpackage it and arrange it on my bed so I could send boastful snaps from my phone to Mikeside and a few local friends. Once that was done, connected everything up, all the plugs clicking satsifyingly in place, booted that motherfucker. Setup was very simple, the update was quick and easy, the initial set of options like time and date, whether or not I want to use my real name etc, very easy. Setting up the camera to recognise my face involved rotating my head in tandem with a wire frame box on screen, felt like a rich bastard opening his vault.

Once all that was done, I tried out the Playroom first. Unfortunately the design of the desk in my room and the way it's arranged mean I don't really have the space and positioning it wanted. I could play it, but not the way it was designed. It's neat but got old fast so I did the first two missions of KZSF. It's very pretty, and gives me great hope for the future when games really take advantage of the tech. It also kicked my arse a few times; it's not an easy game; I'm used to the Killzone of old where you're funneled towards the objective. In KZSF, you have to use the echo scanner constantly since in a big level the enemy can come at you from almost any direction.

Decided to leave KZSF on hold and see what the difference in BF4 on next gen compared to PS3 was. After an instantaneous single player install and a bizarrely long multiplayer install, I was finally ready to play. The difference between the two versions is really night and day. The PS3 version "aimed for" 60FPS but constantly ran under and could sink to a crawl when something big happened: or when something every day happened, like stealing someone dog tags with a knife. On PS3, that looked like a flickbook animation from a book with 6 pages.

On PS4, the game is buttery smooth, so much so it really took some time to get reaquainted. I noticed none of the horrendous rubber banding that frequently plagued the PS3 version. There's a definite visual upgrade, not as pronounced considering it's still a multi gen game, but for example, the sea in this game is no longer a flat turqoise texture once you reach a certain altitude. The actual game is more fun it seems. There's more players in a game, additional vehicles, more flags to fight for, and aiming and shooting seemed more responsive with the Dualshock 4. Which by the way, I really like. But it has two problems for me: the analog sticks, the texture feels far too soft, I am not at all surprised there's talk of the rubber wearing out. Also, the in ear headset you plug into the DS4 is trash. It's just bad. It's great that Sony decided to include a mic with everry console but I don't understand why they chose such a cheap and awful design which I'm convinced fits nobody's ear. Myabe someone who can fit their thumb in their ear canal.

Fortunatley and unfortunately, my game was curtailed by an error message which closed the game. What's good however is that my console did not freeze as I suspect it would have on the PS3. I also got the opportunity to not only send an error message but also to put my own explanation in there. Closing the game was a natural place to stop so, at 4:50 AM, I slithered into the warm embrace of bed and was awoken two hours later by my alarm.

/best review you ever read

SmokyDave

I know, it's cool. I know you didn't really mean it.

Can't you just use a different card?
I've ordered one on GAME through Paypal. PS4 + FIFA + NFS + BF4. Will be delivered tomorrow.

I'm kinda shitting myself though. If the missus speaks to the bank and authorises the card transactions before reading my texts, I'll have ordered more than £1500 worth of PS4s.

I cannot describe how dead I am if that comes to pass. My Vita will have no owner. My child will have no father.

Rich!

With or without games? Because if that is on its own that's pretty good since there's no demand for the thing.

It had these installed:

- EarthBound
- Super Mario World
- Art Academy
- Trine 2
- Kirby's Dream Course
- NSMBU

and a Wii U pro controller.

Just wanted a quick sale. £199 is ideal.

Say hello to those hairy drummers if they're still there.

If the missus speaks to the bank and authorises the card transactions before reading my texts, I'll have ordered more than £1500 worth of PS4s.

I'm sure if you hook them all up together, the consoles in union will be powerful enough to replicate human emotion. Then you have no need for human females.

I didn't get any snapchats :(
Do you have fb dapper? Hit me up bro!

I do but I barely use it and I'm reluctant for people I've met through the internet to see unflattering glimpses into my life. Perhaps.

SmokyDave

I'm sure if you hook them all up together, the consoles in union will be powerful enough to replicate human emotion. Then you have no need for human females.
I've just spoken to the missus and.... she's really cool about the whole thing!

Even though I've ordered two! (one Argos went through and the GAME bundle went through too). She was actually pissing herself at how much of a flap I'd got into over it.

Man, I always forget just how lucky I am. Killer wife and two PS4s on the way. Score.

SmokyDave

GAME cancelled my order :(

There's still Argos, I guess, and they've debited my card. They haven't sent any kind of confirmation email though, just a 'we're checking your order' about five hours ago.

My poor nerves can't take this kind of abuse.

GAME cancelled my order :(

There's still Argos, I guess, and they've debited my card. They haven't sent any kind of confirmation email though, just a 'we're checking your order' about five hours ago.

My poor nerves can't take this kind of abuse.

What reason did Game give?

Surely Argos would only debit your card if they've accepted your order?

Oh man, I am feeling really bad for you now, fingers crossed Argos come through with the goods!

I've just spoken to the missus and.... she's really cool about the whole thing!

Even though I've ordered two! (one Argos went through and the GAME bundle went through too). She was actually pissing herself at how much of a flap I'd got into over it.

Man, I always forget just how lucky I am. Killer wife and two PS4s on the way. Score.

I'll take one off you if necessary?

Edit: Fucksticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom