• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
They have those? o_O

Well they charge differently for different kinds of prostitutes over there. Hair colour, facial scarring, drug users, bra size, etc. It's a varied market over there. You could spend between €50 - €500 on a prostitute based on her qualities alone. It's weird to have a market like that, but I guess that's what happens when you legalise it. The government taxes it and as such there are different qualities you can go for, like how in Canada you can get free medical care at a free clinic but also have health insurance + paid doctors and shit.

SteveWD40

When I went on a Stag do to "The Dam" I found that of the 15 or so guys that went only 1 actually managed to get what he paid for, the rest couldn't get it up due to beer / pressure / drugs of various types.

I didn't indulge, had just met a girl and didn't want to get bad aids, but I was tempted at points, some of the girls are stunning.

NinjaBoiX

When I went on a Stag do to "The Dam" I found that of the 15 or so guys that went only 1 actually managed to get what he paid for, the rest couldn't get it up due to beer / pressure / drugs of various types.

I didn't indulge, had just met a girl and didn't want to get bad aids, but I was tempted at points, some of the girls are stunning.
"Bad AID's" made me lol for some reason.

Are you going to go for it Mike? Get yourself laid?

Mikeside

What kind of prostitute are you gonna get at the Build-A-Prostitute station?

I've got my heart set on a blue-skinned tentacle monster, so fingers crossed.

Are you going to go for it Mike? Get yourself laid?

I've actually been wrestling with the decision for a while & unfortunately my only answer is "I have no idea".

Personally, I judge people who have done it. I don't really know why, it's probably just my upbrining. So on one hand, I don't want to do it because I think of it as morally wrong. On the other hand it makes me want to do it because I ALSO think there's nothing morally wrong with it (in a legal environment where by all accounts it's actually a career-choice and not a way to afford heroin).

The other side of it is that I've only had sex outside of being in a major relationship once & even then it was a pretty emotionally-heavy holiday fling. Casual sex is something I've never done & something I've never really been interested in. You can't get more casual than shagging a prozzie, so why would I be interested?
Counter argument: I really need to break the cycle of falling into emotionally unstable relationships with girls who seem to need constant validation from me (and to a lesser extent, I think, I need emotional and sexual validation from them) & finding sexual fulfilment outside of one might be the wakeup call I need to not fall back into that trap.

Bit of a minefield. I know a couple of the other guys are going to, but there's obviously not pressure to "be one of the lads" and do it, because I don't hang out with douchebags.

I guess I'll find out this weekend.
Musha might be off the hook, eh?

Mike I think you should have a frank and open debate on the merits of the sex worker industry with your chosen lady of the night before you agree to knob her or not. One of your heads might be in it, but the other doesn't sound like it will be.

SteveWD40

I know a couple of the other guys are going to, but there's obviously not pressure to "be one of the lads" and do it, because I don't hang out with douchebags.

This was the best part of when I went, it was an older crowd (I was 25, they were mostly 30+) and everyone did their own thing, I don't do drugs, smoke but I do drink so that was all I did, no one gave a fuck. Great atmosphere when it's like that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Someone explain giffgaff to me. It sounds promising, but I want some details.

get a sim card. top it up with £10 get a bunch of minutes, data and texts for 30 days. rinse and repeat.

Very affordable way to get lots of data without the bind of a contract.

However, those 'buckets' (as they call them) do run out after 30 days. Like most operators that do these kinds of offers.

I recently bought my son a lumia 520 and a three 321 sim. 3p per minute for phone calls, 2p per text message and 1p per meg of data. Importantly, that doesn't expire after 30 days. So you top up £10 and just use it as quickly/slowly as you like. For him, who will use it on and off, that is a better deal even than giffgaf

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've got my heart set on a blue-skinned tentacle monster, so fingers crossed.

I've actually been wrestling with the decision for a while & unfortunately my only answer is "I have no idea".

Personally, I judge people who have done it. I don't really know why, it's probably just my upbrining. So on one hand, I don't want to do it because I think of it as morally wrong. On the other hand it makes me want to do it because I ALSO think there's nothing morally wrong with it (in a legal environment where by all accounts it's actually a career-choice and not a way to afford heroin).

The other side of it is that I've only had sex outside of being in a major relationship once & even then it was a pretty emotionally-heavy holiday fling. Casual sex is something I've never done & something I've never really been interested in. You can't get more casual than shagging a prozzie, so why would I be interested?
Counter argument: I really need to break the cycle of falling into emotionally unstable relationships with girls who seem to need constant validation from me (and to a lesser extent, I think, I need emotional and sexual validation from them) & finding sexual fulfilment outside of one might be the wakeup call I need to not fall back into that trap.

Bit of a minefield. I know a couple of the other guys are going to, but there's obviously not pressure to "be one of the lads" and do it, because I don't hang out with douchebags.

I guess I'll find out this weekend.
Musha might be off the hook, eh?

Mike. Bro. Do it for the story if nothing else. Even if you're a two-pump and done loser when it happens, that would make the story even better. If I was single I'd totes do it. Life is all about the story.

The no-kissing thing would bother me though, I have a classic Freudian oral fixation, so anything to do with my mouth is a big thing in sex. Leaving my mouth out of it would be odd.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've become the butt of jokes of my family after completely crashing at my uncle's birthday. Been having bad nights since I've not slept on a proper bed since I've been here so after puking who knows how much wine in a bathroom sink, which didn't completely go down the plughole, I apparently gave up trying and just got a bit of shut eye until the door burst open who knows how long later. Everyone was looking at me because the bus was about to leave so if they hadn't found me I may have been left behind. Guess I'll have to be careful with the drinks from now on.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
In 48 hours I'll be in Amsterdam.
That is all.

Lucky man, Your post makes me jelly beyond anything lol, First thing i will be booking when i get a wage from a job if i ever get one!

Place is a magical quality place.

If we invade syria i will forever love david Cameron,

_69502255_69495013.jpg

Getting some churchill vibes.

Mikeside

This was the best part of when I went, it was an older crowd (I was 25, they were mostly 30+) and everyone did their own thing, I don't do drugs, smoke but I do drink so that was all I did, no one gave a fuck. Great atmosphere when it's like that.

I'm surprised you went to Amsterdam as a non-smoker. Isn't it crazy expensive to drink out there?
Glad you had a good time regardless.

Mike I think you should have a frank and open debate on the merits of the sex worker industry with your chosen lady of the night before you agree to knob her or not. One of your heads might be in it, but the other doesn't sound like it will be.

I can imagine nothing more horrific than having that conversation. Does that say something awful about me?

Mike. Bro. Do it for the story if nothing else. Even if you're a two-pump and done loser when it happens, that would make the story even better. If I was single I'd totes do it. Life is all about the story.

The no-kissing thing would bother me though, I have a classic Freudian oral fixation, so anything to do with my mouth is a big thing in sex. Leaving my mouth out of it would be odd.

The 'no kissing' rule is an actual thing? Bullshit. That makes this even easier to pass up on.

I think I'm coming back from Amsterdam with guymen intact.

Had a friend who went to the same lady three different times in one night. Dude was in love.

IamMikeside said:
I'm surprised you went to Amsterdam as a non-smoker. Isn't it crazy expensive to drink out there?

In 2005, I spent 21 euro on two double vodka red bulls. Never again! xD

At the very least, check out the banana show Mike. You won't regret it. :3

Mikeside

Had a friend who went to the same lady three different times in one night. Dude was in love.

In 2005, I spent 21 euro on two double vodka red bulls. Never again! xD

At the very least, check out the banana show Mike. You won't regret it. :3

curiosity piqued
what's the banana show?

NinjaBoiX

So I just reset my phone. We'll see how it goes!

That fucking error message has disappeared and it's running a lot faster.

Fingers crossed.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The 'no kissing' rule is an actual thing? Bullshit. That makes this even easier to pass up on.

I think I'm coming back from Amsterdam with guymen intact.

Wel my only experience with prostitution is watching Pretty Woman when I was like 12 so I dunno, maybe you can kiss amsterdam hooers. Find out, post results!

SteveWD40

It was a friends stag do, best man chose the venue, some of them smoked / did coke etc... I would just say "not tonight thanks" if offered any, saves discussions, as for drinks, can't remember, this was 2005 and I was flush so they might have been /shrug.

I did win a 15 man game of Spoof though, loser had to buy us all a round, he looked sick when we all decided to have shots with it :D

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, I still think I'm going to get an iPhone.

It's a little better after resetting it (no error message, I can open the Play store, um, that's about it!) It's still slow to respond, I still can't watch YT, and it's still generally just being a fucking pain in the arse!

Thanks for your help Mike, but nah, I'm still dropping Android. We just don't get on.

Note: I'm sure it's a very capable OS all you touchy fanboys. I just personally think it's garbage in terms of what I need it for.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

It's a little better after resetting it (no error message, I can open the Play store, um, that's about it!) It's still slow to respond, I still can't watch YT, and it's still generally just being a fucking pain in the arse!

Thanks for your help Mike, but nah, I'm still dropping Android. We just don't get on.

Note: I'm sure it's a very capable OS all you touchy fanboys. I just personally think it's garbage in terms of what I need it for.

one of us! one of us!

Symphonia

Banned

The phone I had before I made the change to Apple was a Sony Erricson K880i and that thing was my baby. Sure, it was never up to scratch with the smartphones at the time but I loved it. Then one day it stopped working and I tried an iPhone and...I never looked back. I have a feeling you'll be the same, Ninja.

Like Jed has said - one of us, one of us.

NinjaBoiX

iOS just works. It's as simple as that.

I don't expect much from this thing, it just won't play the game! It's going to cost me £90 to upgrade early, but I can get £110 for this phone.

It's a no brainer.

I get to be part of the iPhone clique now.

Baaa.

Jordan

Just to clarify for those not aware, Cyanide's iPhone is running iOS7 which is due for release next month. The current interface looks a bit lame compared to that. But I totally agree with what Cyanide is saying, a decent wallpaper can make the phone just look beautiful, but any phone can do that.

I love iOS for the simplicity, I love the fact it links with my iPad so I can actually message other iPhone users through that when I'm just chilling on the pad. I hope one day they can actually integrate full texting through it, but that's pushing it. I love that when I get (eventually) my macbook air or pro that it will all link together so seamlessly, all my photos on my phone instantly appearing on the macbook, no arsing around plugging in.

I am in no way shape or form an Apple fan boy, I have used every single mainstream phone OS and computer OS, and as I use Windows on a daily basis that's my OS of choice for computers, but if I was to get a laptop which will be for browsing and very light gaming the OSX is what I want. Apple just make things clean, no fucking around, you get what you pay for and that is a good working quality.

NinjaBoiX

One more thing about iOS, I can use the YT desktop site straight out of the box right? That's a huge thing for me, I need my full fat YT!

What happened with iOS and flash support? It never used to work, did they patch it in with a recent update? I know Adobe stopped supporting Android a while back, did they just switch sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom