• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Was in London all day yesterday. Enjoyed walking about and going places. St Place cathedral is still magnificant and fuck those vintage clothing in Brick Lane. 120 for a sweater? wasn't Vintage clothing supposed to be cheaper?

Also, went to Rough Trade East and was browsing some of their catalogue, I stumbled across Jagwar Ma' Howlin. I have the album and I love it (one of the best this year). However, I still picked it and saw that Rough trade had 5 extra tracks exclusively. WTF? I can't buy an album twice....

You sound far too sensible for Brick Lane.

Also, I'd totally have bought the album again. I'm such a sucker for bonus shit.

faridmon

You sound far too sensible for Brick Lane.

Also, I'd totally have bought the album again. I'm such a sucker for bonus shit.

I almost broke down and bought it. If I knew, I wouldn't have buy it from Amazon. Now I am actually contemplating buying it for those bonus songs when I get back to London...

8bit

Knows the Score
Was in London all day yesterday. Enjoyed walking about and going places. St Place cathedral is still magnificant and fuck those vintage clothing in Brick Lane. 120 for a sweater? wasn't Vintage clothing supposed to be cheaper?

Also, went to Rough Trade East and was browsing some of their catalogue, I stumbled across Jagwar Ma' Howlin. I have the album and I love it (one of the best this year). However, I still picked it and saw that Rough trade had 5 extra tracks exclusively. WTF? I can't buy an album twice....

Are those the Richard Norris remixes? They're on soundcloud IIRC.

Fuck yeah! Finally home to start the awesome bank holiday weekend.

Been a tough day. Snapped at my boss this morning. Felt really bad about it after, it was totally undeserved. I did apologise later and explained how I wasn't myself.

So the thing was my Mum's been in hospital for a week and a half. I didn't really want to talk about it until we knew what was going on. She went in with severe stomach pains and bloating, they did a ct scan and saw a mass in her colon. Obviously our minds went to the darkest place and we were really worried about what it could be. Finally this morning she had a colonoscopy, and luckily it's not cancer. Massive, huge relief. I forget what it's called but she has this thing where she has pockets in her colon which food can get stuck in, causing inflammation hence the pain and bloating. All she needs to do is eat a really high fibre diet and she should be good.

Big weight off my mind. After my friend recently lost her Dad to cancer I was really really worried, I couldn't imagine what I'd do without my Mum. Going to see her next weekend and spend some quality time.

So now to relax, have a drink, watch TV play some games and enjoy life :)

AcridMeat

Banned
What a massive relief for your family Musha, glad it's something relatively easy to deal with.

It's been an Emancipator morning for me, then work, then come back and pack and figure out my shit. Another 10 day adventure starting tomorrow.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I suspect some people will flay me alive then for suggesting that he doesn't sound much different than JT to me. Obviously one has better production values and a history of good music but you could probably trick me into mistaking one for the other with unheard songs. Not a huge fan of either but they seem to be receiving a big amount of market penetration lately.

SmokyDave

Glad to hear all is well Musha.

I just went to Sainsbury's and it seems Saint's Row 4 has been released. My god. I know what I'm doing this evening!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to hear all is well Musha.

I just went to Sainsbury's and it seems Saint's Row 4 has been released. My god. I know what I'm doing this evening!

I really want it but I'm thinking if I leave it til GTA5 comes out it will drop in price.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Only PS3 game I've bothered to platinum is Dark Souls, and I loved every minute. I'm terrified they've jumped the shark with 2 though based on development changes and proposed focus shift, but willing to give it a change. It's probably my console game of the generation at this point.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I've platinum'd 5 altogether.

Assassins Creed 2
InFamous
Sly 1
Sly 2
SR:3

Would have done Assassins Creed: Brotherhood except I wasn't willing to do all the online trophies. Got the rest though.

NinjaBoiX

Just heard this on a bbc trailer.

I was always a fan of this original, but got to say this cover is really sweet

http://youtu.be/y7TbJXujaXc
Yeah, that's pretty nice. But I love the original, it reminds me of teenage years, good times!

If you like piano-centric female singers, you should check out some stuff by Bat for Lashes and Cat Power, and you should really listen to "White Chalk" by PJ Harvey, it's very different from her usual stuff. It's gorgeously haunting and sombre, and almost exclusively her and a piano. I love it.

Cat Power - I Don't Blame You

Bat for Lashes - Laura

Penis thread is pretty funny

tumblr_m5shxq2yIF1rvfy6do1_500.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That might be appropriate for some games but the good ones have fun challenges that aren't absolutely ridiculous towards achieving platinum. I'd never do it on a game I didn't absolutely love, so obviously YMMV.
Tempted to get back into WoW...
You're too cool for that game, Steve. Seriously fuck that shit, the treadmill ain't changed, just got a new coat of paint and they give you the carrot for free but now there's an apple on a stick.

I've maxed out the achievements on a few easy games, but I didn't really bother with them after the first few months of owning a 360. They were nice for awhile, I wouldn't mind if they disappeared. Playing the game should be its' own reward.

This has been such a bad day for DC Entertainment between Baffleck, the JLA moving to Canada and the new Lobo design. I can't help but feel I encourage them as most of my DC pulls are Batman, Superman or Justice League-related.

It's not my fault they keep cancelling books I'm interested in. And while this is all going on, Marvel's building an empire with movies about a talking tree and a raccoon (no disrespect, I love me some DnA Cosmic stuff, I'm re-reading that ATM).

SteveWD40

.You're too cool for that game, Steve. Seriously fuck that shit, the treadmill ain't changed, just got a new coat of paint and they give you the carrot for free but now there's an apple on a stick.

I liked that treadmill for 5 years, never found another I enjoyed as much...

Plus they have fucking Monks now, crazy.

Who's that?

How I remember him

he also is married to that hot brunette from MI4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom