• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late Mike.

Glad you enjoyed it Ninj. It's been a while since I read it, so Jed or Mike will probably be better placed to answer your questions. Bonus man points for not crying though.

Edit: Anyone else been getting really turned on by some of the stuff in the sexy stories thread?

NinjaBoiX

Too late Mike.

Glad you enjoyed it Ninj. It's been a while since I read it, so Jed or Mike will probably be better placed to answer your questions. Bonus man points for not crying though.
I got a little lump in my throat when
she snuggled up to her mother on her death bed,
not gonna lie.

Barbara smiled! She properly smiled!

:D

It's a really heart-warming story at the end.

Also, did you get EG Expo tickets in the end? I'm there Friday afternoon with Mike, but that's it.

Edit:Haha, Musha and her smut! ;) Loves it.

That SquiddyCracker has quite the active imagination right?

Jordan

Also, did you get EG Expo tickets in the end? I'm there Friday afternoon with Mike, but that's it.

I am there on Friday so I will have to have a short catch up with you :)

Edit: I started reading some of those stories and I'm at work... bad idea Jordan... I'll read some of them at lunch time, may even contribute.

Mikeside

I got a little lump in my throat when
she snuggled up to her mother on her death bed,
not gonna lie.

Barbara smiled! She properly smiled!

:D

It's a really heart-warming story at the end.

Edit:Haha, Musha and her smut! ;) Loves it.

That SquiddyCracker has quite the active imagination right?

I thought you had a Sunday ticket too?

Jordan

Why a short catch up? You not hanging around?

I'm with a friend on the Friday, so meeting random people for a long catch up is out of the question as I don't want to neglect friend. Plus, there's gaming and drooling to be done.

We can have a proper catch up on the Saturday night though :)

Jordan

Morning! It's IT Induction day here at my workplace which means things will be long periods of boredom followed by short (hopefully) periods of changing shitloads of passwords.

I remember those days. We used to have Year 7s and 11s in together for their first days, sort of to get like the newbies to know who some of the students are and to make bonds and shit. By the afternoon was spent giving the students their usernames and passwords as well as taking their fucking finger print. It was the most painful thing I have ever done.
"Place your right index finger on to the reader for me please. Yes, that's your right index finger. Take it off for me please, and place it back on. Now the same with your other hand" *Student uses middle finger of right hand* "SERIOUSLY?!" *I bang head repeatedly against desk*

Then the day after was all of the other students running in... "Sir, I forgot my password." Yet all of the teachers could change their passwords and they just wanted to get out of lessons. It drove me fucking nuts.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah I got Sunday afternoon tickets
Good work fräulein!

tumblr_mhadhojPvh1s3749jo1_500.gif

Mornin', folks.

Only hard coffee and even harder rock shall see me through this day.
What a combo. Nothing like a coffee so good that the smell alone gives you a kick up the arse!

Primo coffee
Primo weed

Two of the best smells in the world. I just walked passed a flat on my way to this school, and the cannabis smell drifting out was just heavenly. I stopped for a few seconds to get a good noseful, so good.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What a combo. Nothing like a coffee so good that the smell alone gives you a kick up the arse!

Primo coffee
Primo weed

Two of the best smells in the world. I just walked passed a flat on my way to this school, and the cannabis smell drifting out was just heavenly. I stopped for a few seconds to get a good noseful, so good.

You are a man of both taste and style. Although, you realise that when I said "hard rock", I actually meant "crack".

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know like 50%+ of my staff's passwords because they never changed them from the default. What's funnier is when I'm solving a problem for them that requires a restart they wait for me to type in their password on the login screen.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm at a sixth form college, so they don't call me "sir". In fact most of the time they just grunt "forgot password" or something.

I went from a 6th Form to a nice private school, it's great having all the boys call me Sir, I feel important for a change.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Ninja, you can pick up the Nexus 4 for £159 now. Save your dignity!

Danj

I was being a bit optimistic. The things said to me:
Sir, Jordan, Oi, Cunt, Er. Mr *****, Jord,

Thankfully I don't get "oi" or "cunt", I can report them if they do something like that. I have had "er" and "excuse me" as well as "are you Dan" this morning. No, I'm not Dan, I'm just sitting next to this sign saying DAN JACKSON IT SERVICES with a badge saying DAN JACKSON IT SERVICES for my health.

NinjaBoiX

Ninja, you can pick up the Nexus 4 for £159 now. Save your dignity!
Yeah, I just saw the thread.

To be fair, my main bone of contention was full fat YT, and you can't get that on either apparently. I'm still getting an iPhone though, this thing is driving me up the wall!

Even typing this post, the cursor is dancing all over the screen, causing typos and shit. I just really can't be dealing with Android anymore!

I would say it's just a duff device, but my Nexus 7 was exactly the same. Sometimes you'd try and scroll up the page, and it'd just spaz out.

"FFS, I'm not asking you to launch a rocket! Why you no comply phone!"
Übermatik;78703485 said:
Day off and I'm just sat here thinking about things I could be doing.
Get nekkid, smother yourself in peanut butter and go dancing with the pigeons.

Jordan

Thankfully I don't get "oi" or "cunt", I can report them if they do something like that. I have had "er" and "excuse me" as well as "are you Dan" this morning. No, I'm not Dan, I'm just sitting next to this sign saying DAN JACKSON IT SERVICES with a badge saying DAN JACKSON IT SERVICES for my health.

Thinking about it, I think I met you at an Edugeek stand at BETT one year...

Cheers guys. Wasnt sure if THE ASDA or places like that had started getting better with trade-ins.

Poor CEX though, this jumble of rubbish games mixed in with Smackdown and Guitar Hero - no one will want to buy them.

Aw, sorry to hear that.

Aww, that sucks Musha. There'll be other opportunities I'm sure!

you didn't get it because you were over-qualified? thats lame bro.

Condolences, that sucks. Still, for every door that closes, another one revolves. Something like that.

Thanks guys, I was pretty bummed out earlier.

I wasn't even looking for another job, but the prospect of leaving made me think how I'm not enjoying my job now. I mean don't get me wrong, it's no where near as bad as the last one. I'm just a bit fed up of working for large corporations who don't value the cogs in the machine.

I may actually go and have a look around at what else is out there.

AutoDJ just picked 'Barbie Girl' at the station. Very tempting to turn off the power to the radio station. I know how.

Edit: Instead I went for the 'less get in trouble route' of hitting a big green button that made it play The Buzzcocks PROBLEM SOLVED

8bit

Knows the Score
Übermatik;78704897 said:
That's a waste of peanut butter!

Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdZs5PVcwBs

What's the BritGAF consensus on Mr. Aphex Twin?

Selected Ambient Works is brilliant, one of the most astounding albums I've ever heard (and reissued on Vinyl by R&S last week IIRC.) SAW II isn't as good. Richard D. James & I Care Because You Do are also great and would have made a fab double album. Drukqs should have been a single album. There's a lot to like in Chosen Lords / Analord too (credited as AFX).

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Can a mod please change this guy's name to DAN JACKSON IT SERVICES

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The guy who sits next to me at work brought in a bag of random sweets from his holiday, he just ate one before realising that the wrapper had Gremlins 2 on it, which came out in 1990. That sweet was probably 23 years old.

NinjaBoiX

Selected Ambient Works is brilliant, one of the most astounding albums I've ever heard (and reissued on Vinyl by R&S last week IIRC.) SAW II isn't as good. Richard D. James & I Care Because You Do are also great and would have made a fab double album. Drukqs should have been a single album. There's a lot to like in Chosen Lords / Analord too (credited as AFX).
Both great records. Selected Ambient Works II is pretty weak though.
Thanks guys, I was pretty bummed out earlier.

I wasn't even looking for another job, but the prospect of leaving made me think how I'm not enjoying my job now. I mean don't get me wrong, it's no where near as bad as the last one. I'm just a bit fed up of working for large corporations who don't value the cogs in the machine.

I may actually go and have a look around at what else is out there
Awesome, get your name out there!

Maybe you could try a new vocation? I mean, I know your experience and skill set is within property management, but maybe you could cook crystal meth or be a gun runner for the Russian Mafia or something?

We need some blue sky thinking here Soturi!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I tried man! I saw him at the Astoria just before they tore it down. He had a live drummer and it was literally the heaviest thing I have ever seen. Booming smashing drums, frantic bass, my jaw was on the floor. Get home, download some records. Thin, anaemic fuckin BORING records, I was so let down. Sounded like new age dreadlock hippie bullshit, drums with absolutely no body to them, bass sans bass, wtf? The greatest disparity between live awesomeness and recorded terribility I've ever experienced. I would jump at the chance to go to another show though.

lmao I get so aggro :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom