• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

A_Certain_Smile...jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I just heard budget woes have forced heaven to reduce "eternal life in god's kingdom" to only 500 billion years. Thanks a lot, dapperbandit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Daps going for Jimbor's crown while the throne is vacant, I see. The earth, she is scorched. See what you did, anonymous mod?? You've upset the power balance. It's a careful act to keep the American at bay, now daps has gone insane under the pressure, striking out at all comers in distraught, impotent rage.

I think we need to burn a jackben effigy, it's the only way to restore balance.

In other news, having a week off weed is making me a bit loopy/bored.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Interesting article, I'd say I pretty much agree with it. The author had the 'luxury' of being away from home for the detox, so the routine element of getting home and sorting yourself out is removed from him, which I think is much of the battle. When I think about it, probably at least an hour an evening is spent purely skinning up, with watching telly, making dinner and chatting to the mrs taking up the rest of the evening. I find that when I'm 'sober', TV doesn't hold much interest at all, same for games really, so I can totally see that weed is very much a time waster of a drug, it helps with daily monotony. I think I've been fairly lucky in that my habit does not seem to have adversely affected my life too badly (apart from missed opportunities and roads not taken I guess, but shit anyone could spend their whole life beating themselves up for all the things they haven't done) - I have friends who've demonstrably fucked their lives up, either mentally or actually through their habits. Meanwhile I've stayed employed, kept a relationship together and done a bunch of cool stuff, so I never really feel the urge to quit other than for money issues (damn 5 week month and stupid social life making me do things, I blame Mikeside).

Sometimes when I think about it I'll take the other view - what I spend weekly is roughtly equivalent to a really good night out. But that really good night out makes me feel like death for a couple of days, and means I have to be sober all week. Or, I could have a maintained and enjoyable state of stonedness for 7 whole days. I get that some folks disagree with me or judge me for it but it's never particularly bothered me.

I do like getting dreams back again, that is nice. And the money is nice too.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Seriously, F you Hearthstone. Is this what Blizzard games do? For some reason I feel compelled to keep playing to earn more things to play with which will in turn keep me playing. It's fun though :)

ACRID - we can play against each other, silly! You just need to select "Europe" as your server when you launch. The disadvantage is that you have to start from 0 again, so you lose all your xp etc (not permanently, it's just like having a separate account). Not sure if that's a bit too crap to want to play.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Interesting article, I'd say I pretty much agree with it. The author had the 'luxury' of being away from home for the detox, so the routine element of getting home and sorting yourself out is removed from him, which I think is much of the battle. When I think about it, probably at least an hour an evening is spent purely skinning up, with watching telly, making dinner and chatting to the mrs taking up the rest of the evening. I find that when I'm 'sober', TV doesn't hold much interest at all, same for games really, so I can totally see that weed is very much a time waster of a drug, it helps with daily monotony. I think I've been fairly lucky in that my habit does not seem to have adversely affected my life too badly (apart from missed opportunities and roads not taken I guess, but shit anyone could spend their whole life beating themselves up for all the things they haven't done) - I have friends who've demonstrably fucked their lives up, either mentally or actually through their habits. Meanwhile I've stayed employed, kept a relationship together and done a bunch of cool stuff, so I never really feel the urge to quit other than for money issues (damn 5 week month and stupid social life making me do things, I blame Mikeside).

Sometimes when I think about it I'll take the other view - what I spend weekly is roughtly equivalent to a really good night out. But that really good night out makes me feel like death for a couple of days, and means I have to be sober all week. Or, I could have a maintained and enjoyable state of stonedness for 7 whole days. I get that some folks disagree with me or judge me for it but it's never particularly bothered me.

I do like getting dreams back again, that is nice. And the money is nice too.
Does your missus get stoned with you?

And the missed opportunities/roads not taken bit is complete bullshit. That can happen to anyone regardless of whether they get stoned or not, trust me.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Does your missus get stoned with you?

And the missed opportunities/roads not taken bit is complete bullshit. That can happen to anyone regardless of whether they get stoned or not, trust me.

Yeah we're both as bad as each other :p she's kept her life together well too, we're model stoners.

Had some awesome dreams last night though, and feel fresh as a daisy this morning. Pros and cons innit.

Reknoc

Seriously, F you Hearthstone. Is this what Blizzard games do? For some reason I feel compelled to keep playing to earn more things to play with which will in turn keep me playing. It's fun though :)

ACRID - we can play against each other, silly! You just need to select "Europe" as your server when you launch. The disadvantage is that you have to start from 0 again, so you lose all your xp etc (not permanently, it's just like having a separate account). Not sure if that's a bit too crap to want to play.

That's a Blizzard game, yep, you start to hate it but its good and you cant stop but the game hates you but its good.

(I actually haven't played Hearthstone much after the first tutorial)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That's a Blizzard game, yep, you start to hate it but its good and you cant stop but the game hates you but its good.

(I actually haven't played Hearthstone much after the first tutorial)

I get why World of Warcraft takes over people's lives now. It's designed like drugs! I heard a lot of people talking about HS but dismissed it as being not for me. It took a good few games, but I think I'm hooked now. If you ever want to play just shout. I'm dreadful anyway.

One of my friends at work is a hardcore Wow-er (goes on raids most nights etc) and she's sent me a link to Smite, so gonna try that at some point soon too.

--

Bloody overslept again last night and late again. Got to stop feeling down before I go to bed and having nightmares! Last night I was being stalked and constantly beaten up by this mysterious person who then forced me to literally eat dirt. Crikey. Anyone got any good nightmare stories? And how is everyone? Morning morning morning

SteveWD40

My favourite game in years.

I have been pretty lucky with Legendarys: Leeroy, Ysera, Tirion, Jaraxxus and Harrison thus far...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I get why World of Warcraft takes over people's lives now. It's designed like drugs! I heard a lot of people talking about HS but dismissed it as being not for me. It took a good few games, but I think I'm hooked now. If you ever want to play just shout. I'm dreadful anyway.

One of my friends at work is a hardcore Wow-er (goes on raids most nights etc) and she's sent me a link to Smite, so gonna try that at some point soon too.

--

Bloody overslept again last night and late again. Got to stop feeling down before I go to bed and having nightmares! Last night I was being stalked and constantly beaten up by this mysterious person who then forced me to literally eat dirt. Crikey. Anyone got any good nightmare stories? And how is everyone? Morning morning morning

Last night in my addled sober dreams there was a bit where I was on the ramparts of a castle and I rounded a corner to find mrs sniv being fucked from behind by someone I don't know, but they were both fully clothed. I threw him off the battlements and she was crying. It was weird.

Reknoc

Yea, I sort of dismissed it as well, I'm not great at TCG and never really like building a deck. Then it came out on iPad so I thought well why not, I'll give it a go. I enjoyed it but I do have a few problems with it; I didn't like the tutorial, even though it did a good job of explaining all the mechanics it was really wordy and went on a little too long. I also find the iPad version has a lot of delay between taking actions and the action being made.

I'll try and remember to pop my b.net id here when I have access to it. (also good for anyone with Reaper of Souls)

I used to play WoW but after spending 9 hours straight on it one Sunday I decided to stop. Far too many other things to be doing with my time!

Going to meet James O'Barr later today :)

I like Goblins. I like Top Trumps. This appears to be relevant to my interests...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...? REALLY?! The original Crow graphic novel was my favourite thing ever. It got me into Joy Division!

Stop. Elaborate. I'll listen.

Yep, he's signing at Orbital Comics. Bunk off work and come down!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Last night in my addled sober dreams there was a bit where I was on the ramparts of a castle and I rounded a corner to find mrs sniv being fucked from behind by someone I don't know, but they were both fully clothed. I threw him off the battlements and she was crying. It was weird.

Yikes. That sounds horrible.

Yea, I sort of dismissed it as well, I'm not great at TCG and never really like building a deck. Then it came out on iPad so I thought well why not, I'll give it a go. I enjoyed it but I do have a few problems with it; I didn't like the tutorial, even though it did a good job of explaining all the mechanics it was really wordy and went on a little too long. I also find the iPad version has a lot of delay between taking actions and the action being made.

I'll try and remember to pop my b.net id here when I have access to it. (also good for anyone with Reaper of Souls)

Ace!yup. Moved to PC and it's just way better.

My favourite game in years.

I have been pretty lucky with Legendarys: Leeroy, Ysera, Tirion, Jaraxxus and Harrison thus far...

I refuse to play you for at least 1 year. My best card is Novice Engineer.

Goblin Top Trumps.

That's harsh! It's a very deep and strategic experience with blah blah blah.

I like Goblins. I like Top Trumps. This appears to be relevant to my interests...

Join in! It's easy and free. The micro transactions are unobtrusive too (and optional).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yea, I thought about moving to PC but man, it's such a perfect iPad games and the controls are so good just that killer delay :(((

I know exactly what you mean!

I will play weird test decks with stupid combos, like mad scientist priest (high health low attach minion, double their health, double it again and then inner fire = lolfuckyou).

Ha! I'm still finding my favourite hero. Mage seems pretty good, I'm hopeless with Druid and Im OK with Warrior.

ps where is everyone?

SteveWD40

Druid needs some of the class epics to be good, control druid is great when you have the cards.

Best cards to craft for all classes: Big Game Hunter, Faceless Manipulator, Defender of Argus. The two former can be used to copy someone's Ragnaros for example and then kill theirs, for 8 mana, which is nice.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I enjoy what little of Hearthstone I've played, but when ever I hear about high level play it drains my will to put any more time into it. I may be fairly good for a scrub, but soon enough I'll come up against someone who I've got no chance against whatsoever. Doesn't fill me with enthusiasm.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Who you callin' a nerd, nerd?

Who you callin' buddy, friend?

I enjoy what little of Hearthstone I've played, but when ever I hear about high level play it drains my will to put any more time into it. I may be fairly good for a scrub, but soon enough I'll come up against someone who I've got no chance against whatsoever. Doesn't fill me with enthusiasm.

Doesnt the matchmaking take care of that? It's been pretty good for me so far.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Goblin Top Trumps.
HEY that's...not far off actually.
Yeah we're both as bad as each other :p she's kept her life together well too, we're model stoners.

Had some awesome dreams last night though, and feel fresh as a daisy this morning. Pros and cons innit.
That's good though. If you were going it alone that wouldn't be as much fun IMO. It's fine to have a few vices as long as you keep them under control, and it's even better if you share them with your partner. It's why I might start smoking more, I was never into it that much but my girlfriend very much enjoys it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hey nerds, I have asked you compooter stuff before and you've been rather helpful - here is my pipe dream of the day, do you know if this is possible -

making labels in Word via mailmerge from Excel sheets. I have around 50 excel sheets, I need to merge these individually and then print them one at a time. Obviously this is taking a while. Do you know if it's possible to automate this process? If so, how? Google is failing me!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm no defender of Cameron but mispronouncing some podunk town in the armpit of the country isn't exactly an impeachable offense innit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom