• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Wow, there really is nothing going on in this thread at the minute. Might as well post one more (tasteful) pic:
Ju3UTVd.jpg
Rashida Jones

She chooses great roles too. Quality actress.
Celebrity crush time:
Alison Brie
Kate Beckinsale
Angelina Jolie
Classy choices man, I've never been too fussed about Jolie though. She obviously a beautiful woman, I just find her a bit angry looking, if that makes sense. She just looks slightly annoyed all the time! Her build is kind of masculine too, very statuesque with her broad shoulders and stuff. I prefer petite ladies.
It's the face isn't it? Yeah I like hard facial features I think they're cute.
Yeah, she's quite pretty.

But the bolded seems like a bit of an oxymoron. Cute alludes to soft, delicate, slightly rounded features.

AcridMeat

Banned
Classy choices man, I've never been too fussed about Jolie though. She obviously a beautiful woman, I just find her a bit angry looking, if that makes sense. She just looks slightly annoyed all the time! Her build is kind of masculine too, very statuesque with her broad shoulders and stuff. I prefer petite ladies.
Rashida Jones is very pretty I agree! I know what you're saying about Jolie, and she has changed a lot but I still can't help myself. For some reason I was hung up on actresses strictly when I thought "celebrity" and in doing so I forgot another, probably the crush that was the strongest at any point.

Gwen Stefani
zTsbGw8.jpg

Aged like fine wine too.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Oh yeah, I saw the trailer for this the other day, it looks excellent. I adore Submarine, I think it's a gorgeously subtle and heartfelt little movie. The script in particular is fantastic. The appearance of
Paddy Considine
was a wonderful surprise too given that he wasn't in any of the trailers. Me and the lads were laughing our heads off when he showed up!

"Ninjas!"

YES. Submarine is beautiful and really sweet. Richard Ayaode is incredibly talented, I always forget he also wrote and directed (ironically) Darkplace.

It appears as if the Double is getting very little cinema presence (on day 1 at least), which is a shame. I really wanted to see it at the Savoy, for cheapness and to support local businesses. However I do get to go to the very nice Broadway cinema in Nottingham tomorrow as soon as work is over. Cannot wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzw0wEcsfxE

Also, Rashida Jones is perfection. It is a shame her P+R character always felt like such a loose end.

Is the Musketeers BBC series any good? Or is it the new Merlin?

I loved it. Mainly because of Aramis (swoon)

Seeing as you're all posting pics of hot girls, I'm just gonna pop this here

0673EA4C-2D3D-469C-8640-550EBEE8969F_zpsxx4riugy.jpg

But also it was pretty entertaining, moved at a reasonable pace, had a nice balance of comedy, action and drama, and didn't take itself too seriously. Worth a watch I'd say.

I loved it. Mainly because of Aramis (swoon)

Seeing as you're all posting pics of hot girls, I'm just gonna pop this here

0673EA4C-2D3D-469C-8640-550EBEE8969F_zpsxx4riugy.jpg

But also it was pretty entertaining, moved at a reasonable pace, had a nice balance of comedy, action and drama, and didn't take itself too seriously. Worth a watch I'd say.

It's only up on Iplayer until Sunday, and there's no chance I'll have ten hours to bother watching it all. Shame.

NinjaBoiX

Hey Tash, here's a little something from AcridMeat:

emRJOsP.jpg

Vest tops are mint.

(I've been trying to read what it says on her necklace but keep getting distracted.)

Reknoc

The new Muskateers show was pretty good from what little I watched, but when I watched it it just made me want to watch Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, unarguably the best adaption of the musketeers.

Mistel

Banned
Last one. Stormtrooper would appreciate. (Kari Byron)

I still can't believe the guy who ate a bag of mushrooms in Super Troopers is married to Hendricks. Pretty crazy.
I most certainly do. I'm as surprised as you that Geoffrey Arend married Hendricks

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hey Tash, here's a little something from AcridMeat:

emRJOsP.jpg

Vest tops are mint.

(I've been trying to read what it says on her necklace but keep getting distracted.)

Almost distressingly attractive. Rack or face, you shouldn't be allowed to have both... I bet her bum is amazing too.

Mikeside

U guise, I'm reading this at work and there's loads of attractive people on the page.

My boss will think I'm trying to have a cheeky spaff

SmokyDave

U guise, I'm reading this at work and there's loads of attractive people on the page.

Sorry, it's my fault. Couldn't contain myself when I found Ida Segerhagen. I did debate not posting her, but my fingers betrayed me.

On a related note, it bums me out that we can have an extreme wrestling thread with blood flying everywhere, but we can't have a simple 'Hot Women - Don't Read This At Work' thread.

Don't worry Mike, I'm going to balance it out from now on. Everytime someone posts a pic of a chick, I'm going to post a pic of a dude.

SmokyDave

Tongue in cheek, dude, I was mocking Jimbor.
Eh, no worries. I was just a bit worried when I popped in here this morning and saw I'd started a hot people avalanche.

Don't worry Mike, I'm going to balance it out from now on. Everytime someone posts a pic of a chick, I'm going to post a pic of a dude.
It's a shame we don't have a hot dude thread too. Hot people make the world go round.

I use Tom Hiddleston gifs to pacify Mrs Smoky from time to time.

this is all lovely
except Stormtroopers vomit inducing freckly redheads

But I have bigger news.

So I was at the vending machine, went to buy a pack of M&Ms. The thing rotates but get's stuck right at the end and doesn't drop. Luckily, the machine sees that I haven't received the M&Ms and refunds my £1 piece. Now, I had originally chosen Chocolate M&Ms over the Peanut M&Ms next to them. However, I see that the chocolate packet is on the verge of falling. I re insert my £1 piece and select Peanut M&Ms.

And lo

The Peanut M&Ms came forth and with an angelic chorus, knocked the Chocolate M&Ms down on the way past. As two packets of goodness fall, so too do the manly tears that have welled in my eyes in the sight of such beauty. In a crescendo of noise the two packets hit the bottom of the machine at high velocity and at once I fall to my knees, awestruck. Being witness to such glory, I am powerless to stop the words that come unbidden from my stricken heart: "Get in!" I shout, punching the air with the degree of force that could split the atom. My hands shake as I retrieve my gifts from the heavens. I return to my desk in a daze (I may have been speaking in tongues, I'm not sure.) As I sit here, eating my heavenly gifts, I am at once overjoyed and immesnely saddened, as I know in due course these M&Ms will be no more. For now, I can tell you, these M&Ms taste like...Victory.

And that's how I got two for one on M&Ms and found Jesus.

this is all lovely
except Stormtroopers vomit inducing freckly redheads

But I have bigger news.

So I was at the vending machine, went to buy a pack of M&Ms. The thing rotates but get's stuck right at the end and doesn't drop. Luckily, the machine sees that I haven't received the M&Ms and refunds my £1 piece. Now, I had originally chosen Chocolate M&Ms over the Peanut M&Ms next to them. However, I see that the chocolate packet is on the verge of falling. I re insert my £1 piece and select Peanut M&Ms.

And lo

The Peanut M&Ms came forth and with an angelic chorus, knocked the Chocolate M&Ms down on the way past. As two packets of goodness fall, so too do the manly tears that have welled in my eyes in the sight of such beauty. In a crescendo of noise the two packets hit the bottom of the machine at high velocity and at once I fall to my knees, awestruck. Being witness to such glory, I am powerless to stop the words that come unbidden from my stricken heart: "Get in!" I shout, punching the air with the degree of force that could split the atom. My hands shake as I retrieve my gifts from the heavens. I return to my desk in a daze (I may have been speaking in tongues, I'm not sure.) As I sit here, eating my heavenly gifts, I am at once overjoyed and immesnely saddened, as I know in due course these M&Ms will be no more. For now, I can tell you, these M&Ms taste like...Victory.

And that's how I got two for one on M&Ms and found Jesus.

...eating your M&Ms!

utterly hilarious.

I also found Jesus today thanks to this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795644

I'm completely convinced, I mean how do you argue that?? So I may start spouting bible quotes against you heathens from now on.

NinjaBoiX

Lol, that Frozen girl with the bewbs has blown up all over GAF. I've seen it like 20 times today. Thank you based Acrid.

Fucks sake man, that Glasto line up is amazing, I'd legit love to see at least half of those:

Particularly:

J5
CHVRCHES
Royal Blood
Goldfrapp
Annie Mac
Jack White
The Black Keys
Pixies
Massive Attack
Disclosure
M.I.A.
Four Tet
Warpaint
Nitin Sawhney
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Breach

Oh man, that would be some super fun fucking time.

Let's get tickets! Let's get tickets!

f0rk

The poster makes it look like Dolly Parton is one of Arcade Fire's many special guests lol

What if the Saturday headliner was Kanye :eek:

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If they could that's a feat I would like to see. If it can be done that is.

BBC iPlayer - Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle. Early in his career he did this "being crap at stand-up/telling jokes" or "not being able to keep up with modern comedy" schtick which was amazing. He literally murders a joke to the point that it becomes funny again.

He is, as far as I'm concerned, Britain's best stand-up comic by a very wide margin.

jimbor

Banned
BBC iPlayer - Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle. Early in his career he did this "being crap at stand-up/telling jokes" or "not being able to keep up with modern comedy" schtick which was amazing. He literally murders a joke to the point that it becomes funny again.

He is, as far as I'm concerned, Britain's best stand-up comic by a very wide margin.

Whilst I appreciate what he does, I blow hot and cold with him. Daniel Kitson is fucking amazing though, for a Brit.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Whilst I appreciate what he does, I blow hot and cold with him. Daniel Kitson is fucking amazing though, for a Brit.

Not heard of him. I shall check him out. Cheers!

Well that went straight over my head when I watched that then.

Wait, what did you watch? You can't really watch clips because he doesn't do skits like most other comedians. His whole set is usually one long skit.

Try "If You Prefer A Milder Comedian..." or "Carpet Remanent World"... or the TV Show if you don't have the patience to watch a whole gig.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hello! :)

Before I get back to spamming, just want to say Stormtrooper I'm sorry I was horrible to you. Glad you are still posting :)

Right then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom