• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

If I'm feeling lavish I'll make 2 sandwiches and only eat the middles. I call it a softwich and its amazing.
Plus my dog loves the leftovers.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Woah guys, some shit went down here

all is well now, I'm here, and I'm pretty sure I could beat up apjw so go about your business people

who likes my avatar?

This is how you make a Tuna Sandwich GAF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQtFiUXCW50

aMfvUfW.jpg

T'was inevitable.

Oh she's adorable for sure! Killer voice live too.

Oh yeah, I went to see them with our very own Musha, Tash and Jordan last year, they were fucking awesome. I posted this before, but as you mentioned them jamming it out live, this is amazing from 3:50 onwards, even if it don't like them, this is just a cool jam:

Haha, I actually tried to do a cover of the live version years ago, and then gave up, because my recording capabilities were not quite there yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia_jgywJ4jo

SteveWD40

Wraps. That is all.

Indeed, the best lunch I ever had was a Chicken Ceaser wrap (a mix, with some boiled egg and anchovies) from a Greek cafe in Sydney in 2006. Had it with a mixed berry smoothie and Banana Bread...

It was sofuckinggood and I have never had one as well made since.

theaface

Is there anything more supreme in a sandwich than brie? I think not. Shame my office canteen deems it a "premium filling" and charges a fortune for it. No matter - Monday is diet day, which means carbs are firmly off the menu anyway!

SKINNER!

Banned
Brie in a sandwich is divine. Love it during xmas time when you get cranberry and brie sandwiches. Goddamn, so good.

What are you guys favourite Subway Sandwiches? Mines an Italian BMT.

Tuna melt with olives, pickles, tomatoes and sweet onion sauce. every.single.time.

EDIT: Also, I managed to get a copy of Metal Gear Rising for Steam but my PC doesn't meet the spec requirements. I could post it in the free to a good home thread again but figured I'd let Britgaf get first dibs. Person who posts the funniest joke/story gets the code PM'd to them. Let's lighten up the mood a bit :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah brah. Footlong BMT on herb and cheese with lettuce and onion and southwest and mayo. THE SHIT. EVERY SATURDAY OMG YES

Brie in a sandwich is divine. Love it during xmas time when you get cranberry and brie sandwiches. Goddamn, so good.

Tuna melt with olives, pickles, tomatoes and sweet onion sauce. every.single.time.

EDIT: Also, I managed to get a copy of Metal Gear Rising for Steam but my PC doesn't meet the spec requirements. I could post it in the free to a good home thread again but figured I'd let Britgaf get first dibs. Person who posts the funniest joke/story gets the code PM'd to them. Let's lighten up the mood a bit :)

Their meatball subs are nothing short of amazing.

Both of you people are savages. Tuna and meatballs are amateur level Subway fillings. I bet you eat macaroni cheese from a tin as well.

Symphonia

Banned
Both of you people are savages. Tuna and meatballs are amateur level Subway fillings. I bet you eat macaroni cheese from a tin as well.
Ain't nowt wrong with tuna or meatballs. Ain't nowt wrong with macaroni cheese from a tin either although I do prefer cooking it myself, much like all pasta-based meals.

SmokyDave

I'm going to be a dad in just 2 months and I'm worried that I'm not worried. Does that mean I'm worried, or that I should be worried?

Maybe I shouldn't worry about my lack of worry.

Footlong Italian BMT with double meat and double cheese. Ideally half-and-half normal cheese and spicy cheese. No salad, no sauce.

....Oh man, I need a Subway.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ain't nowt wrong with tuna or meatballs. Ain't nowt wrong with macaroni cheese from a tin either although I do prefer cooking it myself, much like all pasta-based meals.

Wrong on both counts man. Tuna is liable to get stinky and gross, you don't know how long that mayo has been sat there. Meatballs are like the most basic imagination failure of a filling an the sauce ruins the bread. Meatball subs are what first timers get before they realise that it simply doesn't work.

And pasta from a can? CyStri pls!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be a dad in just 2 months and I'm worried that I'm not worried. Does that mean I'm worried, or that I should be worried?

The worry will come, believe me. You're two months away from impotently watching your loved one squirm in agonising pain. It's heart breaking.

...did that help?

NinjaBoiX

Footlong Philly Cheese steak on hearty Italian with peppered cheese, all the salad and southwest sauce.

Only those who feel incapable of fatherhood should feel worried about an impending bambino. You'll be fine Dave, I have every faith big man.

Symphonia

Banned
Wrong on both counts man. Tuna is liable to get stinky and gross, you don't know how long that mayo has been sat there. Meatballs are like the most basic imagination failure of a filling an the sauce ruins the bread. Meatball subs are what first timers get before they realise that it simply doesn't work.

And pasta from a can? CyStri pls!
I'm pretty sure all the ingredients and condiments are fresh, or as fresh as can be. They wouldn't be open or as popular if they used products that weren't fresh. Stop hating on tuna and meatballs, man. And like I said, I prefer to cook pasta from scratch but if I'm in a hurry, tinned pasta will do. I love me some tinned ravioli on a late shift.

Also, SeeANarDay and now CyStri? I feel so loved.

SmokyDave

The worry will come, believe me. You're two months away from impotently watching your loved one squirm in agonising pain. It's heart breaking.

...did that help?
It's odd, but that's the only thing that I'm actually worried about. Not the human being that will depend on me to stay alive, just the labour. Especially as we breed 'em big in my family and the missus currently looks like she swallowed a space-hopper. I'm really not looking forward to seeing her put through the wringer.

Footlong Philly Cheese steak on hearty Italian with peppered cheese, all the salad and southwest sauce.

Only those who feel incapable of fatherhood should feel worried about an impending bambino. You'll be fine Dave, I have every faith big man.
Ah, cheers man. I'm definitely confident in my ability to do the whole dad thing, I just feel like I ought to be more worried about my entire life changing and things never being the same again. People keep telling me I should be making the most of this time before she arrives, but I really just want to meet my daughter. If I could push a button and have her here tomorrow, I would. Via Amazon Prime, maybe.

Jed I am loving your new real pic avatar, very sexy!

I don't think you need to worry about your lack of worry.

Andy is extremely worried and I'm not even pregnant yet.

Shorty I'm listening to Skinny Puppy's album from last year. It's fucking rad.

Also, take some metal via clydefrog

Darren tried getting me in to Skinny Puppy last year (or the year before?) I think they are a very aquired taste, but I actually quite liked them. In small doses.

SKINNER!

Banned
Shorty I'm listening to Skinny Puppy's album from last year. It's fucking rad.

Also, take some metal via clydefrog

Awww yiss! Work tune-age! Danke Acrid! Still can't get my mind over how similar Skinny Puppy is to NIN. and here I thought that Trent was a unique bugger.

If I'm your mum then last night on whatsapp was even more fucked up than it first appeared

rU2jU8X.gif

Way to take it to the next dimension. I'm laughing hard here.

Symphonia

Banned

...did that help?
Yeah, fuck that shit. I hated seeing my partner go through the pain of labour. It really is a heart-wrenching moment, and one where you can't do anything other than feel useless as there's nothing you can do to help. I can't even begin to describe how immensely proud of my partner I was, and still am, for going through that.

Dave, I'm with Ninja, you'll be a great dad, no doubt about it.

Blink Me

Footlong Italian BMT with double meat and double cheese. Ideally half-and-half normal cheese and spicy cheese. No salad, no sauce.

Yeah I don't have sauce on my BMT either. I do get Lettuce though. And next time I go I'm going to ask for double meat since I didn't realise you could do that.

NinjaBoiX

I prefer to cook pasta from scratch but if I'm in a hurry, tinned pasta will do.
Only a heathen who eats tinned pasta would refer to boiling some for 10 minutes as "cooking it from scratch".
People keep telling me I should be making the most of this time before she arrives, but I really just want to meet my daughter. If I could push a button and have her here tomorrow, I would. Via Amazon Prime, maybe.
Haha, you're so ready Dave, chomping at the bit to be the daddy!

8bit

Knows the Score

Footlong BMT with all the salad, salt, pepper, vinegar & olive oil.

The dad thing you'll learn as you go on.

AcridMeat

Banned
Darren tried getting me in to Skinny Puppy last year (or the year before?) I think they are a very aquired taste, but I actually quite liked them. In small doses.
Ah yes they definitely are. However NIN is one of my favorite bands and so when I discovered them I fell in love. Glad you appreciate them. :D
Awww yiss! Work tune-age! Danke Acrid! Still can't get my mind over how similar Skinny Puppy is to NIN. and here I thought that Trent was a unique bugger.
Hahaha I had the same sort of reaction when I first started listening to them.

Here's one from their album in 03 or 04

Here's another from Weapon.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It's odd, but that's the only thing that I'm actually worried about. Not the human being that will depend on me to stay alive, just the labour. Especially as we breed 'em big in my family and the missus currently looks like she swallowed a space-hopper. I'm really not looking forward to seeing her put through the wringer.

Yeah, fuck that shit. I hated seeing my partner go through the pain of labour. It really is a heart-wrenching moment, and one where you can't do anything other than feel useless as there's nothing you can do to help. I can't even begin to describe how immensely proud of my partner I was, and still am, for going through that.

This^

You’re about to see exactly what your missus is made of… in every respect. *shudders*

Ah, cheers man. I'm definitely confident in my ability to do the whole dad thing, I just feel like I ought to be more worried about my entire life changing and things never being the same again. People keep telling me I should be making the most of this time before she arrives, but I really just want to meet my daughter. If I could push a button and have her here tomorrow, I would. Via Amazon Prime, maybe.

Yeah, you do miss it, but the pay off is worth it. You rarely get a chance to ponder it in the first few months though. If you’re particularly unlucky, you’ll be spending most of your time playing yet another round of Nappy, Food or Sleep? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom