• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
Good thinking! We don't have as big a gun owning population here, so it'll certainly give you an advantage.

I'd be careful about the tensions in Glasgow though, from what I hear the Scottish Independents are working with Pyongyang to help develop a nuclear weapon. I'd say wait until the dust settles, then visit with your gun and take control.

Glasgow's already got nukes.

Trident out, Trident out!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Figured as much. Also, with the whole Scottish Independence thing in September (when I would be going) I feel tensions will be a little higher than normal. Although I don't think that would really have bearing on me.

I'll make sure I'm packing some heat then, as any other good US citizen.

Scotland will be fine, don't be a pussy. We don't have guns, you don't need to be as afraid for your life as you do in America. Just make sure you agree with whatever enthusiastic drunken Scots you meet around voting time and you will have the best night of your life. Also if you're scared just say you're Canadian, everyone loves Canada.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Did you ever hear the remaster?

That reminds me, I have it and haven't listened to it beyond the first song yet. Sounded aiiiight. Was tempted to get the vinyl, but going from paying nothing for music to paying £30 for a record I already have was a bit of a jump. So I got Cave In for £24, despite already having that too.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That reminds me, I have it and haven't listened to it beyond the first song yet. Sounded aiiiight. Was tempted to get the vinyl, but going from paying nothing for music to paying £30 for a record I already have was a bit of a jump. So I got Cave In for £24, despite already having that too.

That's expensive. It's an odd album to remaster, I thought it sounded perfect as it was. Good choice on Cave In. Been a fan for years :p

SteveWD40

So normal British weather then.

nOt8ewx.gif

Googled my user name.

Apparantly I accidentally named myself after a smooth talking Texan who robbed 10 banks in Manhatten between September and December 2011

Pretty gud.

I'd been using the name since before 2011 so actually he copied me really.

Vashetti

Banned
Googled my user name.

Apparantly I accidentally named myself after a smooth talking Texan who robbed 10 banks in Manhatten between September and December 2011

Pretty gud.

I'd been using the name since before 2011 so actually he copied me really.

Are you sure you're not just the Texan under a false identity?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Did you ever hear the remaster?

What remaster...? IU is my all time favourite album by my all time favourite band and my all time favourite record producer (don't call him that)... Why would they do such a ting?

This should be the official gif of BritGaf.

In fact, if someone could splice this with Jed dancing it would be perfection

Two Jeds either side would be incredible.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What remaster...? IU is my all time favourite album by my all time favourite band and my all time favourite record producer (don't call him that)... Why would they do such a thing

Because Nirvana are a 'catalogue' act now. It's odd. How do you remaster an albini album?! It's a great album though - very much made me into who I am today!

Busted indeed.

Also, today is my GAF birthday apparently.

Woot woot where's my cake

I will boil you an egg. You may eat it once cold.

I'm looking forward to finishing work and chilling in the garden.

Sounds lovely. Just finishing would be enough for me, I'm pooped.

The gif is amazing. Laughed out loud at that and at the robocop one yest.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Because Nirvana are a 'catalogue' act now. It's odd. How do you remaster an albini album?! It's a great album though - very much made me into who I am today!

Same. Milk It is... It's basically ground zero of my musical taste. That and sleeping next to a broken washing machine for over a decade.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Same. Milk It is... It's basically ground zero of my musical taste. That and sleeping next to a broken washing machine for over a decade.

You're basically my male doppelganger, aren't you?!

I slept next to a toilet for a decade. It was very formative, listening to your parents do their thing in the middle of the night (with associated yawns, sighs and plops).

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You're basically my male doppelganger, aren't you?!

I slept next to a toilet for a decade. It was very formative, listening to your parents do their thing in the middle of the night (with associated yawns, sighs and plops).

MATTER AND ANTI-MATTER MUST NEVER COME IN CONTACT!

Ye gads to that last bit...

To be fair, my room was quite close to my parents and, over the broken washing machine, I'd occasionally hear them have sex and stuff (with associated yawns, sighs and plops).

Didn't mess me up one bit.

Nooooo siree.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
MATTER AND ANTI-MATTER MUST NEVER COME IN CONTACT!

Ye gads to that last bit...

To be fair, my room was quite close to my parents and, over the broken washing machine, I'd occasionally hear them have sex and stuff (with associated yawns, sighs and plops).

Didn't mess me up one bit.

Nooooo siree.

"They fuck you up, your mum and dad. "

Sat in central library and the gaming bit is expanding. Looks like 2 XBO and 2 ps4 now. Nice to see!

Lirlond

Figured as much. Also, with the whole Scottish Independence thing in September (when I would be going) I feel tensions will be a little higher than normal. Although I don't think that would really have bearing on me.

I'll make sure I'm packing some heat then, as any other good US citizen.

Make sure you visit me when you're here! Or else!

8bit

Knows the Score
How do you remaster an albini album?!

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that. Who remastered it?

I could understand if something like the Wedding Present's Seamonsters was remastered but isn't In Utero pretty much the peak Albini production?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that. Who remastered it?

I could understand if something like the Wedding Present's Seamonsters was remastered but isn't In Utero pretty much the peak Albini production?

A few of the songs at the time (the singles, I think) were mastered by Andy Wallace at Geffen's insistence.

EDIT: Well, I was close...

Nirvana wanted to do further work on the recorded tracks, and considered working with producer Scott Litt and remixing some tracks with Andy Wallace (who had mixed Nevermind). Albini vehemently disagreed, and claimed he had an agreement with the band that it would not modify the tracks without his involvement. Albini initially refused to give the album master tapes to Gold Mountain, but relented after a phone call from Novoselic. The band decided against working with Wallace and chose to remix and augment the songs "Heart-Shaped Box" and "All Apologies" with Litt at Seattle's Bad Animals Studio in May 1993.

Mikeside

I'm working (well...I guess posting on GAF right now), whilst my manager watches a Dane Cook video in the server room with the new guy.

Figures.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm working (well...I guess posting on GAF right now), whilst my manager watches a Dane Cook video in the server room with the new guy.

Figures.

Michaelside!

I have been listening to your mixtape. It's pretty far away from my comfort zone. I'm not good with such emotional directness. So far I like most of it though, although it's taking me a few listens. A Praise Chorus was on the first mix I made for E, too (with The Middle as well). The only one I really can't connect with is Bright Eyes, but I think I've already mentioned that. I got Lifted when it came out ages ago and although it was good songwriting etc etc I just couldn't handle his emotions all over the place.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You're out of your mind.

He's a pop "star" from the 90's/00's. Was fairly successful with a boy band Another Level, then went on to have a short lived solo career working with such musical greats as Victoria Beckham.

I liked that song!

It's in my head now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom