• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehh, after 31 years on this planet I'm used to not understanding/caring what anyone is talking about every 4 years. Every two years if you count Olympics too. I'm looking forward to the St George's flags being carried around by shaved head shirtless alcoholics who are DEFFO NO RACIST THEY JUST REALLY LIKE THE FLAG.

Also looking forward to the bitter bitter tears when 'we' are kicked out earlier because 'we' are shit. If 'we' get to the final I will watch the last ten minutes, sure.

Your passive agressive rage warms my heart, this is gonna be great.

Jokes aside, I don't even support England. You can sum up England during any recent or future World Cup with the two words "On Paper". It's a phrase I only ever hear around World Cup time and it's a way of managing the upsetting reality that the England squad will not succeed, ever. "On paper" the team is full of good players, but "in reality" they get their shit slapped. I fully expect England to get knocked out by a third world country or to limp just far enough for a world class team to thoroughly humiliate them.

I supported Switzerland last time, though I also rooted for Japan because their fans were bonkers.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I just can't stand the 1966! Did we mention 1966? 1966! And we beat the Krauts! 1966! Back of the net! 1966! Ad infinitum.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Your passive agressive rage warms my heart, this is gonna be great.

Jokes aside, I don't even support England. You can sum up England during any recent or future World Cup with the two words "On Paper". It's a phrase I only ever hear around World Cup time and it's a way of managing the upsetting reality that the England squad will not succeed, ever. "On paper" the team is full of good players, but "in reality" they get their shit slapped. I fully expect England to get knocked out by a third world country or to limp just far enough for a world class team to thoroughly humiliate them.

I supported Switzerland last time, though I also rooted for Japan because their fans were bonkers.

In my last job I actually upset (to the point of shouting) my entire office by chanting USA USA when 'we' were about to play them. Warmed the cockles of my cunty heart it did.

USA! USA!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wow Kings of Summer is a really lovely coming of age movie. Diaggio is one of the funniest characters in recent years of cinema. I'd really recommend it; it is like Son of Rambo or a less quirky and more upbeat Submarine.
if you watched the Way Way Back last year it's very similar in quality and charm. Also first character played by Steve Carell I've hated for story intentional reasons.

8bit

Knows the Score
IRC? Is that Whatsapp for old people?

Khaled.jpg

Reknoc

I'm kind of getting into football. I found the amount of information baffling, so like any Gaffer I decided to learn it's ways via a vidya game (Fifa 14), and got an app called One Football.

Suffice to say I'm fairly excited about the World Cup. I still wish that football bluffing website from the IT Crowd existed though!

Edit: and yeah the footie thread is pretty full on.

psht, fifa, everything i know about football i learned from Inazuma Eleven

Blink Me

Sort of wish I'd gone to Groezrock this year since so many of my favourite bands were playing. And the Offspring played all of Smash.

Also I've just got back into football as Norwich are about to be relegated and Liverpool were in with a chance of winning the Premier League but have now blown it. Now I remember why I stopped watching football.

As for the World Cup that's going to be hilarious for England. I'm in Amsterdam in June so hopefully the Netherlands will do well since I like supporting them. If the Netherlands or Germany don't win this year then I hope someone like Belgium or Switzerland win since it'll be boring if its Brazil or Italy again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Zomg E3 too :D We sooo gotta set up the IRC chat again this year. Hopefully myself and noffles (with pessimistic yet hilarious BGBW in the background) will be staying up for the Sony conference just like last year. Shit was too funny.

The same old room is still "active" just empty since last year.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Didn't noffles/Afoni get perma banned twice? Is he already back under a new name? That kid works fast.

The same old room is still "active" just empty since last year.

Might have to get in on this myself, event hough I am a top n00b rofl kek and lmao I don't even know what IRC stands 4 xD

At least with a smaller group of familiar people my witty insights won't be lost in an avalanche of U WOT M8 and ITS HAPPENING as they usually are when I watch it with /v/

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
if you watched the Way Way Back last year it's very similar in quality and charm. Also first character played by Steve Carell I've hated for story intentional reasons.

Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely check that out. Perhaps tonight if Virgin ever delivers their 'super-fast' router. Directed by the Dean from Community too. Interesting.

Hystzen

So FFXIV is pretty good taking a lot of my life and at least passing by the PS4 drought.

Got my movelist button maps so ingrained in my mind can walk upstairs have a piss or shit and still kick bosses asses without being near TV

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Cry more please.

Shitposting is what got them banned twice, otherwise a good one when staying out of trouble. Fwiw I found them very funny. If they can hold themselves back from stirring the pot and they'll be good.
Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely check that out. Perhaps tonight if Virgin ever delivers their 'super-fast' router. Directed by the Dean from Community too. Interesting.
Yes it's awesome. One of the main characters is perfect and you'll know exactly who I mean if you watch it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Might have to get in on this myself, event hough I am a top n00b rofl kek and lmao I don't even know what IRC stands 4 xD

At least with a smaller group of familiar people my witty insights won't be lost in an avalanche of U WOT M8 and ITS HAPPENING as they usually are when I watch it with /v/
That is why I left /v/ many years ago.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Cry more please.

Shitposting is what got them banned twice, otherwise a good one when staying out of trouble. Fwiw I found them very funny. If they can hold themselves back from stirring the pot and they'll be good.
Yes it's awesome. One of the main characters is perfect and you'll know exactly who I mean if you watch it.

Maybe it's different in America but what's wrong with just keeping shit on the dl? Outing our friend (for what, the desire just to stir the pot a bit?) is not a particularly desirable trait in a community member.

Yeah if the line up was good as this year then I'll definitely be tempted. Did you go?

Yeah, though I may have been at my tent for The Offspring and NOFX given how little I cared and how much my feet hurt/how cold I was >_>

Still though, I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend than hanging out with cool people in a cool country watching a load of great bands play. The only bad part is having to come home.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I don't know if Afoni ever reads Gaf but if afoni does,

"Hello! Hope you are well. Hope whatsapp is treating you good. Speak to you soon!"

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That is why I left /v/ many years ago.

I dont even know what /v/ is. Is it something to do with Anonymous? Etc.

Honestly, my goal is life is to earn enough to live in a small house in the country with E, some dogs, maybe a sheep or a goat or two, a rocking chair, a proper art room and obvs record player and gaming bits. Modernness is so much muchness.

Mikeside

Honestly, my goal is life is to earn enough to live in a small house in the country with E, some dogs, maybe a sheep or a goat or two, a rocking chair, a proper art room and obvs record player and gaming bits. Modernness is so much muchness.

Add some kids and the ability to go on holiday every year plus maybe a load of gigs and I'm with you

AcridMeat

Banned
Actually, chanting USA USA is one of my favourite things to do, full stop. It really IS the greatest country on earth...
Hahahahaha and here I actively cringe, though it was fun shouting it when I was in London for July 4th.
EDIT: Also Acrid bro! Really want to play League of Legends with you and the crew at some point. Gotta work out the timezones and see if it's plausible :p
Man that night, that wasn't even the proper main mode we played which is way slower paced. It was like we threw a baby into the ocean with that one. Holy crap we were drunk though.

As for times, weekends are more likely to get people on earlier when you're still up, mostly they'll be playing at around 4pm my time, 7pm theirs, and like midnight for you I think?

Some tune tune tune

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kind of. /v/ is often associated with the videogame board of 4chan though technically many image boards tend to call their videogame board /v/. The slashes are there because that's the web address of that board. Image boards like 4chan are based off of a Japanese board called Futaba channel (2chan) and one of the key features that separates them from a message board is that one does not need to sign up to post and names are optional. If one doesn't use a name you are often defaulted as Anonymous. So while yes there was a group of losers going by that name wearing V for Vendetta masks, technically they were only called that because 99% of users from 4chan are Anonymous so that's what the media latched on to. Like I said, technically image board Anonymous originates from a Japanese board.

SKINNER!

Banned
As for times, weekends are more likely to get people on earlier when you're still up, mostly they'll be playing at around 4pm my time, 7pm theirs, and like midnight for you I think?

Some tune tune tune

:D Midnight is plausible on a Friday or Saturday! Sweet!

is this because i didnt include you in the thread recap?

It's because you have the tiniest pecker in this thread. If you didn't wanna mention me on your thread recap you didn't have to but you could've acknowledged Dapper.That's my Staines brother man, all his posts are gold. He waited online for you for a long time and you just said, "No." Come on, that's pretty shitty man.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Tash, your new thread is killing me. God damn man. Maybe don't talk about shitting out babies in the OT, yeah? :p

Whenever I feel annoyed or upset, I make a thread about it, it usually goes quite well and makes me feel a bit better, I got some legit advice/realtalk and even some closure on the topic, but I also just enjoy venting it out in ways I couldn't possibly in real life

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Add some kids and the ability to go on holiday every year plus maybe a load of gigs and I'm with you

Sorry, no kids. Dogs over kids.

Kind of. /v/ is often associated with the videogame board of 4chan though technically many image boards tend to call their videogame board /v/. The slashes are there because that's the web address of that board. Image boards like 4chan are based off of a Japanese board called Futaba channel (2chan) and one of the key features that separates them from a message board is that one does not need to sign up to post and names are optional. If one doesn't use a name you are often defaulted as Anonymous. So while yes there was a group of losers going by that name wearing V for Vendetta masks, technically they were only called that because 99% of users from 4chan are Anonymous so that's what the media latched on to. Like I said, technically image board Anonymous originates from a Japanese board.

Crikey. I am so old.

Gathering missions is bullshit.

Definitely. "Find 8 Genova". "Are they marked on the map?" "No."

So, being the only person alive who actually enjoys Eurovision, I had a really good evening watching the first semi final. My top faves got through so even more looking forward to the final now.

Oh, also I had a job interview today. Fingers crossed!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Crikey. I am so old.
Or you're like 99.9% of the population I don't really care about the history of online communities. ;)

So, being the only person alive who actually enjoys Eurovision, I had a really good evening watching the first semi final. My top faves got through so even more looking forward to the final now.
I enjoy it, I just always stick to watching the final. Don't won't to spoil the surprise.

And good luck.

Best of luck!

I enjoy Eurovision too - it's so silly. I would keep myself 'clean' for the final, but hey, you miss out on some amazing crap that doesn't get through, awkward TV fillers and even more insanity. Plus I'm out at a meal on Saturday so would miss it. Boo.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Good luck!

The Austrian bearded lady makes me confused. He's so pretty. But has a beard. I am confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom