• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

And now we see who the real Pokemon fans are. I have no idea what any of those things mean. Though I am planning to jump in to the franchise with X & Y.
Yeah, I have zero frame of reference with that show. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Ash and Misty, I'm out!

I just saw a hot redhead in tight denim shorts to be honest.

PCH2Zks.gif

Symphonia

Banned
It's funny how OKCupid and Pokémon are both being discussed, because I had some lass visit my profile the other day. Naturally, I checked her out in return and, I won't lie, she was pretty cute. I read through her profile and there's a part of it that states she can name all 150 Pokémon. The nerd in me raged pretty hard at this. So I sent her a message saying 'You can name all 150 Pokémon!? Impressive - but I can name all 151 ;)' - shots fired?

And now we see who the real Pokemon fans are. I have no idea what any of those things mean. Though I am planning to jump in to the franchise with X & Y.

This upcoming gen of Pokemon is the first which has interested me since the first three. Though I never got to play a gen 3 game oddly enough. Can't wait to play Y!

Probably the best jumping on point in ages.

NinjaBoiX

So BB was awesome, but I have a question:

How did Jesse just realise that Walt switched his cigarette packets, like what, a few months after the fact? He had that whole moment of clarity at the side of the freeway, and I just didn't really get that whole bit. What specifically tipped him off about it by looking at the packet? I think I missed something...

Jordan

How did Jesse just realise that Walt switched his cigarette packets, like what, a few months after the fact? He had that whole moment of clarity at the side of the freeway, and I just didn't really get that whole bit. What specifically tipped him off about it by looking at the packet? I think I missed something...

He was searching for his bag of dope, and realised that it had been taken by Huell. Then it must of just hit him that Huell did the same thing previously just before the cigarette had 'disappeared'

My guess anyways.

he was looking for his drugs, hence patting his pockets. He realised the big guy must have taken them off him without him realising, and when he looked at his cigarette packet it hit him that the same thing happened with the poison cigarette

Edit: beaten like a wife that won't make her husband a sandwich. Dammit Jordan!

NinjaBoiX

He was searching for his bag of dope, and realised that it had been taken by Huell. Then it must of just hit him that Huell did the same thing previously just before the cigarette had 'disappeared'

My guess anyways.

he was looking for his drugs, hence patting his pockets. He realised the big guy must have taken them off him without him realising, and when he looked at his cigarette packet it hit him that the same thing happened with the poison cigarette

Edit: beaten like a wife that won't make her husband a sandwich. Dammit Jordan!
Oh right yeah,
it was Huell last time that happened too
, I forgot about that.

I did miss something!

Just moved some of my stuff back to my mum's place and like the fool I am, I brought all essentials except my mouse and keyboard...

So my job for the night has been gaffa taping bits of computer together to try and make something slightly usable. So far my hdmi input has wigged out so that it needs to be precise to 1nm otherwise I get no signal, my audio comes through some early 00s pack-in earphones that I've only just realised don't actually reach far enough for me to be comfortable so I have to hunch over like I'm trying to suck myself off, input is one of the oldest and most temperamental wireless keyboards (I have a wired one but it's a ps2 connection) known to man, a mouse that looks like it's wandered off a car boot sale in the country (an old ball mouse that's gone that disgusting browny, yellowy, grey old plastic colour), currently accessing the internet via usb tethering so I feel like I'm practically back on dial up...

I feel like I should be sat in gahigiddy's basement cave with this shit. Finding work and a new place to live can't come soon enough!

Africa isn't actually full of respawning soldiers so no, you can't live FC2 in real life.

You can roll a grenade down a hill just fine here in England.

Sorry Kent but if you like that new Eminem track then you are as deluded as any of the people in PopGAF stanning for artists like Ciara or Katy Perry.

What a disgusting mess. Rick Rubin clearly wasn't sleeping that day.

afoni

Banned
It's been a while since a game has kept me up until 6am in the morning. Who'd have thought the killer app for the Vita would be a remake?

I just hope they don't pull that shit with 5, making me buy it twice.

Afoni's going to bed as the rest of us are waking up. Living the life bro.

The weather is reflecting my mood this morning. Woke up in a funk, and I have to go to Birmingham. Uuugghhh.

Morning everyone, how was your bank holiday weekend?

When your father in law wakes up on the kitchen floor in the morning, you know you've had a good night.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Sorry Kent but if you like that new Eminem track then you are as deluded as any of the people in PopGAF stanning for artists like Ciara or Katy Perry.

"I Showed up with a coat fresher than fresh paint" This is the ultimate Eminem track because he's using so many styles. There is a lot going on and i can see why people are overwhelmed by it though.

I give it a few days till every car driving around is blasting it. Eminem tracks always go down well in scotland, Were a very stimulated nation.

NinjaBoiX

Morning peeps.

I purposely set my alarm for 7:45am, so I would miss the meeting this morning. But now I'm up, I have to decide whether to skip it or not.

Fuck it, they can stick the minutes in my ducket! I'm getting another half an hour in my warm, soft, quilted cacoon.
Afoni's going to bed as the rest of us are waking up. Living the life bro.

The weather is reflecting my mood this morning. Woke up in a funk, and I have to go to Birmingham. Uuugghhh.
What are you doing in Birmingham like?
Morning everyone, how was your bank holiday weekend?

When your father in law wakes up on the kitchen floor in the morning, you know you've had a good night.
Deets please.
I give it a few days till every car driving around is blasting it. Eminem tracks always go down well in scotland, Were a very stimulated nation.
Yeah, hence the obesity epidemic right?

Em has sucked balls for years now Kent. And he's also a sellout corporate shill at this point, flogging us video games and overpriced headphones.

Urgh, he wants to give his head a shake.

NinjaBoiX

Happy Birthday Lollipop Dave by the way!

Coldman, good luck with your interview today buddy.

Just visiting our Brummie office, doing a bit of training. At least it means it's not a full working day.

Cool. Field trip baby!

You have that meeting with that other company this week too right?

Kentpaul

Morning peeps.

I purposely set my alarm for 7:45am, so I would miss the meeting this morning. But now I'm up, I have to decide whether to skip it or not.

Fuck it, they can stick the minutes in my ducket! I'm getting another half an hour in my warm, soft, quilted cacoon.

What are you doing in Birmingham like?

Deets please.

Yeah, hence the obesity epidemic right?

Em has sucked balls for years now Kent. And he's also a sellout corporate shill at this point, flogging us video games and overpriced headphones.

Urgh, he wants to give his head a shake.

Not really, He was battling with addiction and had to come back and start from the start sober.

I'm just a fan of Eminem, I really dig his shit and have been for the last 12 years. I'm not even kidding i could spin encore from start to finish and enjoy every second, This does not make me a bad guy.

'bout to go ham, ya bish, shout out to Kendrick
Let's bring it back to that vintage Slim, bitch!
The art of the MCing mixed with da Vinci and MC Ren
And I don't mean Stimpy's friend, bitch
Been public enemy since you thought PE was gym, bitch

You bird brained baby I ain’t called anybody baby since Birdman
Unless you’re a swallow
Word, w-word man you heard, but don’t be discouraged girl
This is your jam, unless you got toe jam

So much good shit in this track, I'm going to enjoy listening to it all day.

Jordan

http://youtu.be/359na4NeaVA - For those who have still not heard it.

To be honest, this is the first time I've listened to the entire song and I do quite like it, but I cannot possible listen to another album if it is all like this. Lyrically, the guy is spot on but lay off the shouting man - go back to rapping.

NinjaBoiX

http://youtu.be/359na4NeaVA - For those who have still not heard it.

To be honest, this is the first time I've listened to the entire song and I do quite like it, but I cannot possible listen to another album if it is all like this. Lyrically, the guy is spot on but lay off the shouting man - go back to rapping.
That's exactly it. He just shouts angrily the whole time now, I can't be arsed with it. When he did it for effect on tracks like Kim, it really worked. But now he's in constant,"wah wah, woe is me, fuck the world" mode, and it's just really draining.

He was best as this nonchalant cheeky chappie, taking the piss out of celebs and cracking wise.

SSLP > MMLP...you know what, just release order. He just got progressively worse IMO.

Jordan

That's exactly it. He just shouts angrily the whole time now, I can't be arsed with it. When he did it for effect on tracks like Kim, it really worked. But now he's in constant,"wah wah, woe is me, fuck the world" mode, and it's just really draining.

He was best as this nonchalant cheeky chappie, taking the piss out of celebs and cracking wise.

SSLP > MMLP...you know what, just release order. He just got progressively worse IMO.

You forgot Infinite :p

Kentpaul

Lets not talk shit, He's not even shouting, hes just straight up raw spitting. The days of his recovery rage shouting is well behind him. This is more of a gym track, I'd like a more chilled single next time. His fly shady voice is slowly returning.

Dude must have got high on some blunt fumes in the studio before spitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU6AQIuf-go

GOAT

Deets please.

Nothing that exciting, me and the missus visited her parents for three nights over the weekend and Friday evening, myself, the father in law, sister in law and her boyfriend walked to the local drinking den/social club for a few drinks. Next thing I know me and the father in law are staggering back home in the early hours of the morning, we poured a nightcap and I drank mine before passing out in bed. The mother in law went downstairs in the morning to let the dogs out and she found her husband on the kitchen floor.

Jordan

To be fair, in terms of albums I would say it goes:

1. The Slim Shady LP
  2. The Marshall Mathers LP
  3. Infinite
  4. Recovery
  5. The Eminem Show
  6. Encore
  7. Relapse

Recovery isn't terrible, he is getting back on track, there's not as much shouting and he is being lyrically clever. Relapse was terrible.

SmokyDave

I thought I'd moved on from Eminem after the last few albums, but the announcement of MMLP2 changed my mind. If it even approaches the greatness of the first two albums it'll earn a permanent spot on my MP3 player.

Jordan

I thought I'd moved on from Eminem after the last few albums, but the announcement of MMLP2 changed my mind. If it even approaches the greatness of the first two albums it'll earn a permanent spot on my MP3 player.

Why does everybody forget about Infinite, unless you're saying Infinite and The Slim Shady LP?

Kentpaul

Why does everybody forget about Infinite, unless you're saying Infinite and The Slim Shady LP?

It's because no one really knew about it till they got heavy into eminem, It's not exactly an album most eminem fans grew up with *cough MMLP, EMINEM SHOW* for me anyway.

Kentpaul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IhA6v6Ky2k

The part where eminem is arguing with the his inner demon in the track brings me to tears. All the poor cunt could do was drop valium and sleep away his troubles. It's such a shame and you guys should just lay of slim ;( I'm glad he's still releasing tracks because at the end of the day that's all he knows. His recovery tracks got hundreds of million's of views on youtube. His music will always have demand and a place in the rap world. There's no one quite like shady.

NinjaBoiX

Infinite was more like "the underground shit that you did with Skam". ;)

SS LP was his first real release, let's be honest. But I agree with Dave, SS and MMLP were great, I can do without the rest.

Kent, recommend me some good Em tracks from his later stuff with decent rhymes and a humorous tone. I don't want to discount him completely as I've not heard his latest records in their entirety. But all the singles have been him "wah wah wah"ing, not interested. Did I miss some gems that hark back to old school, funny cheeky Em?

Jordan

As much as it's a shouty track and he's being a whiny bitch.

There's one line in 'Cold Wind Blows' that always makes me chuckle

Eminem - Cold Wind Blows said:
Motherfucker, I'll show you pussyfooting, I'll kick a bitch in the cunt till it makes a queef and sounds like a fucking whoopy cushion

Infinite was the second album I discovered, thanks to the internet. Back when I was a little child with the internet and may have downloaded it - damn the lack of release here.

Kentpaul

Infinite was more like "the underground shit that you did with Skam". ;)

SS LP was his first real release, let's be honest. But I agree with Dave, SS and MMLP were great, I can do without the rest.

Kent, recommend me some good Em tracks from his later stuff with decent rhymes and a humorous tone. I don't want to discount him completely as I've not heard his latest records in their entirety. But all the singles have been him "wah wah wah"ing, not interested. Did I miss some gems that hark back to old school, funny cheeky Em?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT8ZqS1Nghs

An all round well made song suitable for any playlist, It's nothing to heavy and eminem's doing his old chilled flow. Can't really ask for anything better with this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8QEX0Rmm48

It could be from my bender at the weekend but fuck this track breaks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgT1AidzRWM

Eminem should make a emo album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzJsIlRkgnQ

My fucking empathy levels are going through the roof

Happy birthday Lollipop Dave!

GL Coldman!

Cool. Field trip baby!

You have that meeting with that other company this week too right?

Hmm, maybe, but after talking with my mate on Saturday she said they might be looking to go with someone younger and less experienced, basically more 'moldable'. I can be molded dammit! We'll see.

SmokyDave

Fucking Breaking Bad man. Fucking Breaking Bad.

Because Infinite only came my way via a dodgy bootleg so SSLP & MMLP were the first two albums I actually bought. For some reason that puts Infinite forever at the back of my mind.

SKINNER!

Banned

Apart from that super cringy rough first verse, if I heard this track on a nightout I'd be hyped up, hopping around like a mad man. No lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom