• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Seriously, they're not shortened or censored?

Goddamn I might be scratching the itch sooner rather than later.

The Netflix episodes? I did read a while ago back on Netflix US that the pilot was the censored/shortened version. IIRC, the uncut/extended pilot was only on the DVD/Blu-ray but it is probably available on digital media somewhere. Apart from the pilot, all episodes of BB have the f-word (and probably the C-word) muted just like when they're aired on TV. I believe the words are unmuted on DVD? Haven't watched my R1 boxsets in a while so not sure and I don't recall there being an "uncensored" label on them. Not entirely sure on Netflix since I've only been watching the new eps. To be fair, the word is hardly used throughout the seasons so it doesn't affect the experience. Just watch the pilot uncensored.

The Netflix episodes? I did read a while ago back on Netflix US that the pilot was the censored/shortened version. IIRC, the uncut/extended pilot was only on the DVD/Blu-ray but it is probably available on digital media somewhere. Apart from the pilot, all episodes of BB have the f-word (and probably the C-word) muted just like when they're aired on TV. I believe the words are unmuted on DVD? Haven't watched my R1 boxsets in a while so not sure and I don't recall there being an "uncensored" label on them. Not entirely sure on Netflix since I've only been watching the new eps. To be fair, the word is hardly used throughout the seasons so it doesn't affect the experience. Just watch the pilot uncensored.

Thanks, I had read somewhere that the subtitles were censored or didn't match exactly what was being said.

Wait, so you're not actually deaf?

Yes I am, well even without my hearing aids I'm not profoundly deaf but there's still a moderate hearing loss. My hearing aids help a ton.

SteveWD40

Ooh, I forgot it was Breaking Bad night tonight. That's rather exciting.

bwHZSq2.gif

NinjaBoiX

Guys, the whole lot of you lack self control and discipline. Everyone is hungover/super-tired.

Apart from Dave of course, he's got it sussed.

I am disappoint GAF.

Jordan

I haven't drunk since the meetup and I'm not doing too bad on the tiredness front. I know, shocking for a Monday morning. I did oversleep by like an hour, and got to work 15 minutes late, but that's fine - I'm the first in so nobody ever notices - I'll just have a shorter lunch.

Getting mashed and playing PAYDAY sounds like a lot more fun than my evening though. I did watch 8 out of 10 cats does countdown where Jimmy Carr got the kittens out and woke everybody in my house up whilst absolutely fucking wetting myself from laughter.

Got the two strangest songs in my head, really don't understand why they are stuck in my head. Knife Party - Bonfire & Rizzle Kicks - Lost Generation. Why do you bother me :(

xist

One of the prime rules of retaining your sanity is to never, EVER, get involved in a conversation about religion (IRL or on a forum). They never end well...

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, some of the replies seemed a bit petulant.

But some of them were literally, "no, I don't believe in him."

Ban.

?

Maybe it's because the OP specifically stated it was for "religious-GAF", I dunno. But I was all:

tumblr_m4vf2iBoKH1r5jt46o1_400.gif

Symphonia

Banned
I noticed that, what the fuck?

They could have posted it in a less matter of fact way but they've been banned for saying that they don't believe in God.
Yeah, that's really...I just...what gives, NeoGAF? So you can now be banned for not believing in something? How ridiculous.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's thread shitting. They weren't adding to the topic at all.

If the thread was titled "do you believe in God?" and they said "no" they wouldn't get banned because that would be on topic.

Symphonia

Banned

If the thread was titled "do you believe in God?" and they said "no" they wouldn't get banned because that would be on topic.
I think you may have been reading a different thread. The replies I saw were stating their opinion that they don't fear God as they don't believe in Him. I'd say that's relevant.

SteveWD40

This, why go in a thread asking if you fear a deity you don't believe in? Especially as the OP directed at religious folk.

Too many people on Gaf who wear atheism / nihilism as some kind of badge of honour, as if it makes them more intellectual or something.

I think you may have been reading a different thread. The replies I saw were stating their opinion that they don't fear God as they don't believe in Him. I'd say that's relevant.

Nope, not if you read the OP. It's thread shitting.

afoni

Banned
Holding a Vita in my hands right now. Can't wait to take advantage of my PS+ and play Gravity Rush.

Breaking Bad today was good, but not as good as last week.

I was checking the time left on my Wii U pad and hoping it wouldn't end on such an insane cocktease, but it did and it was GREAT.

This day is going really slow. To help make it a bit more bearable, I've decided I'm going to get McD's for lunch. I know I'll probably regret it later, but right now it seems like a really good idea.

Chinner

Banned
since i started working out 6 weeks ago ive put on about 4kg. some of that is fat, but getting more definitely definition and shit. had one of those workouts when everything clicks and you know its time to move up another weight bracket.

when the northern meetup happens me and kent will be like geordie shore

Mikeside

since i started working out 6 weeks ago ive put on about 4kg. some of that is fat, but getting more definitely definition and shit. had one of those workouts when everything clicks and you know its time to move up another weight bracket.

when the northern meetup happens me and kent will be like geordie shore

sounds like you're gonna be one well 'ard mallard

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's a massacre in here.

black-snake-moan-samuel-l-jackson.jpg

Donkey, you look ripped son! Can I have your pecs?

Wow, some religious mod be power trippin? Hope the bans are short, would suck to get booted for stating a truth.

edit: I'm not scared of God but I am scared of that mod.

edit2: also, if the bans are for thread shitting, how come Rockstar/GTA haters don't get banned from GTA threads? They shit the place up something fierce

I took my eye of the ball in this thread and now I have no idea what anyone's talking about.

If someone could sum up the event sof the last 36 hours I would appreciate it, if not, I shall continue to smile and nod.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
If you don't understand how that was thread-shitting, then no-one's gonna be able to explain it to you.

It's no more thread shitting than your average negative replies in a thread. Any hot girl thread is inundated by the sharp knees "I see better than this on my campus" arseholes, gaming threads with console war fools (seen any iOS game threads lately?) etc. I don't see why religion gets a free pass from negative posts. Not believing in a god is a perfectly valid reason not to fear it.

SmokyDave

It's no more thread shitting than your average negative replies in a thread. Any hot girl thread is inundated by the sharp knees "I see better than this on my campus" arseholes, gaming threads with console war fools (seen any iOS game threads lately?) etc. I don't see why religion gets a free pass from negative posts. Not believing in a god is a perfectly valid reason not to fear it.

I suspect it's more about not reading the OP than it is thread shitting. From that OP:

For the people here who do believe in God (or gods), do you fear God along with worship?

SteveWD40

Although I think it's thread shitting, you are correct that it's odd that thread got singled out.

Edit: yes Dave, probably.

This Vita has put me off of a digital future.

Why?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
got back from the gym, starting to build some muscle on my forearms...lol...aww yiss

Wow, some religious mod be power trippin? Hope the bans are short, would suck to get booted for stating a truth.

edit: I'm not scared of God but I am scared of that mod.

edit2: also, if the bans are for thread shitting, how come Rockstar/GTA haters don't get banned from GTA threads? They shit the place up something fierce
It's because the thread wasn't directed at smart-ass atheists who wished to mock the small religious* community left on GAF, not all deserved a ban, but i reckon a few did..

The question was not directed at them, they were in the wrong
You guys are doing it wrong.

Tasty, nutritious, and not even £2 worth of ingredients. Aww yeah.

i have baked beans, spaghetti hoops, some pasta weetabix,special K, salt and pepper and ketchup/mayo oh and a bit of cheese

what can i do with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom