• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Oh lord, what the fuck happened in here!?!

Well I had a post all written out before I refreshed to see if anything else of interest had been added. Nope, just chaos.

Come on kids, behave with the sniping. It's just tedious spam.

Rich, that sucks man, I hope you get something sorted. Best of luck buddy.
Paramore are a massive guilty pleasure of mine. Not so keen on their latest album.
Yeah, big fan. I'm really not into that kind of music usually, I mean I like punk, but normally not such twee, poppy punk. But I'd personally say they're a cut above the vast swathes of similar bands musically. I mean it's still a lot of fairly generic chugging power chords and some mawkish lyrics, but there is some really tasty riffs and rather marvellous drumming in their catalogue and they are super tight as a band.

I think when Zac and Josh left they certainly embraced the pop side of things a bit more, the latest album is pretty much a flat out pop record. But the production is so nice, and melodies so infectious, and then the riffs and the drums and the Hayleys all combine make a deliciously sickening and morish pop concoction.
There's nothing guilty about listening to and enjoying Paramore.
I dunno, it's just the demographic man, they're a pop band aimed predominantly at teenage girls who like Twilight and stuff. It's like I know I'm the wrong age and possibly the wrong gender to be enjoying this as much as I do.

Kind of like how Pokemanz fans must feel.
cheers mate.

this manu delago guy is pretty good.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I really liked that tune you posted the other day. Super tasty basslines, had me nodding along.

Rich!

I have to admit, I listened to an old mixtape earlier and didn't know who was behind this track in particular and looked it up. It was paramore

bit of an odd choice to have sandwiched between Cult of Luna and Aphex Twin, but hey

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Oi sheep! Some of us work pretty hard at this stupidity thing, you know.

Must try harder sploat. See me after class.

Who are you, wise owl?

Twit too-oo (damn, just couldn't resist that. I have my silly moments as well).

was meadows the duck guy

Yeah. Well, he was the other duck guy, we had two at least but I lose count sometimes.

Want to introduce yourself and start over ajpw? The form in the OP is a good start.

ajpw

When's you Birthday: 28-8-82
Where do you live: sw london
Where are you from: brighton
Occupation/University: shelf filler
Favourite Actor/Actress: cucumberbatch
Favourite Band/Artist: gesaffelstein
Favourite TV Show: breaking bad
Favourite Crisps: prawn cocktail
Favourite Biscuit: choccy bourbon
Favourite Pokémon: wtf
Ant or Dec: no
Stalactites or Stalagmites: stalagtites fall down
Beano or Dandy: beano

there we go im actually a human

Symphonia

Banned
I dunno, it's just the demographic man, they're a pop band aimed predominantly at teenage girls who like Twilight and stuff. It's like I know I'm the wrong age and possibly the wrong gender to be enjoying this as much as I do.
I don't know, mane, I saw plenty of guys over 18 at the Paramore gig. Whether they were there for their benefit or their girlfriends is unknown but they all looked like they were enjoying it to me, and I certainly know I was. I was bound to like Paramore, though, I've always been into that kind of scene. Panic, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, MCR, Billy Talent, etc all have a place on my phone and in my heart.

CHEEZMO™;96395351 said:
Probably cuts his sandwiches diagonally.
Oi, what's wrong with diagonally-cut sandwiches!?

Oh lord, what the fuck happened in here!?!

Well I had a post all written out before I refreshed to see if anything else of interest had been added. Nope, just chaos.

Haha, I've been refreshing to see if the banhammer has been effective. I'd rather not contribute any more, I've said my bit. OOF.

Yeah, big fan. I'm really not into that kind of music usually, I mean I like punk, but normally not such twee, poppy punk. But I'd personally say they're a cut above the vast swathes of similar bands musically. I mean it's still a lot of fairly generic chugging power chords and some mawkish lyrics, but there is some really tasty riffs and rather marvellous drumming in their catalogue and they are super tight as a band.

I think when Zac and Josh left they certainly embraced the pop side of things a bit more, the latest album is pretty much a flat out pop record. But the production is so nice, and melodies so infectious, and then the riffs and the drums and the Hayleys all combine make a deliciously sickening and morish pop concoction.

Yeah. They have that certain something, that makes them intriguing and forgivable when they do delve into the more bubblegum tweenage angst lyrics. I know the band members are into a lot of straight up hardcore punk, so I pick up little elements of that (well, with their older albums). Plus they are pretty special live, they do some awesome stuff with their tracks, manipulating them into these epic constructions, rather than just going through the tick list of tracks to play.

Son Of D

I have no idea what just happened in the thread. Seriously, the fuck? Anyway, hope things sort out soon rich. I don't know you much but I know that you're a good person who really doesn't deserve the shit that's happened to you recently.

Been listening to the music recently that's been posted, some good stuff. Ones that stood out:

Maya Jane Coles - Everything - Love her voice in this song.

Going to listen to them again though, see how I feel on repeat listens.

Andy makes me cut his sandwiches diagonally.

And Meadows wasn't a duck. Chinner, Suairyu and dapperbandit are the ducks. Meadows was a building with blue sky or something. I forget, it's been a while.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
And Meadows wasn't a duck. Chinner, Suairyu and dapperbandit are the ducks. Meadows was a building with blue sky or something. I forget, it's been a while.

Dammit. Got my Suairyua and Meadowses muddled up. Didn't Meadows masquerade as a duck once?

Symphonia

Banned
Well, except for the prawn cocktail crisps obviously.
CHEEZMO™;96396488 said:
The most bourgeoise of sandwich-slicing arrangements.
What the fuck is wrong with BritGAF tonight!?

Wreck-It-Ralph-wreck-it-ralph-32756358-500-208_large.gif

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Meadows av was mirrors edge. I once told him I was probably better at the game than him and he caught some feels lol.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Holy shit, so much text and scrolling over nothing. Don't dogpile on the junior straight away folks, you sounded like a bunch of pissy pussies, it was most unbefitting. His driveby post was daft but whatevs, made me chuckle which is more than I can say for the rest of it. Mods please don't ban him for hurt fee fees.

Mikeside

I only go diagonal because of Dat central bite.
So Yum.

Angry Jr is clearly an alt. No reason to respond to him y'all.

Rich, you're a class guy & don't ever feel otherwise. Mad respect for your journey these past months & how grounded you seem having come through it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Andy makes me cut his sandwiches diagonally.

Meadows was Faith's feet from Mirror's Edge, I saw him post somewhere today. Come back meadows, all is forgiven! We actually liked you!

edit: a bit

Symphonia

Banned
That central bite is like Heaven in sandwich form. Of course, it all depends on the quality of the sandwich itself. It has to be a sandwich nothing short of amazing for it to be an enjoyable lunch, otherwise I just sit in the canteen with a face like a smacked arse.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Does anybody else squish their sandwiches?

If I'm making a tuna mayo, I like to squish it down. Makes the bread nice and doughy.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
central mancgaf go to the small chinese chippy directly across from the wing yip/post office and get a scallop muffin they're only 80p

thank me later

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Does anybody else squish their sandwiches?

If I'm making a tuna mayo, I like to squish it down. Makes the bread nice and doughy.

Even better, put in a layer of crisps before you squish it. Makes both the squishing and the eating double as good.

Symphonia

Banned
Tuna mayo sandwiches on super-thick bread, with a load of crushed crisps inbetween, preferably salt and vinegar, is the way forward. If you have not tried it before, make sure you try it when you can. Even better when it's a baguette.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah. They have that certain something,
aMfvUfW.jpg

T'was inevitable.
Plus they are pretty special live, they do some awesome stuff with their tracks, manipulating them into these epic constructions, rather than just going through the tick list of tracks to play.
Oh yeah, I went to see them with our very own Musha, Tash and Jordan last year, they were fucking awesome. I posted this before, but as you mentioned them jamming it out live, this is amazing from 3:50 onwards, even if it don't like them, this is just a cool jam:

Let The Flames Begin (live)

The very end is so good.
Been listening to the music recently that's been posted, some good stuff. Ones that stood out:
Heh, these were the ones I picked too.
Zimbabwe.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Sandwich pairings to date are:

ajpw & afoni

phisheep & CyanideStrike

Any more for any more? Find your ideal partner? At this rate we might be onto a new algorithm for OKCupid.

Symphonia

Banned
At this rate we might be onto a new algorithm for OKCupid.
I wish this was the algorithm for OKCupid. I'm not having much luck at the moment, but introduce sandwich pairing into the mix and I'm on to a winner. Maybe I should start my messages with an in-depth description of how I like my sarnies. That would grab their attention.

Mikeside

I wish this was the algorithm for OKCupid. I'm not having much luck at the moment, but introduce sandwich pairing into the mix and I'm on to a winner. Maybe I should start my messages with an in-depth description of how I like my sarnies. That would grab their attention.

People who don't eat the crusts only attract fat chicks. Who want those crusts.

Mikes Top Tip of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom