• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
Now, where were we? Thread moves too damn fast for me to keep up. So it is congrats to (probably) Dave, afoni and one out of Tash and Cyanide - or maybe both. And maybe to sploat but we'll wait and see.
I don't need to be congratulated but feel free to do so. Random congratulations always feel good, even if I've done nothing to be congratulated for.

And Musha and whoever (Tash?) giving up smokes? Well done. Never managed that - it is a bit troublesome. I have got as far as half-and-halfing with e-cigs so far, but I rather suspect that I like that tar/cyanide/formaldehyde and whatever other horrible things are in there.
You called?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Ah phi, we do appreciate you making the effort to pop in now and again. Re the smoking, give Allen Carr's Easyway to give up Smoking a shot. Read the book, if you stop smoking great, if you don't oh well, you haven't lost anything right?

It's no effort Musha, it's a pleasure. Particularly enjoyed the sandwich diversion last night. Things are settling down this end with new flat and so on, so you may be seeing more of me.

I don't need to be congratulated but feel free to do so. Random congratulations always feel good, even if I've done nothing to be congratulated for.

Random congratulations always available here. Crappy memory is useful sometimes. Oh, did anything happen to ajpw (or whatever the name is)? Is he/she/it still around? Bad start but mebbe worth encouraging.

Symphonia

Banned
Random congratulations always available here. Crappy memory is useful sometimes. Oh, did anything happen to ajpw (or whatever the name is)? Is he/she/it still around? Bad start but mebbe worth encouraging.
I completely forgot about ajpw, to be honest, but he really didn't make a good first impression. Then again, neither did I. I came in here, acting like a right depressing cunt. Nearly a year later, though...and I'm still the fucking same.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I completely forgot about ajpw, to be honest, but he really didn't make a good first impression. Then again, neither did I. I came in here, acting like a right depressing cunt. Nearly a year later, though...and I'm still the fucking same.

But then, we got accustomed to you Cyanide. Probably the nicest right depressing cunt I have ever come across.

I've dropped a PM to ajpw to invite him back and tell him we've calmed down a bit. He's new after all. And we all gotta start somewhere.

NinjaBoiX

Nice work on giving up your respective vices guys. I hope to be able to breathe in some of that clean smug air that Tash and Musha are enjoying soon, it's about time I stopped. You're on your own with the booze though phi!

Sehr gut.

I'm completely deaf to the music you guys are discussing. Mind you, I always was - give me Django Reinhardt, Stefane Grapelli and the Hot Club of France every time. Also Noel Coward.
I always knew you were a classy guy. I love me some Django.

I heard this for the first time in years today, I forgot how much I love it:

Leftfield - Swords

The cover art is great too. God I hammered that album.

Symphonia

Banned
But then, we got accustomed to you Cyanide. Probably the nicest right depressing cunt I have ever come across.
tumblr_inline_mk5clyvMXF1qz4rgp_large.gif

You're far too kind, Sheep, far too kind. I do like to think I've become somewhat of a valued member of BritGAF, but whether there's any weight behind that claim remains to be seen. I had a great time at the meet, though, and got along with everyone so maybe it's true.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
You're on your own with the booze though phi!

Was about time. Heavy drinking is just great when young. 30 years of it does bad things and I'm better without. Was bloody hard though.

I always knew you were a classy guy. I love me some Django.

I once met a trombonist who travelled with Reinhardt/Grapelli to New York for gigs on the East Coast. Also saw Grapelli live once, in a tiny audience of about 200 in Bedford Corn Exchange, and I remember nearly every note.

What are you guys favourite Subway Sandwiches? Mines an Italian BMT.

Went to Subway today, because I was feeling exceptionally lazy. That, and they're insulating my flat and the drill is so loud and shaking everything in the place.

Hearty Italian, Club, extra spicy cheese, onions, jalapenos, lettuce, BBQ sauce. Delightful.

My wife sent me this earlier:

WKFP

(The Minecraft set is for my son.)

The DeLorean is an awesome set. Sadly, I may have to curb the Lego this year, but I'll be making an exception for the Marvel set with Taskmaster. I may also swap my PS4 savings fund into a 742 Evergreen Terrace fund.

Mum's writing a formal complaint note to him personally threatening further action if he continues anything else.

I would strongly advise against this. Yes, the lecturer was wrong, but if this gets back to you in any way most lecturers will go out of their way to fail you or somehow fuck up your prospects.

NinjaBoiX

I once met a trombonist who travelled with Reinhardt/Grapelli to New York for gigs on the East Coast. Also saw Grapelli live once, in a tiny audience of about 200 in Bedford Corn Exchange, and I remember nearly every note.
Wow, that sounds awesome. The guy on the horn is pretty much guaranteed to be a cool cat.
Hey NBX eat some mint.

If you ever want to feel happy that album practically forces good thoughts down your throat.
Woah, super saccharine sugar rush, it sounded like Four Tet on Prozac. Mint indeed!

Symphonia

Banned
OK, so a last-minute late-night/semi-drunk post, copied from the OKCupid thread.

I thought it was going really well with this one girl, we'd been messaging back and forth all day and I was quite enjoying the conversation, but it turns out she hadn't read my profile, and only judged me based on looks, which I guess is something of a compliment as she stuck around to talk to me. Her last message to me was something along the lines of she only just read my profile and she can't believe how arrogant I am, and she can't be involved with someone who's ego is bigger than they are and that there's isn't enough room in any potential relationship for her, myself and my ego. It kinda cut deep, and bothered me a lot more it should've done.

I'm not even arrogant or egotistical. Stupid bitch.

bobito

Banned
OK, so a last-minute late-night/semi-drunk post, copied from the OKCupid thread.

I thought it was going really well with this one girl, we'd been messaging back and forth all day and I was quite enjoying the conversation, but it turns out she hadn't read my profile, and only judged me based on looks, which I guess is something of a compliment as she stuck around to talk to me. Her last message to me was something along the lines of she only just read my profile and she can't believe how arrogant I am, and she can't be involved with someone who's ego is bigger than they are and that there's isn't enough room in any potential relationship for her, myself and my ego. It kinda cut deep, and bothered me a lot more it should've done.

Embrace the ego bro, it is your friend.

Symphonia

Banned
Embrace the ego bro, it is your friend.
Exactly. I mean, how can this be taken as arrogant?

I would start off with the generic 'I'm your average guy' crap but, I won't lie, I'm fucking kick ass. Anything in particular you look for in a guy? I've got it. If you hadn't guessed, I'm a pretty honest guy and I absolutely reek of confidence.

I am open to trying all kinds of things and seeing where it goes from there. I'm looking for someone who I can inspire with my cheerful attitude. If it's just sex you're after, I'm not going to decline but I'm not going to object to getting to know you on a one-to-one basis if that's how you roll. I mean, we're all here for the same thing - to meet someone. But whatever happens, happens. I'm pretty much done here. Basically, if you want to know more, drop me a line and I'll get back to you.

Silly girl doesn't know what she's on about.

Jordan

Every one of your posts includes something about you. I am this, I did this, I said this, I have this, I do this, I was this.

Def: Arrogant
adjective
1. having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
"he's arrogant and opinionated"

Just saying...

Symphonia

Banned
Every one of your posts includes something about you. I am this, I did this, I said this, I have this, I do this, I was this.

Def: Arrogant
adjective
1. having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
"he's arrogant and opinionated"

Just saying...
But I have no sense of self-importance.

I am not important.

How is that, in any shape or form, arrogant?

AcridMeat

Banned
It reads like you're being sarcastic but then your 2nd paragraph doesn't really do anything to dissuade someone reading it from thinking you're serious. That's how I see it.

Unless everything in that excerpt is serious then yeah you are pretty egotistical.

Symphonia

Banned
It reads like you're being sarcastic but then your 2nd paragraph doesn't really do anything to dissuade someone reading it from thinking you're serious. That's how I see it.

Unless everything in that excerpt is serious then yeah you are pretty egotistical.
But it's so egotistical that it can only be anything but serious. It's quite clearly sarcastic and satirical. I've been around here long enough for you guys to know I think very little of myself.

NinjaBoiX

Pretty apt description yeah. It can sometimes be overwhelming if you aren't into it right away.

That said, here's something a friend just showed me to relax and vibe to.
Nice one mate, smooth and chilled. Just right before I turn in for the night.
I would start off with the generic 'I'm your average guy' crap but, I won't lie, I'm fucking kick ass. Anything in particular you look for in a guy? I've got it. If you hadn't guessed, I'm a pretty honest guy and I absolutely reek of confidence.

I am open to trying all kinds of things and seeing where it goes from there. I'm looking for someone who I can inspire with my cheerful attitude. If it's just sex you're after, I'm not going to decline but I'm not going to object to getting to know you on a one-to-one basis if that's how you roll. I mean, we're all here for the same thing - to meet someone. But whatever happens, happens. I'm pretty much done here. Basically, if you want to know more, drop me a line and I'll get back to you.
rkOis.gif

You too Cyanide, that was just what I needed.

AcridMeat

Banned
But it's so egotistical that it can only be anything but serious. It's quite clearly sarcastic and satirical. I've been around here long enough for you guys to know I think very little of myself.
Dude like I said it came off as a joke to me. I was just giving potential perspective on her end that the longer you read the less it's clear cut.

So in that sense she is quick to jump to conclusions. Or maybe was looking for an excuse to stop the conversation.

Symphonia

Banned
Dude like I said it came off as a joke to me. I was just giving potential perspective on her end that the longer you read the less it's clear cut.

So in that sense she is quick to jump to conclusions. Or maybe was looking for an excuse to stop the conversation.
Pfft, her loss.

Mikeside

EDIT: Oh, and Mike - going back probably several thousand pages - well done and I am looking forward to the next OP.

Hopefully it'll be a good one! I'm working on it right now, in fact :)

Well done, though?

Always good to see you pop in, Phi. We definitely have to get a pub crew together this year to visit you.

Carl

She sounds like she's onto something ;)

jimbor

Banned
Touche Jim Bowen...

I would though, we would drink in the finest taverns, consume meats of the rarest beasts and partake in ladys of negotiable affection until dawn.

Probably.

Based on what Eggybob told me, this sounds like the tail end of the first (or was it the second?) meet, minus drinking in the finest taverns and consuming meats of the rarest beasts.

8bit

Knows the Score
The guy to the left of dapperbandit looks as if he's eaten human flesh.

--

Oooh, Leftfield. I think I preferred Leftism over Rhythm & Stealth but they're both great albums.

Both of these bring back fond memories of blowing clubs up, Leftfield had a sound that wasn't really heard outside of Hardfloor's crazy acid meltdown abuse and was a revelation.

Leftfield - Song of Life (Underworld Steppin' Razor remix) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV9-PNX_Qq4

Leftfield - Not Forgotten (Hand Hands Remix) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuwxDSFafM

Also, both Original : www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoW9OKTuSMc (ft. Toni Halliday) and Afro Left : www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WlTlfTng3M (demented vocalisations also featured on one of the Wipeout games) are on that one.

And I've got to mention Chris Cunningham's Africa Shox video, I especially love the "Do you need a hand?" line. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJWOVJuhlAM

I think I've got a hankering for loads of prog house now.

You're on your own with the booze though phi!

Nope, I'm off the booze too now, indefinitely

So I was gonna say we need to see your profile now, but.......

Exactly. I mean, how can this be taken as arrogant?

Silly girl doesn't know what she's on about.

Yeah I would have taken that as arrogance. If it's not serious I think you need to maybe reword it a bit to make it more obvious that it's a joke?

NinjaBoiX

Morning you fine individuals. Weekend time innit pretty much, just one more day to toss off. Going to go and see the folks and go clothes shopping in Newcastle on Sat, and I'm going to see American Hustle with the lads on Sunday. Vidya games and a gym visit as and where they fit in. A good pal who moved away last year is back for the weekend too, aww yiss!

Also, West Sunniside looked particularly bonny at 8am this morning under a red sky:

HnhUrrw.jpg

And I've got to mention Chris Cunningham's Africa Shox video, I especially love the "Do you need a hand?" line. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJWOVJuhlAM

I think I've got a hankering for loads of prog house now.
Sweet 8bit, I'll check out those remixes later on.

That Africa Shox video is so messed up. Chris Cunningham videos in general are messed up!
Nice one, DJ. Bloody marvellous.
So so good, that vocal stirs my beans. I love the sound at the start too, like someone is tickling a dolphin or something.

theaface

I think to myself and to others here who know you, it's fairly obvious that it's tongue-in-cheek. To those who don't know you however? I'm not so sure.

Humour and a moderate amount of self-deprecation is a good thing - you may just want to make it a little bit more obvious that that's what you're going for.

NinjaBoiX

Basically Cyanide, it's not funny enough. Or funny at all even. Throw some gags in there if you want it to be taken as a joke.

It currently reads like the delusions of a mentalist.

Nope, I'm off the booze too now, indefinitely.
Good for you Musha. Healthy body, healthy baby and all that!

afoni

Banned
That's not how to sell yourself. Be a genuinely cool guy and maybe you'll get that cute Chinese girl everyone pines after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom