• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook is hilarious right now, so many differing strong opinions on the death of someone they don't know and has no impact on their lives at all! People just love to argue don't they?

Volotaire

Eastenders. Thoughts?

The writing is just getting ridiculous now imo.

I stopped watching it when Ben killed Heather. It got to much. By that time the classics had started disappearing ... Pat and Peggy, and the show went downhill. Derrick was atrocious. I remember the Johnny Allen days. I just saw who they replaced Peter with... wtf?!

Shirley, Max, Bradley, Jack, Christian and Fatboy were easily the best show's newcomers. Masoods were okay as a typical asian family, although they're story lines were just too much sometimes. I mean how can every typical asian taboo happen to this one family!?

Thanks for the bday wishes guys as well. Plus us 7th April guys share it with kickass Jackie Chan!

Lirlond

8bit I'm proper pissed at that red road thing.

"These houses aren't good enough for anyone to live in, we're gonna keep one for the asylum seekers tho."

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Facebook is hilarious right now, so many differing strong opinions on the death of someone they don't know and has no impact on their lives at all! People just love to argue don't they?

It reminds of when the Queen Mother died - 'the nation's favourite grandmother'. Umm no. Same with Diana - 'the people's princess'. Eh? Books of condolence?

Ashes

Banned

I know what you mean. Then again, deaths of public figures tend to affect Samaritan phone lines.

I suppose her being quite young, and a mother of two, and the daughter of Geldof [and the way he lost her mother], all adds to the cauldron. Seems like death always pisses some people off, whilst in others inflect some reflection.

SKINNER!

Banned
You startin' on Princess Diana like?

KDIo591.gif

You
Me
Outside...the noo'

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
In a new feature, Chris Morris takes a sidewards glance at BritGAF's hottest topics:

Chris Morris says:
snapshot20090101061035.jpg

"If a terrorist group wanted to hit Britain, all they'd have to do is kill 100 random celebrities. The country would have a nervous breakdown."

Mikeside

I'm just gonna quote 20 Minute Loop here

"A strangers death cannot deliver love, or truth, or anything but shock"

I certainly am shocked - it's sad to think of her father losing a child, even sadder to think of her kids growing up without a mum (which brings back a lot of stuff for me from when my aunt died, leaving her 2 year old without a mother) but it's just shock.

8bit

Knows the Score
8bit I'm proper pissed at that red road thing.

"These houses aren't good enough for anyone to live in, we're gonna keep one for the asylum seekers tho."

Yeah, that's all a bit weird.

You escaped from Syria? We blow up homes for fun here! Watch as we destroy 5 tower blocks exactly the same as the one you're in!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Random accident on the main road so I had to walk to a distant bus stop and then the road my office is of was closed at one end so I had to take a diversion. I thought I'd be walking less being back in the country. I need to rest my poor footsies.

theaface

Morning all. How is everyone? Apologies for my intermitent and flakey attendance around these parts.

Has anyone else hear stumbled upon Scott Bradlee on YouTube? He and his band are pretty incredible. They do post-modern covers of popular songs.

My personal favourites are their cover of Miley's 'We Can't Stop'

and his solo playing of the music of Tetris

It certainly brightened up my day, at least! More here.

Lirlond

Yeah, that's all a bit weird.

You escaped from Syria? We blow up homes for fun here! Watch as we destroy 5 tower blocks exactly the same as the one you're in!

I lived round the corner from them for like 10 years. Will be weird when they're gone.

SteveWD40

Keep your cake, have some birthday wishes instead.

Fanks.

I miss the Birthday train by a couple of days.

Jen is making Hazelnut Chocolate Brownies for me to bring to work, I expect to be popular tomorrow...

Edit: oh and I while I was off yesterday my team printed a picture of Eric Bana out to be my stand in on a team meeting.

8bit

Knows the Score
Stood in the rain and watched the boat race from the park on the Thames.

Turn 34 tomorrow, who wants cake?

MacArthur Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain

Happy Birthday!

Mikeside

Newbury race, is that the boat thing? I did that once, got covered in egg and flour from the bridges when we reached the finish line. Hilarious.

horses, son.

I don't give a fuck about horse racing, but £25 for a day in the sun followed by some Wouldn't It Be Nice, God Only Knows and I Just Wasn't Made For These Times?

Yeah, I'm in.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
horses, son.

I don't give a fuck about horse racing, but £25 for a day in the sun followed by some Wouldn't It Be Nice, God Only Knows and I Just Wasn't Made For These Times?

Yeah, I'm in.

You can do it for free in the park with some headphones braaaaaaah.

Nah sounds nice man. Plus you get to watch the horse chicks with their hats and shiz. Win.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Fanks.

I miss the Birthday train by a couple of days.

Jen is making Hazelnut Chocolate Brownies for me to bring to work, I expect to be popular tomorrow...

Edit: oh and I while I was off yesterday my team printed a picture of Eric Bana out to be my stand in on a team meeting.

You DO look like Eric Bana!

No, not girls who ride horses, just girls who wear hats and watch horses. Not quite as bad. Or earthy.

Maybe it's just an Ascot thing, but in my experience of having worked at Ascot the horse watching women are literally the worst humans I have ever encountered. Generally working class women in their forties who get dressed for a night out, attach something ludicrous to their head and get slaughtered on champagne all afternoon all the while embracing the delusion that being at Ascot in a silly, expensive hat makes them a posh Arsitocrat. They cackle like hags, snap their fingers at staff, stagger into the daylight to throw up and are then helped into a taxi when it's hometime.

Not a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom