• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hai guys!

icon_wave.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sorry bout the multiquote abuse. Feels so right!

Does anyone here play Killzone Mercs btw?

I used to, but I grew to hate that game as I had to grind out 10,000 kills to get the Platinum. I've never forgiven it.

You sound like me.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is a must see in my opinion so good choice! It's one of the best theatre experiences I've had in a long time.

Well, that is until I saw The Raid 2 a couple weeks ago.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is superb. One of the most enjoyable films I've seen in a long, long time. Ralph is outstanding and really needs to do more comedy.

It was fabulous. I smiled from beginning to end! Really, really good.

Did anyone listen to my mixtape? :c

I will do. At the mo I estimate a turnaround of 1-2 weeks per mixtape so I will get around to it.

Hai guys!

Hello.

Hey!

When is your birthday: 21 May
Where do you live: Sheffield
Where are you from: Bolton
What do you do: PhD student
What is your quest: To finish my thesis.
Favourite actor/actress: Ellen Page
Favourite band/artist: Oasis
Favourite TV show: The Wire
Favourite crisps: Prawn Cocktail Seabrooks
Favourite biscuit: Milk chocolate Hobnob
Least favourite Pokémon: Jynx
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalactites
How do you cut your sandwiches: I don't

You eat your sandwiches in one piece? That's vile.

Oh, cool. How are you finding it?

Pretty good. Got the stuff that comes along with moving of not knowing many people or much of the area, but I'm quite central (like, a minute from the Crucible, can see it from the street). Seems like a friendly place, stuff seems to happen but not being too busy and not expensive.

So I suppose I need to find more stuff to do. Nah I'll watch TV play games post on GAF

Let's try this again, since my phone doesn't have an undo button (fuck you phone)

Listening to it now.

How was Groezrock then? Highlights and shit please.

Edit:

Robo's tape, it was OK, certainly very upbeat, it just sounded a little like an American Pie soundtrack in places. It got a bit better in the second half.

*whinges about a lack of variety*

It was a fun listen, but just a little much of the shouty teen angst and poppy punk. There were a few tracks that changed up the tempo nearer the end. I quite liked these:

Good Luck - West Wind Ride
Calvinball - Supertoys Last All Summer Long
Touché Amore - Home Away From Here
Texas Is The Reason - A Jack With One Eye
BTMI - Syke! Life Is Awesome!

Groez was fucking awesome. Will write a proper post about it when I get home.

Mixtape - you better not be talking shit about House Boat, The Copyrights and Latterman yo. Especially not Latterman. I will fight you (and lose) over them. Best punk band in forever. To be fair, I did think there was a bit too much straight pop-punx at the beginning, but was trying to do a smooth transition from super posi sounding stuff to not posi at all sounding stuff then back into posi at the end and couldn't quite figure out how else to do it. I might make another one that's just all over the place and super eclectic and weird purely for the sake of ~*~variety~*~/to please you

Mr. Sam

Glad you confirmed your humanity by agreeing! Really felt like an amusement park ride with how the cinematography was. Like looking at an art expo while having a great character show you through it..

If there's one thing we've learned from the penny dreadfuls, it's that you can't be a candy-ass.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Wow Kings of Summer is a really lovely coming of age movie. Diaggio is one of the funniest characters in recent years of cinema. I'd really recommend it; it is like Son of Rambo or a less quirky and more upbeat Submarine.

Hm might want to fill out the form to officially join up ;)

When is your birthday: 1986-02-17
Where do you live: Munich
Where are you from: Gütersloh
What do you do: Engineer
What is your quest: Leave the world a better place than when I started out.
Favourite actor/actress: Christian Bale
Favourite band/artist: Fatboy Slim
Favourite TV show: The Wire
Favourite crisps: Salt & Vinegar
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate Hobnobs
Least favourite Pokémon: What's a Pokémon?
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalagmites
How do you cut your sandwiches: Not at all, I am capable of holding an entire sandwich in my hands.

Argh it takes me a while to catch up with the thread when I take my eye off it.

Dapperbandit A Million Miles Away is maybe my favorite new song out of all these playlists. That or Boris Bike Briefcase Man from Jed's.

Yep yep those channels are great. Neros77 is also an awesome channel with mash ups of this type of music + movies such as this, Miami Nights 1984 - Ocean Drive with footage from Gogol 13 The Professional. It was that upload that made me watch the movie actually. This short video is better than the full thing I think.

Oh and check out the 80s style synth-pop thread if you haven't already.

Clearly we're on the same wavelength.

Was going to reccommend Neros77 as well. Some of his videos are really good, like that one where me mixes footage from a racing movie with the vortex bit from 2001 A Space Oddessey.

And yeah I subscribed to that thread, I wander in and out of it from time to time.

In other news...

Welcome back Coldman, I hope your time out was productive.

This weekend I discovered that the worst thing a man can hear on a night out is a group of drunk Australian girls singing Wonderwall. Nails on a chalkboard bad.

I also played the shit out of Murumasa Rebirth which is free on PS+

It's one of those games where you mash the fuck out of one button and feel like you're really skilled. But boy oh boy those enviroments and settings are beautiful, looks glorious on an OLED screen. The game kept making me really hungry too since the meals you can buy/cook to restore health are really nicely drawn.

I have Everybody's Golf from PS+ too (I picked it up since I found golf in GTA 5 bizarrely enjoyable despite my loathing for golf in real life) so I'll have to give that a whirl when I get a chance.

Sneds

Pretty good. Got the stuff that comes along with moving of not knowing many people or much of the area, but I'm quite central (like, a minute from the Crucible, can see it from the street). Seems like a friendly place, stuff seems to happen but not being too busy and not expensive.

So I suppose I need to find more stuff to do. Nah I'll watch TV play games post on GAF

Well if you want any recommendations of places to go or things to do then let me know.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Bit of a cross post from fake Gaf but just to spread the love - wanted to say thanks brit Gaf for helping me with my mental health! You all be a warm and friendly bunch. Big big love. Except to jimbor. Jimbor, let's keep it real and racist, yeh?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
^ good to hear Sploats :)

I have come in here to moan - godamn I'm so ill today! Have excreted roughly 1/4 of my bodyweight already so far today, as Tash would say a part of my anatomy is in tatters. Constant churning gut pain, hot and cold sweats, shaking hands...

and I can't leave the office because Exams. Fuuuuuuuuck. Why couldn't I have been ill last week when it didn't matter? Just need to close my eyes... for a sec...

NinjaBoiX

Welcome new people!

Hush your whinging Jed, suffer in silence please, fanx.
Bit of a cross post from fake Gaf but just to spread the love - wanted to say thanks brit Gaf for helping me with my mental health! You all be a warm and friendly bunch. Big big love.
Aww mate.
FLA lyric so I'm guessing Rusty.
Danke.
Owen, dont you do houses?
Yeah, but not in Liverpool! What does she need like?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Has damp problems in the house. Any experience?

some houses just have it, it's rising damp you need to worry about, as for how to solve it a dehumidifier and an electric blanket will make the problem bearable, if it's bad in the summer.... you have no hope for winter, not sure where you are right now though...

Darren870

some houses just have it, it's rising damp you need to worry about, as for how to solve it a dehumidifier and an electric blanket will make the problem bearable, if it's bad in the summer.... you have no hope for winter, not sure where you are right now though...

Yes, I know. But she is trying to sell it and no one is living there so were not sure what it is.

So if Owen wants a free trip to Liverpool to check it out and fix it, and make some cash we can do that.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've heard anusol works quite well. Don't forget the applicator!

yeah me and my stupid butt go back a long way, it's always one thing... I just find it hard to bring myself to buy Anusol. Couldn't they have come up with a name that's a bit less mortifying to hand to a 50 year old till lady in Boots?

Darren870

You need the proper gear Darren. I could rock up with a bucket and a trowel but I'd be back in 6 weeks.

Four if you jog.

g3rAwCL.jpg

Might be just enough time to sell it :p.

The main problem is we don't know if its just typical damp or something worse since were not there. No one has lived in the place since Feb, so its only getting worse.

SKINNER!

Banned
Been peaking in here every other day and decided that maybe I should come back and start socialing again. I know you all miss me ;)

So apart from mixtape madness and Chinner being a complete bellend, what else is happening? We allowed to talk about next month's world cup here?

EDIT: Also Acrid bro! Really want to play League of Legends with you and the crew at some point. Gotta work out the timezones and see if it's plausible :p

yeah me and my stupid butt go back a long way, it's always one thing... I just find it hard to bring myself to buy Anusol. Couldn't they have come up with a name that's a bit less mortifying to hand to a 50 year old till lady in Boots?

If it's on the shelf you can use the self service thingybob

However if I was buying something embarassing and machine went APPROVAL NEEDED I think I would burst into nervous tears straight away

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Been peaking in here every other day and decided that maybe I should come back and start socialing again. I know you all miss me ;)

So apart from mixtape madness and Chinner being a complete bellend, what else is happening? We allowed to talk about next month's world cup here?

EDIT: Also Acrid bro! Really want to play League of Legends with you and the crew at some point. Gotta work out the timezones and see if it's plausible :p

There's a football thread isn't there?? :p

Nothing else is happening in my life, work has it's temporary grip upon me once again until the end of june. Sucks!

SKINNER!

Banned
There's a football thread isn't there?? :p

Nothing else is happening in my life, work has it's temporary grip upon me once again until the end of june. Sucks!

I know I know but the guys in that thread are all super hardcore with their football knowledge and their Arsenal walkies talk. I don't even know my Craig Brown from my Ole Gunnar Solskjaer :( Figured the WC was big enough for casuals (like myself) to even care about. Love me some international competition :)

Sucks to hear about the stressful times bro. Suppose summertime will be in full swing once the end of june arrives. Just think of all that tasty bbq and chillin' in the park goodness.

Apart from work and baseball (we're 2nd on the league table :D) I spent the long weekend watching House of Cards, Adventure time, Battle Royale and Hunger Games with the gf. Took her on a surprise trip to the planetarium too after we got our free comics on Saturday. Glad that she enjoyed it.

Got into a bit of Neil Gaiman's Sandman for the first time too (Sorry Musha. Couldn't bring myself to tell you that I never read any Sandman :X). First issue of the comics and some book about a Japanese folktale that had Sandman in it. Twas alright. Chugging away on Policenauts still but my games backlog is starting to pile up again X( Still got MGS Ground Zeroes, Conker's BFD and South Park Stick of Truth to get through. Also want to do Android app development at home. Aaaaargh. First World Problems ha :p

I'm kind of getting into football. I found the amount of information baffling, so like any Gaffer I decided to learn it's ways via a vidya game (Fifa 14), and got an app called One Football.

Suffice to say I'm fairly excited about the World Cup. I still wish that football bluffing website from the IT Crowd existed though!

Edit: and yeah the footie thread is pretty full on.

World Cup AND E3 about a month away...

I support a team and I enjoy watching the games but I find the bloat of information too much. I just end up smiling and nodding.

The World Cup is different though, anybody can enjoy that. It's like a globe spanning conflict except millions of people don't die.

As long as there's someone else on Britgaf watching and willing to chat idly about it I shall be bringing it up, with or without consent of the haters.
Jed, consider your rectal devastation today a premonition.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I support a team and I enjoy watching the games but I find the bloat of information too much. I just end up smiling and nodding.

The World Cup is different though, anybody can enjoy that. It's like a globe spanning conflict except millions of people don't die.

As long as there's someone else on Britgaf watching and willing to chat idly about it I shall be bringing it up, with or without consent of the haters.

ehh, after 31 years on this planet I'm used to not understanding/caring what anyone is talking about every 4 years. Every two years if you count Olympics too. I'm looking forward to the St George's flags being carried around by shaved head shirtless alcoholics who are DEFFO NO RACIST THEY JUST REALLY LIKE THE FLAG.

Also looking forward to the bitter bitter tears when 'we' are kicked out earlier because 'we' are shit. If 'we' get to the final I will watch the last ten minutes, sure.

SKINNER!

Banned
RZA tried out for Preston United but couldn't get to the first team because of his bionic foot. Trufax

The game of football...is like a sword fight. *kicking sound effects*

You must think FIRST before you move.

En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang footwork style

Zomg E3 too :D We sooo gotta set up the IRC chat again this year. Hopefully myself and noffles (with pessimistic yet hilarious BGBW in the background) will be staying up for the Sony conference just like last year. Shit was too funny.

and exactly. World Cup is so different from normal
lame
club football. Going outside and watching the game in a crowded pub with expats and students from around the world enjoying the game and a good laugh :) I'm going to keep most of my WC talk in the WC OT threads anyway just like I did in 2010. Probably see some of you cunts over there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom