• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I found bgbw's youtube account

tumblr_moxxb6SffL1r49v9ho1_500.png

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Great, I'll be setting up a thread so sub that to keep updated with the plan!

Oh yeah, you gonna do the whole night again Jed? Bring the missus too, I think if we get a few more girls it will encourage others to come!

Possibly, she works Saturdays but I'll see what we can do :)

SmokyDave

Ha!

I have. I got a good few hours out of it, but it never grabbed me. Although it does have that scary mechanic whereby when you fail you can restart instantly. Those games are like time vortexes. Trials is doing that to me at the moment. I only ever mean to play it for fifteen mins...
Man, I picked up Trials Fusion and haven't been able to find time to play it. Gotta get on that next week, I fucking love Trials games.

CHEEZMO™;111026806 said:
I found bgbw's youtube account

tumblr_moxxb6SffL1r49v9ho1_500.png

No shit you're not out with other humans. Probably for the best.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I bet Banksy is a gaffer.

I doubt it, I used to enjoy his work but now it feels so overhyped, sure it's cool but you get him drawing on the side of your house and you're insta-rich

It's kinda tainted, I wish a load of copycats would bomb a city with loads of work with him amongst them and then never confirm which is the real one or something

NinjaBoiX

I used to enjoy his work but now it feels so overhyped, sure it's cool but you get him drawing on the side of your house and you're insta-rich
I wouldn't say he's overhyped at this point Tash, far from it, the bubble burst a long time ago. Doesn't make him any less relevant, he's just not the new hot shit that the kids go nuts for anymore.

I wouldn't mind being a penny behind the guy like.
BritGAF should create it's own JRPG. Who's with me?
Can I be Chinner's love interest who actually turns out to be the bad guy's half cousin?

Rubbish King

I wouldn't say he's overhyped at this point Tash, far from it, the bubble burst a long time ago.
HE's not but his work is.

It's like he is some elusive Da vinci, but instead of 'mirin the work for what it is, it's fucking framed or the chunk of wall is removed from a building in the fear that some cunt will vandalise it or that it can be sold to the highest bidder.

Street art isn't meant to be permanent, that's the beauty of it. When I heard that banksy had done something down in torquay everyone was mad hype and it was all over the news, the hotel was valued at like triple the amount previously and it was coated in anti-vandal stuff..

Then someone chucked bleach on it and ruined it, I didn't laugh because it was a good piece of art which was shame but the devastation was amazing

On an objective level I like Banksy's art but I find the hubbub surrounding him and his stuff offputting.

People talk about him like he's Batman, some masked and unseen character who swoops down in the night but, rather than handing out justice, leaves behind a kind of vague political statement or piece of social commentary in spray paint. It's neat but people over estimate it's importance because there's a bit of mystery about him.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
BritGAF should create it's own JRPG. Who's with me?

Great idea. I'd love to help!

It's neat but people over estimate it's importance because there's a bit of mystery about him.

His persona sparks people's imaginations. Considering we live in the Age of the Internet and High Science, where mystery is all but a thing of the past and knowledge is consistently mistaken for wisdom, a little bit here and there is no bad thing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, RPG Maker is probably best as anyone can use it (I prefer XP over VX for look (well actually I'm still partial to the older 2k/3)). Best to get at least some idea of the story (just beginning, the middle and end) so at least some sort of end goal is being worked towards and then maybe let people come up with their own scenarios to work on e.g. the idea is to collect a number of things to get to the final place so we each come up with the different locations for one of said thing to be gotten.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The map should be like England, with different GAFers in their various locales who can then be recruited for the party should you so wish. Maybe this way we'll finally be able to get NorthGAF to join a party? lololololol

NinjaBoiX

HE's not but his work is.
Eh, they're one and the same though Tash. That's the whole point behind the pseudonym, Banksy is his art and vice versa. The public at large know very little about the man himself. He's kept his personal life entirely separate from his art, and rather successfully it has to be said.

I agree with the rest though.
On an objective level I like Banksy's art but I find the hubbub surrounding him and his stuff offputting. It's neat but people over estimate it's importance because there's a bit of mystery about him.
This is a fair point.
I think Banksy is pretty cool but he's very early-2000s, it's very zeitgeisty and not particularly timeless IMO.
As is this.

Everyone watch Exit Through The Gift Shop please. Thanks.

Edit: Link to full movie.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah, RPG Maker is probably best as anyone can use it (I prefer XP over VX for look (well actually I'm still partial to the older 2k/3)). Best to get at least some idea of the story (just beginning, the middle and end) so at least some sort of end goal is being worked towards and then maybe let people come up with their own scenarios to work on e.g. the idea is to collect a number of things to get to the final place so we each come up with the different locations for one of said thing to be gotten.

Haha sweet. I'll take a look at RPG maker and see if I can be of assisting from the development side. Let's get everyone involved with voice acting work too.

If this takes off I'll be laughing hard.

NinjaBoiX

The special edition vinyl release of Jack White's new album sounds crazy. There is a bonus track hidden under the sticker (wut) and side B has a double groove construction meaning you get either acoustic or electric versions of the tracks depending on where you place the needle.

xLvRTkG.jpg

Ah, the benefits of having your own pressing plant eh?

The new single is amazeballs too:

Jack White - Lazaretto

SmokyDave

Haha sweet. I'll take a look at RPG maker and see if I can be of assisting from the development side. Let's get everyone involved with voice acting work too.

If this takes off I'll be laughing hard.
Can I record the line 'I fucking hate JRPGs' and have it be the only line that my NPC says?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I will contribute to the BritGAF self-referential RPG in anyway I can. Programming, however, is quite beyond me.

One of the mini-quests could be to collect as many Quavers as possible via sucking off a variety of dogs?

SKINNER!

Banned
Can I record the line 'I fucking hate JRPGs' and have it be the only line that my NPC says?

We'll have a side quest where the group would need to defeat a mob of bad guys in order to gain vital information from the Smoky Dave and the only thing he'll say is that line.

SKINNER!

Banned
lololol Vita Sword. This shit practically writes itself.

After a nationwide ban on the word "cunt", our heroes must travel across BritGAF to defeat the baddies and restore order before the next London meetup.

Final Boss is
Cyanide

disguised as sadetar

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I think the attributes for characters should be things like

Social awkwardness
Height
Wrist strength
Time between blinks
Hygiene
Demeanour (this can be only happy or sad)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So we have four worlds where the heroes must collect one of each letter to form the word "cunt"?

Also currency must be called mad stacks.

SKINNER!

Banned
So we have four worlds where the heroes must collect one of each letter to form the word "cunt"?

Four Worlds: London, North GAF, North North GAF, ROI GAF.

Bonus levels (DLC): Loading bar, Eurogamer, that dutch bar. Regents Park. Kings Cross station.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think the attributes for characters should be things like

Social awkwardness
Height
Wrist strength
Time between blinks
Hygiene
Demeanour (this can be only happy or sad)

Amazing. You could maybe use these stats to make a combat system based around banter or social interactions or summink like that.

There should always be a dialogue option labelled 'Glass'.

Pro tip: take the young, childlike female character with you in your party, he has an elemental weakness for them.

giphy.gif

Pro tip: take the young, childlike female character with you in your party, he has an elemental weakness for them.

"Pre-Pubescent" could be one of the elemental damage modifiers for weapons. Unlocked after you defeat all the sub bosses of the Kinky Kids Klub which include Jimmy Saville and Ian Watkins.

I'd have gone for wonga.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
"Pre-Pubescent" could be one of the elemental damage modifiers for weapons. Unlocked after you defeat all the sub bosses of the Kinky Kids Klub which include Jimmy Saville and Ian Watkins.

I'd have gone for wonga.

How about the ingame currency is simply 'debt'
?

This is the UK. We only exist thanks to the generosity of our lenders.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Amazing. You could maybe use these stats to make a combat system based around banter or social interactions or summink like that.

There should always be a dialogue option labelled 'Glass'.

Yeah def - optimism should be seen as a negative trait IMO. It's just not British.

Can Nick Griffin be a boss? And be a Griffin?

I approve of "debt" as the currency. Perhaps another boss could be The Bankers the Bonuses the Bankers the Bonuses.

Nick Griffin could be in it but only in his Final Form does he actually transform into a white supremacist griffin.

Rubbish King

I approve of "debt" as the currency. Perhaps another boss could be The Bankers the Bonuses the Bankers the Bonuses.

Nick Griffin could be in it but only in his Final Form does he actually transform into a white supremacist griffin.

This has gone from mildly entertaining to quite an interesting prospect

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Nick Griffin to Safer Britain Griffin to One-Winged Griffin.

Nigel Farage should be in there too, even if it's just a move Griffin uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom