• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
There's no flash and there never will be. Doesn't really matter much these days as more and more sites are upgrading to HTML5. I expect it will be a relic of the web in about 10 years.

Best YouTube app is McTube Pro due to it's great and easy to use feature set as well as the ability to save videos straight to your phone but Apple pulled it for the same reason so it's only available to users who held on to the legacy app data (like me :D).
Went well. Seems like a good job. Excited. Scared. Will hear back later this week.
Semi-hard part is over. Now comes the challenge of the dreaded "wait" which I'm sure you're familiar with as a veteran of UCAS. We'll be here to saltybet binge wit ya and tell amusing anecdotes in celebration or commiseration when you hear back.

Jordan

One more thing about iOS, I can use the YT desktop site straight out of the box right? That's a huge thing for me, I need my full fat YT!

What happened with iOS and flash support? It never used to work, did they patch it in with a recent update? I know Adobe stopped supporting Android a while back, did they just switch sides?

5dJ5ws1.png

Just for you <3

Edit: However, after trying to load some of the videos it is failing. Quite miserably. (I just use the app)

Symphonia

Banned
One more thing about iOS, I can use the YT desktop site straight out of the box right? That's a huge thing for me, I need my full fat YT!
You can use both the site and the Youtube app. For some reason, some videos only load on the site while others only work on the app. It's weird like that. For convenience, and because the latest update is kinda kick ass, I prefer the app over the site.

What happened with iOS and flash support? It never used to work, did they patch it in with a recent update? I know Adobe stopped supporting Android a while back, did they just switch sides?
Apple still don't allow/like/support Flash for whatever reason. As Jordan mentioned, though, Flash will soon be a thing of the past as many sites are upgrading to HTML5 which, I believe, iOS does support.

NinjaBoiX

You can use both the site and the Youtube app. For some reason, some videos only load on the site while others only work on the app. It's weird like that. For convenience, and because the latest update is kinda kick ass, I prefer the app over the site.

Apple still don't allow/like/support Flash for whatever reason. As Jordan mentioned, though, Flash will soon be a thing of the past as many sites are upgrading to HTML5 which, I believe, iOS does support.
The problem with the app, is that it only shows like 30% of the content. Otherwise I'd obviously just use that, the android YT app is fine.

So at this point, I'm switching for a sexier phone and a slicker OS. Not so excited now...

How is the biggest media site in the world not fully supported on the two market leaders in mobile OS's? This is a travesty! Something should be done about it!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'd post the picture of my cat with a baby bunny caught in its mouth but it got away before I could take one. Probably for the best, I prefer her to not bring bleeding animals into the house. Nah, rabbits are cool. NSYNC looked like they seen better days aside from Justin.

Jordan

I'd post the picture of my cat with a baby bunny caught in its mouth but it got away before I could take one. Nah, rabbits are cool. NSYNC looked like they seen better days aside from Justin.

Yeah they looked a bit shit, but they had the routine down and and sounded fucking awesome. There is a link on MTV that allows you to watch a proper quality version but requires a US VPN (yay work)

NinjaBoiX

Jordan, you are most excellent.

I love it when she does that little shimmy thing with her hands out to the side, like she's in a 60's girl group or something.

Watch The Final Riot! dude, she's on fucking fire in that set.

jimbor

Banned
Found two tweets that caused a bit of trouble for me at work a few years back although in the end I got away scot free. I thought they were lost forever after a few name changes but after downloading my archive, all the links seem to work.

I got away scot free as it was out of work time referring to an out of work incident. Sailed close to the wind for a bit there. Good times.

Calling a manager a poisonous cunt and getting away with it is a wonderful feeling.

Jordan

Found two tweets that caused a bit of trouble for me at work a few years back although in the end I got away scot free. I thought they were lost forever after a few name changes but after downloading my archive, all the links seem to work.

I got away scot free as it was out of work time referring to an out of work incident. Sailed close to the wind for a bit there. Good times.

Calling a manager a poisonous cunt and getting away with it is a wonderful feeling.

I got really badly screwed at whilst working in the school, one of the students who was a little obsessed with me anyways found my twitter account and decided to follow me and tell some of her friends. One of the support staff overheard and ran to HR to bitch about me and how I am unprofessional for allowing a student to follow me... All in the time, I was actually working in the school having no clue that she had followed me until I got called into HR. I told the HR lady that whoever reported me was pathetic and needs to get a grasp on how twitter works and stormed out :D

xist

If you have games that are actually in demand or relatively new the best place to get real money back is via trading forums. However that's dependent on the games you're selling actually being wanted....CEX may not pay you what you want but they'll take your tat.

Jordan

Morning guys,

Mid-week (yay for bank holidays) - How is everybody doing?

I'm having a bit of an identity crisis these past few days. Wanting to change my entire image, whole new wardrobe, new style (swag) Has anybody done anything as drastic as this before? Is it worth it?

NinjaBoiX

Morning guys,

Schools all day, urgh.

No lates this week though, so I'm getting myself a flyer! Half 3 me thinks.

;)
Britgaf - wheres the best place to trade dem games? CEX has been good to me but not sure if its the best.
If you want money, CEX is definitely your best bet. Their cash value is only like 10-20% lower than their trade value. And they usually offer the most anyway.
Morning guys,

Mid-week (yay for bank holidays) - How is everybody doing?

I'm having a bit of an identity crisis these past few days. Wanting to change my entire image, whole new wardrobe, new style (swag) Has anybody done anything as drastic as this before? Is it worth it?
Nah, I've always had the same super fly style, which I why I still dress like a manchild. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I would say trying to "go for a new style" is probably not the way to go about it. Just buy clothes that you think look cool, and it'll just happen naturally. Don't try to make it a conscious decision, or it could end up looking a bit contrived.

I finished I Kill Giants last night, I really enjoyed it. I didn't cry though; sorry Jed you big wuss! (It's cute that Musha cried though. Awww!)

But there were a few things I didn't really get:

There was a little hammer symbol in the corner of the frame occasionally. What was that about? I mean, I know it was Coveleski, but it looked like a sticker or something. I wasn't sure what that meant.

What was the deal with the Titan? It didn't come for Barbara's mother, it came for Barbara. But Barbara thought if she beat it, her mother wouldn't die. So she beat it. Then her mother died. Then the Titan comes back to check on her at the end? I got the feeling that there was some symbolism involved there, but it flew right over my head! Was it meant to be her mother? Her killing it was meant to be symbolic of her having the inner strength to let her mother go, and move on or something?

The fairies were entirely in Barbara's head right? I just wasn't quite sure what their relevance was, they just seemed to occupy a few frames here and there. Just imaginary friends I guess?

Also, the art was really nice, but it confused matters at times, being so sketchy. The rooms in Barbara's house seemed interchangeable to me; I often couldn't tell where she was meant to be sometimes. I also wasn't sure who was meant to be who occasionally, from a distance it was often just a figure with hair of some sort!

The dialogue was great though, really sassy, and amusing.

Enjoyable read! I'm going to read Wanted next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom