• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

I left negative feedback on eBay to a seller, and now hes contacted me and I feel real bad. What do I doooo

On a different topic, I'm picking up a Sony CRT TV tomorrow which I found for a fiver on gumtree. It's my own retro gaming holy grail.

It's also 29", weighs 60kg and is in a third story flat. I may not make it back alive. Wish me luck.

Mikeside

Aye, if you see a post with a topic you have an interest in, just jump right in and have your say. Your post might not get picked upon and it may take some time for your posts to be noticed but keep at it and keep active, you'll soon fit right in. I would say that's what I've done but, let's face it, I'll always be the official BritGAF outcast.

Supernatural-Dean.gif

Public opinion is driven by self worth.
Be the person you strive to be and people will treat you as such

I left negative feedback on eBay to a seller, and now hes contacted me and I feel real bad. What do I doooo

On a different topic, I'm picking up a Sony CRT TV tomorrow which I found for a fiver on gumtree. It's my own retro gaming holy grail.

It's also 29", weighs 60kg and is in a third story flat. I may not make it back alive. Wish me luck.

Good luck dude!!

Rich!

Well, what happened for you to give bad feedback and what did he say?

Ordered an RGB scart cable for my PS1 which was more expensive than the others to ensure the best quality. Was listed as true RGB wired scart. When I got it, I found out it wasn't RGB at all, it was a shitty composite wireup.

Couldn't get an instant refund due to me paying for it as a PayPal guest, and he didn't reply to my messages.

And his message to me just now was to email eBay and get it changed or some bullshitlike that.

NinjaBoiX

Just because I've been on a YYY binge tonight, and I forgot just how awesome this tune is:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sealings

You guys who are fans might have missed this as it was recorded for the Driver: Parallel Lines OST, of all things.

And that game was shit, so there is a good chance you missed it. Maybe my favourite track of theirs, it's a shame it got so little exposure.

Edit: Bobby, stick around you grumpy bastard! ;)

This place is alright man.

jimbor

Banned
I'm with you on that, I've heard of some of the stuff mentioned, but most of it I have no idea. I'm clearly not hipster enough. I'm happy with that though.

I'll just sit over here with my Pantera and my Killswitch and mosh myself into an early grave.

'X is too hipster, I'll listen to y instead' sound very hipsterish to me. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I would've suggested this, my favourite YYY record:

8yVknz3.jpg

But Show Your Bones is a bit more polished and hook-laden.

That said:

Date With The Night

Godly. Heard it in a club, asked the DJ who it was, became a superfan.

They aren't too hot live though, unfortunately. :/

Loved the first album despite Karen O seemingly wanting to be Souxsie Soux.

SKINNER!

Banned
It was expected but didn't think it would be this soon after they said he was picking himself up around July. Will be watching Invictus tonight.

NinjaBoiX

Nelson Mandella just died =(
Yeah, I just heard about this, sad loss.
Loved the first album despite Karen O seemingly wanting to be Souxsie Soux.
Yeah, she goes a bit far sometimes. "Tick" in particular; by the last chorus, she sounds like she's playing "coochie-coo" with a baby, it's faintly ridiculous. But then within the same track her little vocal skits work great, adding an extra layer of rhythm and melody. The bit just before, "you make me wanna" is amazing. She's got talent and charisma in spades, I just wish she'd reel it in a bit.

As I say, they're kind of wank live, mainly because she's more interested in showing off to the crowd and generally being an egocentric oddball.

Cyanide, one more band I forgot to mention earlier that fit in with what you were asking for:

Check out said:

Skip said:

I haven't heard "Blood Pressures" yet.

Some choice tracks:

Fried My Little Brains

U.R.A. Fever

Cat Claw

Last Day of Magic

Volotaire

Well that's it, Misfits is finished.

Was expecting some crazy twist at the end, so was disappointed. But I can say this, by the end of the series, I genuinely liked most of the new characters I despised in series 4.

Also I thought the arc was going to be bigger than what they were building it up to be.

Symphonia

Banned
Cyanide, one more band I forgot to mention earlier that fit in with what you were asking for.
I'll give them a blast in a minute. If they're anything like your previous suggestions, I daresay they'll be on my phone come morning.

Is Misfits worth watching? Haven't seen a single episode.

Well that's it, Misfits is finished.

Was expecting some crazy twist at the end, so was disappointed. But I can say this, by the end of the series, I genuinely liked most of the new characters I despised in series 4.

Also I thought the arc was going to be bigger than what they were building it up to be.

Worth watching the last few series then? I think I stopped after series...... ummmm..... damn, I have no idea. The one after all the good characters left.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Everything I know of Misfits has come in gif form. Based on those alone it must be a brilliant show.

Symphonia

Banned
I can understand 4oD needing to have some adverts to allow it to show their entire catalog of shows but, really, do we need nearly three minutes worth of them every fifteen minutes?

Son Of D

Steamed hams? Actually it might not be good for me to start quoting Simpsons, I won't stop for a while otherwise.

On another note, saw this in the funny pictures thread and thought you all would enjoy it.

XmEybF7.jpg

SmokyDave

I don't know what to do about real name requests on the PS4. In theory they're all good, but something about them makes me uneasy. Do they work on a reciprocal basis? If I accept one, am I shown the senders real name?

Do what you gotta do, man. Do what you gotta do.

I don't know what to do about real name requests on the PS4. In theory they're all good, but something about them makes me uneasy. Do they work on a reciprocal basis? If I accept one, am I shown the senders real name?

Do what you gotta do, man. Do what you gotta do.

That's exactly the way it works. I couldn't see Mike's full name until I accepted his request to see mine.

As you can see, it can put unecessary stress on a relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom