• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Prick

TFL are the worst for customer service. Have some free bus vouchers for you being late to work and getting sacked.
That's why a link I can just spam every so often to their Twitter account will be enough for me. It will just be a nice way to get it out of my system.

Symphonia

Banned
One of the students at the school I used to work at committed suicide and was found in the woods... What sort of shit must a year 11 student be going through to want to end his own life :/
Thing is, you see someone you don't know and you can only judge them from the outside in. You can't even begin to understand or know what their personal life is like from their appearance alone. For all you know, and this is mere speculation, he could be the victim of bullying, domestic abuse, his family could be going through shit, maybe they feel isolated from the world. Unfortunately it's now too late to try and help him but, speaking from experience, you have to pay attention to the small details and, if possible, offer help. Either way, it's a tragic loss.

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;93128032 said:
Surprised the ghost of kent paul isnt stood behind you about to give you a shoeing.
tumblr_lkhgskMjDL1qbsb9zo1_250.gif

(I miss him dearly.)

Had an awesome day yesterday, taking in the Christmas markets, Crimbo shopping and hanging out with ma broski and his pals. So damn rough today though, gonna catch some zzz's on the train.

Pics:

PtFXv2r.jpg

unVs0Xb.jpg

scKh7TS.jpg

afoni

Banned
Some salty dildo nearly ran me over at a zebra crossing and had the arse to thank me as I stepped back to avoid getting killed by him. Slow the fuck down when someone is crossing. Dude probably only thanked me to avoid his 5th hit and run this month. Looked like he was having a natter down his phone too.

Funking prink.

Man this day is fucking awkward.

I took yesterday off and made some bullshit excuse. Now I'm back and everyone I work with has noticed the bruise and scuffs on the bridge of my nose but has said nothing. I'm going about my business like usual but everyone is avoiding eye contact and direct conversation. I had the opportunity in the morning to address it but I thought "if they want to know they can ask". Clearly that was the wrong attitude because, judging by the sheepish uncomfortable looks on their faces, they've probably assumed the worst, like I have an abusive relative, or loansharks came to visit or some shit. I know I should just set the record straight but I don't feel like making a scene and I'd rather not have to quietly tell the same story to seven co workers individually. It's frustrating.

All this because some hot crumpet couldn't resist my charms. I'm telling you guys, having maxed out Charisma points has its downsides.

Symphonia

Banned
Man this day is fucking awkward.

I took yesterday off and made some bullshit excuse. Now I'm back and everyone I work with has noticed the bruise and scuffs on the bridge of my nose but has said nothing. I'm going about my business like usual but everyone is avoiding eye contact and direct conversation. I had the opportunity in the morning to address it but I thought "if they want to know they can ask". Clearly that was the wrong attitude because, judging by the sheepish uncomfortable looks on their faces, they've probably assumed the worst, like I have an abusive relative, or loansharks came to visit or some shit. I know I should just set the record straight but I don't feel like making a scene and I'd rather not have to quietly tell the same story to seven co workers individually. It's frustrating.

All this because some hot crumpet couldn't resist my charms. I'm telling you guys, having maxed out Charisma points has its downsides.
I'm still legitimately upset I missed that.

lol Shorty

I need to start sending hyku poems around in emails and make vague threats that I'm going to shoot everyone if they read stuff I left at the printer

Oh my god.

O2 really are a shower of cunts.

I'm trying to cancel my simplicity plan and the insurance, it's taking forever and they keep offering me new 'deals'.

They really have gotten shit.

Symphonia

Banned
Couldn't agree more. O2 are trying to charge me £125 for the time I didn't have my phone for phonecalls and messages sent during that period, even though they KNOW I didn't have the phone yet, apparently, I'm still accountable for it. I'm refusing to pay it out of principle.

Son Of D

We talking phones at the moment? I'm liking the Xperia Z1 I have. And I should be getting that camera lens add-on soon as a bonus for my contract. Not that I can see myself using it often.

Son Of D

I'm loving my z1 but I find the battery life a bit disappointing :/

Mine's been erratic. At first it needed a charge every night, then it started to need charges mid day. Thankfully it's got a bit better now, only needing to be charged every 36 - 48 hours. Still, an upgraded battery would have been nicer.

Rich!

Had my job interview. Turns out I'll be working for Google customer support.

Only thing I'm worrying about is if I get it, I need to supply two references one of which is previous work. I can't use my last employer as I was fired, and Blockbuster probably won't exist by the time I start.

Uh oh. Goddamnit.

jimbor

Banned

Only thing I'm worrying about is if I get it, I need to supply two references one of which is previous work. I can't use my last employer as I was fired, and Blockbuster probably won't exist by the time I start.

Uh oh. Goddamnit.
Do they know you were fired at the new job?

Uh oh. Goddamnit.

If you want you can use me as a reference, I've done it for friends before. Pm if you're interested.

Rich!

If you want you can use me as a reference, I've done it for friends before. Pm if you're interested.

Hmmmmm sounds interesting. Not sure how you'd manage it? Let me know via pm if you want.

I just got a phone call anyhow, I've got the job. Wahay! In regards to references, I will contact blockbuster tomorrow and see if they can send a reference out. If there is anyone left at their head office, that is.

Just had a haircut, my face can breathe the free air again. Feels as good as ripping off a scab or getting sleep out from the corner of my eye in the morning!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Ugh... Pulling an all-nighter is never fun. And just when I thought I'd be able to wean myself off of the Red Bull and finish my niece's Christmas present today too. Hopefully it won't be happening too much before Christmas.

8bit

Knows the Score
awww yeaah. I start my new job on Monday. Seems like a great place to work.

and no shoplifters!

Good luck! Are you going to be working directly for Google or fielding calls for a subcontractor?

--

As to references, wasn't there anyone at your last place you got on well with? It doesn't have to be a company representative.

Ugh... Pulling an all-nighter is never fun. And just when I thought I'd be able to wean myself off of the Red Bull and finish my niece's Christmas present today too. Hopefully it won't be happening too much before Christmas.

Now I'm curious, what's your niece's present?

awww yeaah. I start my new job on Monday. Seems like a great place to work.

and no shoplifters!

Congrats dude, really happy for you

Out of curiosity, what do you write for the reference? I've been asked to do one for someone and I don't know where to start.

Never write a bad reference. If the person was an awful employee and you honestly can't say anything nice, don't give a reference at all.

Just general stuff usually, that they were a good hard working employee, always punctual and worked well with others, blah blah blah.

Rich!

Good luck! Are you going to be working directly for Google or fielding calls for a subcontractor?

--

As to references, wasn't there anyone at your last place you got on well with? It doesn't have to be a company representative.

Fielding for a subcontractor. Even so, it's a good salary, nice location and I get loads of holiday and a gym membership.

And regarding the reference...I'm going to get them to send a reference to my old store and get my old duty manager to write me one. We get on really well still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom