• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling so much love in here guys. Love you all. And Mike, I could never get sick of you.

Called in sick today so me and Andy could chill out together, do a bit of tidying and start on decorations for my party.

We recently got a Lincoln Monopoly too. Gone down really well because if there's one thing people like, it's feeling that their place is actually important (and not several years behind Ipswich getting one). Must have been a big push for local ones recently.

Symphonia

Banned
Feeling so much love in here guys. Love you all.
I don't know if I told you on the night but thanks again to you (and to everyone, actually) for being so welcoming. I actually felt like I kind of belonged there, rather than feeling pushed aside, like I had a slight worry I would. But, no, from the moment I walked in to Big Red and Tash asked if I 'fancied some', I knew I wouldn't regret coming down. Can't wait for next time.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Check your PMs.

Nah I don't know you pal, you go to DCC?

I'm back home in January so we can go for a drink or something ^_^

I don't know if I told you on the night but thanks again to you (and to everyone, actually) for being so welcoming. I actually felt like I kind of belonged there, rather than feeling pushed aside, like I had a slight worry I would. But, no, from the moment I walked in to Big Red and Tash asked if I 'fancied some', I knew I wouldn't regret coming down. Can't wait for next time.

hahahaha that was brilliant, I remember your expression when you thought it was me, then when it changed when you were no longer sure

then when I gave you sexy eyes you looked pretty afraid

quality

Symphonia

Banned
What scared me most is how willing I was to follow you outside 'for a fag' when I was still entirely unsure if you were from BritGAF or not.

afoni

Banned
What scared me most is how willing I was to follow you outside 'for a fag' when I was still entirely unsure if you were from BritGAF or not.

Mike and I were just wondering where the fuck Tash had gone to whilst we had a man-date and tried to guess who you were based on everyone else there at the time.

Symphonia

Banned
Mike and I were just wondering where the fuck Tash had gone to whilst we had a man-date and tried to guess who you were based on everyone else there at the time.
Did me messaging you on WhatsApp going 'I'm at Big Red. Is anyone else here?' not give it away enough? Damn, gotta be more clear next time.

afoni

Banned
Did me messaging you on WhatsApp going 'I'm at Big Red. Is anyone else here?' not give it away enough? Damn, gotta be more clear next time.

We wouldn't have been looking if you hadn't sent the message. I think we expected that you'd have your Christmas hat on by then.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Feeling so much love in here guys. Love you all. And Mike, I could never get sick of you.

Called in sick today so me and Andy could chill out together, do a bit of tidying and start on decorations for my party.

Thank you very much for organizing the whole event and being mother goose to everyone there. Even so far as to fixing broken decorations at Last Resort!

<3 you all, especially Hot Coldman and BGBW. Sorry I kept accusing you of looking like a young Dave Mitchell by the way Coldman! Nobody deserves that kind of slander. D:

Symphonia

Banned
Thank you very much for organizing the whole event and being mother goose to everyone there. Even so far as to fixing broken decorations at Last Resort!

<3 you all, especially Hot Coldman and BGBW. Sorry I kept accusing you of looking like a young Dave Mitchell by the way Coldman! Nobody deserves that kind of slander. D:
I'd rather be told I look like Mitchell than being told I look like Karl Pilkington and look about ten years older than I actually am D:

theaface

Fuck fuck FUCK.

So a woman in a Land Rover drove into my car the other night. We were side by side in two separate lanes and she just pulled into me. Apologises profusely, admits responsibility, exchange details, yadda yadda.

Now, lo and behold, she's changed her story and claiming we were both changing into each other's lanes at the same time which, of course, is utter bullshit. So now there's going to be a drawn out 3rd party liability resolution process, whereby I'll probably end up down my £300 excess, lose 3 years no claims and end up with a hugely expensive renewal next year.

FUCK.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Fuck fuck FUCK.

So a woman in a Land Rover drove into my car the other night. We were side by side in two separate lanes and she just pulled into me. Apologises profusely, admits responsibility, exchange details, yadda yadda.

Now, lo and behold, she's changed her story and claiming we were both changing into each other's lanes at the same time which, of course, is utter bullshit. So now there's going to be a drawn out 3rd party liability resolution process, whereby I'll probably end up down my £300 excess, lose 3 years no claims and end up with a hugely expensive renewal next year.

FUCK.

Fight it man, honesty will
almost
always prevail

Watched a VITA 1000/2000 comparison before. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and grab some OLED goodness. Really wish the 1000 had micro USB charging and better battery life though.

Fuck fuck FUCK.

FUCK.

No witnesses? CCTV?

theaface

No witnesses? CCTV?

There were other people around, but no one who stopped. I don't think there's CCTV - does anyone know if there's an online means to check?

I just can't get over the scumminess of it. Screwing someone over, right before christmas, when you fully know the fault is yours. It's not even like she's saying it's my fault, just that she wants to share the blame, just because. Utter horse shit. :mad:

Jordan

There were other people around, but no one who stopped. I don't think there's CCTV - does anyone know if there's an online means to check?

I just can't get over the scumminess of it. Screwing someone over, right before christmas, when you fully know the fault is yours. It's not even like she's saying it's my fault, just that she wants to share the blame, just because. Utter horse shit. :mad:

If it makes you feel better. I got accused of reversing into someone, they went to the police and insurance. I stopped, spoke to the guy - told him I didn't think I had hit him and he told me to just go away... No details exchanged... A week later, phone call from insurance company - "We've had a report you've hit somebody's car and driven off" and a letter from the police "You were involved in an accident and failed to stop."

I argue it, have to drive 20 odd miles to get photographs of no damage on my car taken... The guy went through all that hassle, and hasn't actually put in the claim, just reported me for supposedly reversing into him...

Insurance companies are cunts, and the police have nothing better to do with their time.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

There is a special circle of hell reserved for cunts like this. That being said, they were probably advised by legal counsel via friend or family that since technically it's a 'he said/she said' situation, they could get away with lying about it so they wouldn't have to take the full blame.

Still a scumbag thing to do and I hope you can fight it but I really don't know how.

Someone page phisheep.

SKINNER!

Banned
I feel like I'm slightly in love with Anna Kendrick...

ibsFlFjJ3RoVyh.gif

Got a sweet deal for a Honda CRZ GT yesterday so I pounced. Gonna be picking it up on Friday and I honestly can't wait until then. Like every other car I frequently drove, Gonna miss the MX-5 though :/ dat emotional attachment. Summer driving just isn't going to be the same. But fuck it, new car, new chapter, new year. We gotta adapt!

ibsFlFjJ3RoVyh.gif

Got a sweet deal for a Honda CRZ GT yesterday so I pounced. Gonna be picking it up on Friday and I honestly can't wait until then. Like every other car I frequently drove, Gonna miss the MX-5 though :/ dat emotional attachment. Summer driving just isn't going to be the same. But fuck it, new car, new chapter, new year. We gotta adapt!

You bought a hybrid? I don't think we can be friends any more

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;93049492 said:
Is it all that olde-timey shit? I love it.
Yup, wooden chalets adorned with holly and spruce bows, all the trees dressed with lights, gorgeous smells and cool brass bands playing, so awesome!

We just walked past a band dressed as mice, I thought one of them might've been you. ;)

Symphonia

Banned
CHEEZMO™;93049492 said:
Hanging out with strangers at bars is how you make new friends yo
That's literally what happened. I was at the bar, sipping on my Jack and coke, and along comes Tash, busting out his moves like it's nobodies business.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Yup, wooden chalets adorned with holly and spruce bows, all the trees dressed with lights, gorgeous smells and cool brass bands playing, so awesome!

We just walked past a band dressed as mice, I thought one of them might've been you. ;)

lol

I wouldn't mind checking them out. Last time I saw them properly was back in '10 I think, but even then I didn't have a real look around.

jimbor

Banned
wait, Dapper got punched at the meetup? D: Buddy! why did nobody have his back?

It was news to me too. To be fair, I remember thinking I was being far too sensible at 1am as I was still relatively sober and proceeded to get wasted so a few things passed me by.

NinjaBoiX

It was news to me too. To be fair, I remember thinking I was being far too sensible at 1am as I was still relatively sober and proceeded to get wasted so a few things passed me by.
We were talking cock at the time dude. Conkers deep in conversation brah.

SKINNER!

Banned

and it sounded like a simple problem that could've been resolved. He was hitting on a girl that had a boyfriend. Ok, sure dapper did tell the guy to fuck off but someone could've acted as a mediator and try to resolve it. "Haha, He's just messin'. Come on Dap"

To be fair, I wasn't there so perhaps there was more to it but still feels bad to hear a fellow britgaffer got hurt.

and it sounded like a simple problem that could've been resolved. He was hitting on a girl that had a boyfriend. Ok, sure dapper did tell the guy to fuck off but someone could've acted as a mediator and try to resolve it. "Haha, He's just messin'. Come on Dap"

To be fair, I wasn't there so perhaps there was more to it but still feels bad to hear a fellow britgaffer got hurt.

yeah I probably should have stuck around, sorry dapper

Wiseblade

Now that the alcoholic haze has lifted, I disagree about Waters of Nazareth being the best song on Cross. Because it's obviously Phantom part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom