• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
I know I haven't been active around these parts for a while. Is it a running joke that afoni had integrity to begin with? Because I'm laughing.

SuperSah

Banned
I had a disgusting homophobic encounter today.

I was in my computing class when me and my friend were casually discussing homosexuality, she then comes out with how it's "wrong" and that homosexuals are "confused", that they don't know who they are and all this bullshit how homosexuality is a CHOICE. She starts screaming and surprise, surprise, everyone joined in laughing at me because I feel that homosexuality is okay. People were making disgusting comments like how gays should be banished, killed and the like. To make it worse, the teacher participate by laughing and even asked me why I respect it, so I told him to fuck off and do one. The pupil's then proceeded to upload a video to the class of an African man describing gay sex and and how homosexuality is wrong using the most crude of examples. It was sickening and unfunny. To think a teacher participated in all of this and laughed and made his own personal comments on homosexuality.

I have never felt so humiliated in my life. I'm not even homosexual, but man I do care for the rights of people and I feel this went too far.

I'm so peeved. Thank god I'm going away tomorrow.

I was in my computing class when me and my friend were casually discussing homosexuality, she then comes out with how it's "wrong" and that homosexuals are "confused", that they don't know who they are and all this bullshit how homosexuality is a CHOICE. She starts screaming and surprise, surprise, everyone joined in laughing at me because I feel that homosexuality is okay. People were making disgusting comments like how gays should be banished, killed and the like. To make it worse, the teacher participate by laughing and even asked me why I respect it, so I told him to fuck off and do one. The pupil's then proceeded to upload a video to the class of an African man describing gay sex and and how homosexuality is wrong using the most crude of examples. It was sickening and unfunny. To think a teacher participated in all of this and laughed and made his own personal comments on homosexuality.

I have never felt so humiliated in my life. I'm not even homosexual, but man I do care for the rights of people and I feel this went too far.

Ho ho ho I'd have an official complaint lodged right up that teacher's arse. Then tell him he can "eat da poo poo".

AcridMeat

Banned
Didn't know that shit still goes on, aren't you in college SuperSah? Pretty despicable.

I would have used reason when the teacher asked and made them all foolish, then told em to fuck off. Pretty horrid teacher.

Yeah local radio stations I can understand playing the same 40 songs over and over again but the BBC must have the rights to a ton of songs so don't get why they don't mix it up a bit more. If it wasn't for the adverts I'd just leave the radio on Classic FM.
I work in the radio world so might as well chip in... It's less about the rights of songs and more about their choice of what to play. It really wouldn't cost more in terms of music licences to have a broader playlist, but it may cost more in terms of taking more time to playlist and plan and choose. I'd say it's more about a direct choice often led by trying to really tightly go for a target audience for advertising reasons.

Plus, many local stations are owned by groups - it's cheaper to have one bloke in London choose a playlist for all their stations, so in some cases DJs have less choice or it's automated anyway. But with digital stuff we're getting more niche stations for more specific choice, which is great. And there's hundreds of stations across the country, so jumping round the dial or online can help find some great stuff.

SuperSah

Banned
Ho ho ho I'd have an official complaint lodged right up that teacher's arse. Then tell him he can "eat da poo poo".

Didn't know that shit still goes on, aren't you in college SuperSah? Pretty despicable.

I would have used reason when the teacher asked and made them all foolish, then told em to fuck off. Pretty horrid teacher.

College, yeah.

I was going to file a complaint, but this college has tendency to drag out investigations, and to be honest, I have no time. I have so much work that needs doing and this is going to stress me out big time.

Mum's writing a formal complaint note to him personally threatening further action if he continues anything else.

jimbor

Banned

Well they do eat the poo poo.

NinjaBoiX

It's cool when acrid pops in to say hello.

Plus, moar tunes!

Sah, your teacher sounds like a bellend. I mean, kids are kids, as misguided and bigoted as they sound, but he should really be stamping that kind of shit out not encouraging it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I tried to find the YT video SuperSah mentioned but now I realise I just searched for "African gay sex"…

Son Of D

What the fuck? If that were me I would have probably done something incredibly stupid (IE lose my temper and hit someone). Or walked out of the class, filed a complaint and refuse to go back in there until things were sorted out. Seriously, how the fuck is shit like that even allowed in College?

That's just angered me reading that.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

honestly, I would go to the media. Disgusting how people like that can be allowed to teach.

Just for context, what kind of person was the teacher? Would you expect them to be homophobic originally?

afoni

Banned
Seems like your teacher might have been offering an opportunity to snipe at your fellow pupils. He wasn't very tactful about it though.

SuperSah

Banned
What the fuck? If that were me I would have probably done something incredibly stupid (IE lose my temper and hit someone). Or walked out of the class, filed a complaint and refuse to go back in there until things were sorted out. Seriously, how the fuck is shit like that even allowed in College?

That's just angered me reading that.

I tried to sit back and fight my point but none of these guys seemed to understand.

Made it worse the teacher didn't bother to stop it, he seemed perfectly happy joining in.

honestly, I would go to the media. Disgusting how people like that can be allowed to teach.

Just for context, what kind of person was the teacher? Would you expect them to be homophobic originally?

He's an Islamic African from Uganda. So yeah, I expect homophobia as he is Muslim and he is incredibly open with his views.

I'd love to take this further, but it'll impact studies too much stressing out over the situation.

I don't know the video name, it was apparently based off a BBC documentary/

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I tried to sit back and fight my point but none of these guys seemed to understand.

Made it worse the teacher didn't bother to stop it, he seemed perfectly happy joining in.

He's an Islamic African from Uganda. So yeah, I expect homophobia as he is Muslim and he is incredibly open with his views.

I'd love to take this further, but it'll impact studies too much stressing out over the situation.

I don't know the video name, it was apparently based off a BBC documentary/

Get the motherfucker fired quicksharp if I were you. Those views have no place in 2014, and it takes our generation (and more specifically yours - how the fuck are there still homophobic kids?) putting our foot down to make it happen.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sah, well done for standing up for what you believe in. It couldn't have been easy when you were surrounded by morons.

I second what everyone else says and also want to say try not to let it get to you too much. Idiots are idiots. You're not an idiot. That's what's important.

SuperSah

Banned
Get the motherfucker fired quicksharp if I were you. Those views have no place in 2014, and it takes our generation (and more specifically yours - how the fuck are there still homophobic kids?) putting our foot down to make it happen.

Yeah, true, shit needs toning down. It just amazes me there are still so many people who act as if being gay is some kind of disease. It's disgusting.

I'd love to report this guy, but I have a lot to worry about..

Was it the Stephen Fry documentary? That had some clips that got around a bit.

Not sure, it was some gay guy studying how they feel about gays and at the end of the documentary, he tells the homophobic African bloke he was gay and they try to arrest him for it.

Sah, well done for standing up for what you believe in. It couldn't have been easy when you were surrounded by morons.

I second what everyone else says and also want to say try not to let it get to you too much. Idiots are idiots. You're not an idiot. That's what's important.

Thanks for that, made me feel a bit better, just so surprising people are complete jackasses like this.

Not sure, it was some gay guy studying how they feel about gays and at the end of the documentary, he tells the homophobic African bloke he was gay and they try to arrest him for it.

Oh! I think that was a Scott Mills thing for BBC Three. Possibly called The Worst Place to be Gay.

That sucks Sah, but well done for standing up for what is right. I would totally take it further, but it's your shout, if you feel it might impact your studies then fair enough.

Congrats Lirlond!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Ended up working from 9 till six in my pajamas, so tired.. Now at the pub on my colleagues ipad wooo

Plans for the weekend gaf?
OMG I can't believe you lot have actually been having a discussion about music I actually know and love for once and I've been stuck in a bloody meeting most of the morning! Dammit.

Congrats Tash! That's awesome. 2 months for me on my 3rd attempt :/

I like Monkey Wrench too. The Color and the Shape is still probably my favourite Foos album.

I stopped buying Green Day albums after Nimrod, and Offspring albums after Conspiracyof One. They've had some ok stuff out after those but it's just not the same.

Totally agree with everything in this post.

I think one of my fave QOTSA songs is Hangin' Tree, that time signature....

Still kinda prefer Kyuss though.
Fankyhoo, this must be attempt number 25 but it's going well

Love smooth sailing by qotsa atm

Thank you son of a d also :)

Symphonia

Banned
Yup. Once I held it back for hours and then couldn't shit for a week.
I've held this one back for a day or so. I really should let it go but I've just got out the shower and, yano, it would seem to invalidate the entire point of having a shower if I shower then shit.

I've held this one back for a day or so. I really should let it go but I've just got out the shower and, yano, it would seem to invalidate the entire point of having a shower if I shower then shit.

#firstworldproblems.
Haha no, really, I know what you mean. it's like, I'm all nice and clean! GOTTA POOP....ffs

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
it'll probably get all compacted and sharp and give you anal fissures. ###edited because i read the quote with my avatar next to it and it was just wrong. I'll save that for whatsapp

NinjaBoiX

it'll probably get all compacted and sharp and give you anal fissures. ###edited because i read the quote with my avatar next to it and it was just wrong. I'll save that for whatsapp
It's funny 'cos it's true.

I very nearly avatar quoted you but I couldn't be arsed.

Symphonia

Banned
#firstworldproblems.
Haha no, really, I know what you mean. it's like, I'm all nice and clean! GOTTA POOP....ffs
Well, this is it. I was in the shower for quite a while (I love lengthy shower sessions after a stressful day at work) and I smell all fresh and clean and it feels great. The last thing I want to do is go for a goddamn shit.

Who else is watching The Undateables? LOVE this programme. I'm going straight to hell.

Me and the bloke are watching it. I have a 6 year old nephew who's autistic so it's quite nice to see what an awesome lovely bloke that guy is.

Also Andy loves dwarves, he nearly squealed when the dwarf football team came on.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I'm completely deaf to the music you guys are discussing. Mind you, I always was - give me Django Reinhardt, Stefane Grapelli and the Hot Club of France every time. Also Noel Coward.

Everley Brothers and Beatles at a pinch.

Now, where were we? Thread moves too damn fast for me to keep up. So it is congrats to (probably) Dave, afoni and one out of Tash and Cyanide - or maybe both. And maybe to sploat but we'll wait and see.

And commiserations to - um - whoever needs commiserations.

And Musha and whoever (Tash?) giving up smokes? Well done. Never managed that - it is a bit troublesome. I have got as far as half-and-halfing with e-cigs so far, but I rather suspect that I like that tar/cyanide/formaldehyde and whatever other horrible things are in there.

Been off alcohol for about 7 weeks though, which is about a world record for me and has done me the world of good.

EDIT: Oh, and Mike - going back probably several thousand pages - well done and I am looking forward to the next OP.

I'm completely deaf to the music you guys are discussing. Mind you, I always was - give me Django Reinhardt, Stefane Grapelli and the Hot Club of France every time. Also Noel Coward.

Everley Brothers and Beatles at a pinch.

Now, where were we? Thread moves too damn fast for me to keep up. So it is congrats to (probably) Dave, afoni and one out of Tash and Cyanide - or maybe both. And maybe to sploat but we'll wait and see.

And commiserations to - um - whoever needs commiserations.

And Musha and whoever (Tash?) giving up smokes? Well done. Never managed that - it is a bit troublesome. I have got as far as half-and-halfing with e-cigs so far, but I rather suspect that I like that tar/cyanide/formaldehyde and whatever other horrible things are in there.

Been off alcohol for about 7 weeks though, which is about a world record for me and has done me the world of good.

EDIT: Oh, and Mike - going back probably several thousand pages - well done and I am looking forward to the next OP.

Ah phi, we do appreciate you making the effort to pop in now and again. Re the smoking, give Allen Carr's Easyway to give up Smoking a shot. Read the book, if you stop smoking great, if you don't oh well, you haven't lost anything right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom