• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
Might start throwing CVs about soon. Need the funds to get me into next gen. The Xbone is unlikely to be my first because I like Japanese games, so I'll jump on that Ps4 boat when the time comes.

Stupid Xbone.

SmokyDave

That's exactly the way it works. I couldn't see Mike's full name until I accepted his request to see mine.

As you can see, it can put unecessary stress on a relationship
Ah, I thought that's how it would go down. Still not sure how I feel about it. I might use my own mug, but I do like a degree of anonymity.

Is there a BritGAF PSN name list somewhere? I could use more PS4 friends, I'm danj2k.
I scoured the friends of friends thing to find most BritGAFfers.

jimbor

Banned
Might start throwing CVs about soon. Need the funds to get me into next gen. The Xbone is unlikely to be my first because I like Japanese games, so I'll jump on that Ps4 boat when the time comes.

Stupid Xbone.

Try emailing, posting or handing them to somebody instead.

Rich!

Got a job interview with Xerox as a customer advisor on Tuesday!

I should get it, considering my tech background/degree and career in customer service.

Well, hopefully.

Bourgeois Patriots seems to dovetail nicely with Dapper Bandit.

Didn't think of that.

I'll embrace it.

That said, the test clearly doesn't know too much about me. It said 59% of people who take the test are more extreme than I am.

Well, once I went skiing, went over a jump and was in the air for at least three seconds. I'm extreme as fuck.

Marc

Is there a BritGAF PSN name list somewhere? I could use more PS4 friends, I'm danj2k.

Use this:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z6EjnNhiFn6I.khmfjoCMsQGI

Or search through the PSN name thread for locations:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711886&page=9

Will add you in a bit if you don't mind, mostly only playing killzone online and the odd go at resogun coop. Trying to get good enough to not embarrass myself though, can't beat the last level on experienced (damn boss!) so had to drop down to beginner. Basically let myself down and ruined my family name.

Well that's it, Misfits is finished.

Was expecting some crazy twist at the end, so was disappointed. But I can say this, by the end of the series, I genuinely liked most of the new characters I despised in series 4.

Also I thought the arc was going to be bigger than what they were building it up to be.

Need to catch up on the last episode, been a better season than I thought it would be to be fair although its very hit and miss. Basically Rudy carries the show with the few odd offerings from the side characters.

Well worth watching the first season at least to those that haven't, if you're not hooked then it wasn't meant to be.

jimbor

Banned
This Westie that shagged a rottie is my hero of the week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/25231134

_71544190_rottie_pics_ross_parry.jpg

I like that in the picture, he's sniffing the air like The Rock used to back in the day. 'CAN YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL-L-L-L-L-L-L WHAT THE WESTIE IS COOKIN'?'

This Westie that shagged a rottie is my hero of the week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/25231134

_71544190_rottie_pics_ross_parry.jpg

I like that in the picture, he's sniffing the air like The Rock used to back in the day. 'CAN YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL-L-L-L-L-L-L WHAT THE WESTIE IS COOKIN'?'

Those are some wierd looking puppies. Though not as wierd as expected.

Also, without further milking the banderas.gif thing, there is some of that going on in the pic

DukeBobby

Just finished watching The Shield. Holy shit, what an amazing show.

I can't believe they put this on Channel 5 with all the other shit.

jimbor

Banned
Just finished watching The Shield. Holy shit, what an amazing show.

I can't believe they put this on Channel 5 with all the other shit.

Great show, great fucking ending. Actually gets better with every season too. Doesn't quite make Sopranos/Wire tier but I'd happily rank it alongside Breaking Bad.

Rich!

Just in case anyone was thinking of ordering dominos this weekend, Papa John's are doing BOGOF until Sunday.

You can get two fucking massive Breaking Bad-esque XXL cheese and tomato pizzas for £13. And they are far better than dominos.

Me and the girlfriend ordered two large cheese and tomato pizzas, only cost us a tenner or so. Shared one for tonight, the other is in the fridge for tomorrow night. Bargain.

Son Of D

Well, just found out that Friday the 13th will be my last day at Blockbuster. At least I have something ready for next month.

On a better note, new year plans are finalised, got my ticket to London booked.

SteveWD40

Just in case anyone was thinking of ordering dominos this weekend, Papa John's are doing BOGOF until Sunday.

You can get two fucking massive Breaking Bad-esque XXL cheese and tomato pizzas for £13. And they are far better than dominos.

Me and the girlfriend ordered two large cheese and tomato pizzas, only cost us a tenner or so. Shared one for tonight, the other is in the fridge for tomorrow night. Bargain.

Thanks for the heads-up, might come in handy tomorrow.

Symphonia

Banned
Continuing my Harry Potter rewatch with the second best, OotP. First is clearly PoA and third is GoF. The rest are on the same level.

Vashetti

Banned
Continuing my Harry Potter rewatch with the second best, OotP. First is clearly PoA and third is GoF. The rest are on the same level.

Goblet of Fire is an abomination.

The true list:

Deathly Hallows (Both parts, one film)
Order of the Phoenix
Prisoner of Azkaban
Half-Blood Prince
Philosopher's Stone (Extended)
Chamber of Secrets (Extended)

Goblet of Fire

rDz9eqb.gif

NinjaBoiX

I've somehow managed to dodge everything Harry Potter related over the years; never read any of the books, seen any of the movies, played any of the games, worn any of the t-shirts, eaten any of the cupcakes or otherwise been subject to any other cynically conceived product of the Hogwart's merchandise machine.

It just seemed like one of those zeitgeist things, I think I missed the boat, wizards are all the rage nowadays. Maybe I'll read the books at some point, I hear they're actually really good.

Plus, being aimed at a pre-teen demographic, they're unlikely to trouble my questionable reading comprehension. It's kind of embarrassing how little I read, I've never got anything to add when books come up!

:/

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Goblet of Fire was my favorite of the books though. So much action and intrigue going on. Probably the adolescent peak of the books before things go all "grim-dark" and Harry turns into a whiny twat in Order of the Phoenix.

Symphonia

Banned
Goblet of Fire is an abomination.
That's a bit harsh. It wasn't perfect by any means (it missed a fair bit out from the book, some key scenes if I remember correctly) but it certainly isn't terrible. In fact, if it wasn't for OotP and PoA being amazing, I'd have rated GoF higher. As far as books go, though, GoF is the best, followed by HBP and DH.

Rich!

Well, just found out that Friday the 13th will be my last day at Blockbuster. At least I have something ready for next month.

On a better note, new year plans are finalised, got my ticket to London booked.

As an ex store manager of Blockbuster for many years, all I can say is good luck

Not surprising though. I was told by Fran O Donnel (region 2 regional manager) when I gave my Q4 2011 presentation that if the company didn't make 4mil profit within two years, the company would collapse.

I left a month after that.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
GOF movie turned the best book in the series into the worst adaptation.

#truthfact

While it is not a good movie, 1 and 2 are utter shite movies. Simply awful and disjointed with the rest of the series. The latter at least makes it an accurate adaptation, I suppose.

The best book is the last one, because things actually happen for the first time in years

also they steal a dragon from a bank

Movie 1 is incredible just for how quotable it is

Vashetti

Banned
The best book is the last one, because things actually happen for the first time in years

also they steal a dragon from a bank

Movie 1 is incredible just for how quotable it is

Philosopher's Stone is charming as fuck. It's the perfect winter/Christmas movie.

No matter how dodgy the acting is from the kids, I will happily enjoy that movie for the rest of my life. It's pure joy. Magical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom