• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
That kind of shit will drive you mad, stop worrying if you're getting decent enough battery life. *former gs3 owner*

Batteries okay. I can get up to six hours of on-screen time with like a whole day total off-charge, so it's not issue.

Just wondering what Android System is, since it isn't the OS. Unless it's the hardware, then fine, I accept the 23% due to the powerful components inside.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Nah, I played it ages ago but only did Rin and Emi. Liked em both lots btw. I got legit emotional at certain parts of Emi's route.

Really liked Rin but her writing seemed to get really weird in the latter half. Like, I loved the deadpan and bluntness, but after a certain point it seemed to descend into schizophasic word-salad, like the writer suddenly changed or something.

God, the writing in Katawa Shoujo is just unbearable. I played it back when it came out (morbid curiosity + free game = sucker me every time) and I played through Lily's, which was decent enough; probably because the drama is based on circumstances beyond your control rather than catastrophic personality defects, like it seemed to be in the little I could bear to play of glasses chick and legless bum fun fan.

decent effort for it being free though

afoni

Banned
God, the writing in Katawa Shoujo is just unbearable. I played it back when it came out (morbid curiosity + free game = sucker me every time) and I played through Lily's, which was decent enough; probably because the drama is based on circumstances beyond your control rather than catastrophic personality defects, like it seemed to be in the little I could bear to play of glasses chick and legless bum fun fan.

decent effort for it being free though

Rin's route was a kind of harmless sap story, but it was the best written route. I can't see how Lily's route didn't sell you on the entire thing though. I mean, if you'd have played Hanako's route first, I can see why you would have had a bit of a burnt tongue when going through the others, but some of the writing is actually quite good.

NinjaBoiX

I just started watching Fringe on Netflix, it's pretty good. Kind of corny but intriguing, typical JJ Abrahms. I loved LOST, in spite of it's litany of narrative blunders towards the end, so I think I'll give this a good shot. Plus it has that loveable rogue Pacey Witter and that Lt. Daniels dude from The Wire. He all stoic and shit.

The floating 3D lettering is lame though, it's already annoying me.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
BaRjtZ_IMAAZBDV.jpg:large
Yikes. Now I feel bad.

oooh good luck!

Cheers! Meeting them on Tuesday. Well, formally. Met some of them two weeks ago, and they told me about their vacancy. Don't want to say too much yet because I'm a) a taunting bastard and b) it's all ongoing and a big thing so we'll see where it goes.

Wohoo, Rachel Riley is single!
I would make a thread if I could.
Disappointed by the lack of "two from the top" jokes.

Trying to win a Ps4 in a comp that had literally become the most popular UK Twitter hashtag?

WHY NOT.

I don't get most Twitter competitions. Like, I do from the company, but to enter you normally have to retweet. Thus drawing other people to it. Reducing your chances. Rubbish idea.

I just started watching Fringe on Netflix, it's pretty good. Kind of corny but intriguing, typical JJ Abrahms. I loved LOST, in spite of it's litany of narrative blunders towards the end, so I think I'll give this a good shot. Plus it has that loveable rogue Pacey Witter and that Lt. Daniels dude from The Wire. He all stoic and shit.

Isn't that show ending? Is that why you're catching up on it?

Don't know, always pegged it as amateur hour X Files when it came out, but then that concept in itself would be enough to get me going if it weren't for that Dawson's Creek dude.

Guys I'm seriously considering selling my PSP 3000 this weekend on Ebay. I've got about 7 physical games for it (all of which I could re-buy digitally on PSN for use with a Vita one day). Other than that I've got digital PS1 and PSP games which will move straight over.

Would I be able to save my Final Fantasy save games? Would I be losing much if I want to buy a Vita one day?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
This is one of those good news/bad news posts.

Moving into new flat today :) but heaps of stuff everywhere so it will take weeks to find useful things like my bed for instance :(

My boy has shelled out for a WiiU :) but has lost my 3DS :(

Internet will be awesome fast at new place since it is only 100 yards from phone exchange :) but won't be connected until 20th December so stuck with whatever time I can sneak in at the shop :(

Business going handsomely :) so actually nearly no time to GAF :(

Vashetti

Banned

Oh man I fucking love Fringe.

Savour 2.15 to 3.10. Greatest run of any show ever. So. Fucking. Good.

Isn't that show ending? Is that why you're catching up on it?

Don't know, always pegged it as amateur hour X Files when it came out, but then that concept in itself would be enough to get me going if it weren't for that Dawson's Creek dude.

It's finished. Five seasons :)

SmokyDave

Glad to hear things are going well Phi.

Good news for me. The postie just dropped off a PS4, FIFA, and Killzone. I'm a little bit excited, to say the least.

Mikeside

This is one of those good news/bad news posts.

Moving into new flat today :) but heaps of stuff everywhere so it will take weeks to find useful things like my bed for instance :(

My boy has shelled out for a WiiU :) but has lost my 3DS :(

Internet will be awesome fast at new place since it is only 100 yards from phone exchange :) but won't be connected until 20th December so stuck with whatever time I can sneak in at the shop :(

Business going handsomely :) so actually nearly no time to GAF :(

Ahh mate, congrats on the flat - hope you manage to sort through it quickly!
Make sure you spend a lot of time with Nintendoland when you get the chance - I really don't think it gets enough hype as one of the most fun things to do on a games console.

SmokyDave

Ahh mate, congrats on the flat - hope you manage to sort through it quickly!
Make sure you spend a lot of time with Nintendoland when you get the chance - I really don't think it gets enough hype as one of the most fun things to do on a games console.
Gotta say, Yoshi's Fruit Cart and the Donkey Kong game were both shit hot.

Until you check your account and find out you actually bought 14 of them...

#ChargebackAwaits

Hope everyone is enjoying their PS4s. I had to cancel mine (sad initially, now feeling pretty good about it) but the nephews are getting one for Christmas so I'll at least get to experience one this year.

Symphonia

Banned
Either Dave's not checking his messages or is just ignoring me so I'll do it here; Dave, I need your bank details so I can transfer you the £30 I owe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom