• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'll give you £20 the lot Jordan.

Non-insultingly, how much are you actually looking for? The Mrs loooooves the anime but only read a couple volumes of the book. She would like this.

Jordan

Well I did spend quite a bit more on them. eBay is showing up as between £25-£50 on completed orders. Got a copy of Buso Renkin Volume 1 as well which I'd chuck in for free lol.

Throwing out a shit-ton of old PS2 games, if anyone is interested in what I've got let me know and I'll make a list before throwing. eBay proved that a lot of them were worth fuck all.

Mikeside

This'll be bundled with Pokemen for Christmas and will eat up the children market. Bit disappointed that recent Nintendo games seem to have gone into overdrive with tutorials but I'd prefer they still exist somewhere than have to put with Sony & Microsoft fighting over the living room TV.

Anyway, anyone live around Maidenhead/Berkshire/M4 Corridor? Do you know of any resources for figuring out what a decent salary is for that region? Thinking about coming back to the UK and it looks as if most UK Pharma is in that area.

It's not. If you're eating fancy cheese on a board it's not unusual to have some sort of a confit on it. Which is just fancy jam.

I've lived in Berkshire/Hampshire my whole life.
god that's depressing.

no idea about a decent salary to be honest... depends what level you're at. I'm on 16.5 but I think 24-26 is considered okish

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Is the manga decent? I only ever watched the anime which was garbage after
L dies and shitty sibling plots

Jordan

Is the manga decent? I only ever watched the anime which was garbage after
L dies and shitty sibling plots

I liked it, but this is going back a few years now so my memory of it is very faded. I had all the live action movies as well, which I sold in a time of being absolutely fucking skint, they made me a fortune and I'm gutted I sold them to be honest.

Symphonia

Banned
It's not. If you're eating fancy cheese on a board it's not unusual to have some sort of a confit on it. Which is just fancy jam.
I've never had a cheese board before. I only ever have cheese in a cheese and ham sandwich or when I'm having cheese on toast. The idea of cheese and jam, to me, sounds bizarre and it's not something I'll be trying soon. Separately, cheese and jam are great, but together? It just doesn't sound right.

Anyway, on the topic of food, just got back in after a looooong day at the office and I couldn't really be bothered to cook? So what did I make? A goddamn chip butty and my God, it tasted good. How come the simple things always taste the best?

Jordan

13MFq5X.jpg

I really own some pointless shit.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Those Top Trumps cards are actually quite rare. You might try flogging them on ebay or the gearbox forums.

Symphonia

Banned
What are Top Trumps and what do they have to do with Borderlands 2?
It's a stat-based card game. There's Top Trumps for all sorts of things, from Borderlands 2 to cars to football players to...well, just about everything. There's different categories on each card. For example, cars would have max speed, torque, weight, etc. The card with the higher category number wins the losers card. Rinse and repeat until all cards have been won.

8bit

Knows the Score
It's a stat-based card game. There's Top Trumps for all sorts of things, from Borderlands 2 to cars to football players to...well, just about everything. There's different categories on each card. For example, cars would have max speed, torque, weight, etc. The card with the higher category number wins the losers card. Rinse and repeat until all cards have been won.

It's called Top Ass in Germany (Top Ace), and any time we've been to one of the steak house chains (Block house) they used to hand out additional packs. One jagermeister night we played Top Ass Wolves vs. Top Ass Formula One cars.

It probably sounds more fun that it was.

xist

What are we actually doing? Angry songs (that most people will actually listen to, therefore ruling out a lot of Black/Death metal) or sad songs?

Symphonia

Banned
What are we actually doing? Angry songs (that most people will actually listen to, therefore ruling out a lot of Black/Death metal) or sad songs?
I assumed we're just doing songs that we think are awesome and are listening to at the moment. If we were to do sad songs, I'd be here all night.

TCRS

Banned
Just posting songs I suppose. I'm ok with that, britgaf has good tastes.

edit: wtf another duck? what's with all the ducks in here. where is duck no. 2 btw?

Hystzen

Jumped on that Ni No Kuni discount on PSN for £15 I have a piece of that.

Now must wait to download 22gb which by time it done should be PS4 release day

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
got fucking conned with a couple fake twenties....feels bad man

boss had a right fuckin' go at me too.

Couple of codine and a pint, left work early as it's dead and watching some shitty movie

Fucking cunts, If I see one of them on the street when I'm drunk I'll fucking deck em'

NinjaBoiX

Xist, Veruca Salt are wicked! Never heard them before. I get the feeling they think Kim Deal is cool as fuck too though, they almost sound like a Breeders tribute act.

xist

Xist, Veruca Salt are wicked! Never heard them before. I get the feeling they think Kim Deal is cool as fuck too though, they almost sound like a Breeders tribute act.

If you want a good place to start go with their album American Thighs and work forwards. American Thighs is a great album.

So much for our pop fest Jordan, bunch of proper musos came in and ruined it :(

Only joking guys. I love that we have so much music taste variety in BritGaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom