• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My weekend

In a spooky crypt full of skulls
M06ayxn.jpg

Dymchurch Minature railway
IjrNk9l.jpg

Playing scrabble
RChAaMW.jpg

Not really playing by the rules
TeFT7gv.jpg

My awesome Adventure Time sweatbands
BRxPKNN.jpg

Rocking the skates
X9k0UVD.jpg

Our rad sandcastle
9JdTYmL.jpg

There are some pics of me frolicking in the sea but they're on my mates camera so I'll have to wait for her to post them up

AcridMeat

Banned
Musha that looks like an awesome weekend.
2011 season when they reached the playoffs for the first time since the late 90s made me all warm and fuzzy inside..and then they go and fuck it all up in 2012 season.. The team consists of decent, talented players but they are just so disorganised and unmotivated at times.

Oh and no matter how long the games last or how shitty and cheesy their frequent 10 minute adverts are, I applaud the NFL for the draft, salary cap, penalty/ruling video challenges, rigid/final ruling decisions and pretty ladies at halftime shows. Beats having to sit through a shitty club football match thinking why that overpaid footballer got away with swan diving in the penalty box while arguing with some idiot during halftime about why your local/small team never win any trophies knowing full well that there's no point in routing for them because they'll never get the Russian/American/Arab cash money now required in order to get on top of the league table.
Yeah it's funny how many people got into American Football over there I found.

This last point is where I'll give the sport a pass. There's so many members of a team that the talent really comes from working together well, not necessarily the individual players apart from a few big positions like running back/quarterback/etc. In every other professional sport, if you spend a ton of money for the best players, you're probably going to win. Football is much more...what's the word, parity? among the teams.

That said, all of those delays in play and stuff I just get so bored. That's why I always stuck with hockey and basketball.

NinjaBoiX

Daughters birthday. I bought her a Premium Wii U and some other stuff. So that, along with rent and utility bills, has bled me dry.

I always imagined you as a good father Cyanide.

You disappoint me.

My awesome Adventure Time sweatbands
BRxPKNN.jpg

Nice, love it.

Looks like you had fun this weekend!

There's so many members of a team that the talent really comes from working together well, not necessarily the individual players apart from a few big positions like running back/quarterback/etc. In every other professional sport, if you spend a ton of money for the best players, you're probably going to win. Football is much more...what's the word, parity? among the teams..
So much troof.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The flat I'm staying at has no Internet connection, none of the sims I can find for my phone allow tethering, and all the public wifi points are broken most of the time. Aggghhh.

Guess I need to jailbreak my phone again...

UK telecoms :|

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Just made myself a godly burger. Toasted sesame seed bun, top notch steak patty, one butterflied pork and chorizo sausage, two slices of applewood smoked Cheddar, crunchy lettuce and mustard mayo.

http://i.imgur.co[/QUOTE]

omfg im dying right now

want so much

NinjaBoiX

The flat I'm staying at has no Internet connection, none of the sims I can find for my phone allow tethering, and all the public wifi points are broken most of the time. Aggghhh.

You are never coming back to the UK are you?

:/

8bit

Knows the Score

You should get a cheap Android and root it for times like this.

--

edit, Are you near a cash convertors or similar? They sell knocked off phones and the like.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
You are never coming back to the UK are you?

:/

Edinburgh has been fantastic, actually, but I can't share a whole lot in my now completely dead thread at the moment because of the connectivity issues. Or get much work done, but I'm okay with that part. ;b

No there are rich teams that buy all the supposedly good/popular players in esports

edit actually it might be different in LoL but that's because LoL is for communist babies

lol

I kinda regret missing The International, oh well maybe next year if I'm bored

NinjaBoiX

Edinburgh has been fantastic, actually, but I can't share a whole lot in my now completely dead thread at the moment because of the connectivity issues. Or get much work done, but I'm okay with that part. ;b
Just don't let our poor communications infrastructure, disappointing pub food and your run ins with the border patrol dampen your spirits buddy.

pxnFL1I.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Übermatik;76817611 said:
Something doesn't add up here... Eh, I guess you get a mix, I have met a few friendly scots.

All the drunken Scots here want to start fights with me until they find out I'm American and not English, then we're best mates. ;b

Gotta say, other than liking some Metallica stuff, I totally agree.

So... you're saying you don't know what emo means either?

I (and the tweeter) don't give a fuck about whether Ninj likes that stuff (and let's face it, it takes a certain ear nowadays to appreciate that stuff), it's just the descriptors are flat-out, hilariously wrong.

The post would actually be A-OK if he removed the emo bit and the bit about posturing.

Seems like whoever runs that twitter is a metal fan hmmmmm

https://twitter.com/NeoGAFShitPosts/status/368776060856332288

Also, it's multiple people who run it, fwiw.

Mikeside

So... you're saying you don't know what emo means either?

I (and the tweeter) don't give a fuck about whether Ninj likes that stuff (and let's face it, it takes a certain ear nowadays to appreciate that stuff), it's just the descriptors are flat-out, hilariously wrong.

The post would actually be A-OK if he removed the emo bit and the bit about posturing

Nope, a lot of those bands strike me as being very similar to shitty emo music (and I love GOOD emo music). It's more that a lot of shitty emo tries to ape metal, really, but it's still true.

SKINNER!

Banned
I have lost the will to liiiiiiiiiiiiive, simply nothing more to giiiiiiiive

Darkness imprisoning me! All that I see! Absolute horror!
I cannot live! I cannot die! Trapped in myself! Body my holding cell!

And I cry, to the alleyway
Confess all to the rain
But I lie, lie straight to the mirror
The one I've broken, to match my face

Come lay beside me, this won't hurt I swear
She loves me not, she loves me still, but she'll never love again
She lay beside me, but she'll be there when I'm gone
Black heart scarring darker still, yes she'll be there when I'm gone
Yes she'll be there when I'm gone. Dead sure she'll be there

Saaaaaaaaint Anger round my neeeeee-eeck. Heeeeeeee never gets respect

My lifestyle determines my deathstyle
:(

Dunno you guys, sounds pretty emo to me.

NinjaBoiX

Fair play Coldman, good post.

I must admit, I just lump any heavily emotive rock music (obviously including Paramore, I made that caveat in the post) under the "emo" tag. I wasn't aware of the subtleties of the sub genre, that shit always boggles my mind! (funnily enough, me and Musha were talking about the exact same thing a week ago!)

But yeah, like Mike says, good emo is good, bad emo is bad. Which in itself, of course, is entirely subjective.

2862655_o.gif

;)

Edit: why the fuck did you just delete that? It was a good post man! I knew I should've quoted.

Jordan

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
I am a man who walks alone
And when I'm walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park

When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it's dark.

Fear of the dark,fear of the dark
I have constant fear that something's always near
Fear of the dark,fear of the dark
I have a phobia that someone's always there

Absolutely love this song

SKINNER!

Banned
I was actually trolling with my post. Kinda thought the last 2 (possibly 3) quotes showed that. Every song I quoted are great Metallica tracks. Just because they got a couple of sad tracks doesn't mean they are "emo". Easily possible to pull the same stunt with any band/act....except perhaps Scooter or Andrew WK.

If my heart was still alive,I know it would surely break
And my memories left with you, there's nothing more to say

Moving on is a simple thing,What it leaves behind is hard
You know the sleeping feel no more pain,And the living are scarred

A tout le monde,A tout mes amis
Je vous aime,Je dois partir
These are the last words, I'll ever speak, they'll set me free

What a fuckin' emo that Mustaine is.

I was actually trolling with my post. Kinda thought the last 2 (possibly 3) quotes showed that. Every song I quoted are great Metallica tracks. Just because they got a couple of sad tracks doesn't mean they are "emo". Easily possible to pull the same stunt with any band/act....except perhaps Scooter or Andrew WK.

If my heart was still alive,I know it would surely break
And my memories left with you, there's nothing more to say

Moving on is a simple thing,What it leaves behind is hard
You know the sleeping feel no more pain,And the living are scarred

A tout le monde,A tout mes amis
Je vous aime,Je dois partir
These are the last words, I'll ever speak, they'll set me free

What a fuckin' emo that Mustaine is.

I was tempted to reply with Kanye lyrics. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom