• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one checking the OP for people's birthdays? Shame on you all.

Just don't believe in the concept of birthdays or sharing the greeting. Personally, don't need one day in a year to celebrate or to be felt special because loved ones care for me (and I for them) all the time. Also, hate cakes even if it's once a year, too much sugar lol

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just don't believe in the concept of birthdays or sharing the greeting. Personally, don't need one day in a year to celebrate or to be felt special because loved ones care for me (and I for them) all the time. Also, hate cakes even if it's once a year, too much sugar lol

I need birthdays for precisely this reason, people are horrid to me all year round, birthday is time to cash in some niceness chips :p

And ta Dave!

Well la-de-da

Also I initially got confused reading your comment about cakes and thought you were talking about once a year giving a cake to someone you hate.

I'm now convinced this is a good idea. I'd love to go up to someone I despise and smilingly hand them a cake that let them know my feelings.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
http://www.buzzfeed.com/nigelfaragemp/12-reasons-you-should-vote-for-ukip-icrg

3HYpp.png

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Dammit! Second day ill at home and there's stuff that needs doing at work! Feel like a proper sick note, even though I can't move for coughing myself raw. My immune system used to be so good :'(

8bit

Knows the Score
Can you work from home?

You should really rest, but maybe there's something you can do to feel as if you have accomplished something and then rest easier.

Dammit! Second day ill at home and there's stuff that needs doing at work! Feel like a proper sick note, even though I can't move for coughing myself raw. My immune system used to be so good :'(

I know what you mean, there's days where I cannot move as my muscles are screaming but I still feel guilty about not being able to work.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ta Mush. Laptop is at work 8bit. Deaf Spac (am I doing it right :)) work guilt is crazy guilt.

Thread really is dead, isn't it?!

Well. I watched Question Time in bed. It was very realistic.

OT is pretty gash today too. And Gaming side is usual cesspool of hyperbole and passive aggressive console warring. A sad day for people trying to kill time at work..

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Isn't Ground Zeroes brilliant? First MGS game in ages where I can control the damn character!
and I've just rescued Hideo!

8bit

Knows the Score
Ta Mush. Laptop is at work 8bit. Deaf Spac (am I doing it right :)) work guilt is crazy guilt.

You can't even access your email? Reply all, "Yes, I agree. Proceed as discussed."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799691&highlight= is pretty entertaining. Nintendo have remade The Sims but dialed up the self-deprecation.

That looks interesting. The wife used to like playing the Sims before she discovered Settlers.

I'm actually trying to plan my next holiday but my boss decided to work from the office today and he sits on the desk next to me so have to be stealthy in my procrastination today.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't Ground Zeroes brilliant? First MGS game in ages where I can control the damn character!

Why yes, yes it is. I haven't even scratched the surface yet, DS2 has my full attention currently, but I did the main mission a couple of times. Looking forward to getting stuck in properly.

I never watch QT unless I'm in an environment wherein I can be perfectly immersed and really feel like David Dimbelby is gently patronising me.

Thread is dead, day is slow.

Need to fill out some forms and get a new passport to replace my current one, which looks like the Grail Diary from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The process is likely to be a ballache.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Hell yeah, great demogame, I'm in love with that new engine. And that mission was badass, I lolled hard when he spoke at the end.

I'm currently playing through Peace Walker as my last remaining MGS to play. It's actually very good and is making me itch to go back to MGS3 and play it again. IMO Peace Walker is a definitive "how to play MGS" game, the bitesize structure encourages you to play creatively and efficiently, much like GZ does. The story seems somewhere in between GZ and classic MGS, not quite as realistic or batshit as either.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yeah, great demogame, I'm in love with that new engine. And that mission was badass, I lolled hard when he spoke at the end.

I'm currently playing through Peace Walker as my last remaining MGS to play. It's actually very good and is making me itch to go back to MGS3 and play it again. IMO Peace Walker is a definitive "how to play MGS" game, the bitesize structure encourages you to play creatively and efficiently, much like GZ does. The story seems somewhere in between GZ and classic MGS, not quite as realistic or batshit as either.

A lot people bitch about PW but I really enjoyed it. It does get quite silly at the end but that's the charm, innit?

Love the 4 Player Boss Co-op too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I want to be able to watch Seinfeld but no steaming services have it. Does anyone know if it's anywhere?

Also, I've been watching the HBO show Girls a lot lately and I love it. If, like me, you consider sexuality to be basically dirty, grubby, funny and embarrassing you may like this show. Great cast and it's just fuckin brutal. Also I feel it takes the piss out of privaleged hipsters better than Portlandia.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
A lot people bitch about PW but I really enjoyed it. It does get quite silly at the end but that's the charm, innit?

Love the 4 Player Boss Co-op too.

I've not tried the coop (on ps3) but some of the boss fights are so hard by yourself. I wish there were less of them and a bit more sneaking tbh. The Hind fight in particular was horrible.

8bit

Knows the Score
I want to be able to watch Seinfeld but no steaming services have it. Does anyone know if it's anywhere?

Also, I've been watching the HBO show Girls a lot lately and I love it. If, like me, you consider sexuality to be basically dirty, grubby, funny and embarrassing you may like this show. Great cast and it's just fuckin brutal. Also I feel it takes the piss out of privaleged hipsters better than Portlandia.

It's on Now TV, IIRC.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I've not tried the coop (on ps3) but some of the boss fights are so hard by yourself. I wish there were less of them and a bit more sneaking tbh. The Hind fight in particular was horrible.

They're designed with 4 Players in mind, I think. Some of the best gadgets require 2-3 people to operate (they're ridiculous).

The Hind isn't too bad. There is much, much worse to come!

Saying that, they are easily the least memorable/generic bosses in a series known for it's stellar boss fights, but having three mooks to back you up makes up for it.

I'm playing it too currently (got distracted by Tearaway though), and the mission structure does make me less uptight about how I play each segment. I'm hardly Big Boss when it comes to MGS, but in all the previous titles I always tried to do everything to keep kills and alerts down, redoing sections over and over until I felt I'd got them 'right'. I don't feel that compulsion in PW as I can drop back in at any time to redo it stealthily or gun-ho or cardboard box mode.

Maybe they prefer something less subtle like "Woody gets the shaft"?

That may work for The Inbetweeners or Workaholics, but Cheers enjoys a certain mature and subtle humour. Also, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is on Netflix, and loads of documentaries about prison gangs. The Nat Geo doc on the Aryan Brotherhood is very good.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Have you read Rich Station's review of GZ in the Guardian? It's what made me go out and get it and I've not been disappointed. Spoileriffic:
I really, really love how political it is. The G review analyses it better than I could, but the use of the Joan Baez song, the animal cages, black masks, execution ground basically being a dirt patch round the back, the opening cinematic - it all adds up to a really brave work I think - especially for what is generally a Japanese take on Western conspiracy thrillers mixed with Arnie and James Bond. I've not played Spec Ops but this was a different experience I've had than with almost any other game. Plus it's so flexible and open. Cannot wait for the full game.

faridmon

Londonders: How is the temperature there?

Should I bring a coat just in case of a sudden temperature drop?

I am staying there for two weeks and will probably go out virtually every night!

Londonders: How is the temperature there?

Should I bring a coat just in case of a sudden temperature drop?

I am staying there for two weeks and will probably go out virtually every night!

It's been pretty nice the last few days, sun has been out and it's been fairly warm in the sun. Bit of a chill in the wind, I would deffo bring a coat.

Krakle

I havn't posted in this thread in aaaaages. How is everyone?

I'm off to do some clothes shopping and then watch Captain America 2. I've heard good things about it.

I havn't posted in this thread in aaaaages. How is everyone?

I'm off to do some clothes shopping and then watch Captain America 2. I've heard good things about it.

Other than being stuck at work on a nice day, not too bad. I found out that DAX red can be used as a moustache wax so that's gonna save me a fiver every couple of months..

SmokyDave

Any of you crazy cats have an XBone and a Virgin Media TiVo?

I'm curious to see how they play together. I'm debating picking up an XBone but I'm only really interested in playing DR3. I have my PS4 for multiplats (and I don't really get much time to play that), and my TV / Media duties are admirably handled by TiVo / Smart TV / Apple TV. I can't imagine that I'd actually run my TiVo through the XBone, but if it's particularly cool or useful for some reason I haven't thought of, I'd like to hear it.

Basically, I'm trying to sell myself on an XBone and so far I can't quite justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom