• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

My dad was all like, "it's gonna be cold here. 20 degrees." All I could do was laugh. XD

My favourite part of living in Sydney was their "winter", it was about 20 degrees and sunny, all the Aussies / Brits who have been there years were wombling about in jumpers and scarves and theres me, in a Tshirt and sunnys with a coffee and a fuck-off smile.

Their summer though, jesus, didn't feel so alpha then, clinging to an aircon unit whilst drizzling myself in melting ice.

GAME_ChristmasTinner_a.jpg

385711374_5jDk7-L-2.jpg

SteveWD40

Wait, so that shit is REAL? oh jesus fucking christ...

jppaEWU.gif

god those cartoon strips are awful

I am not going to post examples, but that's not a high point for Penny Arcade, they have been inconsistent of late but some of their stuff is amazing. The shorts they do (Sand, Lookouts) are really good.

Welcome to the club!

I love my Note 3. It's fast and I average at least 6 hours on-screen time over 24 hours easy. Brilliant device.

What colour did you get? I chose black. It's lovely.

I chose white with a black S View case, I had a Note 2 last year and I loved it but the size was a bit of a PITA. I'm getting on well with the Note 3 though dispite the size being the same.

One thing that has annoyed me is that Google Now no longer has a button to bring it up.

NinjaBoiX

Thursday is the new Friday guys, my 5 day weekend starts here.

Gym, olds, packing then fucked up with the boys tomorrow.

Hang out with you sexy bastards this weekend.

Catch up with ma boi and Shelly Strap-on Monday.

Not back to work until Wednesday.

zVMd4Eh.jpg

Why is it acceptable for women to play men hot and cold but when a man does it to a woman, he instantly becomes branded a prick? Fuck society.
Yeah, I never did like that Hot Coldman.
This is one of the grimmest things I've ever seen.

Hystzen

Dat Spider-Man trailer goddamn I still like ASM 1 (that spidey movement during the high school battle with Lizard) looks full blown embracing its comic book roots

Symphonia

Banned
Ninja, you're usually pretty spot-on when it comes to music, give me some recommendations. I already have Paramore and WATIC on my phone but I need some moar.

I am not going to post examples, but that's not a high point for Penny Arcade, they have been inconsistent of late but some of their stuff is amazing. The shorts they do (Sand, Lookouts) are really good.

Penny Arcade? What?!

EDIT

Fuck it I got Penny Arcade confused with Tim Buckley's Ctrl+Alt+Del

I still don't find Penny Arcade funny but Buckley's comics are on another level of bad

Mikeside

Idlewild - In Remote Part
Wolf Alice EP
Laura Stevenson - Sit Resist
Against Me! - Searching for A Former Clarity
Fight Like Apes - Mystery Medallion

I fucking hate Penny Arcade nowadays but I always found that strip funny. That was from a period of time where they could do no wrong for me. I really like the "go to jail" line.

Then they started getting boring and offensive. Although I could always understand why people already considered them so beforehand. Anyway, guilty pleasure and that. First thing that comes to mind whenever I see "GAMER FOOD, FOOD FOR GAMERS".

SuperSah

Banned
I chose white with a black S View case, I had a Note 2 last year and I loved it but the size was a bit of a PITA. I'm getting on well with the Note 3 though dispite the size being the same.

One thing that has annoyed me is that Google Now no longer has a button to bring it up.

My biggest gripe is that mobile data uses a fair bit of battery. Always swapping between 3G/H/H+, but I love it otherwise. The screen is brilliant, so I can forgive 3G battery.

NinjaBoiX

Ninja, you're usually pretty spot-on when it comes to music, give me some recommendations. I already have Paramore and WATIC on my phone but I need some moar.
Well if you like rock music with female vocals, try these:

hsxOL6b.jpg

yHcLkK4.jpg

1xNcWc6.jpg

cVQn8bd.jpg

I think YYY's and The Breeders might float your boat in particular.

NinjaBoiX

ISIS is the best YYY record

come at me
Yeah, Isis is great. I love 10x10. But I always preferred the first EP:

QOCmvL0.jpg

Art Star maybe verges into wankmode, but:

Bang!

...is so good.

"As a fuck son you sucked,
As a fuck son you sucked.
As a fuck son you sucked."

Gotta love the sass.

Cyanide, get some Karen O in your life. Band is the nuts.

When music comes up is the time I start to feel old in this thread, that or just not cool.

I am listening to this as we speak:

Well it is Christmas...

Edit: but wait, I did buy Outrun by Kavinsky the other day! Can I be cool now?

I'm with you on that, I've heard of some of the stuff mentioned, but most of it I have no idea. I'm clearly not hipster enough. I'm happy with that though.

I'll just sit over here with my Pantera and my Killswitch and mosh myself into an early grave.

Reknoc

It's kinda depressing, ain't it.

I spent the first 20 years of my life living on an estate that bordered Aspley. Sigh.

Still, I do love this city, flaws 'n' all.

I was more shocked that people were shocked about his age. Though I did live in bilborough for most of my childhood.

NinjaBoiX

When music comes up is the time I start to feel old in this thread, that or just not cool.

I am listening to this as we speak:

Well it is Christmas...

Edit: but wait, I did buy Outrun by Kavinsky the other day! Can I be cool now?
Both awesome. Love that funky bass on Christmas Wrapping, has my head nodding every time.
I'm with you on that, I've heard of some of the stuff mentioned, but most of it I have no idea. I'm clearly not hipster enough. I'm happy with that though.

I'll just sit over here with my Pantera and my Killswitch and mosh myself into an early grave.
I can dig Pantera, the drummer is insane! Metal isn't really my thing, the lads love it, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, just not that much of a fan. But I never mind so much when they put Pantera on. Tool too, I really like those guys, though you've got to be in the mood for it, it's kind of sombre.

Mikeside

Soon we'll have no need to listen to any music other than our own excellent tunes

Yeah, Isis is great. I love 10x10. But I always preferred the first EP:

QOCmvL0.jpg

Art Star maybe verges into wankmode, but:

Bang!

...is so good.

"As a fuck son you sucked,
As a fuck son you sucked.
As a fuck son you sucked."

Gotta love the sass.

Cyanide, get some Karen O in your life. Band is the nuts.

too bad Mosquito was garbage

Symphonia

Banned
I know none of you suggested it but I whacked some Phil Collins and Depeche Mode on my phone as well. Can't beat some classic Mode.

afoni

Banned
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Temporary avatar sorted out for now as well.

It's just general chat in here right?

Yep.

On another note, I've been feeling like I'm back in this weird state of limbo that I only ever really experienced last year in halls. Feeling like I don't belong anywhere and that there's no direction - almost like I'm drifting through life at the moment without any kind of place to stop. Had a long phonecall with a mate and I felt like I was back home for 40 minutes, so that was great.

Also, in other news, I finally got some coursework back from university. 67 for a single 12 hour session in the library. Ace.

Symphonia

Banned
It's just general chat in here right?
Aye, if you see a post with a topic you have an interest in, just jump right in and have your say. Your post might not get picked upon and it may take some time for your posts to be noticed but keep at it and keep active, you'll soon fit right in. I would say that's what I've done but, let's face it, I'll always be the official BritGAF outcast.

Supernatural-Dean.gif

Danj

Anyone want a Sainsburys delivery £15 off £60 voucher? They sent me one, I'd use it but it expires the day before payday :(

afoni

Banned
Aye, if you see a post with a topic you have an interest in, just jump right in and have your say. Your post might not get picked upon and it may take some time for your posts to be noticed but keep at it and keep active, you'll soon fit right in. I would say that's what I've done but, let's face it, I'll always be the official BritGAF outcast.

Supernatural-Dean.gif

i just wish you would use more entertaining gifs rather than 2 second tumblr ones

I could cosplay as certain characters, but I'd rather slim down and crossdress so that I can get lots of male attention~

Good fun that. Not for the male attention, but general fun.

Last time teaching one of my groups at the uni tomorrow - bit sad, it's second year teaching some of them so it's quite nice to see how they've come. Will have to go to their graduation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom