• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
This thread is so slow guys

how i met your mother ending sucked.

I haven't kept up with the series but man, MAAAN that ending

SKINNER!

Banned
Cool cool. There's going to be a gaf meetup that weekend right? thinking about picking up a saturday ticket just to see what the fuss is all about with Eurogamer expo.

Mikeside

Cool cool. There's going to be a gaf meetup that weekend right? thinking about picking up a saturday ticket just to see what the fuss is all about with Eurogamer expo.
Yeah we'll do a meetup!
I'm gonna try to get us into Loading again, depending if they've got a new space by then.

Can't wait

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah we'll do a meetup!
I'm gonna try to get us into Loading again, depending if they've got a new space by then.

Can't wait

Cool beans brah. So yeah, count me in for that meetup. Gonna see if I can get the friday off so I can take an overnight bus down on Thursday night...or maybe a train hmmm. Will sort that out post Boston. Hope the day tickets don't sell out.

It's not worth it for the whole weekend right? Just wondering which is the best day to check it out.

I want to go to Eurogamer this year but I don't know if I want to go for all four days...

It sounds like a lot of queuing and waiting.

Also, I'd have to sort out some sort of accomodation because I wouldn't want to travel in and out of London each day.

Hmm.

So I'm assuming runlikehell has the June Cardiff meet totally under control.......

Mike and I will be co-hosting the September meet to follow on from the Saturday of Eurogamer.

You don't have to be going to Eurogamer to come to the meet, the more the merrier as always. Mike is trying to get us in to Loading again but they have recently departed MADD so it will all be venue dependent. After that it'll be a club night, I'll have a scout around for something different, but if all else fails there's always good ol' Borderline (and I promise to be in a better mood this time).

Just a thought for those of you travelling from far and wide for Eurogamer, if you're only doing one day, even though as Mike said the Thursday is quieter, the Saturday has the meet....

SKINNER!

Banned
Cool, got my Saturday ticket purchased. Btw guys, the website states that the Saturday tickets are already running out so don't delay if you're wanting to go on that day.

Definitely count me in for the meet in September.

Feels like a long way off but time has been flying for me recently. It's creeping up on a year since I first met the likes of Owen, Mike, Candice, Tash, Saeed, Noffles, Jed and so on in Regents Park.

Scary.

Cool, got my Saturday ticket purchased. Btw guys, the website states that the Saturday tickets are already running out so don't delay if you're wanting to go on that day.

Yikes! Ticket bought, early entry for Saturday. I've bought 2, no doubt someone will need one around that time.

Definitely count me in for the meet in September.

Feels like a long way off but time has been flying for me recently. It's creeping up on a year since I first met the likes of Owen, Mike, Candice, Tash, Saeed, Noffles, Jed and so on in Regents Park.

Scary.

It's over 2 years now since I first met you freaks. Wouldn't change a second of it.

NinjaBoiX

Ahh, fond memories of the June meet in sunny Regents Park, so awesome. Then De Hems was mint too, and I had a right laugh in Borderline that meet. June '13 London meet was the best.

And the September meet getting organised already? I'll be there for sure. But can I be a killjoy and say I thought Loading was a bit pants? I dunno man, it was a nice place and everything but sitting playing a meagre collection of questionable video games in a cramped basement seemed a strange choice for a night out. It wasn't just that though, taking half an hour to get sat down and the farcical bar service didn't help. (Sorry Mike.)

De Hems and Big Red were both cool venues though, I'd happily go somewhere like that again. Maybe we could go to a few different places this time, bar crawl style? Show us more drinking holes in London guys! Also, it's way early but I'm putting in a provisional request to crash on someone's couch/floor (if you're not fast you're last innit).

And regarding runlikehell's Cardiff meet, it might be an idea for someone to give him a shout on FB, he's a stranger around these parts nowadays after he left what'sapp a while ago. Might be worth checking he's still up with the program.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Loading also lacked the promised DJ. I was expecting Katamari disco!

Borderline was home to the know nothing DJ right. The one who had never heard of Gangsta's Paradise. I bet even my dad has heard of that tune.

FreeChicken

Neo Member
Loading also lacked the promised DJ. I was expecting Katamari disco!

Borderline was home to the know nothing DJ right. The one who had never heard of Gangsta's Paradise. I bet even my dad has heard of that tune.

You requested Gangsta's Paradise?

Mikeside

Loading was a bit pants? :(

The drinks were cool and I thought everyone had a good time getting drunk and playing arcade games...

OK let's go somewhere else this time

Ninj Loading may not have been your bag, but from what I remember everyone was having a brilliant time. Playing video games, challenging each other, great cocktails, that place was awesome and perfect night out for BritGaf. You do remember this is a video game forum, right???

Mike as long as they have a venue sorted by then I say deffo get us in there again, go with the majority dude. Can't please everyone!

NinjaBoiX

Well I did I say I thought it was "a bit" pants, it wasn't a write off by any means. It was a decent place man; cool decor, tasty drinks (that poor barman!) and a pretty unique concept. And fair point about the games Mush, it is a GAF meet after all. I'd just rather shoot some pool or watch a band than sit and play games on a night out.

Also, it was a bit cramped down there all crowded round that table, I think if they move the venue so there is more room it could work a lot better. I just like to mill about a bit but there wasn't really anywhere to go! It seemed like upstairs might've worked better but hey.

Anyway, don't listen to me, I'm just being a minge. I'll get my nerd on next time and make the most of it!

Edit: FreeChicken - the Gangsta's Paradise thing is kind of an in-joke.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Every single year I'm busy doing something when the Eurogamer thing is on, or whatever UK expo. Once again, this year, life finds away and I'll be on a remote island for research, haha.

Infamous Second Son finally turned up. All my fuckwows. We in the new gens now. We in them fo realz.

NinjaBoiX

I watched the opening half an hour of Infamous on YouTube, Jesus it looks good! And not just graphically, it seems like a hugely impressive package all round, the cut scenes are rather splendid too.

I think I'm going to trade in my last gen stuff and grab one at the weekend. I want to play infamous, BF4 and NFS: rivals, hopefully I'll be able to grab all three. And that's not even starting on the great indie scene they already have going.

It's just all that last gen goodness gone for good (until they remaster everything anyway) makes me sad. And I also have sploatee and jimbor's Dreamcast stuff that I've barely touched either. So much nerding...

jimbor

Banned
If we could find somewhere other than the borderline for post pub hijinks, I'd be a happy jimbor. I feel that we've probably done that place to death now but equally, I know it's hard to find a half decent place central that isn't too bothered about letting a sausage fest in.

Edit: Ninj you can probably crash at mine, depends where I am at the time though.

Mascot

Boxers, trunks or briefs?

I favour the brief these days. No more bunched junk when sitting down for extended periods.

NinjaBoiX

Boxers, trunks or briefs?

I favour the brief these days. No more bunched junk when sitting down for extended periods.
Boxer briefs man, they keep your junk from flopping around and you get that awesome "cotton hug" feeling on your ballsack. Feels good man.

Boxers are too loose and only jam-eaters and male models wear briefs.
Commando.
rkOis.gif

I watched the opening half an hour of Infamous on YouTube, Jesus it looks good! And not just graphically, it seems like a hugely impressive package all round, the cut scenes are rather splendid too.

I think I'm going to trade in my last gen stuff and grab one at the weekend. I want to play infamous, BF4 and NFS: rivals, hopefully I'll be able to grab all three. And that's not even starting on the great indie scene they already have going.

It's just all that last gen goodness gone for good (until they remaster everything anyway) makes me sad. And I also have sploatee and jimbor's Dreamcast stuff that I've barely touched either. So much nerding...

If you're not going to get round to playing them any time soon, then I'd consider trading them in. I'm making an effort to get through my PS3 backlog before I start my grad job in September (6 down this year so far, ~25 to go). Anything I'm not that bothered about will just fall to the bottom of the pile, and I'm aiming to be left with less than 10 games by the time I start.

Though actually I wont't look to trade in my PS3, as there's a lot of games on the system I want to be able to play in the future, and let's face it emulation won't be here for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom