• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The funny thing is Ninja, I genuinely call my dad Papa.

A side effect of living in France/Switzerland until I was 5.

Do you pronounce it papper or pah pah?

also on the old people tip, I'm currently having to work/persevere with my fleet of geriatrics otherwise known as invigilators. The fucking PALAVA these people making about using a godamn mobile phone does my head in.

SKINNER!

Banned
I call my dad where the fuck have you been the last 10 years

0oqVSeT.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yep. + so why did you disown me again? And why did you hit my mum?

Bad dad club unite!

oooh can I join?

I barely knew my dad (assuming he's still alive, could just as easily be dead) but I distinctly remember as a 6-7 year old that he was super impressed I could read because he couldn't. I remember thinking at the time "I'm glad you're not here more often", never really changed my mind on that as I grew up.

jimbor

Banned
I can't wait to get old and useless.
I think I do best when faced with low expectations.

Nope, I can't do it, I don't wanna do it. I'm old. Do it for me, young person. Your patronising labour on my behalf is all the technology I need. #giveafuck

You're halfway there, mane.

My dad never abandoned me, he raised me and my brother as a single parent. Dude was a fucking chick magnet at gingerbread meetings.

Reknoc

Some people really can't cope with self checkout machines. When your tempter is so sort you literally have to say fuck to any small niggle you really shouldn't use one. Top Tip to the angry man next to me today.

I hate those things. Always fear something doesn't weigh slightly right so the attendant strides over gives me an accusatory glare puts in her code on the machine another glare then checks the bag I've been packing.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm terribly sorry, but I'm unable to share my feelings about my mother. Please do kindly desist or I shall shoot you. Many thanks. Mrs. I. AMAHUMAN

That whole film could've played out a heck of a lot more friendlier if those pesky Replicabts were a bit more in touch with their feelings...

"Mr Tyrell? Sorry to disturb you, sir, but a gentleman named Roy Batty is at the door, he asked if you fancied popping out for a quick chat over tea and scones."

"That'd be absolutely wizard! Let me grab my coat."

Bad dad club unite!

Ooo ooo can I add "why did you pretend to be dying of cancer" and "why did you decide a bottle or six of vodka would be more interesting than my Wedding?"

...aaaand I've over shared.

NinjaBoiX

I call my dad where the fuck have you been the last 10 years
Dude... :,(
My dad never abandoned me, he raised me and my brother as a single parent.
Ditto.

He got me and Ross through some tough shit and he's raised us right (pretty much!) He might not have gone about everything the right way and has always had a fairly harsh "tough love" approach to parenting (which has probably rubbed off on me and Ross, we're often accused of being quite cold and abrupt with people) but he did a good job given the circumstances.

Big love Papa Bear.

(I should really go and see them...)

Vashetti

Banned
PopGAF have got a fuckload to answer for by collectively lowering GAF's IQ by 20 points with all their retarded new words.

What is happening over in gaming anyway?

Xbox One w/o Kinect launching in June for $399/£349.

Xbox Live Gold no longer required for entertainment apps (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Internet Explorer, etc.).

Games with Gold coming to Xbox One in June.

Reknoc

PopGAF have got a fuckload to answer for by collectively lowering GAF's IQ by 20 points with all their retarded new words.

What is happening over in gaming anyway?

Microsoft decided the kinect wasn't as integral as they previously said.

Hoping for a price drop in time for D4 which is the only xbone game I care about.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
oooh can I join?

I barely knew my dad (assuming he's still alive, could just as easily be dead) but I distinctly remember as a 6-7 year old that he was super impressed I could read because he couldn't. I remember thinking at the time "I'm glad you're not here more often", never really changed my mind on that as I grew up.

Welcome to the club. Not sure I should congratulate you, though. :-(

That whole film could've played out a heck of a lot more friendlier if those pesky Replicabts were a bit more in touch with their feelings...

"Mr Tyrell? Sorry to disturb you, sir, but a gentleman named Roy Batty is at the door, he asked if you fancied popping out for a quick chat over tea and scones."

"That'd be absolutely wizard! Let me grab my coat."

Ooo ooo can I add "why did you pretend to be dying of cancer" and "why did you decide a bottle or six of vodka would be more interesting than my Wedding?"

...aaaand I've over shared.

Thats awful. Welcome to the bad club.

And don't worry about it. I'm the Queen of oversharing. Too bloody chatty. You have a normal conversation and then suddenly it's "oh I once knocked down 3 people when I drove a moped!".

And hahahahahahaha at wizard! I'd love to watch Downton Runner.

Too many different tones in that response, I'm sorry.

AcridMeat

Banned
Bahaha!

I saw Alien before I had my first erection. Man, I screamed like John Hurt that first time. Terrified.
Yeah I walked in on it and watched about half of it when I was 3.
Xbox One w/o Kinect launching in June for $399/£349.

Xbox Live Gold no longer required for entertainment apps (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Internet Explorer, etc.).

Games with Gold coming to Xbox One in June.
This is big but doesn't really make me want an Xbox One over a PS4 at this point.

I was a member of the 10 years without a Dad club until Easter when I turned up unannounced on his doorstep. I decided life is too short to bare grudges and everyone deserves a second chance.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Boo jimbor is down, BGAF just got safer for a month, lame.

I wish, especially in community threads, mods would engage rather than ban outright. This is a cunty thread, it's why it's fun.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I was a member of the 10 years without a Dad club until Easter when I turned up unannounced on his doorstep. I decided life is too short to bare grudges and everyone deserves a second chance.

I'm glad for you, but for me I'd rather not spend time tracking down and interacting with someone who is such a poor human being. It's barely even a grudge, paternity crosses my mind barely twice a year and then it's usually "I wonder if he died yet?"

I hope for your sake he's worth spending the effort on is all.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm glad for you, but for me I'd rather not spend time tracking down and interacting with someone who is such a poor human being. It's barely even a grudge, paternity crosses my mind barely twice a year and then it's usually "I wonder if he died yet?"

I just can't feel that way. Even though he insulted me, spat at me etc etc, he's still my dad and I still love him. I've tried calling home sometimes but he just hangs up on me.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I just can't feel that way. Even though he insulted me, spat at me etc etc, he's still my dad and I still love him. I've tried calling home sometimes but he just hangs up on me.

Aw man that hurts to read :( I count myself lucky in that he was never around when I was a kid so I have no real bond with him, he's just an old drunk who would visit every couple of years when he needed money or a sofa to sleep on.

Vashetti

Banned
Man some of these posts make me thankful that I have a loving relationship with my parents.

When they're gone, and my boyfriend, I'm not 'sticking around', so to speak.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Aw man that hurts to read :( I count myself lucky in that he was never around when I was a kid so I have no real bond with him, he's just an old drunk who would visit every couple of years when he needed money or a sofa to sleep on.

Ah its alright. Just makes you more aware of how people can be idiots and how you can not join them.

Kind of shocking and sad to hear all these bad dad stories though. Ah well.

Daps I blame you.

Son Of D

It's really upsetting to see these bad dad stories. My relationship with my parents is one of the parts of my life that's positive. Especially my dad, if it weren't for something he did during my childhood then... actually I think that's a story for another day.

That's wonderful. I can imagine it was pretty overwhelming.

It was a bit, it was nice though, he was ever so pleased to see me

Yeah I hope so too, I'm giving him this second chance so I hope he appreciates it

That's so sad :( my 10 years was me not wanting to see him, but even so I was terrified he wouldn't want to see me when I showed up. I'm glad he did and it turned out well, but I feel so bad for you. Maybe one day he'll wake up and realise what an awesome human being he's missing out spending time with.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That's so sad :( my 10 years was me not wanting to see him, but even so I was terrified he wouldn't want to see me when I showed up. I'm glad he did and it turned out well, but I feel so bad for you. Maybe one day he'll wake up and realise what an awesome human being he's missing out spending time with.

Oi Soturi keep it in check! Emotions are for weekends, I got a job ta do!

but thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom