• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, how is everybody coping with the perpetual misery of being back at work?

Not well. What with being back at work, being on a diet, and no Christmas to look forward to it pretty much sucks.

On the bright side I'm going snowboarding in a few weeks, planning a surprise for the boyf for Valentine's Day, booked a long weekend break in Caernarfon the weekend before his birthday in March and planning to spend Easter offroading in Brecon, so got all that to look forward to!

I find the best way to get over holiday blues is just to plan more holidays. Doesn't have to be anything big or expensive, just a little break from the norm to do something fun.

Hey BritGAF!

Guess I'm a new recruit around here :)

When's you Birthday: September 2nd
Where do you live: Newcastle
Where are you from: Bristol
Occupation/University: Level Designer (I maek vidya gaemz)
Favourite Actor/Actress: Johnny Depp, Al Pacino, Tom Hanks, Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, Samuel L Jackson, Jennifer Lawrence (more just for her awesome attitude to Hollywood).
Favourite Band/Artist: I love all kinds of music, so I could never pick one. But right now? Kendrick Lamarr
Favourite TV Show: This is too specific! Uh, Father Ted & Alan Partridge are shows I can always watch.
Favourite Crisps: Sun Bites sweet chilli flavour. Those things are crack man.
Favourite Biscuit: Fox extra chocately cookies where one half is like a choc digestive..hngggh
Favourite Pokémon: Uhhh, Blastoise
Ant or Dec: I hate both.
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Muddaflippin' Stalactites baby!

Hey! Welcome. Stick around and think about coming to the Northern meet in March!

Getting married in September in London, then we'll jet off a couple of days later, hopefully. We've been together about 2 and a quarter years, bought our first house together in January last year. As for as stories go, I did share my proposal story here, which you're welcome to read:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689041&highlight=

Ah I remember reading this when you posted it, awesome story. Congrats dude.

theaface

Aw man that's a beautiful story, you put all other men to shame with your proposal skills! Very sweet, I wish you guys all the happiness :) Two and a bit years too, not fucking around are ya? I made my mrs wait 10 years lol. How old are you guys?

Thanks buddy. :) Nah, I guess we didn't mess about, but being a little bit older (30 this year), I had a good sense of where I was in my life at the time, and where I wanted to be. She'll be 26 in April, but has long wanted to settle down and have a family. I've told her she'll have to wait for kids for a while yet though!

We coincidentally had both moved to the same town and wanted to change accomodation so we decided fairly early on to rent together and see if we could handle living together. In my opinion, that's the ultimate test! Like most, it's not without it's ups and downs, but good enough for me to ask the question and for her to say yes, so there's that!

Not well. What with being back at work, being on a diet, and no Christmas to look forward to it pretty much sucks.

I find the best way to get over holiday blues is just to plan more holidays. Doesn't have to be anything big or expensive, just a little break from the norm to do something fun.

Aye, Vegas/wedding diet starts on Monday. Pure dread. Spot on about booking more holidays though - got a few more days left til the end of March to use up. I think I'll definitely go back to the Float Works in London Bridge (floatation/isolation tank place). Went last week and it was fantastic. So peaceful and relaxing. I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Thanks buddy. :) Nah, I guess we didn't mess about, but being a little bit older (30 this year), I had a good sense of where I was in my life at the time, and where I wanted to be. She'll be 26 in April, but has long wanted to settle down and have a family. I've told her she'll have to wait for kids for a while yet though!

We coincidentally had both moved to the same town and wanted to change accomodation so we decided fairly early on to rent together and see if we could handle living together. In my opinion, that's the ultimate test! Like most, it's not without it's ups and downs, but good enough for me to ask the question and for her to say yes, so there's that!

Yeah totally, living together is the real thing, the wedding is just icing on the cake. I moved in with my mrs after just a year when we were 18, got married a decade later. I love being married, it feels great. All those wonderful new words you get to use. tbh I wish I'd done it way earlier but I felt I was too young (30 here also now).

Welcome new man.

Thank you, other man!

I like this guy. Forza Horizon is the nuts!

Welcome to the community fella.

Thanks :D I've been on Gaf for about half a year, but it was only recently brought to my attention in the RPJ thread that a BritGAF community existed, so yay!

Yes! Forza Horizon was a great game, I'm proud to have worked on it :)
Also thanks for adding me to the list! Much appreciated.

Hey! Welcome. Stick around and think about coming to the Northern meet in March!

Hey hey! Thanks for the warm welcome! That sounds swell, I'll be sure to stick around!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You still thinking of booking a hotel and bringing the wife? I think she'd really enjoy coming along to a Gaf meet, she's a cool lady.

Maybe/probably, we'll see a little nearer the time. Spending money like nobody's recently so she may not be able to afford it. I'd like her to come if she can. Otherwise I'm cool sharing a hotel room with a stinky boy if needs be.

Daffy Duck

How's it been going fellow UKGAF'ers?

Roll for me, the weirdest thing I've heard them called was in Coventry, seems they call them a 'batch'......

theaface

Was your avvy taken at your wedding dress rehearsal?

No - is that an actual thing? We certainly won't be doing one!

It's from a photoshoot that was done a few years back with my ex, weirdly enough. I had a colleague whose wife was a photographer, and she just offered to take some pictures for us free of charge.

Symphonia

Banned

Roll for me, the weirdest thing I've heard them called was in Coventry, seems they call them a 'batch'......
We, as Brummies, are disgusted to have Coventry right next to us. Batch? A ham and cheese batch? A tiger batch? Fucking Coventrians.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Cob, motherfucker, it's all about the cobs.

U heathen.

What about a butty? Can't beat a chip butty! Otherwise, probably a roll

Roll fist bump brahs. oh yes.

Brioche, peasants.

hmmmm brioche. I want a burger with a brioche bun. Roll. cob. oh shit.

You mean apart from insinuating that you're a geordie?

I actually temporarily forgot that word, hence 'Newcastler' which I'm not actually sure is a word. I think I have mild brain damage.

Daffy Duck

Lol, the look on my face was something similar to this when she said it:

WO7GDaRl.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Welcome new human! Sunbites are great. Tip - raw noodles are tasty.

Not coping with the return to work particularly well. V hectic, although currently taking a lunch hour to play Soul Sacrifice.

Not much to say, but I'm posting anyway. Because I can.

Too much sugar. Not enough sleep. Will get coat.

SmokyDave

We have a lot of new members so it's time to break out the old classic question:

Roll, bap, bun or cob?
The only valid answer is cob.

Welcome new human! Sunbites are great. Tip - raw noodles are tasty.

Not coping with the return to work particularly well. V hectic, although currently taking a lunch hour to play Soul Sacrifice.

Not much to say, but I'm posting anyway. Because I can.

Too much sugar. Not enough sleep. Will get coat.
You're good people.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Oh god, that Last of Us thread! All the fans saying that people are outraged that it's getting all the Game of the Year awards, because of course the opposite would never happen. *cough* GAMESPOT! *cough*

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh god, that Last of Us thread! All the fans saying that people are outraged that it's getting all the Game of the Year awards, because of course the opposite would never happen. *cough* GAMESPOT! *cough*

I would like to have a good GTAV vs TLOU goty discussion, but arguing on GAF about it would do my fuckin nut in I'm sure. Fanboys are so lame, no critical faculties at all. Either all love or all hate.

NinjaBoiX

You mean apart from insinuating that you're a geordie?
I've never seen the point of the Geordie/Mackem rivalry. I have no allegiance to either football team, and I wasn't born in either city, so all I'm left with is who has the classier birds.

4u8d0dv.jpg

Clearly Geordieland innit.
If you call a bread roll a cob what do you call corn on the cob?
Sweetbuns.
Heh.
The OP is for newfags.
Wrong, my OP is a treasure trove of useful tidbits.

Son Of D

We have a lot of new members so it's time to break out the old classic question:

Roll, bap, bun or cob?

Roll. Sometimes bap.

I would like to have a good GTAV vs TLOU goty discussion, but arguing on GAF about it would do my fuckin nut in I'm sure. Fanboys are so lame, no critical faculties at all. Either all love or all hate.

I feel that I rarely post in Gaming side because of the extremities from both sides (for and against). It's just an absurd place. I would completely stop going there but there are a few smaller topics that aren't that bad.

Marc

This Duggan verdict is an absolute farce. So you can get shot for not having a gun now?

Lucky they found one with none of his DNA on it, with no witness able to see this invisible gun. Guy was probably a prick wannabe gangster but diesnt justify it.

jimbor

Banned
This Duggan verdict is an absolute farce. So you can get shot for not having a gun now?

Lucky they found one with none of his DNA on it, with no witness able to see this invisible gun. Guy was probably a prick wannabe gangster but diesnt justify it.

While the majority of the Met are complete and utter cunts, a jury of ten people who have seen all the evidence have decided it was lawful. I'm uneasy with the verdict but then I didn't see all the evidence.

Is it metal? Is it screamo? Is in pop punk? Is it Emo? Is it hip hop? Is it dubstep?

I have no idea, and I don't think they do either, but that's irrelevant. I cannot stop listening to this album, it's just awesome.

http://youtu.be/TGRD0fJh1_Y

Edit: Apparently it's post-hardcore

Marc

While the majority of the Met are complete and utter cunts, a jury of te le who have seen all the evidence have decided it was lawful. I'm uneasy with the verdict but then I didn't see all the evidencgun/sock yet assumed to be his with no

Have you ever been on a jury? Honestly the dumbest people I have ever met and one of the most depressing insights into our justice system. I would rather have a flip of a coin decide my fate.

In anycase they themselves concluded he did not have a gun on him, yet rule it as lawful? So the police are allowed to shoot you if they think you are carrying. That's not a law I want any part of. Also no DNA found on the gun/sock yet assumed as his in spite of any evidence. Could have been planted or weird coincidence, apparently the distance from the gun and body is huge but haven't seen it myself. No witness saw him throw anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom