• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

So yeah I was in London on Saturday night celebrating my birthday (which was on Sunday 11th, but travelling is easier on Saturdays) and I actually got carded at one of the pubs we went in. I was like "thanks mate, I just turned 36!" when I showed him the ID.

Last night's Xbox news inspired me to get a next gen console.

So I impulse bought a WiiU today.

Also we had ice cream at work as the ice cream van went by.

GOOD DAY.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wow weak lurker troll out of left field!

I bought a pint of Ben and Jerry from the store and ate it before bed last night because I'm an adult and can do whatever I want. It was good. Except I had weird dreams.

When are you going to get a next gen console then?

When HMV flogs it for £150.

I kid. PS4 when it's down a hundred quid and I've saved up and there's a WOW game I want.

--

And yeah, Lego bundle. They didn't have Wind Waker, which I bloody love, but the GF loves lego games too so added bonus. She played and enjoyed the 3DS one, so will be interesting to see how the WiiU one is.

I'd jump on that Wii U bundle, but I'd feel mighty irresponsible doing it whilst still unemployed. Also I've got an exam tomorrow and my last assignment due in Friday, so I really don't need the distraction...

Shame, because £150 is my perfect price for that thing.

AcridMeat

Banned
Sploatee sploats what is your favorite class in Hearthstone so far? I'd recommend Paladin as it's a bossy boss of a man deck.

I went back to Trials Revolution a couple nights ago, still great fun to be had there. I'm glad I didn't jump on the new one yet as I still have a lot to do in Revo.

Mr. Sam

I'd jump on that Wii U bundle, but I'd feel mighty irresponsible doing it whilst still unemployed. Also I've got an exam tomorrow and my last assignment due in Friday, so I really don't need the distraction...

Shame, because £150 is my perfect price for that thing.

Am I missing something. What is this!?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sploatee sploats what is your favorite class in Hearthstone so far? I'd recommend Paladin as it's a bossy boss of a man deck.

I went back to Trials Revolution a couple nights ago, still great fun to be had there. I'm glad I didn't jump on the new one yet as I still have a lot to do in Revo.

I'll give it a go. I've gone back to mage. I went and bloody spent some monai, dinnai!

I'm online now if you fancy a quick game. But it might be pointless cos if you move to Europe server, you have to play with 0 xp and ditto if I move to American server. So stupid.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'll give it a go. I've gone back to mage. I went and bloody spent some monai, dinnai!

I'm online now if you fancy a quick game. But it might be pointless cos if you move to Europe server, you have to play with 0 xp and ditto if I move to American server. So stupid.
OOooh money. You've gone down a dangerous pit you know? I'm pretty upset about that server situation. It's a card game there's not really latency to worry about. :/

AcridMeat

Banned
Mage is god tier in arena, 4 flamestrikes? 12 wins!
Yeah I hate facing mages in arena for this reason...I had total board control with taunts and minions ready to win the game, and they just play two pyroblasts back to back turns and win -_-

Flamestrike is a card that deals 4 damage to all enemies. Pyroblast is a spell that deals 10 damage.

So I met James O'Barr!

D118DE8C-BB56-4663-AF5E-7C5ADE422110_zpsncwfgfmk.jpg

And he signed my book!

07F48691-BB3F-474A-9497-5F39C129653D_zps9ownam4p.jpg

Such a dude. I was a bit of a fan girl but not too bad. He loved my tattoo.

Esque7

Not sure if this is where I should be posting, but I may be studying in the UK for a year(from the US) and was looking for some info/opinions. My main question is how safe are Glasgow and London? I've heard and read that Glasgow has a somewhat violent reputation, but is it safe to just walk around the city? Or is most of the violence just in the gangs and whatnot. Thanks for any help!

8bit

Knows the Score
Not sure if this is where I should be posting, but I may be studying in the UK for a year(from the US) and was looking for some info/opinions. My main question is how safe are Glasgow and London? I've heard and read that Glasgow has a somewhat violent reputation, but is it safe to just walk around the city? Or is most of the violence just in the gangs and whatnot. Thanks for any help!

As with any city, there are good and bad areas. A little awareness and self preservation and you'll be fine. If you're studying in Glasgow you're not that likely to find yourself in the dodgier areas unless you make a concerted effort to get lost.

SKINNER!

Banned
I've heard and read that Glasgow has a somewhat violent reputation, but is it safe to just walk around the city? Or is most of the violence just in the gangs and whatnot. Thanks for any help!

Clearly Glasgow is as notoriously bad as the streets of Compton. That's why it's hosting the Commonwealth games, BBC Radio 1's big weekend, the Mtv Europe music awards and a whole load of music gigs.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Clearly Glasgow is as notoriously bad as the streets of Compton. That's why it's hosting the Commonwealth games, BBC Radio 1's big weekend, the Mtv Europe music awards and a whole load of music gigs.

Doesn't everyone in Glasgow have a bionic foot? I heard that the population is being fitted with exoskeletons.

Juicy Bob

Guys, I really need to invest in a new laptop for work and pleasure-related purposes.

Does anyone know of a good place to go to look for computer stuff? Thanks.

SKINNER!

Banned
Doesn't everyone in Glasgow have a bionic foot? I heard that the population is being fitted with exoskeletons.

The scheme started as far back as 2010 and it has been predicted that by 2016 every Glaswegian man, woman and child in the city will be a cyborg. Part of Salmomd's security initiative to ensure that the population can protect their necks.

I live in London and I have bars on my windows and doors, I never leave the house except to go to work and even that's risky, I've been mugged 1037 times, it's super dangerous only super hard gangs and the odd vigilanty risk being on the streets after dark.

Glasgow is even worse.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The scheme started as far back as 2010 and it has been predicted that by 2016 every Glaswegian man, woman and child in the city will be a cyborg. Part of Salmomd's security initiative to ensure that the population can protect their necks.

1. Serve the public trust
2. Protect the innocent
3. Uphold the law

SKINNER!

Banned
I live in London and I have bars on my windows and doors, I never leave the house except to go to work and even that's risky, I've been mugged 1037 times, it's super dangerous only super hard gangs and the odd vigilanty risk being on the streets after dark.

Glasgow is even worse.

I still remember that night you saved me from those chavs on their Harleys by waving your flaming torch and shouting "Back off you dirty cunts! This one's mine" Dem London streets are murdaa!

I am forever in your debt :')

1. Serve the public trust
2. Protect the innocent
3. Uphold the law

XF17lMa.gif

NinjaBoiX

Just get a rape alarm and learn how to scream like a girl.
I still remember that night you saved me from those chavs on their Harleys by waving your flaming torch and shouting "Back off you dirty cunts! This one's mine" Dem London streets are murdaa!

I am forever in your debt :')
Chavs on Harley Davidson's? Lol, wut.

Well that was exciting. Some dickhead abandoned a car in the middle of the junction outside Bank Station, so the cops cordoned off all the roads, told us we weren't allowed to leave our building and to stay away from the windows!

We've now been allowed out and foot traffic is allowed through, the car is still there though, they've just got barriers around it.

I was kinda hoping it would blow up, I've always wanted to see a real life explosion. Ah well.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
There's always time. I think we will all be exposed to car bombing at some point, it's just the way things are going these days.

Randomly, did you know that one of the theories about the Turin Shroud is that the imprint was caused by radiation from Jesus' resurrection (!) ? Crazy.

Also.

SarfernGAF

I hope you are well.

There is a 64.3% change I will be in Wooburn Green around about 5/6th June. Google tells me it's about an hour away from Landan, so, subject to any change in plans as a result of gang abduction, I will be available to meet with you in person for a nominal fee of £0.00001 payable in advance.

Please do let me know if you will be around and/or about during this time. I will consider making arrangements with my team in order to facilitate a meeting.

Kind regards

Sploatee

S. PLOATEE RMB TSC BA BBBC BYOBBB
BIG CHIEF OF THINGS
PLACE OF WORK
NORF ENKLAND

Son Of D

Ok, I think I can make the meet next month but if I do come along I'll likely need somewhere to stay the night since the friend I was planning on visiting during then is unavailable. So unless I can sort something else out I'll need a place for the night.

There's always time. I think we will all be exposed to car bombing at some point, it's just the way things are going these days.

Randomly, did you know that one of the theories about the Turin Shroud is that the imprint was caused by radiation from Jesus' resurrection (!) ? Crazy.

Also.

SarfernGAF

I hope you are well.

There is a 64.3% change I will be in Wooburn Green around about 5/6th June. Google tells me it's about an hour away from Landan, so, subject to any change in plans as a result of gang abduction, I will be available to meet with you in person for a nominal fee of £0.00001 payable in advance.

Please do let me know if you will be around and/or about during this time. I will consider making arrangements with my team in order to facilitate a meeting.

Kind regards

Sploatee

S. PLOATEE RMB TSC BA BBBC BYOBBB
BIG CHIEF OF THINGS
PLACE OF WORK
NORF ENKLAND

I might be able to move somethings and slot you in ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom