• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I tell you what (hank hill voice), I never would have checked out Chvrches or Fuck Buttons if it wasn't for you lot. I think it was Mike bleating on about Chvrches the most and Mesofanego for Fuck Buttons. Just got around to really giving them a listen, spectacular recommendations on both. Picking up both albums for Christmas to rip & gift.

Mikeside

I tell you what (hank hill voice), I never would have checked out Chvrches or Fuck Buttons if it wasn't for you lot. I think it was Mike bleating on about Chvrches the most and Mesofanego for Fuck Buttons. Just got around to really giving them a listen, spectacular recommendations on both. Picking up both albums for Christmas to rip & gift.

Both great releases, yeah!
I'm on a Field Mouse kick again right now, maybe you'll enjoy that too? (not at all the same though)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
And by rip and gift I mean legally purchase a physical copy, put the music on my computer and then gift the CD itself to someone I think who would also like them.
Both great releases, yeah!
I'm on a Field Mouse kick again right now, maybe you'll enjoy that too? (not at all the same though)
Already heard, but definitely a good assumption as I do really like them. Emma's house gets a lot of play.

SuperSah

Banned
Hm.

Battery has lasted around 26 hours off charge now and is sitting at 45%.

Not sure if I should charge it anyways to ensure it'll last all tomorrow, or leave it considering it's a beast anyways. What do you guys reckon?

I'm just concerned of damaging the battery in the long run. (my Note 3)

Hm.

Battery has lasted around 26 hours off charge now and is sitting at 45%.

Not sure if I should charge it anyways to ensure it'll last all tomorrow, or leave it considering it's a beast anyways. What do you guys reckon?

I'm just concerned of damaging the battery in the long run. (my Note 3)

You won't damage it, charge it.

Mikeside

And by rip and gift I mean legally purchase a physical copy, put the music on my computer and then gift the CD itself to someone I think who would also like them.Already heard, but definitely a good assumption as I do really like them. Emma's house gets a lot of play.

Emmas house? Don't think that's them... They only have a few tracks out.
Are you thinking of The Field Mice? That's a different band

You sure? It shows a notification at 15% stating "usage during charge can result in inefficient charging" blah blah.

I'll charge it. Thanks man. :)

Yeah dude it'll be fine, I've lived off Galaxy's and Notes for two years and I've never damaged a battery by charging or not charging.

SuperSah

Banned
Yeah dude it'll be fine, I've lived off Galaxy's and Notes for two years and I've never damaged a battery by charging or not charging.

Great, thanks.

Still find it stunning that a 3200mAh battery lasted me 26 hours with almost half left to spare. Granted, around 12 hours total was in standby but still streaming.

USB 3.0 should charge this by 11pm when I sleep anyway.

Great, thanks.

Still find it stunning that a 3200mAh battery lasted me 26 hours with almost half left to spare. Granted, around 12 hours total was in standby but still streaming.

USB 3.0 should charge this by 11pm when I sleep anyway.

My Note 2 was an absolute beast, I miss it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Emmas house? Don't think that's them... They only have a few tracks out.
Are you thinking of The Field Mice? That's a different band
Wow Field Mouse and Field Mice are two different bands. What the hell.

What songs from Field Mouse do you recommend?

Mikeside

Wow Field Mouse and Field Mice are two different bands. What the hell.

What songs from Field Mouse do you recommend?

Dirt vs Grass
Glass
Tomorrow is Yesterday
You Guys Are Gonna Wake Up My Mom

There's not much else to be honest but they're recording an album right now!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thank you! A couple of questions then:

Is it true that DKCR is challenging as platformers go (in a Dark Souls 'firm but fair' manner)?

How much is there to actually do in MK7? I'm not sure it will hold me for that long, unless online racing really clicks with me.

DKCR is certainly challenging and that's not counting all the extras like collecting all the KONG letters on each stage and setting to the end.

MK7 is a pretty standard fair, GP mode, multiplayer VS mode, time trails and online. It also supports Streetpass so you can race against other people's racing data and a custom GP course they have set up which helps mix up the order a bit.

Wow, I just checked out the Steps - Tragedy video and noticed it stars Doraemon at the beginning.

---------------------------------

To avoid double posting.

Been thinking of getting a cheap tablet, mostly for holiday purposes to avoid the need of a laptop and I've received an offer to get a Nexus 7 (2012) for roughly £110. Good tablet and good deal?

Thanks for everyone's birthday messages.

Got a book and some dosh from papa and some nice trainers from mother

I feel like a greedy fucker because my gift to myself was always going to be the PS4 but I decided to join Smokey Dave's sex cult and get a PS Vita too.

Mikeside

More Vita bros! Excellent!
Get a big memory card, Tearaway, LBP, Gravity Rush and your selection of indies. You're in for a treat son

More Vita bros! Excellent!
Get a big memory card, Tearaway, LBP, Gravity Rush and your selection of indies. You're in for a treat son

I got a bundle with Tearaway, LBP, Lego Marvel and a 16GB card for around £170

I gon dun gud?

I already have Hotline Miami since it's a crossbuy from PSN

I like the interface quite a bit...but there's some fundamentals I need to get to grips with. I've only had it a few hours so it's early days

DKCR is certainly challenging and that's not counting all the extras like collecting all the KONG letters on each stage and setting to the end.

MK7 is a pretty standard fair, GP mode, multiplayer VS mode, time trails and online. It also supports Streetpass so you can race against other people's racing data and a custom GP course they have set up which helps mix up the order a bit.

Hmm in which case I'll leave DK for now, being in the middle of the special worlds in 3D Land and not wanting to wear myself out on platformers. MK sounds like something I'll grab at a later date, as I'm worried about how much it will draw me in.

Which leaves Luigis Mansion and ALBW. I'm veering towards ALBW as it seems the a great title to be playing through these long winter evenings.

As an aside I'm really enjoying DOA:Dimensions, more so than SSFIV as it's making a decent effort to show me how to play.

LM2 is great fun, but it does have a bit of a hump in the middle. ALBW meanwhile has so far been super clever, even more fun, and just super rewarding.

Reknoc

Played the Tearaway demo, can't say I found it all that fun but maybe I didn't give it enough time, just seemed needlessly gimmicky. But my god, the game is charming as fuck, the people are Mm are like... charm magicians.

Also played the sonic racing port, since it's free. Good port but I can't deal with either control scheme; R to accelerate is too uncomfortable, but using X to accelerate means I can't pull off any stunts.

Mikeside

Played the Tearaway demo, can't say I found it all that fun but maybe I didn't give it enough time, just seemed needlessly gimmicky. But my god, the game is charming as fuck, the people are Mm are like... charm magicians.

Also played the sonic racing port, since it's free. Good port but I can't deal with either control scheme; R to accelerate is too uncomfortable, but using X to accelerate means I can't pull off any stunts.

What do you do in the demo? The game has some really inventive platforming, great use of touch and the world is just really fun to explore and interact with.
Not sure how much a demo will translate that, which is a shame

afoni

Banned
I really liked the demo that was at Eurogamer. I'm getting the game on the 25th of next month for some reason, so I won't download the demo on the store. Gotta keep myself fresh.

Reknoc

What do you do in the demo? The game has some really inventive platforming, great use of touch and the world is just really fun to explore and interact with.
Not sure how much a demo will translate that, which is a shame

Seems to straight up be the beginning of the game which probably does it no favours. If it does get more interesting I'll pick it up I January when there's a bit of a lull.

SteveWD40

Tearaway wasn't for me. I am considering one of those CTA grips, or a silicone cover... Feels like I am going to drop the thing half the time.

Going to splurge on some games today :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So any tips on a reasonably price tablet. Is £110 for a Nexus 7 (2012) good or should I look for something else?

Yeah the 2012 model is slowing down on me, would go new if you can. Bloody chipset. How's the Hudl? Might not get updates but similar price with decent reviews I've heard.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I loved my n7 bit I'd say the new model is worth the extra wonga

Yeah the 2012 model is slowing down on me, would go new if you can. Bloody chipset. How's the Hudl? Might not get updates but similar price with decent reviews I've heard.

Even if I only intend to use it for browsing the web on holiday. I did notice if doesn't have an SD card slot which is a bit lame.

Hadn't heard of the Hudl. May investigate that and I see one can even get it in purple and it does support SD.

SmokyDave

So much Vita in here lately. I love each and every one of you dearly.

I need to try and get me one of those PS4 accessory thingies for my Vita tonight / tomorrow. Any tips?

I'm thinking hitting the John Lewis website at midnight might be my best bet.

SteveWD40

So much Vita in here lately. I love each and every one of you dearly.

I need to try and get me one of those PS4 accessory thingies for my Vita tonight / tomorrow. Any tips?

I'm thinking hitting the John Lewis website at midnight might be my best bet.

Yup, the people buying a PS4 day one do not shop at JL.

That or some remote Tesco hypermarket in the middle of nowhere.

SmokyDave

Yup, the people buying a PS4 day one do not shop at JL.

That or some remote Tesco hypermarket in the middle of nowhere.

I'm banking on that, but with hype being what it is, I'm worried that people will be scouring any possible outlet.

There's only one Tesco near me that's opening for the midnight launch (I can't go tomorrow morning, I'll be at work) and I have a feeling that they'll already have more customers than they have stock.

I'm going to be F5'ing the JL website from the moment I get home until the PS4 is available. If I miss this initial batch I'm going to be a miserable Dave indeed.

Toys R Us too...surprisingly.
Hmmm, I might give 'em a bell. There's one not too far from me.

Eurogamer have the list of ASDA that have stock, and linked to the Tesco site to show which are open at midnight with them too if this helps anyone else.

Today's off to a bumpy start

Last night before I went to bed I was reading the book my Dad got me: Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. It's more or less a sequel to the Shining.

To cut a long story short, there's some disturbing stuff in that book that had my brain ticking till some ungodly hour, stopping me from sleeping. So I got my Vita out and played the first few levels of Tearaway. I really like it! In trailers I didn't like the artstyle at all but once you're playing it and the paper stuff that makes up the world reacts to your actions it's much more appealing. I also like the quirky stuff like the made up gibberish the characters speak when you talk to them. I also like the tools you're given...in sections where you have to say, make a crown of your own design cut out of paper, that impressed me a lot.

I was so engrossed that I looked at the clock and it was 6 AM. "You've got work tomorrow!" my brain laments so I turn the Vita off, check my alarm is set and promptly sleep through it and wake up at 11:30. After an awkward phone call to my boss, arrive sweating like a rapist and discover virtually none of my work has interfaced with the database yet.

Anyway, I have my spot at the PS4 launch in town, I don't believe it's hit me yet that, to quote the Dolmio adverts, today's the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom