• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
This is why I love you, you're the only one who gets my love of that show

tumblr_m104ujrJg81qeq77p.gif

Also Blink Me, everytime I read your username I am constantly reminded of the Mark, Tom and Travis show album back cover (NSFW) and how my friend doodled it on the front cover of my Geography notepad back in high school.

Blink Me

That's such an awesome album cover my copy of it only has the front part on it though since I got it in about 2005 when it wasn't as widely available.

NinjaBoiX

That's such an awesome album cover my copy of it only has the front part on it though since I got it in about 2005 when it wasn't as widely available.
You had it 4 years early?!? How did you manage that, it wasn't realised officially until 2009!
I saw them at Download a few years back and was hugely disappointed. For such an all star line up they sure did suck.
Well that sucks, maybe they just couldn't be arsed, they sound pretty tight from what I've heard (on YouTube :/ ). But yeah, supergroups often turn out to be worth less than the sum of their parts. It's easy to get hyped up for disappointment.

I thought it was a decent record though. Didn't blow my socks off, and it kind of sounded like a load of QOTSA b-sides, but still pretty good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was thinking of making a RP too, but I'm keeping this avatar will the 13th as that's when Christmas celebrations end in Sweden (Tjugondag jul).

Means we still have the tree up.

My old boss requested that I rejoin the company and so I have an interview in Oxford on Monday! So hyped to be going back there. Getting work back there would be awesome.

Can't contain how happy I am about that!

Best super group ever is Me First and the Gimme Gimmes without a doubt.

I took the tree down last night. Sad times.

My old boss requested that I rejoin the company and so I have an interview in Oxford on Monday! So hyped to be going back there. Getting work back there would be awesome.

Congrats bob!

Symphonia

Banned
Sorry to stray away from the punk/rock discussion going on but I feel ashamed to admit I've had a bit of an 80s thing going on in my office today. Erasure, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Pet Shop Boys - they're all there.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Congrats!

In similarly good news I found out that I might be getting promoted at the end of the FY. I will be able to lord it about like a boss. Because I will be a boss. Duff man says oh yeah.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sorry to stray away from the punk/rock discussion going on but I feel ashamed to admit I've had a bit of an 80s thing going on in my office today. Erasure, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Pet Shop Boys - they're all there.

Sounds like my old office. Every day for 8 years. Utter cunts.

8bit

Knows the Score
Haven't taken the tree down yet as we only got back home on Saturday, spent Sunday unpacking and generally feeling monged, had a 4 hour interviewathon on Monday, came back to the office on Tuesday and then built the solid wood bed for my daughter during that evening, left the office late last night, will leave late tonight after speaking to some recruiter fud and have found out that my Back to the Future lego has arrived at home.

So, maybe Saturday. After the shopping and recycling of the Christmas cardboard.

Craig David eat your heart out.

Congrats!

In similarly good news I found out that I might be getting promoted at the end of the FY. I will be able to lord it about like a boss. Because I will be a boss. Duff man says oh yeah.

Congrats to you too sploat!

Haven't taken the tree down yet as we only got back home on Saturday, spent Sunday unpacking and generally feeling monged, had a 4 hour interviewathon on Monday, came back to the office on Tuesday and then built the solid wood bed for my daughter during that evening, left the office late last night, will leave late tonight after speaking to some recruiter fud and have found out that my Back to the Future lego has arrived at home.

So, maybe Saturday. After the shopping and recycling of the Christmas cardboard.

Craig David eat your heart out.

This was the only bit that stood out here for me. Please post pics.

Blink Me

Sounds like my old office. Every day for 8 years. Utter cunts.

I'd rather listen to 80's stuff than having to listen to Radio 1 which I have to do at work. God knows what Ellie Goulding saw in Greg James. That going home song makes me want to punch the radio. And having to listen to Nick Grimshaw namedropping Harry Styles every 2 minutes is tragic.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah, you do miss it, but the pay off is worth it. You rarely get a chance to ponder it in the first few months though. If you’re particularly unlucky, you’ll be spending most of your time playing yet another round of Nappy, Food or Sleep? XD
Only just saw this post, but I would do anything to back to that first year, not just so I can spend every waking moment with my little girl but so I can actually stop myself fucking up and losing my little family thing. I wake up every day regretting that shit and I know a lot of you will come forward and say to stop regretting it as there's no point but it ain't easy to forget something like that.

I hate myself for walking out :(

NinjaBoiX

OK, I want that DeLorean. That is some sexy shit.

Congrats Sploat and Bob, nice work.

I still have the tree up. From 2012.
No tree this year, never left the box. Bonus.

My parents' was quite spiffy though, so I got my fill.
Best super group ever is Me First and the Gimme Gimmes without a doubt.
YEESSS!

It's like a big Fat Wreck Reunion or something, glorious stuff. I remember my NOFX fanboy pal was pretty much doing backflips when he heard about it.

But you're only saying that because you haven't seen McBusted yet. ;)
I actually can't listen to Pet Shop Boys, I come out in a rash. Neil Tenant had to be taking the piss with that paper thin, pathetic sounding voice of his. Urgh, one of the few bands I'm vitriolic in my hatred for.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I actually can't listen to Pet Shop Boys, I come out in a rash. Neil Tenant had to be taking the piss with that paper thin, pathetic sounding voice of his. Urgh, one of the few bands I'm vitriolic in my hatred for.

What has he, what has he, what has he done to deserve this?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So I've had a pretty mental day at work. Got it all sorted, slumped in my office chair. Hit random on the iPod. This comes on:

...that's one more day we made it through...

ahhh, I love Jonah :)

fakedit: no sooner do I write this than the track changes and this comes on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cqn6lOL83c

It's like my iPod is trying to say "Hey man don't worry about it. You sorted shit. Now chill,"

I couldn't do it everyday but every now and then I feel in a bit of an 80s mood. Today is one of those days. I will make up for it tomorrow by listening to death metal.

I think I'd rather the 80s stuff :p

I'd rather listen to 80's stuff than having to listen to Radio 1 which I have to do at work. God knows what Ellie Goulding saw in Greg James. That going home song makes me want to punch the radio. And having to listen to Nick Grimshaw namedropping Harry Styles every 2 minutes is tragic.

see you say that, but try listening to a local radio station that focuses on 80s music and modern pop. For eight fucking years. But only the really really popular stuff. So you will hear Spandau Ballet 3 times a day. And Phil Collins. And Katy Perry maybe 6.

I sincerely think there were entire years where I was just a hair's breadth from a full on pissing shitting crying breakdown, and the constant inane radio was a massive part of that. I really resent those selfish people for putting me through that. "Oh, we know that this music is really stressing you out but we don't like it when it's quiet"

Got my own office now. This just came on the iPod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5LXNt5zctQ

aw yeaaaaaah

Blink Me

see you say that, but try listening to a local radio station that focuses on 80s music and modern pop. For eight fucking years. But only the really really popular stuff. So you will hear Spandau Ballet 3 times a day. And Phil Collins. And Katy Perry maybe 6.

Yeah after I wrote that I remember that the guy before used to blast out Radio 2 which was also awful most of the time since Ken Bruce loves Coldplay and I can't stand them. And I think they even played that god awful James Arthur song a lot as well. I wish Radio 2 wouldn't try and be trendy.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah after I wrote that I remember that the guy before used to blast out Radio 2 which was also awful most of the time since Ken Bruce loves Coldplay and I can't stand them. And I think they even played that god awful James Arthur song a lot as well. I wish Radio 2 wouldn't try and be trendy.

Radio is just bad. It's for people without imagination / taste / a record collection / the ability to discriminate between good and bad / souls

Son Of D

Missed quite a lot of conversation it seems.

I've started listening to all the music that's been posted, so I can give opinions on that a little later. Re: Nirvana, Heart Shaped Box was their best IMO, such a good song. But to be honest my interest in music didn't really start until I was 17 where I started listening to Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, The Who, Led Zep, NIN, QOTSA amongst others.

Re: Subway, I only really go for Turkey Breast and Ham. Basic I know, but it satisfies me enough.

8bit I am incredibly jealous of that Lego BttF set. Big Lego fan plus BttF being one of my favourite films. I want that now.

Tomorrow it will have been a month without smoking

Fuck you fags I win

Touch wood

Congrats Tash, always good to see someone break away from smoking.

On another note, sorry for the question but how I get involved in the BritGAF Whatsapp shenanigans again? I have to PM my number to someone here right?

And finally, I'll probably take a new real pic tomorrow and just stick with that.

Blink Me

Radio is just bad. It's for people without imagination / taste / a record collection / the ability to discriminate between good and bad / souls

Yeah local radio stations I can understand playing the same 40 songs over and over again but the BBC must have the rights to a ton of songs so don't get why they don't mix it up a bit more. If it wasn't for the adverts I'd just leave the radio on Classic FM.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah local radio stations I can understand playing the same 40 songs over and over again but the BBC must have the rights to a ton of songs so don't get why they don't mix it up a bit more. If it wasn't for the adverts I'd just leave the radio on Classic FM.

As far as I'm aware they don't get much of a choice.

My wife sent me this earlier:

WKFP

(The Minecraft set is for my son.)

Awesome. Definitely gonna get this to add to my ever growing collection of DeLoreans.

On the subject of Pet Shop Boys I've always liked them, It's a Sin and Suberbia being my favourite songs, hugely melodic with nice pop chord progressions on awesome 80's synths.

theaface

Sounds immense. Throw in a bit of Phil Collins, Huey Lewis and Haircut 100, and you have the perfect combination.

On another note, sorry for the question but how I get involved in the BritGAF Whatsapp shenanigans again? I have to PM my number to someone here right?

Jordan.

Pm him your number and he'll add you.

I only listen to Classic FM when I'm driving. Only thing that calms my road rage.

Sounds immense. Throw in a bit of Phil Collins, Huey Lewis and Haircut 100, and you have the perfect combination.

Huey Lewis and the News are da bomb. Stuck with you is going to be our first dance. If he ever asks me.

NinjaBoiX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom