• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, that's pretty much Castlefield, if we weren't looking for a house we would probably move that end (near Piccadilly right now).

When you planning to move?
Oh yeah, my bro said it was Deansgate, she said it was Castlefield. It's a lush area anyway, some really nice bars a kick in the arse from her flat.

My bro recommended Chorlton as a place to move, or possibly Old Trafford, or this other place starting with "W", I can't remember!

I'd move tomorrow mate, I really would, but I can't drop the lads in it, our current lease doesn't expire until the end of May. So hopefully in June, I'll be a filthy Mancunian.

I'm proper mad for it geeza innit. Safe.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I always get freaked out by hearing people have sex nearby. The first time I heard it was my sister in the room next to mine, years and years ago. Fortunately the apartments I'm in right now are pretty noiseproof, but occasionally you get the odd noisy night of people moving furniture about and agreeing with each other a lot if you know what I mean.

jimbor

Banned
I think I'm going to violently hump my bed the next time they decide to have sex at 3am. Screaming their names too.

rhJJbcg.gif

Symphonia

Banned
I always get freaked out by hearing people have sex nearby. The first time I heard it was my sister in the room next to mine, years and years ago. Fortunately the apartments I'm in right now are pretty noiseproof, but occasionally you get the odd noisy night of people moving furniture about and agreeing with each other a lot if you know what I mean.
One of my previous jobs was Premier Inn as a night porter. Doing security walks was one of my responsibilities and the amount of times you'd hear people having sex was stupid. It was made worse when guests would complain and you'd have to knock and tell them to stop being 'disruptive' or we'll have to ask them to leave.

Jack Tretton doing that car salesman smile...

I thought the conference was pretty bad but then that happened and just demolished Microsoft's asshole

SteveWD40

Oh yeah, my bro said it was Deansgate, she said it was Castlefield. It's a lush area anyway, some really nice bars a kick in the arse from her flat.

My bro recommended Chorlton as a place to move, or possibly Old Trafford, or this other place starting with "W", I can't remember!

I'd move tomorrow mate, I really would, but I can't drop the lads in it, our current lease doesn't expire until the end of May. So hopefully in June, I'll be a filthy Mancunian.

Withington at a guess (or Whally Range). it's pretty nice, we know people there. You have a few good areas inside the M60 (Didsbury, Chorlton, Withington, the former being pricey as fuck). The only places to really avoid are Gorton, Wythenshaw and of course Moss Side. Some of Salford is ok.

Just outside the ring road you have Sale, which is where we want to move, that's pretty nice and on the tram, so convenient.

NinjaBoiX

I saw that on FB Musha when your pal asked you to post it on here. Cute kid, cute story! Good for him man.

I'm a little bit addicted to Snapchat.
I feel bad, I check it every week or so to find like 20 odd msgs, but I've yet to snap a single chat!

:/

I'll endeavour to gurn for the camera more over the festive period guys, make up for lost time.
Withington at a guess (or Whally Range). it's pretty nice, we know people there. You have a few good areas inside the M60 (Didsbury, Chorlton, Withington, the former being pricey as fuck). The only places to really avoid are Gorton, Wythenshaw and of course Moss Side. Some of Salford is ok.

Just outside the ring road you have Sale, which is where we want to move, that's pretty nice and on the tram, so convenient.
Yeah, Withington, that was it. He showed me Whally Range too which seemed to be pretty much Chorlton as far as I could tell! He reckons Whally feels a bit secluded "the trees are too tall!" I'm def going to avoid Didsbury, he described it as the Knightsbridge of Manchester, that's all I needed to hear:

63nES5K.jpg

Can't wait man!

SteveWD40

Most of the North West based actors live in Didsbury. The cool kids live in Chorlton now, the really cool kids live in Withington cos cool people can't afford Chorlton.

You could live in the centre, it's the same price.

NinjaBoiX

Most of the North West based actors live in Didsbury. The cool kids live in Chorlton now, the really cool kids live in Withington cos cool people can't afford Chorlton.
I'm really thinking Chorlton or Withington at the minute. But screw the hipsters mane, fuckin' posers! In the words of one Ms Williams:

"See I ain't one to climb some social ladder to,
Some Shangri-La that all the cool kids will abuse,"

Maybe I'll just live in Moss Side with the smackheads and rapists. With the money I save on rent I can develop a debilitating heroin addiction to soothe my woes. Or just acquire a huge bag of Ketamine and get lost in the k-hole.

Hey guys I posted this in gaming side but not sure if you lot saw it, have a look at this video, a couple of minutes to warm the heart a little.

http://youtu.be/Bd2BsLecH9o

Awesome video. It's too easy to forget how easy the majority of us have it, and how much we take for granted!

I saw that on FB Musha when your pal asked you to post it on here. Cute kid, cute story! Good for him man.

I feel bad, I check it every week or so to find like 20 odd msgs, but I've yet to snap a single chat!

:/

I'll endeavour to gurn for the camera more over the festive period guys, make up for lost time.

Yeah, Withington, that was it. He showed me Whally Range too which seemed to be pretty much Chorlton as far as I could tell! He reckons Whally feels a bit secluded "the trees are too tall!" I'm def going to avoid Didsbury, he described it as the Knightsbridge of Manchester, that's all I needed to hear:

63nES5K.jpg

Can't wait man!

Wait, are you moving down south to Manchester?

NinjaBoiX

Wait, are you moving down south to Manchester?
Yesh, next summer most likely. Are you Manchester too? So that'll be me, you, Steve, CHEEZMO, anyone else?

Shit, LondonGAF got some competition.
I'm purple.
"You're not Mr Poiple, some guy on some other job is Mr Poiple, you're Mr Pink!"
XzRkaaE.jpg

I can recognise when a dude is good looking, but I've never had the urge to put a penis in my mouth or put mine up some other dude. I guess appreciation has never turned into attraction. I'm entirely sure that I'm 100% hetro, but I think it's slightly unhealthy to pretend that you don't notice these things.

One of my housemates is a proper homophobe, thinks it should be outlawed and stuff. Methinks one doth protest too much.

NEWS!

So I vaguely mentioned a job interview and stuff and never mentioned it after the day. I can properly explain now!

I did some work for UK Radioplayer, which is well, owned by pretty much the entire UK radio industry. Which is cool. At a little thank you event, met some people from other companies who are involved and one of them said I should come and work for them. In a 'actually a bit serious but in a friendly conversation way'. They had a vacancy, worked on my application, sent in the application (a week ago Friday)... about 5 minutes later they invited me for an interview. So last Tuesday, interview, said I'd hear by the end of the week.

First thing the next day, got offered the job!

So I'm off to Sheffield in the new year to make websites for radio stations and stuff. Fun times!

NinjaBoiX

Congrats Jonathan! Glad you got it mate.
I never like attributing that behaviour to massive denial. It's far more likely he is just a massive dick. :p
Yeah, he kind of is. He's the food stealer. And the gay basher. And generally an inconsiderate prick.

But he's a good laugh I suppose. You gotta make the best of it innit.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
NEWS!

So I vaguely mentioned a job interview and stuff and never mentioned it after the day. I can properly explain now!

I did some work for UK Radioplayer, which is well, owned by pretty much the entire UK radio industry. Which is cool. At a little thank you event, met some people from other companies who are involved and one of them said I should come and work for them. In a 'actually a bit serious but in a friendly conversation way'. They had a vacancy, worked on my application, sent in the application (a week ago Friday)... about 5 minutes later they invited me for an interview. So last Tuesday, interview, said I'd hear by the end of the week.

First thing the next day, got offered the job!

So I'm off to Sheffield in the new year to make websites for radio stations and stuff. Fun times!
Congrats Jonathan. I had a feeling you were destined for more what with all your cool little web projects and ideas.

Danj

Anyone know much about Selfridges London? In particular I notice they have a bunch of "shops-in-shops" like hmv and whatnot, does anyone know if Selfridges gift cards work in these or not?

Hystzen

Don't pick Trafford bit shithole mate

Yaaaay congrats Jonathan, that's awesome news!

Anyone know much about Selfridges London? In particular I notice they have a bunch of "shops-in-shops" like hmv and whatnot, does anyone know if Selfridges gift cards work in these or not?

Yes gifts cards would be accepted anywhere inside Selfridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom