• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to look that up, it's a Thick of It reference right? I really need to watch that. Saw the first two series of it on Netflix before my subscription ran out, need to track down the rest.

Yeah, Ben Swaine's the big guy who loves sweets. He and Malcolm have a great episode together in S4.

SKINNER!

Banned
Ladies and gentlemen, Doctor Who.

aRx1n26.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's disgusting.

I'm not a huge fan of cheese though since dairy has decided to forsake me in my adult life, adding lactose intolerance to my very short list of weaknesses.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I tried man! I saw him at the Astoria just before they tore it down. He had a live drummer and it was literally the heaviest thing I have ever seen. Booming smashing drums, frantic bass, my jaw was on the floor. Get home, download some records. Thin, anaemic fuckin BORING records, I was so let down. Sounded like new age dreadlock hippie bullshit, drums with absolutely no body to them, bass sans bass, wtf? The greatest disparity between live awesomeness and recorded terribility I've ever experienced. I would jump at the chance to go to another show though.

lmao I get so aggro :p

Awww now I'm jealous! Only in saw him in Glades at Glastonbury... about five minutes before I OD'd. XD

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
dat 2DS

hahahahahahahaha
And the base idea sounded so good, esp since i still dont have a 3ds and dont care about 3D.

but no

I forget fucking Nintendo can't they do anything right this gen.

Didn't even take the opportunity to do dual sticks. It looks like a fat calculator.

Dual sticks would have fragmented the userbase, it's not happening. Wait for the DS3.

But yeah, that aside, it should have turned out great. The clamshell is SO needed.

TCRS

Banned
what the... I.. this doesn't make any sense!! no second stick, can't fold it and it's so fucking ugly. what the hell man.

Volotaire

What were they thinking with 2DS. The name is enough to confuse the consumers. WTF.

Hopefully with 3D out of the way, the battery life is much better on this... thing.

what the... I.. this doesn't make any sense!! no second stick, can't fold it and it's so fucking ugly. what the hell man.

And the base idea sounded so good, esp since i still dont have a 3ds and dont care about 3D.

but no

I forget fucking Nintendo can't they do anything right this gen.

Didn't even take the opportunity to do dual sticks. It looks like a fat calculator.

2 sticks is too much to fragment userbase like Hot Coldman said. 3D wasn't mandatory in any games. There's still a 3D capable camera on this thing.

This image comparison is odd

SKINNER!

Banned
Joystiq said:
The Nintendo 2DS is a new handheld in the DS family due out on October 12 for $130, in red and blue. As its name suggests, the 2DS plays all 3DS and DS games, but in 2D. It's a solid piece of hardware, no hinges, with dual screens the same size as 3DS screens, one circle pad, a camera, a single speaker and standard DS face buttons. Nintendo calls the 2DS "an entry-level dedicated portable gaming system."

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/28/nintendo-2ds-plays-all-3ds-ds-games-in-2d-ditches-clamshell/

ibqoA1sNlgNbyF.gif

You people are nuts.

Cheese and jam is one of the best combinations ever.

You not ever had a cheese board?

Exactly! Some decent cheese, jam and crackers. So good!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What is the reason for not using clamshell design? It just doesn't make sense at all.
2 sticks is too much to fragment userbase like Hot Coldman said.
I don't understand what this means. Is it not fragmented already? Handheld market is ridiculously saturated with iterations of the DS:

Nintendo DSlite
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo DSiXL
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DSXL
Nintendo 2DS

so much DS on the market

afoni

Banned
2DS is legitimately the stupidest thing I've ever seen modern Nintendo do. It's coming the same day as Pokemon, but still.

Sort of want one for novelty's sake.

Nintendo is losing it.

Thats how the Roman Empire fell off the cliff as well.

It just seems like something developed to address the sluggish 3DS sales, a period of time which ended about 18 months ago.

Nintendo have become almost lost in recent years- they can't market for shit, they have no capacity to think through branding or naming consoles, they don't seem to 'get' the internet, and are chasing existing trends rather than following them. Let's face it, even if the 2DS was a big hit with kids, Nintendo won't provide the marketing budget it needs to get there.

Thank fuck they have a huge war chest.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nope. It'll sell like crazy. I'd bet that the 2DS will exceed the LTD of the Vita before Xmas is over.

...I'm going to jump off a fucking bridge.
I'll admit the recent gamescom showing made me tempted to grab a Vita. But it wasn't quite enough to push me over. If it remains strong into 2014 I might jump in for a redesign.

This ugly piece of shit 2DS on the other hand needs to be about 50% cheaper for me to even consider trading my hard earned currency for. But I have a feeling you're on the right track, given Pokemon and the fact that it really isn't meant for us but for quick sales to kids.

Trouble is whether or not they will be able to market it correctly to get those kids to ask for it and parents to understand what they have to buy. So many "DS" out there right now that it is legitimately confusing for the average consumer. There are people who still don't even know the Wii U is a 'new console'.

afoni

Banned
Sony will keep the Vita alive. I'd probably prefer the thing if it had the games to back up the hardware, but the 3DS has more games.

SteveWD40

It runs all the 3DS games (so Monster Hunter), it should have a better battery and won't have the screen scratching issues (as long as you keep it in a case)?

I might just grab one...

If they come in black.

It runs all the 3DS games (so Monster Hunter), it should have a better battery and won't have the screen scratching issues (as long as you keep it in a case)?

I might just grab one...

If they come in black.

The battery is worse than the 3DS XL, but better than the 3DS, take from that what you will. Oh and mono sound, not stereo. Definitely one for the kiddies.

Volotaire

What is the reason for not using clamshell design? It just doesn't make sense at all.I don't understand what this means. Is it not fragmented already? Handheld market is ridiculously saturated with iterations of the DS:

J mean when games require 2 sticks and some owners have a different control system to the on that hasn;'t got the extra control stick, then it could severely impact sales. Just like Skyward Sword with Zelda and Motion plus, and Majoras mask with the N64 Expansion Pack.

SmokyDave

Now you can have the power of a pocket calculator in an appropriate form-factor!

Oh god, I think I'm depressed. It's natural to cry uncontrollably, isn't it?

SteveWD40

Stereo with headphones...

Not a fan of the colours though. Thing is, I would NEVER use the 3D on a 3DS, and the clamshell screen scratching still not being fixed puts me off...

If only they could make a 3DS that was as good as the DSi XL.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You wouldn't even use the 3D for the puzzle swap images? Half the joy of unlocking them is viewing them in the third dimension.

If it was the equivalent of the GBA Micro I may have seen a point in it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I want to say:

Is there not a 2DS thread already for you guys to talk about this? Also, Nintendo being weird and making dumb decisions? Shocking.

But then I realize that come the end of the month I will be talking about nothing else other than GTA so you lot can have your fun now :)

Got a rather severe haircut today, I feel like a proper grown-up now with shorter hair.

I also just finished reading the new Avengers Arena, which consisted of me going "NOOOOOOOOO!" about half a dozen times while reading it. This book gives me the feels.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I want to say:

Is there not a 2DS thread already for you guys to talk about this? Also, Nintendo being weird and making dumb decisions? Shocking.

But then I realize that come the end of the month I will be talking about nothing else other than GTA so you lot can have your fun now :)
Can't have your cake and eat it too, clique boy.

Jordan

I hate being under the age of 24/25. Every single car company treats me like fucking shit (apart from the one I work at)

Insurance - stupidly expensive
Looking at hiring a minibus - people won't go near me at all. The only option I have left is asking work but I think they might tell me to go fuck myself.

8bit

Knows the Score
This'll be bundled with Pokemen for Christmas and will eat up the children market. Bit disappointed that recent Nintendo games seem to have gone into overdrive with tutorials but I'd prefer they still exist somewhere than have to put with Sony & Microsoft fighting over the living room TV.

Anyway, anyone live around Maidenhead/Berkshire/M4 Corridor? Do you know of any resources for figuring out what a decent salary is for that region? Thinking about coming back to the UK and it looks as if most UK Pharma is in that area.

Wait...what?

That sounds so, so wrong.

It's not. If you're eating fancy cheese on a board it's not unusual to have some sort of a confit on it. Which is just fancy jam.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Can't have your cake and eat it too, clique boy.

Shut it, American.

Also, I said I wanted to write that but I understood it would be hypocritical. So I expressed myself while also highlighting the underlying stupidity of what I was saying.

Also also, I probably post cliquey stuff less than any other member of the GAFMeet crew.

Also also also -

edit: this page for fightin, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom