• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbor

Banned
Nah, he just popped in to say hi after his stretch in the clink. But it's been happening more frequently of late.

Certain members of FakeGAF have been posting occasionally. It disgusting quite frankly, peeps need to respect boundries innit.

It was originally just "Birds, Turds and Nerds". Had a nice ring to it.

It was birds, nerds and turds, goddammit!

AcridMeat

Banned
Right, just need to do some tagging and alter some volumes but here's the bands of this new rock playlist.

Kylesa
Baroness
Mogwai
Red Fang
Cloud Nothings
Screaming Trees
Kyuss
Focus
Radio Birdman
Frank Zappa
Black Sabbath
Built To Spill

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Right, just need to do some tagging and alter some volumes but here's the bands of this new rock playlist.

Kylesa
Baroness
Mogwai
Red Fang
Cloud Nothings
Screaming Trees
Kyuss
Focus
Radio Birdman
Frank Zappa
Black Sabbath
Built To Spill

I already approve of this.

Mikeside

I'm still here, I just run the clique from the shadows these days

That Cloud Nothings album is wonderful.

You joining us at Eurogamer this year, cold?

AcridMeat

Banned
I already approve of this.
Tis up, 68 minutes. :D

Rockin' Kebab
1. Kylesa - Unknown Awareness
2. Baroness - Swollen And Halo
3. Mogwai - Glasgow Mega-Snake
4. Red Fang - Wires
5. Cloud Nothings - Separation
6. Screaming Trees - Alice Said
7. Kyuss - Whitewater (ends at 7:50 but has hidden track)
8. Focus - Hocus Pocus
9. Radio Birdman - Descent Into the Maelstrom
10. Frank Zappa - Muffin Man
11. Black Sabbath - A Hard Road
12. Built To Spill - Broken Chairs

Just tried playing Demon's Souls for the first time. Result:

xVyoSl.jpg

Trying to practise parrying attacks=dead.
Firebombed=dead (well obviously).

At least the ragdolls are funny to kick around.

Does anyone here play Killzone Mercs btw?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Guys I have a dilemma, I've got this really good female friend who I've known for a good 6 years or so and well there have been times where we've been close-close but one of us has always been with somebody else at the time... There have been times where she has kinda said she likes me but I've kinda just ignored it...

Fast forward to now and we still talk regularly and I was spanking the monkey and she came into my head during my personal time and the results were...explosive and I've felt the attraction coming back...she's been snapchatting me recently and her cleavage has been somewhat prominent, we tell each-other pretty much everything but tonight whilst on the phone...she said her vibrators batteries had died.... I don't think that's normal friend stuff right?

I'm going to see her at the end of May... what dya reckon guys, the vibrator and cleavage things are sounding alarm bells...

It takes practice once you get it down you can plow away. Just ask Ninjaboi he can parry Gwyn so well...

How long are the levels then? Like three hours of medieval romping through castles where I can't ever die, or half hour kill-a-thons?

Guys I have a dilemma, I've got this really good female friend who I've known for a good 6 years or so and well there have been times where we've been close-close but one of us has always been with somebody else at the time... There have been times where she has kinda said she likes me but I've kinda just ignored it...

Fast forward to now and we still talk regularly and I was spanking the monkey and she came into my head during my personal time and the results were...explosive and I've felt the attraction coming back...she's been snapchatting me recently and her cleavage has been somewhat prominent, we tell each-other pretty much everything but tonight whilst on the phone...she said her vibrators batteries had died.... I don't think that's normal friend stuff right?

I'm going to see her at the end of May... what dya reckon guys, the vibrator and cleavage things are sounding alarm bells...

Question that is key here: in your moment of clarity, do you still want her like that (and possibly more?).

...i think so :|

So that answers whether you'd pursue it!

Well I don't think its that common for a female friend to discuss things like that with a male friend outside of drunken banter, but it will happen in some friendships. That's where you need to judge her personality and your relationship.

If in doubt, either ask her straight up, or just see if she keeps at it?

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm not really asking what to do... I just wonder if I could be misreading the signals
In that case, you have a history of being close, and she tells you straight up her batteries ran out, come on son. If you talk regularly and tell each other everything and yet this came off as new and odd, then yeah it's probably something mister.

Depends how awful you are honestly if your good it's a breeze but other wise er you will die numerous times.

Guess I'll know which side of the fence I stand once I've done this first part. Tbh if I could parry properly, and was a little more patient in judging attacks I think I'd have been okay.

Mistel

Banned
Guess I'll know which side of the fence I stand once I've done this first part. Tbh if I could parry properly, and was a little more patient in judging attacks I think I'd have been okay.
If you are a royal there's a weapon that can carry you very far in the game early on.

If you are a royal there's a weapon that can carry you very far in the game early on.

Ah, Temple Knight I think.

I made him look a little like Liquid Snake though via swept back hair and called him liquidous. Imagine my disappointment when the pre written messages I can leave don't include "BROTHERS! I've been waiting for this!". Not fair.

Mistel

Banned
Ah, Temple Knight I think.

I made him look a little like Liquid Snake though via swept back hair and called him liquidous. Imagine my disappointment when the pre written messages I can leave don't include "BROTHERS! I've been waiting for this!". Not fair.
Temple knights are a good class for a beginner heal and a halberd will get you far.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What are everyone's plans for the extra holiday?

We're off to see a film. E also gave me her old ipad so I'm wondering about trying Hearthstone. Kind of scared that it might take over my life.

PS the middle of Ferrero Rocher is really just Nutella, a nut and some wafer, isn't it? I swear it tastes just like Nutella.

Edit: also got to stop watching BNP TV. I am becoming obsessed with immigration.

AcridMeat

Banned
What are everyone's plans for the extra holiday?

We're off to see a film. E also gave me her old ipad so I'm wondering about trying Hearthstone. Kind of scared that it might take over my life.
Which film?

Hearthstone is excellent if you're into board/card games. It's very quick to learn and pretty addictive thanks to the production value and balance. You'll be hooked for a week, then depending on how it goes, you may stop or it will actually devour everything you've ever known.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Which film?

Hearthstone is excellent if you're into board/card games. It's very quick to learn and pretty addictive thanks to the production value and balance. You'll be hooked for a week, then depending on how it goes, you may stop or it will actually devour everything you've ever known.

There's not much out this week so we're going to see The Grand Budapest Hotel - they're still showing it at the Odeon.

You see, that's why I'm frightened! I already have an addictive / obsessive personality! I'm going to try it anyway.

Nutella is made by Ferrero, so probably.

That's my theory, too. Associates of mine refuse to accept this fact.

AcridMeat

Banned
There's not much out this week so we're going to see The Grand Budapest Hotel - they're still showing it at the Odeon.

You see, that's why I'm frightened! I already have an addictive / obsessive personality! I'm going to try it anyway.
You sound like me.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is a must see in my opinion so good choice! It's one of the best theatre experiences I've had in a long time.

Well, that is until I saw The Raid 2 a couple weeks ago.

Chinner

Banned
wished the grand budapest hotel was still showing around me. missed it. : (

also missed the raid 2.

will probably miss godzilla.

this is why u guys need to stay single. don't worry about companionship, just get really fat and watch all the movies you want to watch.

NinjaBoiX

Woah at the Nutella thing, you just rocked my world sploatee.

Chinner, I don't really care that much about seeing most movies at the cinema. It all depends on the movie obviously, flashy blockbusters like Godzilla will be great on the big screen as it really helps illustrate the scale and bombast. And obviously those that benefit greatly from 3D like Avatar and stuff (still gutted I didn't catch Gravity on the big screen).

But films like comedies and thrillers I can take it or leave it. It's not like I don't see the point of seeing them at the cinema, a big screen a mammoth sound system always helps, but I'm just as happy watching most movies on the comfort of my own sofa tbh.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is superb. One of the most enjoyable films I've seen in a long, long time. Ralph is outstanding and really needs to do more comedy.

NinjaBoiX

I kind of get the parrying aspect of things now. My timing is still ropey, and I just expected to be able to do it whilst still holding L1.
You can, you just drop you block during the parry. You can hold L1 while you parry with L2 though and you'll bring your shield straight back up after.

Also, some shields have a much larger parry window than others, the Buckler shield for example.

You can, you just drop you block during the parry. You can hold L1 while you parry with L2 though and you'll bring your shield straight back up after.

Also, some shields have a much larger parry window than others, the Buckler shield for example.

Wait so I don't have to time letting go of L1 and grabbing L2? I can just keep my finger on L1 constantly? When I tried doing that I couldn't get my character to do anything, unless my timing was completely off?

NinjaBoiX

Wait so I don't have to time letting go of L1 and grabbing L2? I can just keep my finger on L1 constantly? When I tried doing that I couldn't get my character to do anything, unless my timing was completely off?
Really? Maybe I'm misremembering, I always thought you could do that. I was never too good at parrying anyway, I would always just dodge then counter. Which is why I failed at the Gwyn fight, you pretty much need to parry him.

Also, don't forget about the kick (forward and R1) as well as the jumping attack on forward and R2, so useful for guard breaking or just kicking fools off cliffs.

You can also execute your running attack with a simple backstep (circle while stationary), it took me way too long to work that out!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Did anyone listen to my mixtape? :c

Not yet sorry! But I didn't listen to any music since thursday so it's not personal :p Soon! If it's not good I'm going to come and tell you off though.

edit: left my iPod at home by accident today, currently listening to all of Melon Collie in the two hours I have remaining in the office. WANNA GO FOR A RIDE

NinjaBoiX

Who's tapes are these?

Suplex Backbreaker
Rockin' Kebab
Did anyone listen to my mixtape? :c
Listening to it now.

How was Groezrock then? Highlights and shit please.

Edit:

Robo's tape, it was OK, certainly very upbeat, it just sounded a little like an American Pie soundtrack in places. It got a bit better in the second half.

*whinges about a lack of variety*

It was a fun listen, but just a little much of the shouty teen angst and poppy punk. There were a few tracks that changed up the tempo nearer the end. I quite liked these:

Good Luck - West Wind Ride
Calvinball - Supertoys Last All Summer Long
Touché Amore - Home Away From Here
Texas Is The Reason - A Jack With One Eye
BTMI - Syke! Life Is Awesome!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
wished the grand budapest hotel was still showing around me. missed it. : (

also missed the raid 2.

will probably miss godzilla.

this is why u guys need to stay single. don't worry about companionship, just get really fat and watch all the movies you want to watch.
That's okay, I will summarize the film for you:

MiserlyFatalCrownofthornsstarfish.gif

Sneds

Hey!

When is your birthday: 21 May
Where do you live: Sheffield
Where are you from: Bolton
What do you do: PhD student
What is your quest: To finish my thesis.
Favourite actor/actress: Ellen Page
Favourite band/artist: Oasis
Favourite TV show: The Wire
Favourite crisps: Prawn Cocktail Seabrooks
Favourite biscuit: Milk chocolate Hobnob
Least favourite Pokémon: Jynx
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalactites
How do you cut your sandwiches: I don't

Oh hey Sneds. Another Sheffield GAFfer! I say that as if it's something I've been looking for when really I've just lived her a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom