• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Finding "Maddie" should be a quest handed out by the Mail Faction quest giver.

Only caring about white middle class kids will grant bonuses with said faction.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's great that ideas are flowing but before you get too carried away with tiny bits and pieces the main structure needs to be laid out. Otherwise it'll be like when I made RPGs as a kid where I just put in whatever because it would be funny at the time and the quest never ended because there was no proper plot holding it together.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
So it's modern day, I guess? Are you going for the whole "BritGAF RPG: The Search for Cunt", thingy? Like you said, each "kingdom" has a letter of powah or whatever? Is there magic or anything?

SKINNER!

Banned
It's great that ideas are flowing but before you get too carried away with tiny bits and pieces the main structure needs to be laid out. Otherwise it'll be like when I made RPGs as a kid where I just put in whatever because it would be funny at the time and the quest never ended because there was no proper plot holding it together.

Four Worlds and getting the CUNT letters is good.

What about characters?
Bosses?
Items?
Any plot points/twists?

NinjaBoiX

Things are really picking up steam with the RPG eh?

Many lol's had, this could rival Stick of Truth in the comedy stakes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Four Worlds and getting the CUNT letters is good.

What about characters?
Bosses?
Items?
Any plot points/twists?

Well I suggested worlds because it would allow individuals/groups to make their own scenarios before we put it together as one big game.

At its most basic this would mean a starting area, worlds C to T and a final level.

I would suggest some people play around with an RPG Maker to see what is possible with the basic tools because that would allow as many to be involved. This of course would limit us to using the default elements like the battle system unless someone was really willing to work out how to make a custom one (which is possible, but you have to consider coming up with your own rules and whatnot and that's a task in its self)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well I suggested worlds because it would allow individuals/groups to make their own scenarios before we put it together as one big game.

At its most basic this would mean a starting area, worlds C to T and a final level.

I would suggest some people play around with an RPG Maker to see what is possible with the basic tools because that would allow as many to be involved. This of course would limit us to using the default elements like the battle system unless someone was really willing to work out how to make a custom one (which is possible, but you have to consider coming up with your own rules and whatnot and that's a task in its self)

You could have something like 'The Thread' or 'OT' as a hub world/first village populated by NeoGAF members.

What is RPG Makers battle system? I can't really download shit-all to my wife's computer.

I like that there's an actual goal that supports a narrative and progression.

As such I think the title should be Cunt Quest

With a subtitle before or after. For example Cunt Quest: Tales from BritGAF or Cunt Quest: Myths and Bellends

But I agree with BGBW, we're all bursting with ideas but there's got to be based on solid foundations.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
2000 had a basic turn based Dragon Quest style system.
2003 had was like FFVI's active turn based system.
XP and VX go back to the turn based system of 2000 but since they allow scripting one could in theory download a custom script to change this.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
2000 had a basic turn based Dragon Quest style system.
2003 had was like FFVI's active turn based system.
XP and VX go back to the turn based system of 2000 but since they allow scripting one could in theory download a custom script to change this.

Which one do you prefer to use that every can access? Can you just alter the names/graphics of stuff rather than have to build entire mechanics in? Do I ask a lot of questions? Where do babies come from?

SKINNER!

Banned

Cool, I'll look into that this weekend. Plenty of great ideas thrown around here though.

SteveWD40

We should all be selectable playable characters / recruit-able NPC's

Relationships are available with certain conditions (so to get off with Ninj for example you will need a redhead wig).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the advantage of the DQ system is that you only see the monsters so we'd only have to be concerned with making custom graphics for those where as the FFVI system shows your characters on screen at all times so we'd have to make graphics for those as well.

It's very easy to make a game since the base of an RPG is made for you. I mean one wouldn't even have to make their own graphics since it comes with those though I assume we'd want to make our own crappy graphics to give it some flavour. You can change the name and look of almost everything.

We should all be selectable playable characters / recruit-able NPC's

Relationships are available with certain conditions (so to get off with Ninj for example you will need a redhead wig).
First one is easy enough. The second one... well I'll let you be in charge of scripting it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
All

Can I suggest someone compiles ideas in a document. Let's book a meeting room and drill down into the detail. Pls can someone ask a junior person to do research into the various rpg s out there - tabular format is best.

Krs

Sploat

I am in work mode

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
This is waaaaaaaaay better than work.

The simpler the better I reckon. Use the battle system they provide but just change the names/graphics of bits to make it more suitably British: Cricket Bats, Planks of Wood with Nails through it, Glass Bottles, Dust Bin Lids for shields etc.

Magic could just be mundane stuff like, I dunno, Shit-Fling or Burning Cigarette Butts.

SO: Who is stopping us use the word CUNT... and why?

First one is easy enough. The second one... well I'll let you be in charge of scripting it.

Could that not be a really simple mini-quest? Like: talk to Ninj, Complete red wig quest, talk to Ninj again, joins party.

All

Can I suggest someone compiles ideas in a document. Let's book a meeting room and drill down into the detail. Pls can someone ask a junior person to do research into the various rpg s out there - tabular format is best.

Krs

Sploat

I am in work mode

We park our cars in the same choir. Let's take a swim in the imagination lake and see if we can't fish out some ideas. We'll sunset a few multi-nodal concepts, yeah?

NinjaBoiX

You should be able to put your hood up like a scary British yoof to intimidate foes. Maybe it could lower the frequency of random encounters or something.

Also, each character should have a special sneak attack for when you get the drop on an enemy. KentPaul's pre-emptive strike could be a punch to the back of the head for example.
Minj the Maij isn't fussy man, but his "Struggle Snuggle" limit break is more effective against redheads.

Sneds

This is waaaaaaaaay better than work.

The simpler the better I reckon. Use the battle system they provide but just change the names/graphics of bits to make it more suitably British: Cricket Bats, Planks of Wood with Nails through it, Glass Bottles, Dust Bin Lids for shields etc.

Magic could just be mundane stuff like, I dunno, Shit-Fling or Burning Cigarette Butts.

SO: Who is stopping us use the word CUNT... and why?

It's a mystery until the end when, in a shocking twist, it's revealed the villain is SmokyDave who banned cunt because he didn't want his baby to hear swearing.

Or it's Alex Salmond who knows that the word cunt is the one thing that truly unites Britain.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
We park our cars in the same choir. Let's take a swim in the imagination lake and see if we can't fish out some ideas. We'll sunset a few multi-nodal concepts, yeah?

MEAT I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU USED THE TERM MULTI NODAL IN AN INTERNAL COMMUNICATION! AND A PARTNER WAS COPIED IN TOO! THEY WILL BOTH READ THE EMAIL AND CARE! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE PRESSURE I AM UNDER! YOU SIMPLY DON'T WRITE MULTI NODAL WHEN YOU EMAIL A (GASP) PARTNER! A PARTNER! I WILL REMEMBER THIS FOREVER! PLEASE PASS EVERY ONE LINE EMAIL TO ME PRIOR TO SENDING FOR MY REVIEW.

this stuff really happens

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
MEAT I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU USED THE TERM MULTI NODAL IN AN INTERNAL COMMUNICATION! AND A PARTNER WAS COPIED IN TOO! THEY WILL BOTH READ THE EMAIL AND CARE! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE PRESSURE I AM UNDER! YOU SIMPLY DON'T WRITE MULTI NODAL WHEN YOU EMAIL A (GASP) PARTNER! A PARTNER! I WILL REMEMBER THIS FOREVER! PLEASE PASS EVERY ONE LINE EMAIL TO ME PRIOR TO SENDING FOR MY REVIEW.

this stuff really happens

Listen, Sploat, we need to play King Cnut for a moment and push back the emotional waves, yeah? We need to detoxify the issue and initiate a green-light on this omni-locational dialogue-orientated interface party before we get any hair on the lens, okay? Let's hot-house that one in case it blows up.

Sounds awful, Sploat. Tell them to fuck themselves.

Something really manly and involving a knife.

The STITCH THAT manoeuvre.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Good call on The Way Way Back, JackBen. Thanks for that. It was lovely and I almost teared up at the end. Sam Rockwell is so watchable in anything he's in. I can't think of another current actor with that much versatility and skill.
Yeah love him, almost feel like he is severely underrated. Definitely needs more kudos for the depth he brings to his roles. I feel like the guy he plays in Way Way Back could easily be on some Dane Cook level shit but he makes it way better in giving his character a realism beyond just being goofy for the sake of it.

Have you seen Perks of Being a Wallflower yet?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh man youse guys, so brilliant. So we need to think of quests and stuff right? Will get to brain storming. I totes agree that as many custom grfx as poss would be best , give it a real janky charm. All BGAF regulars as party members, aces.

One thing we need to nail down is whether this is about BGAF specifically or Britain as a whole. I vote BGAF if only to have it be as insular and cliquey as possible.

I like the idea of a nonviolent, message board based skin for the combat. Special attacks like sarcasm or ad hominem attacks, you don't die you get banned etc. baddies could be various other GAFers from other threads, that could be a lark.

Hmmm think thinking

SteveWD40

Saying you'll turn up for meets only to bail at the last minute?

ejiqJch.gif

I made my mini meet quota...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think Chinner should be like that cunty owl in Zelda. He keeps too much distance to really be a part of the party, but he shows up to parade poop sometimes. There should also be a phone you can use to access whatsapp to get Kent Paul's words of wisdom. Phisheep should be all the shopkeepers. One of the quests should be helping noffles to lose his virginity to a French girl.

NinjaBoiX

I think Chinner should be like that cunty owl in Zelda. He keeps too much distance to really be a part of the party, but he shows up to parade poop sometimes. There should also be a phone you can use to access whatsapp to get Kent Paul's words of wisdom. Phisheep should be all the shopkeepers. One of the quests should be helping noffles to lose his virginity to a French girl.
For a small fee you can choose the "Hyperbole" option from his dialogue box to find out where "the best sword/staff/armour in the world ever" is located.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom