• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT8ZqS1Nghs

An all round well made song suitable for any playlist, It's nothing to heavy and eminem's doing his old chilled flow. Can't really ask for anything better with this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8QEX0Rmm48

It could be from my bender at the weekend but fuck this track breaks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgT1AidzRWM

Eminem should make a emo album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzJsIlRkgnQ

My fucking empathy levels are going through the roof
Cool Kent, I'll check these out when I get home.
Hmm, maybe, but after talking with my mate on Saturday she said they might be looking to go with someone younger and less experienced, basically more 'moldable'. I can be molded dammit! We'll see.
Aww, that's not what you want to hear!

Well I've got my fingers crossed for you anyway.

So what is everyone's favourite Em track? I'd probably say "Cum on Everybody", I love the bassline and the female backing vocals. Plus it has maybe my favourite Em lyric:

"I got bitches on my dock out in East Detroit,
'Cos they think that I'm a motherfuckin' Beastie Boy,
I told 'em I was Mike D,
They was like, "gee, I don't know, he might be!"

SmokyDave

So what is everyone's favourite Em track?

Bad Meets Evil, I think. That's the one that popped into my head when I read the question.

My favourite lyric is easily "grab a knife by the blade and stab you with the fuckin' handle" from 'Under The Influence'. That's a fucking corker of a one-liner.

SmokyDave

me and the gf chocked up when Walt hugs Jesse...poor fucker, his two father figures and one kills the other and manipulates him constantly

Yup, that was a killer. My missus is three seasons behind me so we're not getting to share these moments :(

I'm rapidly starting to think that BB might take the crown from 'The Sopranos' and 'The Wire' as the greatest thing ever broadcast. It's just non-stop tension.

SKINNER!

Banned
So what is everyone's favourite Em track?

Can't pick just one so I'll go with favourite from each album

SSLP: Rock Bottom, Brain Damage
MMLP:Amityville and Criminal. Fav single: Stan.
Eminem Show: Sing for the Moment
Encore: Mosh
Relapse: Careful What You Wish For. If bonus tracks aren't allowed then "Beautiful"
Recovery: Space Bound, Going Through Changes.

NinjaBoiX

Bad Meets Evil, I think. That's the one that popped into my head when I read the question.

My favourite lyric is easily "grab a knife by the blade and stab you with the fuckin' handle" from 'Under The Influence'. That's a fucking corker of a one-liner.
Good choice, funny fucking track!

"And when I go to hell and I'm gettin ready to leave,
I'ma put air in a bag and charge people to breathe,"

Genius.
If I Had from the SSLP. I like introspective broke Em.
Ooh, I love this track. As you say, he gets all deep and shit, but it doesn't come across as corny.
They'd be fools to not take you on.
I don't know dude, it sounds like she's maybe too experienced and over-qualified. It's quite a common thing, my place has refused very capable apprentices due to being over experienced/skilled/qualified.

It may sound daft on the face of it, but some places just prefer a relatively blank slate, as Musha said, "to mold" into an employee they want. That's a lot harder to do if they already have a body of knowledge and systems of work to draw from.

Edit: Good choices Shorty!

SteveWD40

Yup, that was a killer. My missus is three seasons behind me so we're not getting to share these moments :(

I'm rapidly starting to think that BB might take the crown from 'The Sopranos' and 'The Wire' as the greatest thing ever broadcast. It's just non-stop tension.

I always thought The Sopranos was over-rated and went on far too long. I feel The Wire and Breaking Bad are sort of on their own in terms of: they had a vision, a story they wanted to tell and it would last 5 seasons and no more.

Sure, BB might not have started that way but even the Wire may not have been renewed after S1 if it had failed.

Unlike most US shows which will drag on and on until they wither these two said "this is our story, you want more: fanfic it".

I feel The Wire will stand alone as not just great TV, but an incredible social commentary on human nature, corruption, failures of systems and overall: hope.

BB is more entertaining though, and per episode it packs far more in, I could never get Jen into The Wire as you sort of have to watch them 3 at a time and in quick succession to stay in the story.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
If we're talking about Eminem then we should broaden the subject out to B'Witched and One Direction and other music made for children.

Mikeside

If we're talking about Eminem then we should broaden the subject out to B'Witched and One Direction and other music made for children.

I think it was B*Witched, actually. And they were shit, but not One Direction levels of shit.

You guys, catch me up on the last few days of the thread.

SteveWD40

Right, I am calling it now: Boddingtons had the best marketing department of all time:

Gondolas

Cream

Ice Cream truck

Role Play

There are more as well, maybe it's because I am a manc but I fucking love the juxtaposition of high end products advertising and the manc accents.

Shame they closed the brewery here, now they can't advertise or something.

TCRS

Banned
BSbMZncCQAAj8DY.jpg:large

link3vj4.jpg

NinjaBoiX

I thought All Saints and Sugababes put out some pretty decent, fairly cool pop music.

Yup, I ain't even mad.

In other news, I'm abandoning Android altogether eventually this week (maybe next) and selling this fucking poxy POS phone. Android is just so bad, so slow, so unresponsive. Urgh, this phone makes me physically angry at least twice a day.

iOS here I come!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
what's it called when a film is directed really well using cool artstyles and unique shit

I dont think its cinematography, help guise

Rubbish King

I thought All Saints and Sugababes put out some pretty decent, fairly cool pop music.

Yup, I ain't even mad.

In other news, I'm abandoning Android altogether eventually this week (maybe next) and selling this fucking poxy POS phone. Android is just so bad, so slow, so unresponsive. Urgh, this phone makes me physically angry at least twice a day.

iOS here I come!

it's only like that if you fucked it up

^_^

Notts lass and I fucking demolished my jungle of a garden on Sunday. Haven't touched it for a year and brought it down to pretty damn respectable levels! Didn't realize there was a footpath in the back as well xD

iOS here I come!

screen-shot-2010-01-30-at-10-22-29-am.png

The cult of Jobs welcomes you.

Ah MMLP2? Hopefully he's back to form with this one. I was almost kicked out of uni because of "Kill You," lol.

xist

Went to Frightfest at the Empire in Leicester Square for the first time yesterday (was a fill in for a sick person). The thought of watching films from around 11 in the morning until 11 in the evening filled me with a degree of trepidation but it turned out to be fine, mostly because i was with an accomplished 'fester. Films i saw -

Dark Touch - a somewhat mediocre Irish film about an abused girl with mostly uncontrollable Telekinesis. It wasn't that interesting...
Banshee Chapter - this was it's first showing in 3D which wasn't really necessary. 'twas based around the idea of government conspiracies about drug testing and MK-Ultra, and the somewhat sinister effects of a drug that ends up "disappearing" those who take it. It was fine, much better than the first film.
Odd Thomas - don't think this has a license for UK general release. Based on Dean Koontz's character and starring Anton Yelchin, it's nothing you won't have seen before (good guy can see dead people and stops evil) but it had a charm about it that i enjoyed...i'd watch it again but i can see how people might find it clichéd.
We Are What We Are - remake of a mexican film from 2010. Shot and scored well, well acted it was a dark tale plump full of atmosphere about a weird family and some unexplained deaths. To say more would ruin it but it was pretty good.
Big Bad Wolves - as the last film of the day, and being an Israeli film (and thus subbed) i feared the worst. Turned out to be great, a darkly comic tale about the attempts to capture a child killer by the police.

If you get the chance to see any of the above (bar maybe the first and Odd Thomas if you can't handle same old same old) then take the opportunity. Having never watched more than two films in a day i can safely say that a film festival wasn't that bad at all...although i felt wrecked by the time i got home.

Mikeside

android is great but you need to do a bit of housekeeping to keep it running well & if you get lumbered with a shit spec phone then you'll always be behind the curve on speed and usability

afoni

Banned

If they don't fuck up the landing, it'll probably be held up as one of the best pieces of television ever written. More so than it already is.

Afoni's going to bed as the rest of us are waking up. Living the life bro.

I got about 4 hours of sleep and now I need to work for the rest of the day. Got a duck wrap triple pack from Tesco though, so that's always good.

What's for lunch, BritGAF?

NinjaBoiX

what's it called when a film is directed really well using cool artstyles and unique shit

I dont think its cinematography, help guise
I dunno, art direction?
it's only like that if you fucked it up

^_^
Nah, all I have on there is four different browsers, and that's only because you need to use a specific one for each task! It's a joke mate, I'm so done with it.

My tablet, I reset it back to blank, updated the firmware, and it was still slow and unresponsive. Couldn't even get YT to work on it at all, even after asking ANDROID GAF for help in a thread.

The way I see it, if you are technically minded and want to tweak your phone to your own style, it might be worth dealing with the poorly optimised OS, but if all you want is Web browsing, photos and phone calls, iOS is the way forward. It's so much faster and smoother.

I can't wait till I never have to use an Android device again. It's not like me to get so bent out of shape about tech, but seriously, no matter how simple the task, Android will find some way of fucking it up in my experience.

I've got another year before I can ditch my phone/contract.

Never going on a 12/24 month contract ever again once this one is finished, I'll be moving to giffgaff for actual unlimited data and good benefits, seeing as most of my friends have already made the move.

Rubbish King

I dunno, art direction?

nah

Nah, all I have on there is four different browsers, and that's only because you need to use a specific one for each task! It's a joke mate, I'm so done with it.

My tablet, I reset it back to blank, updated the firmware, and it was still slow and unresponsive. Couldn't even get YT to work on it at all, even after asking ANDROID GAF for help in a thread.

The way I see it, if you are technically minded and want to tweak your phone to your own style, it might be worth dealing with the poorly optimised OS, but if all you want is Web browsing, photos and phone calls, iOS is the way forward. It's so much faster and smoother.

I can't wait till I never have to use an Android device again. It's not like me to get so bent out of shape about tech, but seriously, no matter how simple the task, Android will find some way of fucking it up in my experience.
Never had a problem with my S3, I'd say android has surpassed iOS on fluidity now, just gutted i twatted mine on the bosses car and now it is broken, never failed me once damnnit

NinjaBoiX

Never had a problem with my S3, I'd say android has surpassed iOS on fluidity now, just gutted i twatted mine on the bosses car and now it is broken, never failed me once damnnit
I don't know what you mean.

Things happen instantly on iOS, literally. Unless android have perfected psychic AI, I'm not sure how it could be better!

Besides, on the android devices I've used (Nexus 7, Note 1 and S3) there has been a definite lag in terms of response. But my phone is ridiculous now, it takes like a second or so to do anything! And this fucking "Google.apps has stopped working" message pops up every 10 minutes.

What the fuck is Google apps! I don't want it! Just fucking work damn you!

Rubbish King

Things happen instantly on iOS, literally. Unless android have perfected psychic AI, I'm not sure how it could be better!

Besides, on the android devices I've used (Nexus 7, Note 1 and S3) there has been a definite lag in terms of response. But my phone is ridiculous now, it takes like a second or so to do anything! And this fucking "Google.apps has stopped working" message pops up every 10 minutes.

grass is greener pal, gd luck innit

afoni

Banned
I bought a single can of Relentless earlier and there are about 10 empty cans on my bookcase. I found two unopened ones.

I think I need an intervention.

Mikeside

I've not had any of your problems, to be honest.
HTC Hero, Motorola Milestone, HTC Incredible S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus & Samsung Galaxy S3 phones and ASUS Transformer TF101 & Nexus 7 tablets.

I think Google Apps is the package containing Gmail, Play Store, Play Music, Maps etc. so obviously that's an issue.

My advice would be to backup with Titanium (or just onto your PC) then factory reset your phone. I've had to do the same when my GNex started to slow down (though it was nowhere near as bad as you're describing. If that doesn't work, give me a shout and we can run through putting a snappier ROM on it?

As for using multiple browsers to do different tasks - there's something abnormal there too. I've tried Dolphin HD, stock browser, Chrome and Firefox - each one did exactly what I wanted (which was a fucker because I still had to choose one to keep)

Going for a fisher-price phone Ninj? Fair enough man. Fair enough.

<3 <3

afoni

Banned
You know when your partner asks for something and you say yes without thinking it through?

I may have just done that, I now own a baby rabbit.

Rabbits have near 360 degrees of vision. That fucker will see everything you do.

EVERYTHING.

Edit: Oh shit, I'm a member now.

I completely forgot about this whole junior/member dynamic.

Someone explain giffgaff to me. It sounds promising, but I want some details.

You can change your package month to month depending on your usage. if you don't want to pay for a phone bill for a while (in my case I've had to pay for two months of my phone bill without having even used the SIM at £36/month), you can choose to do that too.

£12/month for 250 minutes, unlimited texts/data and free calls/texts to other giffgaff users is amazing and beats the shit out of any SIM-only offer provided by other networks.

f0rk

NinjaBoiX can't work a phone. Also SwiftKey just autocompleted Ninj to NinjaBoiX...

Someone explain giffgaff to me. It sounds promising, but I want some details.
It's a normal rolling monthly phone contract that is cheap. Nothing really weird about it.
The one downside is they say you can't tether on the unlimited plans by I have no idea how they police that

NinjaBoiX

Hey, thanks Mike! That's a lot of help.

All I want from a browser is SwiftKey and (full fat) desktop YT support. Dolphin will run YT (most of the time) but doesn't support SwiftKey. Chrome supports it, but it crashes every time I try to save an image or something. Boat is just lol, nothing seems to work! Photon, give me a break. The stock one does everything but YT, but it's very slow. I can't even open the Play store, it literally just crashes straight away.

I think I'll try that back up malarkey and try resetting the phone. It wasn't always this bad!

So run me through what I need to do to back up my stuff?

Thanks Mike, you may just solve my Android woes here buddy!
NinjaBoiX can't work a phone. Also SwiftKey just autocompleted Ninj to NinjaBoiX...
The amount of people who have said this. "Lol, noob don't know how to use his phone. Noob and stuff."

ceI6Xkf.gif

The amount of times "Hayley" comes up in my SwiftKey, I should be embarrassed.

But I'm not.

Mikeside

Hey, thanks Mike! That's a lot of help.

All I want from a browser is SwiftKey and (full fat) desktop YT support. Dolphin will run YT (most of the time) but doesn't support SwiftKey. Chrome supports it, but it crashes every time I try to save an image or something. Boat is just lol, nothing seems to work! Photon, give me a break. The stock one does everything but YT, but it's very slow. I can't even open the Play store, it literally just crashes straight away.

I think I'll try that back up malarkey and try resetting the phone. It wasn't always this bad!

So run me through what I need to do to back up my stuff?

Thanks Mike, you may just solve my Android woes here buddy!

So firstly get anything like photos and music, make sure they're on your PC or are somewhere other than your phone, at least.
Then install Titanium Backup from the play store (if the play store isn't working, you may have to skip this entirely). There should be a quick runthrough you can do on that to get everything saved. To be honest, I never use it - I'm happy to just start fresh each time as Google holds all my contact data & that's all I care to keep from build to build.

Once you're all backed up, go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory Reset Data.

Let that run through, then go through setting your phone up again.
I'd install SwiftKey first, then Chrome to see if it'll run it properly. If Chrome works, happy days. If Chrome won't run fat YT & SwiftKey (which I believe it will), try Firefox (what I'm currently using successfully with both.

Let me know how that goes & if you're back on track with speed of use & full functionality.

Out of interest, are you on an SGS3?

Speaking of phones I have just joined the future realm and got myself a smartphone, a Samsung S3 Mini.

Still trying to figure it out, I almost miss my old Nokia, I could drop it and literally put the number pad back in and have it working again, and when out on the raz no matter how drunk I was I could generally text well with physical buttons.

Now if I get drunk and try to communicate there's a high chance I'll accidentally purchase some shit like Temple Run instead.

I just hope my 10 year old cousin doesn't find out she knows more about tablets and smartphones than me. If she did I imagine I'd rapidly age into dust like that guy in indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Rubbish King

The amount of people who have said this. "Lol, noob don't know how to use his phone. Noob and stuff."

Why do you think? Whilst trying to stay off the offensive , you were dissatisfied with a type of product that a few of us here use, fair enough. But if you say the whole system that people use is rubbish (especially on GAF) Our inner 12-year-old fanboys are gonna lash the fuck out.

It's like football man, you don't walk into a pompey pub and announce how southampton are the best eva, because you gonna get glassed

Not really, but you get the point

NinjaBoiX

Thanks Mike. I'll try that tonight.

Tash, f0rk gonna f0rk. I wish I could summon the energy to care two fucks about what he says.

Wait, no I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom