• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been such a bad day for DC Entertainment between Baffleck, the JLA moving to Canada and the new Lobo design. I can't help but feel I encourage them as most of my DC pulls are Batman, Superman or Justice League-related.

It's not my fault they keep cancelling books I'm interested in. And while this is all going on, Marvel's building an empire with movies about a talking tree and a raccoon (no disrespect, I love me some DnA Cosmic stuff, I'm re-reading that ATM).

DC need their own Kevin Feige badly. It's so blatantly obvious that the higher-ups don't give a shit about the source material beyond its revenue potential, nor do they recognise the talent required to make shit work. I feel like if Feige was pushing DC's movie efforts they'd have made a JLA movie by now, and it'd have Kyle as the Green Lantern and they'd be planning a Lobo movie directed by John McTiernan and just crazy shit like that.

Ah well. This is all leading towards a Snyder-directed JLA film and holy shit hahaha

Hystzen

tumblr_mmq6vfePtc1qgcra2o1_500.gif

Leave BEN ALONE

DC need their own Kevin Feige badly. It's so blatantly obvious that the higher-ups don't give a shit about the source material beyond its revenue potential, nor do they recognise the talent required to make shit work. I feel like if Feige was pushing DC's movie efforts they'd have made a JLA movie by now, and it'd have Kyle as the Green Lantern and they'd be planning a Lobo movie directed by John McTiernan and just crazy shit like that.

Ah well. This is all leading towards a Snyder-directed JLA film and holy shit hahaha

I think the current key difference between the two, in the majority of media, is that Marvel lets you have more leeway. Just looking at the comics, you wouldn't get a Hawkeye or Avengers Arena-style book at DC. Everything they do is forced through this one mould, and you end up with a ton of blandness. I miss the DC that published Secret Six, the Grayson/Damian team and Power Girl.

Even within the MCU, the films all have their own identity within the universe. They're really pushing where the Marvel brand can go with the SHIELD TV show (terrific that it's on Channel 4 for at least the first few seasons) and Guardians of the Galaxy, using the goodwill they've earned from the audience as leverage.

I'd like Kyle to be the movie GL too, but it basically has to be John or you end up with a whitewashed Justice League. A Lobo movie by John McTiernan would be spectacular.

Yeah, current DC (from an outsider, not-really-a-comics-buyer perspective) does seem rather too committed to the New 52 branding. Everything ends up looking kinda... samey. I'm not overly fond of the core Marvel stuff either, Bendis Avengers and that, but like you say, there's still Hawkguy and the like. (And Hawkeye was in the most successful comic book film ever, so it's not like Marvel are only daring to take chances on G-list heroes.) There's identity in everything that they do ...well, besides the cartoons, which are becoming woefully homogenised.

I suspect Cyborg will probably end up in a JLA movie, so I don't know if John would show up. I think he should; I remember a few confused faces when Green Lantern came out and the star was a white guy. The JLU cartoon had a lasting impact, for sure. But I'd personally have Kyle. Or Guy Gardner, but that's maybe pushing it.

Hystzen

Is it wrong that I enjoy watching Ultimate Spider-Man my brain exploded with the Deadpool episode due to I always viewing the show as more Deadpool like anyway.

Fuck the new Lobo design.

I haven't platinumed a game because I have a short attention span.

Just watched Sinister. Promising start, some good scares, but totally predictable and shit ending.

Is it wrong that I enjoy watching Ultimate Spider-Man my brain exploded with the Deadpool episode due to I always viewing the show as more Deadpool like anyway.

I liked the Spider-Ham episode.

Fuck the rest. BRING BACK EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES. They had Ms Marvel and Black Panther. Fuck the Falcon.

Hystzen

I liked the Spider-Ham episode.

Fuck the rest. BRING BACK EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES. They had Ms Marvel and Black Panther. Fuck the Falcon.

I enjoy the interactions with team mates plus Sam/Nova has perfect dick mode enabled all time.

Then I get said when see Iron Fist because that could be a easy and epic film to make

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
So this Ben Affleck-Batman thing. Is this for the superman/batman movie where they wanted an older tougher batman?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
its for Man Of Steel 2 they just wanted a 40+ Batman

I think Affleck might be a bit too good looking for a veteran crime fighter who has been through some shit, but he's an alright actor.

Hystzen

I think Affleck might be a bit too good looking for a veteran crime fighter who has been through some shit, but he's an alright actor.

If they let him keep the beard it be awesome, I have faith he be solid with role as long he not directed to copy Bale and let to his own version.

Plus I would still have a fight over people saying he was shit in Daredevil he was awesome the rest not that great but far from worst comic book film

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
If they let him keep the beard it be awesome, I have faith he be solid with role as long he not directed to copy Bale and let to his own version.

Plus I would still have a fight over people saying he was shit in Daredevil he was awesome the rest not that great but far from worst comic book film

Some facial hair, a couple of faint facial scars and a tired, but unrelenting look in his eyes is what they need.

And a batman voice that doesn't sound like complete arse.

NinjaBoiX

Holy shit Fun House is on Challenge TV! Aww it's just finished.

Never mind, next up is Knightmare!!!
Fun House is actually a whole lot lamer than I remember.

The go-karts aren't as cool as I remember.

The prizes aren't as good as I remember.

The twins aren't as hot as I remember.

Pat's hair though? Timeless. Glorious stuff.

SmokyDave

The missus has introduced me to Gossip Girl.

It's the worst thing I've ever seen on TV, but goddamn Kaylee DeFer is fine. All kinds of fine.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah it's grey and cold here too. Stupid weather.
Yeah, not just that either. It's my daughters birthday tomorrow and we're having a party today (albeit inside, so the weather isn't too much of a problem) but I wanted to avoid any sort of argument with my 'baby mama' but we just had a row and urgh. I hate arguing in general but I hate it even more with her.

Yeah, not just that either. It's my daughters birthday tomorrow and we're having a party today (albeit inside, so the weather isn't too much of a problem) but I wanted to avoid any sort of argument with my 'baby mama' but we just had a row and urgh. I hate arguing in general but I hate it even more with her.

Ah that's not good. Hope you can both put your differences aside for her sake.

Symphonia

Banned
Ah that's not good. Hope you can both put your differences aside for her sake.
The wheels are already in motion. I think I've pretty much got it sorted (I can see why I got promoted, I'm an awesome negotiator) but, yeah, it would be nice to have an argument-free day on our daughters birthday.

Darren870

Crap weather out today. Perfect day for some errands, some cleaning....and maybe I will play a game! Haven't played in months.

Probably wont as I've got a lot to do around the flat today.

NinjaBoiX

Lush sleep, sun is out up here.

Suck it you whiny southerners!

Shorty good on you, best of luck. Have some 8-bit smiles.
Glorious. Nostalgia buzz and joyful melodies combine to make good wake up music. Literally bouncing around my bedroom here!

*Shorty crushing hard*

zgVhiET.jpg

I know that feel bro!

Darren, have you got TLoU yet? I played it for like two hours last night, it's as incredible as you've been told my friend.

Play that shit!

Edit: Cyanide, good luck with the party fella. Keep conversation light with the baby mama, keep your cool, today is not the day to upset the apple of your eye now is it!

Symphonia

Banned
Cyanide, good luck with the party fella. Keep conversation light with the baby mama, keep your cool, today is not the day to upset the apple of your eye now is it!
Cheers, pal, it's all been sorted. Me and the baby mama never seem to stay mad at each other for long for some reason. I guess it's kinda cool having such a close friendship with her.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Mad wae it?

Indeed my man, Looking forward to my first beer later. My morning joint is starting to ware off and the chip van has just pulled up outside my house.

My Saturday is going perfect so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom