• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
If your unemployed and know anything about the nextgen consoles beyond what you've read on GAF, something is very wrong with the world.

I was in university, but had to leave because of personal circumstances.

I used some of my student grant at the time to buy my PS4.

Reknoc

Whoops I never got around to finding my b.net id for hearthstone but it's too late for I have found the future of gaming:

H01URkS.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
Well that was exciting. Some dickhead abandoned a car in the middle of the junction outside Bank Station, so the cops cordoned off all the roads, told us we weren't allowed to leave our building and to stay away from the windows!

We've now been allowed out and foot traffic is allowed through, the car is still there though, they've just got barriers around it.

I was kinda hoping it would blow up, I've always wanted to see a real life explosion. Ah well.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...unction-near-the-bank-of-england-9375845.html

Reknoc

Apparently there was a bomb scare down the road from where I worked a week or so ago. Though no terrorist trying to blow up a tescos, they just found an old WW2 artillery shell or something during the construction of the tram lines.

Didn't even know until hours later when I was going home and wanted to look up why the timetables were warning about bus delays.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Everyone on this thread who has an ipad and or a PC and doesn't play Hearthstone, I'm playing my real life flame strike card

Hahaha you all have 4 damage!! Hahaha good luck recovering that. hahahahahahhahahahahahab

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
hearthstone is yesterdays news, all the cool kids are playing love live! school idol festival

B)

I don't know what that is. But judging by BGBW 's response it's a Japanese anime type thing?

If so, I'll go to my grave as uncool as I was at birth. Which is a clunky way of saying hell no.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or attacking me.

It's not my fault I'm on JSA, it's my only way or surviving at the moment.

A little from column a, a little from column b.

I don't think buying consoles with a student loan is a good thing. But on the other hand, you could maybe use some of that JSA to make a t-shirt that says "I went to university and all I got was this lousy ps4"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well from what I played it's a fun rhythm game. It does have a story mode (basically watching a conversation) which you have to view to make progress so if you're not a fan of japanese animated school girls chit chatting you may not have a good time. It is F2P but you really don't have to spend anything to progress and the wait time is pretty redundant. I've not found myself waiting so far, but I only played it a bit yesterday so who knows what the long term is like. There is a semi grinding element to it but unless you really want a team of your favourite character from the show at max level I doubt this will bother you. One niggle, on Android the screen rotation is fixed and for some reason they chose the orientation that doesn't allow one to use a folding covers table rest configuration.

So basically it's a fun free rhythm game for your phone or tablet.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
so if you're not a fan of japanese animated school girls chit chatting you may not have a good time.

This is just so far away from my comprehension. It's like Pokemon. I do not understand. The manga section at Waterstones is huge. I do not understand.

Reknoc

This is just so far away from my comprehension. It's like Pokemon. I do not understand. The manga section at Waterstones is huge. I do not understand.

you have a way better waterstones than me then, the manga section is one side of two tiny half shelves, though that was an upgrade from one of those spinny things.

Not that it really matters because there's a forbidden planet here and a really good independent.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
you have a way better waterstones than me then, the manga section is one side of two tiny half shelves, though that was an upgrade from one of those spinny things.

Not that it really matters because there's a forbidden planet here and a really good independent.

Oh. Maybe it's not big. It's two bookcases worth, basically. I glance over, worry about my disappearing youth, and then look at the literary graphic novels.

Oh. Maybe it's not big. It's two bookcases worth, basically. I glance over, worry about my disappearing youth, and then look at the literary graphic novels.

My Waterstones has a "Black Library" set of shelves dedicated to Warhammer 40K books. Manga goes in the revolving case while graphic novels have a half shelf.

Reknoc

My Waterstones has a "Black Library" set of shelves dedicated to Warhammer 40K books. Manga goes in the revolving case while graphic novels have a half shelf.

Yea there's a Warhammer shelf here as well though it shares some space with video game based novels and is right next to tv show novels.

A wall for super hero comics but everything else is on the other side of the manga half shelf. Though once they did have a rake of int. comics like XIII which I regret not getting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I only have a local Smiths which has nothing. Not that it matters since the series I like will never be licenced.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You know how you can play music to the baby when its still inside? Could you imagine if you played him /her the holy bible by the Manics? That'd be crazy

NinjaBoiX

I heard about these metallic balls with a little bell inside that you can use during your pregnancy.

The idea is that when you're feeling most at ease and relaxed, sitting watching the TV or whatever, you roll the ball around on your belly so the baby attributes that sound with a calm, contended feeling.

Then apparently the sound of the ball will calm the child when it's crying and stuff. Sounds a bit pavlovian to me but if it works it works.

8bit

Knows the Score
I heard about these metallic balls with a little bell inside that you can use during your pregnancy.

The idea is that when you're feeling most at ease and relaxed, sitting watching the TV or whatever, you roll the ball around on your belly so the baby attributes that sound with a calm, contended feeling.

Then apparently the sound of the ball will calm the child when it's crying and stuff. Sounds a bit pavlovian to me but if it works it works.

Dunno man, sounds like someone was fibbing to you about what their Ben wa Balls were actually for.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah Tash, great news man!
Dunno man, sounds like someone was fibbing to you about what their Ben wa Balls were actually for.
Haha. I had it wrong anyway, it's actually a necklace called a Bola:

Wikipedia said:
A Bola is a bell worn by women on a long necklace during their pregnancy.[1] It is traditionally used in Mexico and Bali and is know under other names, such as harmony ball and pregnancy bell. The ball hangs low on the abdomen so the gentle chime soothes the baby as mother moves. When the baby is born, the baby is believed to be extra soothed by the sound because the child associates it with its time in the womb.

Just watched the Season 2 finale of Arrow.

I can't remember the last time a tv show took me on such a rollercoaster of emotion. Better than Game of Thrones.

YES THAT'S RIGHT YOU HEARD ME, BETTER THAN MUTHA FUCKIN GAME OF THRONES.

I actually applauded. So sad it's going to be so long till the next Season :'(

Son Of D

I can't remember the last time a tv show took me on such a rollercoaster of emotion. Better than Game of Thrones.

That good is it? Need to start watching Season 1 soon (and by soon I mean starting tomorrow night). You seen the Flash trailer yet?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Googling my username results in rather funny things because coincidently I'm not the only one using these four letters, thus you end up with quotes like:
BGBW has become a national institution and I love it.
Thank you very much.

Looking forward to spending Saturday morning in my local park. (Sadly, my garden's not really suitable for BGBW at the moment - maybe next year.)
Steady on lad.

http://markavery.info/2013/01/24/ready-bgbw/

That good is it? Need to start watching Season 1 soon (and by soon I mean starting tomorrow night). You seen the Flash trailer yet?

It really is that good. It's one of those shows that's just gotten better and better as it's gone on.

Yeah I saw that small teaser trailer they had for it, pretty excited for the start of that too!

NinjaBoiX

I actually watched the first episode a few months ago, it was pretty good, I enjoyed it. The action was shot really well too. For whatever reason my attention was diverted but I'll get around to watching it properly at some point. I hear season 2 does pick up massively and it becomes amazing.
I did that the first time I watched 21 Grams. So many scenes had me out in goosebumps, once or twice fighting back tears, then utterly wrenched at the end. The lush score, crazy spliced up, spiralling narrative and Naomi Watts, Sean Penn, and Benicio Del Toro all on fine form.

I just started clapping without even thinking as the credits rolled, amazing movie.

Esque7

As with any city, there are good and bad areas. A little awareness and self preservation and you'll be fine. If you're studying in Glasgow you're not that likely to find yourself in the dodgier areas unless you make a concerted effort to get lost.

Figured as much. Also, with the whole Scottish Independence thing in September (when I would be going) I feel tensions will be a little higher than normal. Although I don't think that would really have bearing on me.

I live in London and I have bars on my windows and doors, I never leave the house except to go to work and even that's risky, I've been mugged 1037 times, it's super dangerous only super hard gangs and the odd vigilanty risk being on the streets after dark.

Glasgow is even worse.

I'll make sure I'm packing some heat then, as any other good US citizen.

8bit

Knows the Score
Figured as much. Also, with the whole Scottish Independence thing in September (when I would be going) I feel tensions will be a little higher than normal.

It's a referendum on Independence, not a revolution. No matter what the result Glasgow will erupt into a party. (That said if it's a yes then I fully expect the entire country to get so drunk it wakes up somewhere in the Caribbean).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Figured as much. Also, with the whole Scottish Independence thing in September (when I would be going) I feel tensions will be a little higher than normal. Although I don't think that would really have bearing on me.

I'll make sure I'm packing some heat then, as any other good US citizen.

Good thinking! We don't have as big a gun owning population here, so it'll certainly give you an advantage.

I'd be careful about the tensions in Glasgow though, from what I hear the Scottish Independents are working with Pyongyang to help develop a nuclear weapon. I'd say wait until the dust settles, then visit with your gun and take control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom